PDA

View Full Version : did i mess my clutch or transmission up?

deliriouzmc
04-22-2008, 09:12 PM
need some help.
i got a b16 del sol.
so anyway i let one of my buddies drive my car and we came up on a little hill and got into a little nasty stall.. short while after that he said first gear didn't feel like there had alot of power in it and it would bog at 4k for a little bit then rise rpms. then the weirdest thing happen the car would die as we were driving it. we turned it back on while driving and after a couple of minutes the car would turn off randomly.

the car now does not start. the battery tries to get the car going but it just wont start

what happened?

Barefoot
04-22-2008, 09:39 PM
doesnt sound like a tranny issue. do u have fuel spark and compression.

deliriouzmc
04-22-2008, 10:04 PM
uh... dont think so

Barefoot
04-22-2008, 10:28 PM
uh... dont think so
dont think so what

redrumracer
04-22-2008, 11:05 PM
with this post

need some help.
i got a b16 del sol.
so anyway i let one of my buddies drive my car and we came up on a little hill and got into a little nasty stall.. short while after that he said first gear didn't feel like there had alot of power in it and it would bog at 4k for a little bit then rise rpms. then the weirdest thing happen the car would die as we were driving it. we turned it back on while driving and after a couple of minutes the car would turn off randomly.

the car now does not start. the battery tries to get the car going but it just wont start

what happened?

followed by this post after someone asked a question

uh... dont think so

id recommend you take it to a mechanic. im all for diy but you might need to learn a little more first before trying to fully diagnose this problem

just my :2cents:

Got Milk?
04-22-2008, 11:24 PM
it is ur computer, probably gotta a glitch, or even a virus.

JDMirza
04-22-2008, 11:47 PM
WTF.:crazy:

AnthonyF
04-23-2008, 07:43 AM

ok, im not going to bash, but seriously. IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT THE FÜCK YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT, SHUT THE FÜCK UP!

check to see if you have spart. Pull a plug wire off and put it near somewhere metallic while some1 turns the engine over. Make sure you have fuel by craking open your fuel line ANYWHERE, pref closer to the engine. If you still cant figure it out, take it to a real Mech.

mccoy1178
04-23-2008, 08:03 AM
check ur dizzy, make sure ur catylic is not clogged GL

AnthonyF
04-23-2008, 08:07 AM
check ur dizzy, make sure ur catylic is not clogged GL

1. i dont think he knows what a dizzy is
2. why do you think i suggested checking spark (same with mr. f150)
3. a catalytic converter will not make the car not idle. It'll perform terribly but it'll still start.

StraightSix
04-23-2008, 08:17 AM
3. a catalytic converter will not make the car not idle. It'll perform terribly but it'll still start.

Not necessarily. My brother had a 1986 or so Buick LeSabre with a 3800 V6 that just died on him one day. The car stumped both my Dad and me as to why it wouldn't start. I had other things going on and couldn't spend much time on the repair, but my Dad kept at it and finally unbolted the cat. Lo and behold the thing fired right up.

I don't think the cat is the OP's problem, though. The first thing I would check would be spark.

twinj
04-23-2008, 08:25 AM
Is the B16 a swap?
Do you have any cel?
Honestly I think that you shook an electrical connection loose somewhere around the alternator if not one that goes to the alternator. You say you stalled out pretty bad as you know thats is a really rough on the engine(shaking & jerking) Is the tach Jumping around when it does these things?

Just my opinion though(something to think about)

AnthonyF
04-23-2008, 08:26 AM
Not necessarily. My brother had a 1986 or so Buick LeSabre with a 3800 V6 that just died on him one day. The car stumped both my Dad and me as to why it wouldn't start. I had other things going on and couldn't spend much time on the repair, but my Dad kept at it and finally unbolted the cat. Lo and behold the thing fired right up.

I don't think the cat is the OP's problem, though. The first thing I would check would be spark.
ok, maybe on a RARE occasion...but that is a GM, totally different setup and most cat problems like that are by GM cars. Very odd. But he's in a honda, it is pretty unlikely for this to be the problem.

Barefoot
04-23-2008, 08:47 AM
he isnt having a cat issue. i put money on it he doesnt have fuel or spark.

AnthonyF
04-23-2008, 09:00 AM
^prob spark more than likely.

HatchHero
04-23-2008, 09:23 AM
sounds like spark

OneDurtyZ
04-24-2008, 09:36 PM
had simliar problem on CRX, check spark

dumpdaccord
04-25-2008, 10:24 PM
ok, maybe on a RARE occasion...but that is a GM, totally different setup and most cat problems like that are by GM cars. Very odd. But he's in a honda, it is pretty unlikely for this to be the problem.

actually this happened to me about 3 months ago.....i gutted my cat on the side of the turnpike and drove home after..................doesnt sound like his prob though.

check the basics....ground? battery terminals?

southside
04-25-2008, 11:08 PM
Hmm check terminals,make sure fuel pump is working just open gas cap have somone turn car to on position.Listen for buzz sound check fuel filter,spark and ecu make sure it aint come loss.