PDA

View Full Version : Misc I am now officially a Grandpa!

BUGMAN
04-24-2008, 06:15 PM
Kira was born @ 442 this afternoon weighing in at 6.8 ozs and 19 inches long. I think we are some of the youngest Grandparents that I know of.

Now I just have to find an old Cutlass to fix up for her first car!!!

Double_0_Rusty
04-24-2008, 06:17 PM
Congrats Chris!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hey man she was born at a good time......442, as in the Olds 442, ahhh anyhow. Have fun gramps!

gforce23
04-24-2008, 06:31 PM
Grandpa at only 37? :eek: :eek: Farkin quick! Looks as if those hormones are really pumping! :D

My grandpa become one at 50 while my dad's already 55 with no baby on the way. :D

BUGMAN
04-24-2008, 06:33 PM
Thanks guys!

Food for thought...

Grandma is younger than me! :eek:

SlowsterCivy
04-24-2008, 06:34 PM
Who made ya a grandpa, son or a daugther? Congrats!!:)

BTLFED
04-24-2008, 06:42 PM
Congrats y0! :goodjob:

Echonova
04-24-2008, 06:44 PM
Way to go old man!!!!! Congrats.

Echonova
04-24-2008, 06:45 PM
Playing with babies, giving them sugar for 2 hours straight and then giving them back to mom and dad FTW!!!!!!!!

NevrNufTorq
04-24-2008, 06:47 PM
congrats bro!!! you're gonna spoil the $hit out of her!!! your kids are gonna get jealous! :D

BUGMAN
04-24-2008, 06:56 PM
This was our 18 yr. old daughter that should be in college right now. :(

No regrets here. She changed her mind during the summer after graduating high school and we never try to force our children into doing anything that they don't wanna do unless it is against parental guidelines.;)

However this is not what we had in mind but we couldn't be happier.

Thanks again people... This is one of the greatest moments of our lives!

SlowsterCivy
04-24-2008, 06:58 PM

No regrets here. She changed her mind during the summer after graduating high school and we never try to force our children into doing anything that they don't wanna do unless it is against parental guidelines.;)

Oh congrats again. :cheers: 18:thinking: ? I guess it wasn't planned.

Elbow
04-24-2008, 07:19 PM
HUGE congrats to you and the family!!!!!!

ueyedgr8tness
04-24-2008, 08:03 PM
Congrats bug M.. I no it is something that u will never want to take back and that is all that matters.some parents don't take it well when it comes out like that but when parents like u.look at it as a blessing it makes it worth while to see :)

Loves my 2nd family
aka stay_up

KREEP
04-24-2008, 09:25 PM
Congrats Chris! I know yall are happy and excited about the grandbaby! Tell your daughter I said hello and congrats.That baby will have an amazing child hood and will have more love and fun than anyone could ever imagine ! Congrats ......and You can adopt me if you would like..... lol. Im not kidding adopt me ...now.

Nitro
04-24-2008, 09:35 PM
:cheers:

cactusEG
04-24-2008, 10:01 PM
Kira was born @ 442 this afternoon weighing in at 6.8 ozs and 19 inches long. I think we are some of the youngest Grandparents that I know of.

Now I just have to find an old Cutlass to fix up for her first car!!!

PIcs or it didnt happen lol JK homie. Congrats ! ! :bump:

Double_0_Rusty
04-24-2008, 10:18 PM
Chris I like the way you edited your first post after i said the Olds 442....NICE. I know where one is........like 4500.

redrumracer
04-24-2008, 10:19 PM
congrats man

SixSquared
04-24-2008, 10:30 PM
YAY! CONGRATS CHRIS!!!

CelicaGT00
04-25-2008, 01:19 AM
congrats! any pics?

BUGMAN
04-25-2008, 06:24 AM
Chris I like the way you edited your first post after i said the Olds 442....NICE. I know where one is........like 4500.

Ha Ha you trying to squeeze in credit for something again? :D

Since I was 16 I have had 7 Olds Cutlass and 4 of them were 442's. As soon as they recorded the birth time I told my wife; There is a good reason to build another 442 for Kira's first car. :)

Remember I have been Chevy/Olds/Pontiac for 5x longer than I have messed with Mustangs so it isn't like a love/hate thing about cars. Hell I have 7 different makes now including Mazda.

BUGMAN
04-25-2008, 06:29 AM
Oh congrats again. :cheers: 18:thinking: ? I guess it wasn't planned.

Actually it kinda was. The college idea went out the window a year or so ago and she said she wanted to get started with her life.

We are still old fashioned so we are not happy with the living together before marriage thing but learning to live with it fairly well. They have been on their own for a good while now and couldn't be happier so we accept the fact that times have changed but our opinions never will. ;)

Thanks for all the kind comments.

I will have some pictures up today for sure.

Double_0_Rusty
04-25-2008, 06:59 AM
Ha Ha you trying to squeeze in credit for something again? :D

Since I was 16 I have had 7 Olds Cutlass and 4 of them were 442's. As soon as they recorded the birth time I told my wife; There is a good reason to build another 442 for Kira's first car. :)

Remember I have been Chevy/Olds/Pontiac for 5x longer than I have messed with Mustangs so it isn't like a love/hate thing about cars. Hell I have 7 different makes now including Mazda.

I hear yah man.....seriously, my cousin has a 442, it is torn apart...NO RUST..he was restoring it, but hasnt worked on it since....1998. sittin in his shop

Motivation
04-25-2008, 11:54 AM
Congrats man. Time to start spoiling her.

SlowsterCivy
04-25-2008, 02:07 PM
Actually it kinda was. The college idea went out the window a year or so ago and she said she wanted to get started with her life.

We are still old fashioned so we are not happy with the living together before marriage thing but learning to live with it fairly well. They have been on their own for a good while now and couldn't be happier so we accept the fact that times have changed but our opinions never will. ;)

I gotcha. Wasn't sure 18 seems REAL young to be having a baby. :thinking: That's why I asked.

Yeah. I hear ya. I'll be an old fashion kind of parents too! Nothing wrong with how you feel, at least you and your wife are nice enough to work with it, and not stay mad for the living sisuation in which you don't approve of. Good luck with everything!

JohnnyC.
04-25-2008, 02:56 PM
Congrats man!

BUGMAN
04-25-2008, 04:04 PM
I gotcha. Wasn't sure 18 seems REAL young to be having a baby. :thinking: That's why I asked.

Yeah. I hear ya. I'll be an old fashion kind of parents too! Nothing wrong with how you feel, at least you and your wife are nice enough to work with it, and not stay mad for the living situation in which you don't approve of. Good luck with everything!

Thanks man... We know times are changing and we just have to go with the flow I guess. :thinking:

We can't really say anything about her age since Grandma here was only 17 when Nichole was brought into this world. :eek:

And I absolutely hate hypocrites.

WickedIXMR
04-25-2008, 11:47 PM
I am jealous of your lifestyle :(

Andy_013
04-26-2008, 02:05 AM
Congrats Chris!

Jimmy B
04-26-2008, 07:58 AM

Congrats gramps!

I jsut had my first child almost a year ago, and me and my (might as well be) wife arent married YET.. it took my parents a lil gettign used to also, but its all good, happiness cures all! we will be gettign married in OCT anyway..

again gongrats and spoil that kid!!! (i spoil mine as much as i can!)

yogi08
04-26-2008, 09:01 AM
congratulations chris! i got a long ass time before i become a grandpa, but i will be an uncle within about 6 months! hope the family is well! anyword on that bill of sale?

Reaper
04-26-2008, 10:40 AM

You've always been a stand up guy man, props to supporting your daughter and your grandchild instead of doing what many do and make it harder on the both of them! Speaks volumes:goodjob:

BUGMAN
04-26-2008, 11:42 AM
congratulations chris! i got a long ass time before i become a grandpa, but i will be an uncle within about 6 months! hope the family is well! anyword on that bill of sale?

Yeah man he said to just write one and sign his name. :goodjob:

BUGMAN
04-26-2008, 11:44 AM
Congrats gramps!

I just had my first child almost a year ago, and me and my (might as well be) wife aren't married YET.. it took my parents a lil getting used to also, but its all good, happiness cures all! we will be getting married in OCT anyway..

again congrats and spoil that kid!!! (i spoil mine as much as i can!)
October is a magic month so your already on the right track. :) We will have 20 years under our belts this Oct..

Yeah I know times are a changing and we are just trying to fit in where we can. Ya know it is getting really freaking hard to fit in at our age. :thinking:

You've always been a stand up guy man, props to supporting your daughter and your grandchild instead of doing what many do and make it harder on the both of them! Speaks volumes:goodjob:

Thanks man! Our kid's have done several not so smart things but where may they be without us helping guide them? We came up the hard way and just hate to see them do the same damn things we already went through.

The father of our grand baby is a hard one to like but he is a result from 18 yrs. of chitty parenting so we are working on that part and trying not to blame him. He is coming around. Words can not explain what I see in his eyes when he is looking @ Kira. I think he will be a fine father.

I am jealous of your lifestyle :(
Only if you were in my shoes you may see it a little different. :) Nah it is all good but man no matter what you do or how you live life will through you for some loops no matter what.

To everyone else thank you very much for all the warm comments. It is getting harder everyday in the parenting world. Too many things changing and way too fast at that.

Thighs
04-26-2008, 12:10 PM
CONGRATS MAN

oh off topic, john bought the seats. but i still have mirrors

BUGMAN
04-26-2008, 12:21 PM
CONGRATS MAN

oh off topic, john bought the seats. but i still have mirrors

Dang it... I need the driver side mirror if it is manual.

Thighs
04-26-2008, 12:24 PM
yeah i remembered you wanting it lol

come and get it man. tomorrow sound good?

BUGMAN
04-26-2008, 12:38 PM
Yeah man that should be fine. Thank's for reminding me.

osnap
05-06-2008, 02:42 PM
:cheers: congrats!