04-22-2008, 09:56 PM
1. Being the ******* that drives the big turbo diesel and not caring

2. Being the ******* that drives the Prius and is snooty about it

BKgen®
04-22-2008, 09:57 PM
NO TORQUE = NO CARE

yogi08
04-22-2008, 10:02 PM
if your refering to a local here blowing you with black smoke ill take a few guesses...
red dodge cummings "stock", white 4 door dodge cummings with G on the tailgate, or grey 4 door dodge cummings on 41's?

man
04-22-2008, 10:08 PM
if your refering to a local here blowing you with black smoke ill take a few guesses...
red dodge cummings "stock", white 4 door dodge cummings with G on the tailgate, or grey 4 door dodge cummings on 41's?

No just in general. And i dislike the Prius drivers more...

Alan®
04-22-2008, 10:11 PM
Option 2 no question.

It's one thing to not give a damn. It's on a whole other level to be a giant elitist prick about it.

BKgen®
04-22-2008, 10:11 PM
No just in general. And i dislike the Prius drivers more...

http://www.concurringopinions.com/archives/images/south%20park.jpg

Jecht
04-23-2008, 12:11 AM
If more people bought Hybrids, Prius owners wouldn't act so elitist. Everyone and their redneck brother-uncle has a huge diesel truck.

That plus a Prius is less likely to crush me while I'm driving the Miata. :lmao:

man
04-23-2008, 12:56 AM
If more people bought Hybrids, Prius owners wouldn't act so elitist. Everyone and their redneck brother-uncle has a huge diesel truck.

That plus a Prius is less likely to crush me while I'm driving the Miata. :lmao:

If everyone had a prius, then everyone would ***** about something else.

Ran
04-23-2008, 08:04 AM
I don't mind the Prius cars, but I hate oversized SUVs and trucks. Still, since the question is about people, I voted for the Prius driver since he's a snooty b*tch.

95alty
04-23-2008, 08:09 AM
Did you see the southpark episode about this?

BlkCD5
04-23-2008, 08:23 AM
voted option 1. I hate how those drivers drive slow in the fast lane and won't move over, as well as other driving habits. I could care less about the prius owners.

Hulud
04-23-2008, 08:24 AM
i hate them equally.

no discrimination here

Slow Motion
04-23-2008, 11:05 AM
Import or die, i make room for "some" mustangs though.

Killer
04-23-2008, 11:31 AM
1. Being the ******* that drives the big turbo diesel and not caring

2. Being the ******* that drives the Prius and is snooty about it

lol... have you seen that southpark??? "SMUG ALERT" freakin priceless!!!

Alan®
04-23-2008, 12:25 PM
I also think it's funny that prius owners actually think that they are saving money. They did a study a few years back when those things hit the market that said that with between the money they save on gas and the maintenece cost they would have to drive 1,000,000 miles to break even.

Oz10
04-23-2008, 12:31 PM
liberal faggs

ShooterMcGavin
04-23-2008, 06:02 PM
where's the option for both?

OneSlow5pt0
04-23-2008, 06:18 PM
i could careless bout hybrid,i mean if u wanna get good gas mileage thats cool,but cant stand jacked up trucks,just for the fact i cant see over/round them

Johnny Chimpo
04-23-2008, 09:38 PM
There was also a study done on the Prius vs. Hummer and the impact left on the earth over the life span of the 2.

The Hummer won.
From the Recorder
"The Toyota Prius has become the flagship car for those in our society so environmentally conscious that they are willing to spend a premium to show the world how much they care. Unfortunately for them, their ultimate ‘green car’ is the source of some of the worst pollution in North America; it takes more combined energy per Prius to produce than a Hummer.

Before we delve into the seedy underworld of hybrids, you must first understand how a hybrid works. For this, we will use the most popular hybrid on the market, the Toyota Prius.

The Prius is powered by not one, but two engines: a standard 76 horsepower, 1.5-liter gas engine found in most cars today and a battery- powered engine that deals out 67 horsepower and a whooping 295ft/lbs of torque, below 2000 revolutions per minute. Essentially, the Toyota Synergy Drive system, as it is so called, propels the car from a dead stop to up to 30mph. This is where the largest percent of gas is consumed. As any physics major can tell you, it takes more energy to get an object moving than to keep it moving. The battery is recharged through the braking system, as well as when the gasoline engine takes over anywhere north of 30mph. It seems like a great energy efficient and environmentally sound car, right?

You would be right if you went by the old government EPA estimates, which netted the Prius an incredible 60 miles per gallon in the city and 51 miles per gallon on the highway. Unfortunately for Toyota, the government realized how unrealistic their EPA tests were, which consisted of highway speeds limited to 55mph and acceleration of only 3.3 mph per second. The new tests which affect all 2008 models give a much more realistic rating with highway speeds of 80mph and acceleration of 8mph per second. This has dropped the Prius’s EPA down by 25 percent to an average of 45mpg. This now puts the Toyota within spitting distance of cars like the Chevy Aveo, which costs less then half what the Prius costs.

However, if that was the only issue with the Prius, I wouldn’t be writing this article. It gets much worse.

Building a Toyota Prius causes more environmental damage than a Hummer that is on the road for three times longer than a Prius. As already noted, the Prius is partly driven by a battery which contains nickel. The nickel is mined and smelted at a plant in Sudbury, Ontario. This plant has caused so much environmental damage to the surrounding environment that NASA has used the ‘dead zone’ around the plant to test moon rovers. The area around the plant is devoid of any life for miles.

The plant is the source of all the nickel found in a Prius’ battery and Toyota purchases 1,000 tons annually. Dubbed the Superstack, the plague-factory has spread sulfur dioxide across northern Ontario, becoming every environmentalist’s nightmare.

“The acid rain around Sudbury was so bad it destroyed all the plants and the soil slid down off the hillside,” said Canadian Greenpeace energy-coordinator David Martin during an interview with Mail, a British-based newspaper.

All of this would be bad enough in and of itself; however, the journey to make a hybrid doesn’t end there. The nickel produced by this disastrous plant is shipped via massive container ship to the largest nickel refinery in Europe. From there, the nickel hops over to China to produce ‘nickel foam.’ From there, it goes to Japan. Finally, the completed batteries are shipped to the United States, finalizing the around-the-world trip required to produce a single Prius battery. Are these not sounding less and less like environmentally sound cars and more like a farce?

Wait, I haven’t even got to the best part yet.

When you pool together all the combined energy it takes to drive and build a Toyota Prius, the flagship car of energy fanatics, it takes almost 50 percent more energy than a Hummer - the Prius’s arch nemesis.

Through a study by CNW Marketing called “Dust to Dust,” the total combined energy is taken from all the electrical, fuel, transportation, materials (metal, plastic, etc) and hundreds of other factors over the expected lifetime of a vehicle. The Prius costs an average of $3.25 per mile driven over a lifetime of 100,000 miles - the expected lifespan of the Hybrid.

The Hummer, on the other hand, costs a more fiscal $1.95 per mile to put on the road over an expected lifetime of 300,000 miles. That means the Hummer will last three times longer than a Prius and use less combined energy doing it.

So, if you are really an environmentalist - ditch the Prius. Instead, buy one of the most economical cars available - a Toyota Scion xB. The Scion only costs a paltry $0.48 per mile to put on the road. If you are still obsessed over gas mileage - buy a Chevy Aveo and fix that lead foot.

One last fun fact for you: it takes five years to offset the premium price of a Prius. Meaning, you have to wait 60 months to save any money over a non-hybrid car because of lower gas expenses."

Double_0_Rusty
04-23-2008, 09:54 PM
Hmmm, being that I am a redneck, I love the big turbo diesel trucks, my dad has an 08 Dodge 3500 Cummins, and we have a turbo diesel Uni-loader, and an older turbo diesel truck, somewhere around here......

I hate prius owners, "oh yeah well I get a million miles (exageration) to the gallon."

What does the Prius say as it is going down the road?????? " IM GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!, see my rainbow sticker!"

gijoe0720
04-24-2008, 12:58 AM
One day I WILL have a dodge turbo diesel on at least 44's or 49's. If I would have known my buddy was sellin his ford for so cheap I would have prolly bought it cause I was lookin for a new vehicle at the time. Here is some pics of it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v159/gijoe720/571187331_l.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v159/gijoe720/99839937_318561550_0.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v159/gijoe720/99840028_318561853_0.jpg

BKgen®
04-24-2008, 07:56 AM
Did you see the southpark episode about this?

lol... have you seen that southpark??? "SMUG ALERT" freakin priceless!!!

idiots. see post #6.

yogi08
04-24-2008, 09:02 AM
i love to save money on gas, but i wouldnt get a hybrid to do so. id just keep my rpms low, in whatever vehicle i felt like driving. hell, if it be my sburban on 44s its really not even that bad if i shift right, but if it was a 240 or something, just shift right and get better gears for better gas mileage and everythings okay.

Ran
04-24-2008, 09:13 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v159/gijoe720/99840028_318561853_0.jpgIt's trucks like this that make me wish Georgia cops would start to seriously enforce the ride-height law. 2" adjustment max IIRC.

man
04-24-2008, 10:28 AM
One day I WILL have a dodge turbo diesel on at least 44's or 49's. If I would have known my buddy was sellin his ford for so cheap I would have prolly bought it cause I was lookin for a new vehicle at the time. Here is some pics of it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v159/gijoe720/571187331_l.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v159/gijoe720/99839937_318561550_0.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v159/gijoe720/99840028_318561853_0.jpg

What is the purpose of a truck like that? I would say THIS is one of the few things worse than a Prius driver. If your gonna get a truck get it for towing/hauling. If you want to offroad, get a jeep. This truck has probably never seen anything more than a mud puddle.

buddha@TeamFX
04-24-2008, 11:14 AM
I like the truck! I used to have a f250 powerstroke as well...ain't nothing like leaving in a cloud of black smoke!!!

yogi08
04-24-2008, 07:10 PM
ill be the first to admit, i love the hell out of all the girls asking me "can i see if i can get in your truck??" sometimes i want to say, **** see if you can get in my pants after that then.

i love the attention, hell when i was bringing the purple monster to statesboro there was a gps, which happend to be a black fella, in the median, he gave me a damn thumbs up. cops around here wave at me as well.

trucks are fun, but anything with more than 44's i dont want. acually i dont even like my suburban on 44's anymore, i had to of messed something up in my shoulder pulling myself in it all the damn time.

i enjoy silverado's/f series trucks with 37's and ****, but anything bigger is more or less, a damn hassle.