PDA

View Full Version : WTF is wrong with "those" people?

MR2DR
04-23-2008, 04:31 PM
Lately I've been seeing a lot of convertibles in parking lots with their tops down...unattended... for hours on end. Whether it be at the mall, the movies, or at school, I see this **** everywhere. My question is: why?!??

I mean I can understand if they're driving and **** but I don't think I'd ever leave my car like that for 2-3+ hours like some of those people. That's like worse than leaving your doors unlocked. Can some of you droptop owners please chime in on this issue? end rant/

Deke
04-23-2008, 04:37 PM
If you drive a convertible and someone wants to steal your stereo , they're going to. So would you rather have to buy a new head unit, or a new head unit and a new top to replace the one they sliced open?

Ran
Pollen + Car Interior = Panty Dropper

Jecht
I do it when I'm at school for just one class. There isn't a stereo to steal and I don't leave anything in the car. Plus I have a fuel cutoff switch that I can guarantee nobody will find so I know the car won't go anywhere.

Besides, its really easy to get into a convertible if they want to steal something out of it. You could probably cut through a top with a pocket knife, stick your hand in, and unlock the door.

MR2DR
04-23-2008, 04:47 PM
If you drive a convertible and someone wants to steal your stereo , they're going to. So would you rather have to buy a new head unit, or a new head unit and a new top to replace the one they sliced open?

I guess that's one of the factors why they would do it. But like what Ran said, I saw like 5 cars last week with practically yellow interior from the pollen.

Echonova
04-23-2008, 04:49 PM
I guess that's one of the factors why they would do it. But like what Ran said, I saw like 5 cars last week with practically yellow interior from the pollen.Get in car, hold breath and by the time you hit third gear the pollen is gone...

Deke
04-23-2008, 04:49 PM
I guess that's one of the factors why they would do it. But like what Ran said, I saw like 5 cars last week with practically yellow interior from the pollen.

Haha yeah, I never considered that factor. I don't think I'd be leaving it open very often this time of the year.

Ran
04-23-2008, 04:51 PM
Get in car, hold breath and by the time you hit third gear the pollen is gone...Bullllllsh*t. I used to forget to put my top up in my MX-5 during pollen season and that sh*t got everywhere and STAYED THERE. You need a economy class Hoover vacuum cleaner to get that sh*t out and that's no exaggeration.

Scotsman
04-23-2008, 04:56 PM
Bullllllsh*t. I used to forget to put my top up in my MX-5 during pollen season and that sh*t got everywhere and STAYED THERE. You need a economy class Hoover vacuum cleaner to get that sh*t out and that's no exaggeration.or pbs's tulips

ShooterMcGavin
04-23-2008, 04:57 PM
cuz ppl are teh stoopid

Echonova
04-23-2008, 05:01 PM
Bullllllsh*t. I used to forget to put my top up in my MX-5 during pollen season and that sh*t got everywhere and STAYED THERE. You need a economy class Hoover vacuum cleaner to get that sh*t out and that's no exaggeration.The pollen was stuck to the residue left in car from the candy that you use to attract loli's.

Justin.
04-23-2008, 05:16 PM
I used to have a conv. mustang, I never left my top down, but I did always leave the doors unlocked...keep them from cutting my top.

On my jeep I keep the top off, I don't care, I can just take the drain plugs out and hose the interior down...lol

Jecht
04-23-2008, 05:19 PM
The pollen was stuck to the residue left in car from the candy that you use to attract loli's.

Bwahahaha

redrumracer
04-23-2008, 05:20 PM
well lets see.... i sometimes leave it down(on the rare occasion that its down) because i dont feel like putting it up, besides if someone wants something out of the car its a lot cheaper to replace what ever they got than to replace a top. and also all the compartments in my car are lockable so i can put everything up and out of site

Jecht
04-23-2008, 05:23 PM
well lets see.... i sometimes leave it down(on the rare occasion that its down) because i dont feel like putting it up, besides if someone wants something out of the car its a lot cheaper to replace what ever they got than to replace a top. and also all the compartments in my car are lockable so i can put everything up and out of site

Exactly. The interior compartments in Miatas aren't worth the trouble to get into because you can't fit anything of value in there. If I'm really worried and I need to leave things in the car, I'll just put it in the suitcase... uhm trunk of the car since you can't open it from the interior.

MR2DR
04-23-2008, 05:38 PM
Exactly. The interior compartments in Miatas aren't worth the trouble to get into because you can't fit anything of value in there. If I'm really worried and I need to leave things in the car, I'll just put it in the suitcase... uhm trunk of the car since you can't open it from the interior.

damn, i never knew that. have some +reps ( or uh, when i can)

Jecht
04-23-2008, 05:41 PM
damn, i never knew that. have some +reps ( or uh, when i can)

Well you can in some Miatas. There was an option to have a way to open it in the interior, but mine doesn't have it. You can easily disable it if you need the security though.

OneSlow5pt0
04-23-2008, 05:48 PM
yea,i never leave my ttops off if im going in somewhere for couple of hours,but if just a few mins i always roll my windows up atleast

KPowerEP3
04-24-2008, 03:05 AM
I almost never put my top up. Seriously, it hasn't been up in 2 days.

Elbow
04-24-2008, 06:48 AM
I do a lot, not at a big mall though, not much to take out of my car.

gforce23
04-24-2008, 06:56 AM
Well you can in some Miatas. There was an option to have a way to open it in the interior, but mine doesn't have it. You can easily disable it if you need the security though.
Yep, I've disabled the remote trunk release button in my Miata. It's just a quick 10 minute mod that's easily reversible.