PDA

View Full Version : Whats the stupidest thing you have gotten a ticket for?

gijoe0720
04-24-2008, 01:08 AM
Right after I bought my integra I didn't have a tag on it since I bought it from a private party and here in GA you have thirty days and as long as you have proof of insurance and bill of sale and all that **** you are good. Well I was up at the mall in Chattanooga and on my way out the parking lot I see blue lights behind me. I had already been pulled over around 6 or 7 times with no tag and just showed them my proof of insurance and bill of sale and they said I was good to go. Well the cop in TN says that you HAVE to have some sort of tag on it no matter what. I told him I was from GA and you don't have to. He told me he didn't know the GA laws so he was goin to give me a ticket. He gave me a 96 dollar ticket. **** pissed me off. I was goin to go to court and see if I could fight it but my mom wouldn't let me cause my school is gay and I had mono that year and was out a lot of days and they threatened to kick me out even though I had doctors notes and she didn't want me to get kicked out so she paid it for me.

Anyone else got a bull**** ticket?

itsnotarex
04-24-2008, 01:21 AM
Lame, dude. I'm sorry.

I got a ticket the other day in dekalb county for my tag being expired for a whole NINE DAYS. :2up:I was told later by a friend of mine on the dekalb police force that he's never given anything worse than a verbal warning if you're tag is less than 30 days expired.

My car is registered in my Dad's name. He thought we had until the end of the month of his birthday...but it turns out it was on his birthday that it expired. Hooray. We're gonna get the fine dropped one way or another.

Maybe some reps will help? It's the least I can do.

TheGodfather
04-24-2008, 01:25 AM
138 in a 15mph school zone.

Fuking pigs.

gijoe0720
04-24-2008, 01:30 AM
I just remembered about one night that I had taken my front bumper off and when i put my blinkers back in I must not have put the passenger side one on good and the way I was goin I had to take 3 rights and didn't see the cop behind me. I was doing 40 in a 35. He said I was speeding and didn't use my blinker at three turns and said that I ran two stop signs. I did run them but slowed down really slow cause both stop signs were on steep hills and it wasn't to long after I got my car which was the first 5 speed I ever drove so I hated stoppin on hills. He let me off with the no blinker and the "speeding" and wrote me a ticket for not coming to a complete stop at a stop sign. Needless to say I know the right people around here and didn't have to pay it even though it was only like 70 dollars

sogood
04-24-2008, 01:31 AM
Lame, dude. I'm sorry.

I got a ticket the other day in dekalb county for my tag being expired for a whole NINE DAYS. :2up:I was told later by a friend of mine on the dekalb police force that he's never given anything worse than a verbal warning if you're tag is less than 30 days expired.

My car is registered in my Dad's name. He thought we had until the end of the month of his birthday...but it turns out it was on his birthday that it expired. Hooray. We're gonna get the fine dropped one way or another.

Maybe some reps will help? It's the least I can do.

:lmao: You got a completely legit ticket and you're going to try and get it dropped...? Good luck with that :rolleyes:

I've never gotten ticketed for anything so I have nothing to ***** about.

gijoe0720
04-24-2008, 01:35 AM
:lmao: You got a completely legit ticket and you're going to try and get it dropped...? Good luck with that :rolleyes:

I have gotten tickets for speeding, not coming to a complete stop at a stop sign, dui/drugs, possession of drugs, obstructing streets and sidewalks, warnings for no tag like, warnings for a head light out, warnings for speeding. That was back in my 16-17 year old days. Now I got about 50 down the highway here. Speed limit is 45.

81911SC
04-24-2008, 01:36 AM
"Stupidest"
I think it's right there.

gijoe0720
04-24-2008, 01:39 AM
"Stupidest"
I think it's right there.

If you lived around here you would hear **** like that all the time. Plus my grammar is not that good at all. From pre-k to 12th grade I only had like 2 grammar classes. And that was 6th and 7th grade and I can't remember back that far.

81911SC
04-24-2008, 01:47 AM
Or it was the drugs.

gijoe0720
04-24-2008, 01:48 AM
I don't do that **** much anymore. And my memory wasn't to good before. I wasn't stupid in school or anything. I was in all the smarter classes. Made good grades. I think my final average for high school was an 87 and I was ****in ranked 28th out of 69 people in our grade. That pissed me off.

3.5altman
04-24-2008, 01:55 AM
i got a ticket for blue turn signal lights in my civic si back in 2000. cop said i was inpersonating a police officer! hummm how many cops drive honda civics???

81911SC
04-24-2008, 02:08 AM
Don't matter. No blue lights.

TheGodfather
04-24-2008, 02:09 AM
i got a ticket for blue turn signal lights in my civic si back in 2000. cop said i was inpersonating a police officer! hummm how many cops drive honda civics???

Lol not many.

But yeah, you cannot have blue or red lights on the front of your car or you get busted.

Honestly, a cop going around giving tickets for that needs a day off. Now stopping and informing, since I don't think most people know, would be legitimate as they would be upholding the laws.

Alan®
04-24-2008, 02:13 AM
I havent had many tickets but I've deserved all the ones I got

When I was 16 I got:
Speeding
driving without a license
evading and elluding
ALL IN ONE SHOT

Then I got one for 68-55 in VA

Four years later I got my first speeding ticket which should have been 81 in a 55 but since I hadn't had one in 4 years the cop let me off with a 69 in a 55

itsnotarex
04-24-2008, 02:33 AM

"Officers are encouraged to issue warnings for registrations that are expired for less than 30 days." <-----According to my dekalb police officer friend.

Yes, my tag was expired, but anything less than a month is supposed to be treated as a minor oversight on the part of the driver so as not to clog the recorder's court with usless bull****. Dumbass. A decently fair judge will drop most of them.

Not to mention I got it renewed not 9 hours after receiving the ticket.

schmiddr2
04-24-2008, 02:46 AM
"Officers are encouraged to issue warnings for registrations that are expired for less than 30 days." <-----According to my dekalb police officer friend.

Yes, my tag was expired, but anything less than a month is supposed to be treated as a minor oversight on the part of the driver so as not to clog the recorder's court with usless bull****. Dumbass. A decently fair judge will drop most of them.

What kind of legal termonology is "...supposed to be treated as a minor oversight..."? Usually they pull over people with bad tags and let them go because they wanted to investigate the driver for drugs, guns, stolen, etc. gl

I was pulled over for excessive honking. People were crossing a street at a stop sign. I pulled up to the stop sign and honked as they trotted aacross the street. I was never taught this law from anyone and the cop acted like I should have known this to be illegal. Oh well, it was very stupid on my part anyway.

itsnotarex
04-24-2008, 02:51 AM
I only meant that the procedure communicated to officers is that writing a ticket for a tag expired less than 30 days is a waste of time. Reminding the driver is usually enough. Most reasonable judges will drop it or waive the fine if you renew before you come to court. The officer didn't search my car or anything either.

I never claimed to be quoting the letter of the law, I just said what I heard from an aquaintance of mine who is a police officer. So frickin relax.

3.5altman
04-24-2008, 04:37 AM
Lol not many.

But yeah, you cannot have blue or red lights on the front of your car or you get busted.

Honestly, a cop going around giving tickets for that needs a day off. Now stopping and informing, since I don't think most people know, would be legitimate as they would be upholding the laws.

they were in the rear turn signals, but that was back in the day when blue lights was cool.

GIXXERDK
04-24-2008, 06:26 AM
My friend and I driving through Lawrencville, my friend gets pulled over for speeding. Since I was following him, and had no idea where I was, I pulled over 100 ft from the cop. The cop walks up to me and asks me for my license. I got a reckless driving ticket while my friend got a speeding ticket. This pissed me off so much, and at my age and lack of funds, I decided to plead not guilty right up until my trial by jury(Took over a year) then the DA got sick of me and gave me a deal.

gforce23
04-24-2008, 06:43 AM
The stupidest ticket I've ever received was back in the summer of '07. Some young mofo cop who just started working gave me a ticket for driving without a license plate/tag. I had just bought my Accord a few days earlier and the paper tag # kept getting shredded and washed away due to the torrential downpours at that time. So my only solution was to keep the DMV issued temporary tag in my glove box for the police to see if they ever stopped me. But this a**hole wouldn't listen since it was a Friday night and all he wanted to do was write tickets left, right and centre. And the funny bit? This happened right outside the gate to my gf's complex. It was super embarrassing to fight with a fcking cop while curious onlookers were coming back from dinner, clubs and such. I finally had to go on my court date, explain everything and get the fcking ticket dismissed.

Elbow
04-24-2008, 06:47 AM
Never had a ticket, been pulled over for lights too bright, tail lights out (240SX go figure), tag in the wrong spot, stupid things like that, never a ticket though.

x Resilience
04-24-2008, 06:50 AM
138 in a 15mph school zone.

Fuking pigs.

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao: REPS.

sogood
04-24-2008, 12:15 PM

Encouraged means nothing in that kind of situation.

You're encouraged to not break laws, but you did and you got ticketed for doing so. Trying to say that cop is the one in the wrong is comical at best when you're the one that broke the law and even admit to doing so, yet you think you have a chance at getting it dropped :jerkit:

And that "any decently fair judge" will drop it... LOL! That's good.

jew_boy
04-24-2008, 12:21 PM
i got a ticket for going to far over the white line at a red light

blackboi50
04-24-2008, 12:41 PM
my stupidest ticket was the ticket i got by the rooms 2 go in norcross........this fool told me that my eyelids on my car are illegal.....((((their see through)))) :doh:.......was a 55 dollar ticket!!!!! :(....1

BKgen®
04-24-2008, 12:42 PM
i shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.

blackboi50
04-24-2008, 12:44 PM

your stupid!!! :eek:.......u should be in jail u bundle of sticks!!!! :rant:.....1

SicStang03
04-24-2008, 12:44 PM

true story

man
04-24-2008, 01:43 PM
No tickets, pulled over once for my exhaust shooting flames...

AdriSciontC
04-24-2008, 03:28 PM
Didn't have a County sticker on my license plate (Marietta Police back in 2003)... $25 after I bitched and Fulton county gave me two free ones... Considered a moving violation.

Sammich
04-24-2008, 03:30 PM
STUPID COP CAME UP TO MY CAR WHILE I WAS CHILLIN AT THE BEACH, WONDERING WHY MY WINDOWS WERE FOGGED, AND GAVE ME A TICKET FOR INDECENT EXPOSURE...THE GIRL DIDNT APPRECIATE HER TICKET..."LACK OF PRESENTABLE GOODS"

redrumracer
04-24-2008, 03:32 PM
i once got an unsafe motor vehicle ticket fro following a school bus. and since there arent any laws against following a school bus they pulled something out of there ass to give me a ticket for. first they tried to see if i was stalking someone, then they searched the vehicle for drugs/weapons, then came more questions, cuz seriously who the hell follows a school bus for the fun of it? and i also learned that day that when i cop say keep your hand out of your pockets they mean it.

.::UNKNOWN::.
04-24-2008, 04:19 PM
i got pulled over for my yellow headlight bulbs the cop first gave me a ticket for yellow film....... got that one dropped bc upon inspection he found out they where bulbs and told me that he couldn't tell me if they where legal or not so if i can find it and show it to him he would rip the ticket up..... so i got both tickets paid 56 bux for the one that didn't drop i always thought i was innocent until proven guilty not guilty until i can show in writing that isn't in a law book

4eyedbox
04-24-2008, 04:40 PM
Several years ago I got a ticket for low tire pressure by those wonderful fuks in PTC. I was riding on fully inflated low profile tires and got the ticket thrown out in court.

Two weeks later the same cop wrote me a ticket for "too fast through a traffic device" and a R.S. Akimoto plastic frame around my tag. According to the azz hat, I was supposed to come to nearly a complete stop before turning left at a green turn arrow. The "too fast" ticket was dismissed, but they stuck me with the tag frame ticket.

R3RUN
04-24-2008, 04:51 PM
Right after I bought my integra I didn't have a tag on it since I bought it from a private party and here in GA you have thirty days and as long as you have proof of insurance and bill of sale and all that **** you are good. Well I was up at the mall in Chattanooga and on my way out the parking lot I see blue lights behind me. I had already been pulled over around 6 or 7 times with no tag and just showed them my proof of insurance and bill of sale and they said I was good to go. Well the cop in TN says that you HAVE to have some sort of tag on it no matter what. I told him I was from GA and you don't have to. He told me he didn't know the GA laws so he was goin to give me a ticket. He gave me a 96 dollar ticket. **** pissed me off. I was goin to go to court and see if I could fight it but my mom wouldn't let me cause my school is gay and I had mono that year and was out a lot of days and they threatened to kick me out even though I had doctors notes and she didn't want me to get kicked out so she paid it for me.

Anyone else got a bull**** ticket?
Same situation for me but I did it in Florida. Here that is a criminal offense, I almost went to jail. lol. I talked right to the judge though and got off with just a fine. Also the cop told me my insurance was fake because "you can't get insurance on an unregistered car". Guy was a total jackass/dumbass.

Bruce Leroy
04-24-2008, 06:42 PM
Hmmm... I was getting a ticket in orlando for Not having a FL license and "tampering with somg device" for my exhaust.... I didn't care to much because my car is not registered in my name, and I'm a full time student so I don't have to get a fl license. I had just recieved a ticket for the exhaust not 15 min prior, which said i had 30 days to fix it. I showed the officer the other ticket and he said that I should have parked the car when I got the 1st one... I asked him how was I supposed to park my car if i had not made it home yet? His next response was "Your Georgia Attitude is not gonna work in FL" and my response was "FU*K You AND FU*K FLORDIA" Next thing I know i was in hand cuffs for a domestic disturbance, and I spent the night in jail.

Went to court, and all charges were dropped, and so were the ct fees.... I should have just took the ticket and stfu, but I was heated. At least he didn't taze me.

chinitoxamor
04-24-2008, 06:48 PM
my stupidest ticket was the ticket i got by the rooms 2 go in norcross........this fool told me that my eyelids on my car are illegal.....((((their see through)))) :doh:.......was a 55 dollar ticket!!!!! :(....1

quote cops can have anything on their car but you cant.. i would've told him to shove it up his ass and go eat donuts

dohc4.6sc
04-24-2008, 06:50 PM
i got a ticket for no seatbelt, by a motorcycle cop.

some of you will not get that.

chinitoxamor
04-24-2008, 06:53 PM
figures cop, all they want from you is.. MONEY and pull you over for stupid sh.it.. they dont pay taxes and their stuff all came from taxes.. and they expect to continue pulling people over for stupid sh.it

Schugg
04-24-2008, 07:01 PM
i remember i got a failure to maintain lane because i was coming around a turn and the edge of the road was old and breaking away, it was atleast a 4 or 5 inches drop off the side of the road so veered over to the left alittle to avoid hitting it and possibly resulting in far worse problems. i was probably right beside or on the yellow line, at the same time a cop is coming from the other way just around the bend and see's me. pulls me over with a pos attitude, and give me a ticket for that, then talks sh1t about the fact that i just got insurance on the car that day saying i was lucky.

Njobe
04-24-2008, 07:20 PM
The only ticket i got so far was a failure to maintane lane, i was turning right onto crogan st. going towards mall of ga and i went to the left lane because i had to make a left at the traffic light which was about 200 yards away and the cop on the motorcycle just steps infront of me onto the street and tells me to turn left onto the parking lot and says im giving you a ticket for failure to maintain lane cause we had to many accidents at that intersection. so now cause of that stupid $84 ticket my insurance went up $2,000 a year. as far as i heard so far is that, what i did was a improper lane change not a failure to maintain lane?

SiRed94
04-24-2008, 11:41 PM
The "stupidest" thing I have ever gotten a ticket for was probably the movie Kung Pow... that was a stupid fuccing movie...

ironchef
04-24-2008, 11:43 PM
No stupid tickets here, all of them have been fairly well deserved haha.

HeLLo iM iZzY
04-25-2008, 12:14 AM
Not to mention I got it renewed not 9 hours after receiving the ticket.Not to be a **** or anything, but if a cops wants to give you a ticket, he will. How many cops you hear about harrassing people? TOO MANY. How many of them do you see giving bull**** tickets, take you for example? ALOT. But since you got it taken care of the same day, a good judge, will most likely throw it out of the court and tell you to have a good day.

I think the dumbest one I got was when I rolled a stop and I made up some **** about my brakes being new and I'm not used to them since I don't ever drive the car, so the officer writes me a "unsafe vehicle" and tells me to call a tow truck. And the thing is I was right outside my neigbhorhood, literally one minute away from my house. Luckily, my dad owns a tow truck, hahaha. But yeah I'm going to court for that ticket next month, so hopefully it'll get thrown out.

itsnotarex
04-25-2008, 12:28 AM
Encouraged means nothing in that kind of situation.

You're encouraged to not break laws, but you did and you got ticketed for doing so. Trying to say that cop is the one in the wrong is comical at best when you're the one that broke the law and even admit to doing so, yet you think you have a chance at getting it dropped :jerkit:

And that "any decently fair judge" will drop it... LOL! That's good.

WTF?!?!?! I don't give a damn if the officer was right to give me a ticket! It was an unreasonable citation and I'm going to fight it because I KNOW I have a chance of getting it dropped! I've known people to get citations for nearly the exact same thing (less than 30 days expired registration) and if you present a renewed registration they'll generally let you go free and clear. I've watched it happen numerous times in Fulton Co. and Walton Co. courts (I've had three speeding tickets so I've spent some time in them...so shoot me). Not to mention I received SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS FROM A DEKALB COUNTY OFFICER on how to have the ticket dismissed. I got the ticket in Dekalb so I would say his advice is applicable. Stop calling me out on **** you have no idea about. Thank you.

Feels good to do that every once in awhile. :bump:

itsnotarex
04-25-2008, 12:31 AM
Not to be a **** or anything, but if a cops wants to give you a ticket, he will. How many cops you hear about harrassing people? TOO MANY. How many of them do you see giving bull**** tickets, take you for example? ALOT. But since you got it taken care of the same day, a good judge, will most likely throw it out of the court and tell you to have a good day.

I think the dumbest one I got was when I rolled a stop and I made up some **** about my brakes being new and I'm not used to them since I don't ever drive the car, so the officer writes me a "unsafe vehicle" and tells me to call a tow truck. And the thing is I was right outside my neigbhorhood, literally one minute away from my house. Luckily, my dad owns a tow truck, hahaha. But yeah I'm going to court for that ticket next month, so hopefully it'll get thrown out.

And that is some stupid ****. I'm sorry, my friend.

Scrilla
04-25-2008, 12:31 AM
Lowriding...

HeLLo iM iZzY
04-25-2008, 12:56 AM
And that is some stupid ****. I'm sorry, my friend.Yeah, it ruined my night.