PDA

View Full Version : Carry on campus?

JConner
04-24-2008, 10:31 PM
Do you think that licensed college students should be allowed to carry guns on campus?

I think that allowing licensed students to carry would do away with the majority of school shootings. IF I were a person who decided I wanted to kill people....the first place i would go is a college campus or a mall!

MistaCee
04-24-2008, 10:31 PM
Nope I believe that would be a bad idea.

BlkCD5
04-24-2008, 10:36 PM
x2, you'd just have more cases of shootings regarding stupid ****. Best solution is to have better security. Its sad that school shootings always pop in and out throughout the years.

redrumracer
04-24-2008, 10:36 PM
yes more people that are properly trained and licensed to use one would prob help deter a lot of crime even if the people dont have the balls to use it.

JConner
04-24-2008, 10:42 PM
x2, you'd just have more cases of shootings regarding stupid ****. Best solution is to have better security. Its sad that school shoots always pop in and out throughout the years.

no you would not! People that can get a lisence to carry are not idiots that would shoot some guy because he looked at his girlfriend.

Security??? HA! They are RENT A COP's that may or may not be carrying a gun....they just stand around and chat all day about the hott college girls. By the time a rent a cop even gets reports of a shooting in a classroom everyone would be dead!

81911SC
04-24-2008, 10:43 PM
Yes, there is hardly any logical reason as to why not. More security would be extremely expensive and the colleges won't pay for it. How can you let someone who is licensed in the state to carry but not on school grounds? Stupid shootings? Don't give me that. Almost all people with CCL's are extremely professional. You act like it's some guy who gets mad and goes and shoots up campus cause he is pissed. No, that's not the type of people who carry legally. Talk to anyone who does and you will notice they are not as immature as someone who would get pissed over something and do that type of crime. It's not like the students who would carry, (myself included) would go around and try some vigilante type justice. If we were in some room waiting on the cops and someone breaks in, that's giving us a small chance of survival. Where you saying no are giving us nothing. More security would be good, but not enough. When CC is allowed, crime is less. Facts prove it. Why not at schools where it is needed the most?

Alan®
04-24-2008, 10:46 PM
Do you think that licensed college students should be allowed to carry guns on campus?

I think that allowing licensed students to carry would do away with the majority of school shootings. IF I were a person who decided I wanted to kill people....the first place i would go is a college campus or a mall!
Wow you know what we had a discussion about this 2 weeks ago I'm with you on this though.

JConner
04-24-2008, 10:47 PM
Yes, there is hardly any logical reason as to why not. More security would be extremely expensive and the colleges won't pay for it. How can you let someone who is licensed in the state to carry but not on school grounds? Stupid shootings? Don't give me that. Almost all people with CCL's are extremely professional. You act like it's some guy who gets mad and goes and shoots up campus cause he is pissed. No, that's not the type of people who carry legally. Talk to anyone who does and you will notice they are not as immature as someone who would get pissed over something and do that type of crime. It's not like the students who would carry, (myself included) would go around and try some vigilante type justice. If we were in some room waiting on the cops and someone breaks in, that's giving us a small chance of survival. Where you saying no are giving us nothing. More security would be good, but not enough. When CC is allowed, crime is less. Facts prove it. Why not at schools where it is needed the most?

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to 81911SC again.

Well put my friend!

JConner
04-24-2008, 10:48 PM
Wow you know what we had a discussion about this 2 weeks ago I'm with you on this though.

danget!!!!! i couldn't remember if there was a thread about this topic so i searched every combination of "carry guns on compus" and didn't find anything.

81911SC
04-24-2008, 10:49 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to 81911SC again.

Well put my friend!
Thanks bud.
I repped you anyway. :goodjob:

It happens daily, around small towns, large towns, and sad to say but schools now too. It's obsured to say we can't protect ourselves and have to rely on rent a cops.

Stormhammer
04-24-2008, 10:51 PM
California allows it. And on government premises, church premises, and such. Those are all illegal in GA.

81911SC
04-24-2008, 10:53 PM
California allows it. And on government premises, church premises, and such. Those are all illegal in GA.
Utah allows it, and they will give you a CCL unlike 80% of LOLiforna.

markopolo311
04-24-2008, 10:55 PM
You guys wearing your empty holsters this week? Me and a few ppl are wearing them here at Tech.

Alan®
04-24-2008, 10:57 PM
http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169321&highlight=south+carolina

here you go man this is the thread I was talking about.

JConner
04-24-2008, 10:58 PM
You guys wearing your empty holsters this week? Me and a few ppl are wearing them here at Tech.

Excatly why I started this thread.....:cheers:

My friend Rob was just interviewed on CBS news at 11 tonight wearing his emptly holster at GA state so I thought I would start a thread about it.

Alan®
04-24-2008, 10:59 PM
See I don't understand this. How is it that here in atlanta that we can pass lawas allowing people to CC on marta and in restraunts but not on college campuses? Makes absolutely no sense to me. You have more of a chance getting shot in a restraunt now than you do on a college campus? :lmfao: :lmfao: :thinking: Give me a break man.

81911SC
I'm in a pretty liberal school and they said "No".
I did have a talk with them and explain my views and opinions though.

JConner
http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169321&highlight=south+carolina

here you go man this is the thread I was talking about.

oh ok now i remember lol....i guess that is why i couldnt find the thread, it wasn't strictly about carrying guns on campus

Alan®
04-24-2008, 11:00 PM
I'm in a pretty liberal school and they said "No".
I did have a talk with them and explain my views and opinions though.
Where do you go now?

Deke
04-24-2008, 11:07 PM
Security??? HA! They are RENT A COP's that may or may not be carrying a gun....

Tech actually has it's own police (as do many other major colleges). They have all the same rules and privledges that an Atlanta cop does.

That being said, I still think concealed carry should be allowed. If it was, people wouldn't even notice a difference.

JConner
04-24-2008, 11:15 PM
Tech actually has it's own police (as do many other major colleges). They have all the same rules and privledges that an Atlanta cop does.

That being said, I still think concealed carry should be allowed. If it was, people wouldn't even notice a difference.

people would definately notice a difference...

the difference would be that they would feel SAFE :D

HeLLo iM iZzY
04-24-2008, 11:16 PM
At first I thought, hmm yeah they should BUT THEN I was like, maybe they shouldn't. I agree with all those trying to protect themselves from any possible shooters coming in there. I agree with that 100%. You could be that college student hero because of your gun.

But what if someone gets ahold of it, or throws you down, and pulls it out and starts a school shooting? I think that would be a very bad idea. There could be a couple of them who are having a bad day and just attack the hell out of you, grab your gun, and start shooting everywhere. Now possibly most of the blame, if not the whole, will be on you.

So therefore giving both sides of it, I'm pretty much on the fence about this situation.

Alan®
04-24-2008, 11:16 PM

This is true but to me they are still just upgraded rent a cops overweight and lazy.

81911SC
04-24-2008, 11:17 PM
At first I thought, hmm yeah they should BUT THEN I was like, maybe they shouldn't. I agree with all those trying to protect themselves from any possible shooters coming in there. I agree with that 100%. You could be that college student hero because of your gun.

But what if someone gets ahold of it, or throws you down, and pulls it out and starts a school shooting? I think that would be a very bad idea. There could be a couple of them who are having a bad day and just attack the hell out of you, grab your gun, and start shooting everywhere. Now possibly most of the blame, if not the whole, will be on you.

So therefore giving both sides of it, I'm pretty much on the fence about this situation.
If their is a situation like this, I think the carrier would stop the threat before that.

JConner
04-24-2008, 11:18 PM

if someone got ahold of a gun that i was carrying through force, i would be confident that the guy/girl sitting two rows behind me in class or at the table next to me in the student center would shoot his/her ass before they could do any damage.

EDIT: see everyone, ignorant people like this are preventing our campuses, malls, towns, etc... from being safe!

Deke
04-24-2008, 11:29 PM
EDIT: see everyone, ignorant people like this are preventing our campuses, malls, towns, etc... from being safe!

No need for name calling.

JConner
04-24-2008, 11:40 PM
No need for name calling.

lol i know, but i get very exited about politics....especially when people have no clue what they are talking about.

SiRed94
04-24-2008, 11:45 PM
Well, I know regardless of if its illegal or not, I will still continue to carry mine on me everyday to class...

SiRed94
04-24-2008, 11:46 PM
but yes it should be made legal... there are just too many kids with fucced up lives that sit on the computer all day playing counter strike and finally decide to go shoot up their school when they realize they will never be able to pull any pu$$y from it...

JConner
04-24-2008, 11:48 PM
Well, I know regardless of if its illegal or not, I will still continue to carry mine on me everyday to class...

awesome man, keep up the good work! :cheers:

One day you might save someones life

ironchef
04-24-2008, 11:50 PM
Yes, there is hardly any logical reason as to why not. More security would be extremely expensive and the colleges won't pay for it. How can you let someone who is licensed in the state to carry but not on school grounds? Stupid shootings? Don't give me that. Almost all people with CCL's are extremely professional. You act like it's some guy who gets mad and goes and shoots up campus cause he is pissed. No, that's not the type of people who carry legally. Talk to anyone who does and you will notice they are not as immature as someone who would get pissed over something and do that type of crime. It's not like the students who would carry, (myself included) would go around and try some vigilante type justice. If we were in some room waiting on the cops and someone breaks in, that's giving us a small chance of survival. Where you saying no are giving us nothing. More security would be good, but not enough. When CC is allowed, crime is less. Facts prove it. Why not at schools where it is needed the most?Very nice.

Does the new GA law affecting CCL not affect campuses?

Alan®
04-24-2008, 11:51 PM
Very nice.

no it does not.

MistaCee
04-24-2008, 11:51 PM
but yes it should be made legal... there are just too many kids with fucced up lives that sit on the computer all day playing counter strike and finally decide to go shoot up their school when they realize they will never be able to pull any pu$$y from it...

Lol :lmfao:

ironchef
04-24-2008, 11:52 PM
no it does not.Lame.

Alan®
04-24-2008, 11:53 PM
also something I have never understood. Considering that college's like Tech, UGA, hell even my bumble hick school gordon are all part of the city why shouldn't they be allowed? Your going to tell me that a few sq. mi of a city are a no gun zone when practically the rest of the city is?

ironchef
04-24-2008, 11:56 PM
Yea seriously a couple blocks away from State is MLK Jr Boulevard haha, and some parts of that aren't a ****ing walk in the park lol.

81911SC
04-24-2008, 11:58 PM
Very nice.

Nope.
And thanks, man. :goodjob:

HeLLo iM iZzY
04-25-2008, 12:03 AM
lol i know, but i get very exited about politics....especially when people have no clue what they are talking about.Hmmm, if you're gonna talk about a serious situation/problem, then lets talk about one. And what is there to know about a topic like this? How to carry a gun? How to fire from one? Where to carry a gun?

Don't be the ignorant one.

HeLLo iM iZzY
04-25-2008, 12:05 AM
if someone got ahold of a gun that i was carrying through force, i would be confident that the guy/girl sitting two rows behind me in class or at the table next to me in the student center would shoot his/her ass before they could do any damage.

EDIT: see everyone, ignorant people like this are preventing our campuses, malls, towns, etc... from being safe!LOL, this post also makes me laugh. I saw I was on the fence about the situation. Nowhere does it say I'm a strong believer against guns on campuses. Looks like you have no idea what you are talking about buddy. If you're gonna reply to my post, atleast read through it as a whole.

81911SC
04-25-2008, 12:06 AM
Lets try and keep this thread civil please.
Move to Lifestyle maybe?

Alan®
04-25-2008, 12:10 AM
x2

TIGERJC
04-25-2008, 12:17 AM
I think we need guns on campus (j/k). Atleast the students with guns will try an stop the gunmen, which will give me time to get to my car and head home :D .

I don't trust college students enough to allow them to carry guns on campus. I see more guns going off due to small conflicts than anything else

Alan®
04-25-2008, 12:22 AM
I think we need guns on campus (j/k). Atleast the students with guns will try an stop the gunmen, which will give me time to get to my car and head home :D .

I don't trust college students enough to allow them to carry guns on campus. I see more guns going off due to small conflicts than anything else
Let me ask you this do you have any quams about going to eat at your favorite restraunt in Atlanta knowing that there are an unknown number of guns in the same room yet you don't even have the slightest idea as to who these people are? At least in a classroom you would have a good idea as to who to worry about.

man
04-25-2008, 12:35 AM

Same here, it seems like the only people that want it legalized are the people with guns. Everyone else would feel very uncomfortable. Had a debate today in class about this very issue. Also, just because you have a CCW license does not mean you know how to judge situations and react accordingly. A bunch of bullets flying from 20 different guns just sounds like a bad idea... And I am usually in favor of guns. Colleges are not the right place for them, however.

TIGERJC
04-25-2008, 12:38 AM
Let me ask you this do you have any quams about going to eat at your favorite restraunt in Atlanta knowing that there are an unknown number of guns in the same room yet you don't even have the slightest idea as to who these people are? At least in a classroom you would have a good idea as to who to worry about.
More Guns in the hands of students no matter what doesn't put me at ease. More trained Campus Police is the answer and better response time from the local police is the key. I still don't understand why Campus don't spend money on this and other safety measures to make campus safer for students, its not like colleges are underfunded :rolleyes:

markopolo311
04-25-2008, 12:41 AM
So do you want a cop in every classroom?

TIGERJC
04-25-2008, 12:47 AM
So do you want a cop in every classroom?
No but trained police or highly paid security for every 100-250 student would be fine

markopolo311
04-25-2008, 12:55 AM
Well the type of situations I'm thinking I'd need a gun for extra police aren't gonna help. It's just like the data on the flyer 81911SC posted up says. NIU, 2 min. response time, which personally I think is pretty damn good.

Let's say the guy in the back row plans some **** out and brings a Colt to class. How many do you think he could pop off in say half that amount of time?

Alan®
04-25-2008, 12:55 AM
More Guns in the hands of students no matter what doesn't put me at ease. More trained Campus Police is the answer and better response time from the local police is the key. I still don't understand why Campus don't spend money on this and other safety measures to make campus safer for students, its not like colleges are underfunded :rolleyes:
Because colleges at their core are business not education institutions.

man
04-25-2008, 01:01 AM
Well the type of situations I'm thinking I'd need a gun for extra police aren't gonna help. It's just like the data on the flyer 81911SC posted up says. NIU, 2 min. response time, which personally I think is pretty damn good.

Let's say the guy in the back row plans some **** out and brings a Colt to class. How many do you think he could pop off in say half that amount of time?

What do you think the chances are that another student is able to stop him, even with a gun? It's one thing to say "yeah I would pop his ass" it's another thing to pull the trigger. If you aren't willing to squeeze you have just made the situation even more dangerous. The kids that does these things have surrender no where in their minds. Pulling a gun on them is only going to get you shot before the unarmed ones.

markopolo311
04-25-2008, 01:04 AM
I'd rather my Government give me the option to choose to die fighting...

TIGERJC
04-25-2008, 01:07 AM

With your logic, I bet you think ghettos and trailer parks are safe too, especially in apartment complexes where everybody is close together like a classroom full of strangers.

man
04-25-2008, 01:09 AM
I'd rather my Government give me the option to choose to die fighting...

Ever had a gun pulled on you? Ever had a gun fired at you? How do you know you won't just run like everyone else? You can't practice these things.

markopolo311
04-25-2008, 01:10 AM
^ Explain what you mean there. EDIT(Tiger)

TIGERJC
04-25-2008, 01:14 AM
^ Explain what you mean there. EDIT(Tiger)
He is basically saying you're not trained to act responsible under that kind pressure.

PPl who run stand a greater chance of surviving that type of situation than to the ppl that will stay and fight

markopolo311
04-25-2008, 01:16 AM
Ever had a gun pulled on you? Ever had a gun fired at you? How do you know you won't just run like everyone else? You can't practice these things.

No, neither one. All i'm asking is why do you think the government should tell people they can't carry in there. I don't know if i'd have the balls to take some one like that out, most likely the oppertunity would never arise or whatever, but why should you have that oppertunity to make the choice to defend yourself taken from you?

redrumracer
04-25-2008, 01:20 AM
i can personally say yes to the first question, although it was by a cop. and yes i have had training with a gun, i used to be a security guard @ a nuclear power plant. so i do know how to react under stress.

Alan®
04-25-2008, 01:23 AM
i can personally say yes to the first question, although it was by a cop. and yes i have had training with a gun, i used to be a security guard @ a nuclear power plant. so i do know how to react under stress.
I also can say yes at the time I had next to no experience with guns. But I definitely didn't freeze :goodjob:

TIGERJC
04-25-2008, 01:24 AM
No, neither one. All i'm asking is why do you think the government should tell people they can't carry in there. I don't know if i'd have the balls to take some one like that out, most likely the oppertunity would never arise or whatever, but why should you have that oppertunity to make the choice to defend yourself taken from you?
If you are so worried about guns going off, take online courses. I think ppl caring would infringe on my personal safety, so keep your guns off campus. There are not enough school shooting to even justify carrying on Campus. If school officials and local Police did there job and if every gun transaction to a person is tracked this could have been stopped in the planning stages.

redrumracer
04-25-2008, 01:24 AM
I also can say yes at the time I had next to no experience with guns. But I definitely didn't freeze :goodjob:
just remember if a cop says to keep your hands out of your pockets, he means it. :yes: :yes:

Alan®
04-25-2008, 01:27 AM
If you are so worried about guns going off, take online courses. I think ppl caring would infringe on my personal safety, so keep your guns off campus. There are not enough school shooting to even justify carrying on Campus. If school officials and local Police did there job and if every gun transaction to a person is tracked this could have been stopped in the planning stages.
Tiger I think you need to consider just crimes in general on campus. When you look at the number of people that get robbed, mugged, attacked on campuses across the country your opinon might start to sway.

CelicaGT00
04-25-2008, 01:29 AM
i dont think students or anyone for that matter should be able to carry firearms other than the campus police. they should hire more campus police imo.

TIGERJC
04-25-2008, 01:33 AM
Tiger I think you need to consider just crimes in general on campus. When you look at the number of people that get robbed, mugged, attacked on campuses across the country your opinon might start to sway.
I have been robbed twice at gunpoint. 1 time with the gun pointed to the back of my head. I still stand by what I said

redrumracer
04-25-2008, 01:36 AM

those things dont necessarily constitute using deadly force, it should only be used when immediate danger of life is present. of course thats from the view point of a bystander, and most people that are in that situation would prob be females and less likely to carry a firearm. also the person attacks them because they appear weak or defenseless. for those kind of situations more lights and more cameras to deter those events from happening would be the better solution. maybe even more guards to actually stay in parking lots or decks. but im still for the right to bear arms, dont take this as a change in my position on weather guns should be allowed or not

markopolo311
04-25-2008, 01:37 AM
I think ppl caring would infringe on my personal safety, so keep your guns off campus.

This is the mindset that I have a problem with at heart. "I don't like what you're doing, so I'm going make you stop." Imposing your beliefs on others. If other want to carry guns to make themselves feel safer so be it. If that makes you uncomfortable, then you should go get your own gun.

Now i realize that's somewhat of a wild west mentality, but i'm just trying to simplify it down to my beliefs. Obviously the other option would be to just leave these gun toting people, but if we're talking about school here that's not really an option, but that's where the whole concealed thing comes in.

Alan®
04-25-2008, 01:40 AM
those things dont necessarily constitute using deadly force, it should only be used when immediate danger of life is present. of course thats from the view point of a bystander, and most people that are in that situation would prob be females and less likely to carry a firearm. also the person attacks them because they appear weak or defenseless. for those kind of situations more lights and more cameras to deter those events from happening would be the better solution. maybe even more guards to actually stay in parking lots or decks. but im still for the right to bear arms, dont take this as a change in my position on weather guns should be allowed or not
I completely agree with you. I say do whatever you can to prevent the need for someone to ever have to pull the gun but at the same time at least allow it for that added personal security. Personally I would carry. Seing as how I'm really tiny 5'7" 125lbs. What I think is worse however is that on a lot of campuses you could and no one would ever know.

redrumracer
04-25-2008, 01:41 AM
If that makes you uncomfortable, then you should go get your own gun.

saying this contradicts what you say right here

This is the mindset that I have a problem with at heart. "I don't like what you're doing, so I'm going make you stop." Imposing your beliefs on others.

TIGERJC
04-25-2008, 01:42 AM
This is the mindset that I have a problem with at heart. "I don't like what you're doing, so I'm going make you stop." Imposing your beliefs on others. If other want to carry guns to make themselves feel safer so be it. If that makes you uncomfortable, then you should go get your own gun.

Now i realize that's somewhat of a wild west mentality, but i'm just trying to simplify it down to my beliefs. Obviously the other option would be to just leave these gun toting people, but if we're talking about school here that's not really an option, but that's where the whole concealed thing comes in.
Then stay your pus.sy a.ss at home with your gun then. You are not going to make me stop.

Alan®
04-25-2008, 01:47 AM
well either way im goin to bed night chaps good talk.

markopolo311
04-25-2008, 01:47 AM
ok, i guess it is a flawed argument assuming you didn't like the first gun in the first place you wouldn't get a second one. What I meant was if "getting your own gun" was a way of making yourself feel safer by changing your actions instead of changing someone else's.

markopolo311
04-25-2008, 01:49 AM
make you stop what?

Spektrewing386
04-25-2008, 02:17 AM
thought this was relevent:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=C0vyxgJLJVA

81911SC
04-25-2008, 04:53 AM
What do you think the chances are that another student is able to stop him, even with a gun? It's one thing to say "yeah I would pop his ass" it's another thing to pull the trigger. If you aren't willing to squeeze you have just made the situation even more dangerous. The kids that does these things have surrender no where in their minds. Pulling a gun on them is only going to get you shot before the unarmed ones.
It would be better then nothing. How can you force us to sit and hope he misses? Or that he walks away? It seems Tiger is saying that it will be a large gunfight. I don't see that happening but what I do see is what the news shows. Students dead on campus. Police could respond in 1 min and there already be 10 dead. If someone had a weapon, they would have at least a chance to survive. Sorry, but I won't sit and hope he leaves.

Slow Motion
04-25-2008, 06:13 AM
don't be a puss. carry a gun. No seriously carry one because the guy mugging you has one, so is the guy raping you sister, and don't forget the pedo's that prey on lil kids, they don't use candy anymore, oh and don't let me forget the guy you sit to everyday whose having a hard time passing his class, paying for school, and who was just turned down by the smart bombshell in the front row, not her look left yes her.

The Ninja
04-25-2008, 06:27 AM
no you would not! People that can get a lisence to carry are not idiots that would shoot some guy because he looked at his girlfriend.

Security??? HA! They are RENT A COP's that may or may not be carrying a gun....they just stand around and chat all day about the hott college girls. By the time a rent a cop even gets reports of a shooting in a classroom everyone would be dead!

GA State has it's own police department, and I feel safer here with all these bums and **** around in the heart of Atlanta, than I do in bloody Acworth.

The Ninja
04-25-2008, 06:28 AM
don't be a puss. carry a gun. No seriously carry one because the guy mugging you has one, so is the guy raping you sister, and don't forget the pedo's that prey on lil kids, they don't use candy anymore, oh and don't let me forget the guy you sit to everyday whose having a hard time passing his class, paying for school, and who was just turned down by the smart bombshell in the front row, not her look left yes her.

Horsesh!t, Ran is still old school. Never seen him with a gun.

Slow Motion
04-25-2008, 06:32 AM
Horsesh!t, Ran is still old school. Never seen him with a gun.

Ran doesn't pray on girls under 13. He's not a sicko.

SampaGuy
04-25-2008, 07:14 AM

:blah:
Ummm no. You must be extremely ingnorant if you cant even see the point of the other side of the argument.

What if ur having a ****ty day, and then all of a sudden you see me making out with your girlfriend in the corner, whats holding you back on pulling outyour gun? Any dumbass can get a concealed weapons license, i dont trust them to keep me safe.

ShooterMcGavin
04-25-2008, 08:40 AM
:blah:
Ummm no. You must be extremely ingnorant if you cant even see the point of the other side of the argument.

What if ur having a ****ty day, and then all of a sudden you see me making out with your girlfriend in the corner, whats holding you back on pulling outyour gun? Any dumbass can get a concealed weapons license, i dont trust them to keep me safe.

they're not out to keep you safe, they're out to keep themselves safe and you might just happen to benefit from it.

and i CAN see the other side of the argument, but it is fundamentally flawed bc it assumes for ppl that they do not have any sense of SELF RESPONSIBILITY.

and the fact of the matter is, if we start limiting things like where law abiding citizens can legally carry, where does it stop?

we all know there are TONS of sh1tty drivers on the roads who are way more dangerous and kill way more often than anyone w/a gun. and these "dumb@sses" can get their drivers license a whole helluva lot easier than a concealed permit, yet we do not restrict in any way where they can drive, when they can drive, etc etc.

now the question is, can you understand, i mean truly comprehend, what i just said?

ShooterMcGavin
04-25-2008, 08:41 AM
GA State has it's own police department, and I feel safer here with all these bums and **** around in the heart of Atlanta, than I do in bloody Acworth.
that's bc actual downtown atl isn't all that dangerous since it has mostly bums wandering around :goodjob:

ShooterMcGavin
04-25-2008, 08:45 AM

that's something every individual should know before getting a permit and deciding to carry. bc fact of the matter is, if they're not ready to actually pull the trigger, then they probably won't draw their weapon in the situation you describe anyway.

ShooterMcGavin
04-25-2008, 08:46 AM
Ever had a gun pulled on you?
yes

Ever had a gun fired at you?
no, for which i am thankful

How do you know you won't just run like everyone else?
bc i know myself

You can't practice these things.
wrong, yes you can.

BKgen®
04-25-2008, 08:48 AM
Nope I believe that would be a bad idea.

:stupid:

ShooterMcGavin
04-25-2008, 08:49 AM
take online courses? so basically the way to ensure your safety is to never leave the house? what about home invasions which are becoming all the more common?

ONE school shooting is enough to justify carrying on campus imo bc it's one too many.

tracking gun sales has nothing to do w/the recent spat of shootings, maybe you didn't hear but all the guns used in the VT shooting, the NIU shooting and even the kid at the mall in Oklahoma were obtained LEGALLY.

twinj
04-25-2008, 08:49 AM
Its proven people with conceal permits are not as likely to pull a stunt like that. IDK If its a good idea or not though.

ShooterMcGavin
04-25-2008, 08:51 AM
Lets try and keep this thread civil please.
Move to Lifestyle maybe?
no, but i am moving it to wallstreet/politics. kinda impressed by the rather civil posts in here so far and would like to keep it that way.

twinj
04-25-2008, 08:53 AM
Thought about it, Nah not a good idea.

ShooterMcGavin
04-25-2008, 08:55 AM
exactly, until such a time as when it really mattered. when was the last time you saw someone that you KNEW was carrying concealed?

most ppl don't understand that as it stands now, a LOT of ppl carry EVERYWHERE regardless of the law and don't get noticed in any way bc they refuse to be caught off guard.

TIGERJC
04-25-2008, 10:30 AM
take online courses? so basically the way to ensure your safety is to never leave the house? what about home invasions which are becoming all the more common? I am not scared of the world, so that was for the guy who really needs a gun on campus to feel safe.

ONE school shooting is enough to justify carrying on campus imo bc it's one too many. Well many more shootings will occur if everyone starts carrying

GIXXERDK
04-25-2008, 10:36 AM
I think they should stiffen the laws so that getting a license is more difficult. I know of several people who can get licenced when they really arnt responsible. Just by reading posts on IA, I wouldnt want 95% of IA to get licenced.

I dont have a problem with carrying on school property, if only done by experienced individuals. In the heat of things, your attitude and actions change dramatically- which bothers me.

SlowsterCivy
04-25-2008, 10:44 AM
I vote no. Not a good idea.

ShooterMcGavin
04-25-2008, 10:46 AM
Well many shootings will acquire when everyone thinks that they need to carry
i'm sorry but i have no clue what you just tried to say there...

ShooterMcGavin
04-25-2008, 10:47 AM
I think they should stiffen the laws so that getting a license is more difficult. I know of several people who can get licenced when they really arnt responsible. Just by reading posts on IA, I wouldnt want 95% of IA to get licenced.

I dont have a problem with carrying on school property, if only done by experienced individuals. In the heat of things, your attitude and actions change dramatically- which bothers me.
agreed, i think most all states should adopt utah's training/requirement regiment in order to obtain a CCW. i mean, there is a reason that utah's permit is recognized by more states than any other out there.

IDCoconut
04-25-2008, 11:24 AM
EDIT: ^^ I took too long to post.

Allow it.

They just need to force CL applicants to take training courses and some sort of "scenario" class before they receive their CL. See, MOST concealed licenses carriers do this now anyway or were already well trained!

SampaGuy
04-25-2008, 11:33 AM
and i CAN see the other side of the argument, but it is fundamentally flawed bc it assumes for ppl that they do not have any sense of SELF RESPONSIBILITY.

Your side of the argument is just as flawed because it assumes that people DO have any sense of self responsability. It assumes that people are always going to have their safety switch on, never going to pull out the gun during times of extreme anger and what not, etc...

and the fact of the matter is, if we start limiting things like where law abiding citizens can legally carry, where does it stop?

What??? If we start limiting? Wasnt there a bill passed allowing people to carry inside restaurants and marta? And now you want to be able to carry inside schools? You tell me, where does it stop?

81911SC
04-25-2008, 11:39 AM

That's obsured. You cannot take random posts by people rather they be a inside joke or not to heart. That's ignorant. If you don't know them IRL, you don't know them. You may know their personalities but you have no idea about things of that nature based on their posts.

81911SC
04-25-2008, 11:40 AM
Your side of the argument is just as flawed because it assumes that people DO have any sense of self responsability. It assumes that people are always going to have their safety switch on, never going to pull out the gun during times of extreme anger and what not, etc...

What??? If we start limiting? Wasnt there a bill passed allowing people to carry inside restaurants and marta? And now you want to be able to carry inside schools? You tell me, where does it stop?\
It's not an assumption when it's backed up with facts.

SampaGuy
04-25-2008, 11:46 AM
\
It's not an assumption when it's backed up with facts.

So its a fact that people who have their concealed weapons permit never make mistakes and never **** up? :gay:

81911SC
04-25-2008, 11:50 AM
So its a fact that people who have their concealed weapons permit never make mistakes and never **** up? :gay:
Quote me where I said that. You're ignorant as balls if you disagree with my post.

tony
04-25-2008, 11:51 AM
Prior military service or some kind of training should be required but I say yes.

SampaGuy
04-25-2008, 11:56 AM
Quote me where I said that. You're ignorant as balls if you disagree with my post.

What did u mean then? What are the facts that prove that everyone has self responsability?

81911SC
04-25-2008, 12:01 PM
Never said everybody. I said most people who CC do. Ask anyone.

81911SC
04-25-2008, 12:09 PM
If you say yes or no, please explain as too why.
I'm off to class, I will be back around 9 too continue. :)

BlkCD5
04-25-2008, 12:18 PM
originally posted by JConner

Believe it or not, they're still some college students who are that immature. Jealousy is a *****. Have we forgotten about the high and middle schools as well. Maybe we should allow them to carry as well. :rolleyes: Early well known cases started mostly in middle/high school and progressed to colleges.

While it might be safer, I don't see the law getting passed. In most of the cases, they have serious mental baggage and they planned their attack. Also they ended up committing suicide, after their shooting spree. You really think that guy will care if students around him are carrying? More than likely, he'll find the "ideal" place. He's still gonna shoot, even if he gets lit the **** up anyways.

ShooterMcGavin
04-25-2008, 01:09 PM

i would say it's a fact that almost all the ppl that go crazy w/guns DON'T have a legal carry permit.

ShooterMcGavin
04-25-2008, 01:12 PM
What??? If we start limiting? Wasnt there a bill passed allowing people to carry inside restaurants and marta? And now you want to be able to carry inside schools? You tell me, where does it stop?

that bill was passed but has NOT been signed into law. not to mention we are hardly the first state to allow carry into such places.

what i refer to is the liberals that would sooner do away w/the 2nd amendment than anything else. "leaders" such as our great mayor who was just quoted yesterday saying:

“The presumption has to be, if this bill passes, that there are concealed weapons by people who just might get mad with them,” Franklin said. “The presumption needs to be, in order to have a safe city, that there are no concealed weapons. And only those who are acting criminally might have them.”

Jaimecbr900
04-25-2008, 01:50 PM
Wow! What truly amazes me is that people with such lack of general common sense are allowed to roam free, not only in the halls of said "higher" learning institutions, but down Main Street, U.S.A. :rolleyes: I mean this with all sincerity.....some of you REALLY need to NOT reproduce. Seriously.

#1. Police and their departments ARE NOT designed in any way shape or form with the ability, nor more importantly the capabilities to protect EVERYONE at ALL TIMES. It is a physical IMPOSSIBILITY to achieve this. You would need such an astronomically large police force in order to physically have enough police officers roaming the streets to then be in the correct proximity to stop a crime as it is happening. Which begs the LOGICAL question.....WHO exactly is responsible for protecting ME? Answer? YOU. That's it. YOU. The police can help. The police may even be able to stumble upon a scene and prevent some crimes. But the bulk of their job and work go towards RESPONDING to calls AFTER the crime has been committed. So if you're banking on the Police ALONE to somehow protect you from being killed or seriously injured from some random unexpected crime, then you're either A: retarded, or B: have no logic.

#2. CCW holders are NOT police officers. They are merely people who apply the logic from above to their daily lives. They DON'T wait around for police to save their lives. They have a mindset that IF NECESSARY they will protect themselves and maybe others. Do you want to be in the same room with someone like that when some lunatic is walking down a hallway taking human target practice or would you rather just coward under a desk and wait until it's YOUR turn?

#3. Gun ownership has a ton of benefits, one of which is as a deterrent. Criminals, even those that seem like they've lost their minds, steer clear of guns and dogs. Why? Because there are TONS of softer targets for them to hit IF that's their purpose. Do you really think that some kid that's pissed off at the world would walk into that school and start shooting IF he KNEW there was a high possibility the "school" would shoot BACK????? Ummm, NOOOOO is the likely answer.

Let's look at it another way:

Prisoners, as in STILL IN prison, HATE prison life and swear they will "never do it again" WHILE they are IN prison. Judging by the return rate of most prisons, that tune changes the minute their feet hit the outside. Right or wrong? Well, go ask ANYONE that has EVER been SHOT if they would want to be shot again. I'd be willing to bet that short of the occasional wannabe hardas$, 100% of them would say "no". Which do you think is a more powerful deterrent? Now take that and compound it by applying it to a "criminal" who would rather go back to jail than get shot. Still think that prison, police, and getting in trouble are deterrents to these people? Hell no. Getting shot damn sure is though. This is why and how guns deter crime. If YOU had to choose between getting 3 squares and not having to work for a living albeit confined or getting SHOT and possibly being DEAD.....which would YOU choose? Do you think a criminal is any different in that respect?

#4. Why do people think that if you carry a gun you are suddenly and automatically reverted back to the Wild West and become crazed with wanting to shoot everything? That is moronic. I'm willing to bet that most of you that I've met IRL had no clue that I was packing when I met you, yet there is very high possibility that I was. That's the purpose of a CCW. It's not to walk around with two holsters and a bandolier full of shells on your chest. I would much rather stand next to someone that takes a proactive approach to protecting themselves/their family, than stand next to some idiot that happens to run faster than me.....as in, "I don't have to be faster than the bear, just faster than YOU....." :lmfao:

#5. Why do so many of you want to succumb to someone else whose only advantage is that he/she is using a weapon? A gun is nothing more than a weapon.....a tool. It is inanimate. Mere paper weight until it's picked up. Right? So why would anyone coward down to another human being just because they happened to have picked up that tool first???? I'm a firm believer of the addage that says, "don't bring a knife to a gun fight.." If you have the gall to pull out a gun on me, by God you'd better be ready to get shot yourself because that's exactly what's about to happen to you. If not, then put your gun away and move on.

#6. I'm sick and tired of people insinuating that people that carry guns are somehow "paranoid" or "scared" and that is the reason they carry. I'm going to say for the record that I've gotten in more fist fights than 95% of everyone reading this long ass post. So I can say w/o remorse that I'm by far NOT scared to trade lumps with someone. Now only if someone had taught the same things to the CRIMINALS.....:rolleyes: Again, refer to #5 above. I'm prepared, NOT scared. There is a difference. BIG difference.

#7. I know LOTS of LEO's. I mean LOTS. I almost became one myself not too long ago. I can attest to the FACT that not all of them are marksmen. So, if you're depending on "police" to somehow come when summoned by some great big "P" being flashed up in the night sky, ala Batman......it's not the way it happens. They are human just like anyone else. They just happen to step up and do a job 99% of us aren't willing to do. Like I said, that's been my calling, so I'm not knocking it at all. I'm just tired of everyone thinking that is the ONLY answer to crime. It's not.

In closing, I'd like for the pundits to think about one thing:

Why do you bother worrying about the person that announces he/she is willing to defend themself when this world is chock full of losers that don't have the guts to? Worry about the coward that plots and schemes to take what belongs to you instead of the person that is willing to HELP you keep it. :rolleyes:

ISAtlanta300
04-25-2008, 02:19 PM
Wow! What truly amazes me is that people with such lack of general common sense are allowed to roam free, not only in the halls of said "higher" learning institutions, but down Main Street, U.S.A. :rolleyes: I mean this with all sincerity.....some of you REALLY need to NOT reproduce. Seriously.

#1. Police and their departments ARE NOT designed in any way shape or form with the ability, nor more importantly the capabilities to protect EVERYONE at ALL TIMES. It is a physical IMPOSSIBILITY to achieve this. You would need such an astronomically large police force in order to physically have enough police officers roaming the streets to then be in the correct proximity to stop a crime as it is happening. Which begs the LOGICAL question.....WHO exactly is responsible for protecting ME? Answer? YOU. That's it. YOU. The police can help. The police may even be able to stumble upon a scene and prevent some crimes. But the bulk of their job and work go towards RESPONDING to calls AFTER the crime has been committed. So if you're banking on the Police ALONE to somehow protect you from being killed or seriously injured from some random unexpected crime, then you're either A: retarded, or B: have no logic.

#2. CCW holders are NOT police officers. They are merely people who apply the logic from above to their daily lives. They DON'T wait around for police to save their lives. They have a mindset that IF NECESSARY they will protect themselves and maybe others. Do you want to be in the same room with someone like that when some lunatic is walking down a hallway taking human target practice or would you rather just coward under a desk and wait until it's YOUR turn?

#3. Gun ownership has a ton of benefits, one of which is as a deterrent. Criminals, even those that seem like they've lost their minds, steer clear of guns and dogs. Why? Because there are TONS of softer targets for them to hit IF that's their purpose. Do you really think that some kid that's pissed off at the world would walk into that school and start shooting IF he KNEW there was a high possibility the "school" would shoot BACK????? Ummm, NOOOOO is the likely answer.

Let's look at it another way:

Prisoners, as in STILL IN prison, HATE prison life and swear they will "never do it again" WHILE they are IN prison. Judging by the return rate of most prisons, that tune changes the minute their feet hit the outside. Right or wrong? Well, go ask ANYONE that has EVER been SHOT if they would want to be shot again. I'd be willing to bet that short of the occasional wannabe hardas$, 100% of them would say "no". Which do you think is a more powerful deterrent? Now take that and compound it by applying it to a "criminal" who would rather go back to jail than get shot. Still think that prison, police, and getting in trouble are deterrents to these people? Hell no. Getting shot damn sure is though. This is why and how guns deter crime. If YOU had to choose between getting 3 squares and not having to work for a living albeit confined or getting SHOT and possibly being DEAD.....which would YOU choose? Do you think a criminal is any different in that respect?

#4. Why do people think that if you carry a gun you are suddenly and automatically reverted back to the Wild West and become crazed with wanting to shoot everything? That is moronic. I'm willing to bet that most of you that I've met IRL had no clue that I was packing when I met you, yet there is very high possibility that I was. That's the purpose of a CCW. It's not to walk around with two holsters and a bandolier full of shells on your chest. I would much rather stand next to someone that takes a proactive approach to protecting themselves/their family, than stand next to some idiot that happens to run faster than me.....as in, "I don't have to be faster than the bear, just faster than YOU....." :lmfao:

#5. Why do so many of you want to succumb to someone else whose only advantage is that he/she is using a weapon? A gun is nothing more than a weapon.....a tool. It is inanimate. Mere paper weight until it's picked up. Right? So why would anyone coward down to another human being just because they happened to have picked up that tool first???? I'm a firm believer of the addage that says, "don't bring a knife to a gun fight.." If you have the gall to pull out a gun on me, by God you'd better be ready to get shot yourself because that's exactly what's about to happen to you. If not, then put your gun away and move on.

#6. I'm sick and tired of people insinuating that people that carry guns are somehow "paranoid" or "scared" and that is the reason they carry. I'm going to say for the record that I've gotten in more fist fights than 95% of everyone reading this long ass post. So I can say w/o remorse that I'm by far NOT scared to trade lumps with someone. Now only if someone had taught the same things to the CRIMINALS.....:rolleyes: Again, refer to #4 above. I'm prepared, NOT scared. There is a difference. BIG difference.

#7. I know LOTS of LEO's. I mean LOTS. I almost became one myself not too long ago. I can attest to the FACT that not all of them are marksmen. So, if you're depending on "police" to somehow come when summoned by some great big "P" being flashed up in the night sky, ala Batman......it's not the way it happens. They are human just like anyone else. They just happen to step up and do a job 99% of us aren't willing to do. Like I said, that's been my calling, so I'm not knocking it at all. I'm just tired of everyone thinking that is the ONLY answer to crime. It's not.

In closing, I'd like for the pundits to think about one thing:

Why do you bother worrying about the person that announces he/she is willing to defend themself when this world is chock full of losers that don't have the guts to? Worry about the coward that plots and schemes to take what belongs to you instead of the person that is willing to HELP you keep it. :rolleyes:

Jaime, you are my bro and you make some very good points.

However, I am going to play a bit of devil's advocate here.

This is another example of trying to tackle a problem with another problem. There are wacko's with gun on campus. So let's give everyone a gun and let them carry. Isn't the real problem the wacko with the gun in the first place? I think it would be far more effective keeping the wacko off-campus to begin with. There are a lot of measures we can take i.e. Metal detectors, increased security, increased pat-downs, dogs.. yes... i know.. it sounds a bit over the top, but ever been flying lately? Is there a reason they won't let passengers carry on plane's ONLY US marshalls (and some pilots)?

This whole debate rests on a lot of assumptions: Assumptions that ALL licensed gun carriers would be able to stop the thread point blank with one-shot, one kill. that all carriers are totally CAPABLE of knowing their weapons and extensively trained in proper usage. That ALL carriers are mentally stable enough to warrant them carrying a deadly device. That ALL carriers can exersice enough control when going friday night binge drinking not to pull out their weapon because someone called them Cracker or the N* word. That all carriers would remember to put the safety on at all times to prevent accidental discharges.

And everyone assumes the 'Hero' scenario where the good kid with a gun will take the bad guy in class and save the day. I think the real world scenario would be quite different. No one knows how you would react in such situation unless you actually find yourself in one. I predict a lot of kids running would get shot by stray bullets rather than by the wacko himself.

Now it does not mean I am against guns or against carrying. I just think that there is a time and place to have a weapon, and other areas who should remain 'off-limits. But of course, it seems we can have neither. most campusus don't provide appropriate measures to ensure a student's safety, so it is up to the individual to defend himself.

I just think issues like these should be carefully evaluated, as it is not as easy a 'yes' or 'no' solution as it seems.

ShooterMcGavin
04-25-2008, 02:26 PM
it's always hard to follow up one of jaime's posts, as he has a way of taking words right out of your mouth. but i would like to just throw a few more points onto some of what he's already said. with regards to:

#1 apparently ppl here have never heard of the Peelian Principles, which are the basic foundation of modern policing.

1) The basic mission for which the police exist is to prevent crime and disorder.

2) The ability of the police to perform their duties is dependent upon the public approval of police actions.

3) Police must secure the willing co-operation of the public in voluntary observation of the law to be able to secure and maintain the respect of the public.

4) The degree of co-operation of the public that can be secured diminishes proportionately to the necessity of the use of physical force.

5) Police seek and preserve public favor not by catering to public opinion, but by constantly demonstrating absolute impartial service to the law.

6) Police use physical force to the extent necessary to secure observance of the law or to restore order only when the exercise of persuasion, advice, and warning is found to be insufficient.

7) Police, at all times, should maintain a relationship with the public that gives reality to the historic tradition that the police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full-time attention to duties which are incumbent upon every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence.

8) Police should always direct their action strictly towards their functions, and never appear to usurp the powers of the judiciary.

9) The test of police efficiency is the absence of crime and disorder, not the visible evidence of police action in dealing with it.

#3 absolutely, i've said it once and i'll say it a million times more, there's a VERY good reason why shootings happen in schools, malls, restaurants as opposed to a gun store or a gun range!

#4 wild wild west mentality or not, if you allowed guns EVERYWHERE today to those who had a concealed carry permit, i will openly admit there's a great chance that some of those idiots will blast off and do something stupid. however, i guarantee you that those idiots will quickly kill each other off bc the simple fact of the matter is, an idiot with a gun is still an idiot.

81911SC
04-25-2008, 07:34 PM
Jamie's post is the best post I think I've ever read. Amazing, Jamie.

GSRteg®
04-25-2008, 09:43 PM

I am with you on all this man great logic.

81911SC
04-25-2008, 10:23 PM
I am with you on all this man great logic.
Thanks, man. :goodjob:

ShooterMcGavin
04-27-2008, 02:41 AM
all that's missing is the name of the school/college above the door...

nreggie454
04-28-2008, 09:48 AM
Jaime's post was awesome. Reps to him.

I agree that guns should be allowed on campus to those with CCW permits.

I find it extremely moronic to think that since a college would allow students with permits to carry, then every other person out there would instantly have guns. I assume that most college students do not have CCW permits, so there would be a relatively low number of armed students compared to unarmed (unlike the Wild West style ideas that people jump to). This low number is still a great way to deter shootings, and I don't think it would result to additional shootings because of hotheads. Anybody with a CCW permit is highly documented of having a gun and have had at least some training on when to use their gun and when not to. I think they would add to the safety of college campuses rather than lower it.

eraser4g63
04-28-2008, 12:39 PM

Yes, Yes, And to the last question because Its my job not too. I personally agree with guns on campus, I am also all for public hangings ( but thats another topic). IThink about it this way average response time for PD/FD/EMS is 8 mins not to mention a S.W.A.T call out is about 15-30 mins ( average), A Glock hand gun can fire >900 RMP. I would rather there be someone in the room with a gun to handle the issue in < 1 second. In all reality I am hoping they will OK Fire/EMS personnel to carry fire arms. I don't know if any of you have had the joy of being in the middle of a domestic dispute but it is not fun, and even though we are there to help they still want to get us for helping.

lilmanx01
04-28-2008, 05:50 PM
i dont think that would be wise. too many problems with college kids. girlfriend probelms, room mate problems, money problems... bad grades.. bad prof... too much partying. college kids have so much emo **** going on i def dont think they should be walking around strapped.

Jaimecbr900
04-28-2008, 06:09 PM
i dont think that would be wise. too many problems with college kids. girlfriend probelms, room mate problems, money problems... bad grades.. bad prof... too much partying. college kids have so much emo **** going on i def dont think they should be walking around strapped.

You do understand that 75%+ of all college students aren't 21, right? So that means that we are only talking about mostly seniors that are even old enough to carry in the first place. Factor out that the majority of seniors are more worried about chasing split tails than they are about applying for a CCW......what it REALLY means is a very small percentage of 21+ year olds that are way less likely to be your "emo" kids crying over getting jilted by some girl.

So, once again, the perception of possibly getting shot by one of these "seniors" is far more powerful than the fact.

Look at it like this:

Parents that use spank will attest that they hardly ever spank. Why? Because all they had to do was spank once or twice and after that their kids BELIEVE that if they SAY they are going to they will. That means they hardly, if ever, have to after that. The PERCEPTION is just as powerful if not MORE than the lack thereof.

Follow that? Same thing will happen in schools, malls, and/or any public place when one or two John Q. Publics stop some maniac from going on a huge killing spree. Criminals and idiots will then start thinking twice before thinking that's just easy sitting duck prey.

81911SC
04-28-2008, 07:38 PM
You should stick to lurking.

dohc4.6sc
04-28-2008, 08:58 PM
I have not read past the first few posts, but anyways if this hasnt been said, what if two students start fighting, student 1 comes at student 2 with chair attempting to hit him with it, student 2 pulls out his peice and shoots student 1. now would that be considered stand your ground law? if it would be, how often do you think it would happen? Anyone ever seen the southpark episode, where the guys are hunting and cant shoot the animals unless they are "coming right for them."

ShooterMcGavin
04-28-2008, 09:19 PM
I have not read past the first few posts, but anyways if this hasnt been said, what if two students start fighting, student 1 comes at student 2 with chair attempting to hit him with it, student 2 pulls out his peice and shoots student 1. now would that be considered stand your ground law? if it would be, how often do you think it would happen? Anyone ever seen the southpark episode, where the guys are hunting and cant shoot the animals unless they are "coming right for them."
it's going to be one messy case...unless student 1 comes out of nowhere and tries to attack student 2...

dohc4.6sc
04-28-2008, 09:24 PM
it's going to be one messy case...unless student 1 comes out of nowhere and tries to attack student 2...

What do you mean by a messy case? As in the police determining who was at fault? I'm talking about both students are arguing, student 1 (who is acroos the room) grabs a chair and runs at student 2. Would that be considered up under the"stand you ground" law? If so, then i think when students get into disputes they could shoot one another and get out trough a loophole. I.E. he had a pencil in his hand, and said he would stab me in the throat.

JConner
04-28-2008, 10:36 PM

the two students that are involved in this "fight" are immature enough to start this "fight." This would not be two students that are atleast 21 years of age and have taken the time to get a lisence to carry. The kids that get in a fight and throw chairs at each other are the students that pull out their ILLEGAL "piece" as the criminals call it and shoot each other.

ShooterMcGavin
04-28-2008, 10:43 PM
What do you mean by a messy case? As in the police determining who was at fault? I'm talking about both students are arguing, student 1 (who is acroos the room) grabs a chair and runs at student 2. Would that be considered up under the"stand you ground" law? If so, then i think when students get into disputes they could shoot one another and get out trough a loophole. I.E. he had a pencil in his hand, and said he would stab me in the throat.

messy as in student 2 is pretty much fuxored unless he has all kinds of witnesses saying he was attacked for NO REASON, if he had any part in the fight then no, the stand your ground law will not hold up for you.

in either case like jconner just said, the chances of this even happening like the way you envision is slim to none...

JConner
04-28-2008, 10:49 PM
messy as in student 2 is pretty much fuxored unless he has all kinds of witnesses saying he was attacked for NO REASON, if he had any part in the fight then no, the stand your ground law will not hold up for you.

in either case like jconner just said, the chances of this even happening like the way you envision is slim to none...

i love your sig picture!!!!!!! the people that cannot comprehend why criminals shoot up schools should simply look at that picture

lilmanx01
04-29-2008, 12:06 AM
You do understand that 75%+ of all college students aren't 21, right? So that means that we are only talking about mostly seniors that are even old enough to carry in the first place. Factor out that the majority of seniors are more worried about chasing split tails than they are about applying for a CCW......what it REALLY means is a very small percentage of 21+ year olds that are way less likely to be your "emo" kids crying over getting jilted by some girl.

So, once again, the perception of possibly getting shot by one of these "seniors" is far more powerful than the fact.

Look at it like this:

Parents that use spank will attest that they hardly ever spank. Why? Because all they had to do was spank once or twice and after that their kids BELIEVE that if they SAY they are going to they will. That means they hardly, if ever, have to after that. The PERCEPTION is just as powerful if not MORE than the lack thereof.

Follow that? Same thing will happen in schools, malls, and/or any public place when one or two John Q. Publics stop some maniac from going on a huge killing spree. Criminals and idiots will then start thinking twice before thinking that's just easy sitting duck prey.

I def agree that perception is very powerful. And i do understand that we are not talking about many students. But do you honestly think that if lets say 10% of the of age students have a CCW..and this becomes law that percentage would not raise?

But being a college student myself i cant say i would be comfortable sitting around people i dont know in my classes with loaded firearms. And I'm sorry but just because your 21 doesn't you may not have an emo day. I mean the VTech kid was over 21 wasnt he? With age comes more responsibility..with more responsibility comes more problems.

Kids under 21 yes may not be the wisest either and party too much, drink too much, not care enough. Or jst flat not know enough. Putting more guns out there will only make them more accessable. YES, if your a criminal you will think twice. But a lot of these kids these days that are shooting up colleges have problems, and I really don't think they care if they live or die. I mean obviously some have committed sucide so they must not care.

GSRteg®
04-29-2008, 12:47 AM
i would say it's a fact that almost all the ppl that go crazy w/guns DON'T have a legal carry permit.

True

Jaimecbr900
04-29-2008, 01:31 AM
Ok, since being "emo" is something people seem to be worried about........

How many teens die every year by their own hand.......DRIVING???? Compare that number to the allegedly astronomical number of suicide with guns by the same age group.

Come back and report so we can see which is more "dangerours".....guns or cars. ;)

What gun control people don't seem to understand is that if you take away the guns from law abiding citizens the only ones left with guns will be the criminals and police. Which one do you think outnumbers which? ;)

Police can't do it alone. Police can't be everywhere all the time. It is and should be up to each of us to initially protect ourselves and others. The ironic thing is that most, if not all, gun owners are willing to save the hide of those same pundits that would love to take away that same gun that may save their life. This is America after all.....:rolleyes:

ShooterMcGavin
04-29-2008, 09:01 AM
I def agree that perception is very powerful. And i do understand that we are not talking about many students. But do you honestly think that if lets say 10% of the of age students have a CCW..and this becomes law that percentage would not raise?

no, for those that don't consider getting a permit, the last reason is where exactly they can carry. i do not buy that just bc carrying on campus is legalized, suddenly have a permit would be the in thing and everyone would start rushing to get one once they hit 21.

IBut being a college student myself i cant say i would be comfortable sitting around people i dont know in my classes with loaded firearms. And I'm sorry but just because your 21 doesn't you may not have an emo day. I mean the VTech kid was over 21 wasnt he? With age comes more responsibility..with more responsibility comes more problems.

why? you'd rather be naive in thinking you're totally safe just bc there's a law saying you can't carry on campus? go look at my sig again please.

Kids under 21 yes may not be the wisest either and party too much, drink too much, not care enough. Or jst flat not know enough. Putting more guns out there will only make them more accessable. YES, if your a criminal you will think twice. But a lot of these kids these days that are shooting up colleges have problems, and I really don't think they care if they live or die. I mean obviously some have committed sucide so they must not care.

how does that have ANYTHING to do w/being able to carry on campus? being allowed to carry on campus does not translate to an increase in the # of guns on the market, no matter how logical it might seem on the surface. and maybe you really don't get it, but if people have problems and are willing to do stupid sh1t to themselves or others, THEY WILL NOT CARE THAT GUNS AREN'T ALLOWED ON CAMPUS. i swear some ppl just get stuck in a loop thinking that "gun free zone = safe zone". you need to find a way to adjust that thinking into "gun free zone = safe for CRIMINALS zone".