PDA

View Full Version : Ok please help....

T.S.
04-24-2008, 02:19 PM
Dont flame me please....

Im going to ask a couple questions b/c i honestly just dont know a whole lot about Audi's. I just got mine not but a minute ago. So here it goes...

What motor is in my 1.8t Audi 2001. Is it a 20v?

What compression does the stock motor run?

Why would i want to or need to upgrade my pistons and rods?

And whats the difference in compression?

Ok i think thats all for now....

Im running a larger turbo then stock. The Gt28rs turbo. It has the full upgrade on it. And with the car being messed up right now i still pulled a few car lengths on a S2K with a hell of a loud exhaust the other day. So i dont know what kinda power its putting down. The kid that i got it from said its 325 or so.

Thanks! :goodjob:

Ill give reps for help!

Total_Blender
04-24-2008, 02:36 PM
Why are you racing when your car isn't running right? :screwy:

Oh... I know... because the 1.8T NEVAR LOSES!!!! :lmfao:

All 1.8T's are 20v's.

You can easily find your compression ratio by searching the VW Vortex.

I'd find out whats in the car, get the problems you are having fixed... before worrying about pistons, rods, and compression

T.S.
04-24-2008, 03:54 PM
No your missing the point. The car is at EuroTech as we speak and Brian there is fixing all the kinks in it right now. And i was just wondering about this stuff for my car...

green_pedro7
04-24-2008, 04:26 PM
looks like a good pickup from the looks, if it ends up running good then you got a heck of a setup. But sometimes once the people do all that stuff to them they are never the same. Oh and look at www.audizine.com/forum they have tons of stuff and many people are upgrading to the GT28rs

but on stock you are running about 11 psi of boost, Im not totally sure on that

Thighs
04-24-2008, 04:33 PM
WWW.GOOGLE.COM

YOUR ON THE INTERNET! USE IT! we arent here to do your google searching for you.

Brown Man
04-24-2008, 05:01 PM
yes

9.5:1

you really dont need to upgrade your pistons, the stock pistons are good for the setup you have right now. but you can if you want to run high boost. rods you should upgrade b/c the stock ones a weak and will break if you run too much boost. so dif get new rods just to be on the safe side and you can get new pistons if you want to run higher levels of boost.

lower compression means that you can run higher levels of boost safer

Ill give reps for help!

hope that helps

T.S.
04-25-2008, 05:48 AM
Well i picked the whole car up for 11 which i didnt think was bad. The motor and tranny have 17k on them. And the turbo has 4k on it. Its the full Gt28rs turbo kit. But the kid put cheap wires in it, So Eurotech is upgrading those. And im also having the inlet pipe to the turbo enlarged b/c its a little small thing. The boost gauge when the car is being pushed is riding up to 18-20 psi. Brian was telling me that the turbo could hold alot more. But i would have to start looking at internals to make more power. So thats why the questions. I am new to audi's. My older brother (ADMIN) is a die-hard EURO fan. And he is the one that really got me hooked on these cars. After seeing what his 1.8t Golf did i was highly impressed.

4dmin
04-25-2008, 10:38 AM
Dont flame me please....

Im going to ask a couple questions b/c i honestly just dont know a whole lot about Audi's. I just got mine not but a minute ago. So here it goes...

Ok i think thats all for now....

Im running a larger turbo then stock. The Gt28rs turbo. It has the full upgrade on it. And with the car being messed up right now i still pulled a few car lengths on a S2K with a hell of a loud exhaust the other day. So i dont know what kinda power its putting down. The kid that i got it from said its 325 or so.

Thanks! :goodjob:

Ill give reps for help!

scott you know you could of called me or asked brian... the other guys have answered the questions, but you don't need to touch the motor. drive it till it breaks. the cost of pulling the motor and building is pointless. you need to do the fixes brian has suggested reflash the ecu w/ GIAC custom map and call it a day.

ShooterMcGavin
04-25-2008, 10:53 AM
damn i didn't know you had a younger bro paul :P

T.S.
04-25-2008, 03:13 PM
Yeah i am his younger brother, (he has more then 1 brother too) and No paul i was just wondering b/c someone said that the car shouldnt be runing that high of boost. Its putting around 18-22 psi out. Thats why i was asking the questions. I could have asked Brian i know, but it seems like everytime i call him he is busy. So i just figured since im on this thing all day long i might as well, ask the peoples on here.

T.S.
04-25-2008, 03:14 PM
Oh and GIAC hasnt come out with a Chip for the GT28rs yet its in the works but no real set date as to a release... :rolleyes:

green_pedro7
04-25-2008, 03:36 PM
Well you should have a great car after he gets done tuning it. And you did pick it up for a great price. I know some guys who get the fully stock ones for about that price...

ShooterMcGavin
04-25-2008, 03:56 PM
Yeah i am his younger brother, (he has more then 1 brother too) and No paul i was just wondering b/c someone said that the car shouldnt be runing that high of boost. Its putting around 18-22 psi out. Thats why i was asking the questions. I could have asked Brian i know, but it seems like everytime i call him he is busy. So i just figured since im on this thing all day long i might as well, ask the peoples on here.

in all honesty this section of IA is pretty dead. i see that you're on audizine but you definitely want to be on fourtitude if you aren't there already.

T.S.
04-25-2008, 06:50 PM
Well you should have a great car after he gets done tuning it. And you did pick it up for a great price. I know some guys who get the fully stock ones for about that price...

Yeah its a pretty quick car, i just have to get it tuned and running right. I want GIAC software though. Pauls just jealous my car is prettier then his bimmer! LOL :tongue1:

T.S.
04-25-2008, 06:52 PM
in all honesty this section of IA is pretty dead. i see that you're on audizine but you definitely want to be on fourtitude if you aren't there already.

Everyone tells me a different site. Yeah Audizine is pretty cool i guess, some of the people know alot on there. Im not trying to do an engine build or anything though. Ill pay brian to do that if i want. LOL :goodjob: Im really not big into chat forums anyways. Thats why i have been on here for like ever and have hardly any post. Only in the past few weeks have i started posting again. Mostly at work b/c well work sucks and i have nothing better to do! :crazy:

4dmin
04-28-2008, 10:44 AM
Yeah its a pretty quick car, i just have to get it tuned and running right. I want GIAC software though. Pauls just jealous my car is prettier then his bimmer! LOL :tongue1:

bahhhhhhhh ya right i love my auto... no way in hell i would want that clutch to drive to work in every day down town :lmfao:

the psi is normal for a dub... mine used to spike around 21 and hold at 17-19psi; in race it would spike higher and hold higher.

rollininstyle2004
05-01-2008, 11:21 PM
Your motor is fine with that turbo...until you are at 500+whp THEN worry about upgrading the internals.