PDA

View Full Version : Primerica

The Ninja
04-21-2008, 07:27 PM
OK...so I've done some research and I've gotten some mixed results and I'm not sure what to think.

I have a 2nd interview with them tomorrow, and I wanna know what experiences you guys have had with them as an employer.

Is it a scam? Waste of time?

I just want to go to work, work for x hrs, and get payed y dollars at z dollars and hour.

The Ninja
04-21-2008, 07:36 PM
Bump.

cactusEG
04-21-2008, 07:38 PM
In duluth ?

The BUCKY
04-21-2008, 07:39 PM
depends on the position.

Spektrewing386
04-21-2008, 08:14 PM
i hear primerica is a huge scam.... dont do it

Dirty Octopus™
04-21-2008, 08:18 PM
depends on the position.
x2

My company used to be owned by Primerica if i remember correctly.

I work in the Home Office of my company so i dont have to worry about being an agent or anything :goodjob:

JDMaccord
04-21-2008, 08:19 PM
ive hade 2 experences with these people................. so i caled clark howard / well they started off with it being a pyramid scandal...... then researched more and it is on the Better Business Bureau bbb / but i dont like how they try n trick you / push you in to things. If you do jump in i would only go ankle deep first, just my 2 cents.

IndianStig
04-21-2008, 08:22 PM
I would stay away, seems like a sly business to me Bryan! I personally almost did pyramid like sales with another company but my doubts got the best of me and I'm glad!

JDMaccord
04-21-2008, 08:22 PM
wat wat.........clark H. knows everything

Dr.G35
04-21-2008, 08:40 PM
what is primerica? do you have to sell stuff or something? i worked for a company that was apart of the bbb but i swear it was a scam

AnTi-PooN
04-21-2008, 08:48 PM
^^^^x2

MachNU
04-21-2008, 10:19 PM
one of my old managers went and worked with them, and tried to hire me, i sat down and had an interview with him and went through all the stuff, its a massice pyramid scam, and the only way you make money is when you work your way up, and hire enough people under you. Basically it works, but who ever hires you gets a profit of your profits, and the person who hired him gets a part of his profits.

Dr.G35
04-21-2008, 11:08 PM
yea the company i used to work for was cutco in fayetville. they promise some awesome money but even if your part time they want you working everyday every single chance you have.

JessAlba452
04-21-2008, 11:22 PM
Stay away definately a pyramid scheme. Its also referred to as a cult. Always asking you to recruit people and take money out of your own pocket first to pay for your license before you can sell. Sometimes they even tell you to buy what you are supposed to be selling.

Remember this... ANY employment opprotunity that requires you to pay money first before you MAKE money is a SCAM!

ShooterMcGavin
04-22-2008, 08:07 AM
i hear primerica is a huge scam.... dont do it
:stupid:

SampaGuy
04-22-2008, 12:51 PM
This is just like the ignite energy thing someone posted, or prepaid legal among others. Its called network marketing and basically its a pyramid scheme, except you actually are selling a product/service. Look it up on wikipedia. Its legal and you can make money at it, but you have to put a lot of effort into finding other dumb people that are willing to sign up. Its aimed at exploiting stupid people (the people who sign up as an "associate" or "agent").

SampaGuy
04-22-2008, 12:56 PM
here u go

http://www.mlmwatch.org/01General/10lies.html

Paree4g63
04-22-2008, 01:08 PM
I tried Primerica awhile back in my days because a friend wanted me to join.. Yea, I gave them $200 to get my membership and I thought I was gonna make some $$$$! Did all these meetings and anonymous phone calls to try and convince people that this is IT! This is HOW WERE GONNA MAKE MONEY!

Basically, you dont get paid hourly.. you only get paid commission! The more people you sign up under you and I mean you gotta go out there where all the people are and keep consistently recruiting people more and more nonstop. But whoever your recuited under will make a profit under you and it goes on and on and on like a pyramid.

To be able to succeed in Primerica or any commission based position; You need to be social and popularly known. Yea, I've heard people had made thousands but it isn't a guranteed profit. Your rank can increase depending on your army of recruits but you gotta work hard ass heck to earn your money..

I just had to quit when I was at it because it was a minute away from my home and all I did in my little time in the beginning was chill, call people I never knew, watched videos and they'll try and make you spend more money to buy suits and clothes that'll make you look SHARP!

Good Luck Bud

blaknoize
04-22-2008, 01:20 PM
I had 4 interviews with them at 2 different times and each time it seemed like a scam pyramid garbage. U work for them and work HARD to find leads. Ive never actually worked WITH them, but I do kno that a coworker of mine did and he never got anywhere.

Its not my cup of tea for sure.

carbon_crash
04-22-2008, 01:28 PM
We had a few people that work for primerica try to get a job with us, and they all say the same thing, SCAM! But like bucky said, theres money to be made if you get the right position within primerica, not just one on the bs sales jobs.

Nissan Sean
04-22-2008, 01:40 PM
DONT DO PRIMEMERICA, ITS A PYRAMID SCAM POS COMPANY, only stupid, easily manipulated/fooled people work for them, bad idea.

RandomGuy
04-22-2008, 02:13 PM
http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119696

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88269

MLM SCAM

stay away, i know people personally who got taken.

Julio
04-22-2008, 05:13 PM
primerica = multi level marketing which is a legal term/name pyramid shceme..

IS legal becuase you actually can sell something.. Thats the claus/trick on this shceme.

If you are dumb you can sign up.

iNsTuN nOoDoH
04-22-2008, 06:18 PM
I've heard the meetings are so convincing and "professional" that you'll believe everything. One of my coworkers was pulled over for speeding awhile back and the officer let him go if he went to one of those meetings. He went, the officer gave him all these brochures and such, my coworker decided to not do it and the officer just got real mad and demanded all his brochures back haha. These guys are brainwashed.

The Ninja
04-26-2008, 04:16 PM
Alright. Sorry, I forgot I made this thread. I went to the first of the interviews and I missed the 2nd one, personal reasons :ninja:.... but anyways, the guy gave me a call, and I gave him a call back and left a msg. I don't think I'm going to do it though, but I really need a job making some kinda money. Funds are beginning to run low. I'd just prefer not to do Retail/Restaurant/fast-food, type of work. I'll bust my ass doing everything else, I'd prefer not to work with customers, though I'm great with them. I just prefer not to work with them, I can do warehousing I have experience with that. Ugh... >_< i'm so frustrated. Feels like I've called/applied and followed up at 1000's of places and I'm running out of motivation.

JessAlba452
04-26-2008, 08:30 PM
Job market it kinda blah right now. I know how you feel about the whole food industry thing. LoL

What part of GA do you stay at?
How much or less of a commute would you be willing to drive?

There's a thread that Discount Tire ... Peachtree Rd that is hiring if you like to work on cars :D

Otherwise I'll try and help you out.

If where I work was hiring again I would tell ya to come along...just lab work UOA stuff.

The Ninja
04-28-2008, 07:16 PM
Much appreciated. I'll be stayin in North Cobb area willing to commute a good distance is pay is decent enough to cover gas, and traffic isn't insane. Lemme know wassup, shoot me a pm.

mitchna
05-01-2008, 07:29 AM
I am going to tell you plain and simple...Primerica IS A AWESOME COMPANY. You see, it is "Ignorant" people like those who are on importatlanta and across the USA who give Primerica a bad name. Those who are saying it is a pyramid scam obviously do not know what a pyramid is...because Pyramids Are Illegal. If anything the JOB YOU WORK IS A PYRAMID SCAM, BECAUSE YOU WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO REACH THE CEO'S LEVEL. SO THE QUESTION EVERYONE SHOULD BE ASKING THEMSELVES IS, WHY DO I PUT MY TIME, ENERGY, AND EFFORT MAKING THE CEO MILLIONS OF DOLLARS, BUT THE CEO DOES NOT OFFER THE SAME OPPORTUNITY FOR ME TO MAKE MILLIONS? WHY NOT TAKE A CHANCE ON YOURSELF? PRIMERICA OFFERS A LEVEL PLAYING FEILD WHERE YOU CAN MAKE MILLIONS, CORPORATE AMERICA DOES NOT. BUT YOU DO HAVE TO WORK JUST LIKE YOU ARE WORKING ON YOUR J.O.B.(JUST OVER BROKE). YOU SEE, ANY KNOWLEDGEABLE BUSINESS OWENER WOULD TELL YOU COMMISSION IS FAR BETTER THEN SALARY, JUST BECAUSE YOU SET YOUR ON PAY, YOU PROMOTE YOUSELF AND THE SKY IS THE LIMIT.

Ran
05-01-2008, 08:32 AM
I going to tell you plain and simple...Primerica IS A AWESOME COMPANY. You see, it is "Ignorant" people like those who are on importatlanta and across the USA who give Primerica a bad name. Those who are saying it is a pyramid scam obviously do not know what a pyramid is...because Pyramids Are Illegal. If anything the JOB YOU WORK IS A PYRAMID SCAM, BECAUSE YOU WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO REACH THE CEO'S LEVEL. SO THE QUESTION EVERYONE SHOULD BE ASKING THEMSELVES IS, WHY DO I PUT MY TIME, ENERGY, AND EFFORT MAKING THE CEO MILLIONS OF DOLLARS, BUT THE CEO DOES NOT OFFER THE SAME OPPORTUNITY FOR ME TO MAKE MILLIONS? WHY NOT TAKE A CHANCE ON YOURSELF? PRIMERICA OFFERS A LEVEL PLAYING FEILD WHERE YOU CAN MAKE MILLIONS, CORPORATE AMERICA DOES NOT. BUT YOU DO HAVE TO WORK JUST LIKE YOU ARE WORKING ON YOUR J.O.B.(JUST OVER BROKE). YOU SEE, ANY KNOWLEDGEABLE BUSINESS OWENER WOULD TELL YOU COMMISSION IS FAR BETTER THEN SALARY, JUST BECAUSE YOU SET YOUR ON PAY, YOU PROMOTE YOUSELF AND THE SKY IS THE LIMIT.lolololol, does this look familiar? I guarantee you saw this at one of your "strategy meetings".

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn288/R31D/Hypnotoad.gif

mitchna
05-01-2008, 02:56 PM
I didn't see this at one of my "strategy meetings". It is just common sense. Think about where you are working now and ask yourself will you be able to own that business 5 years from now. It does not take a genius to figure out the answer to that..lololololol...If you like people ****ing you over and over then continue working a J.O.B.(JUST OVER BROKE).

AirMax95
05-09-2008, 08:27 AM
I went to one of the Primerica meetings/interviews. The lady who recruited me was not very professional. She did not expect me to have resume, wear a suit, or even understand what she was saying. Her question sheet was filled with basic questions that ANYONE can BS for a position. At that point I was turned off, but I returned for the session.

The session of course had 3 people give their life changing testimony of how Primerica gave them financial freedom. The stories were WAY too farfetched.

With that said, it was a year ago. Now, one of my close friends is trying to get me to work with her. It is legit, you can make a decent side income, but I would not chance this as my bread winner at all! Now they are paying for the license fee, and its was reduced to $100.

Good luck, but keep searching for a real Full-time guaranteed position.

Send me a resume, or job profile with your experience. I may be able to help.

Sport1.3
05-09-2008, 08:36 AM
SCAM!!!

though i did get a hugely discounted vacation to FL from them :D

B_Hoov
05-09-2008, 08:55 AM
if you want to work for primerica i know someone who can get you the non scam job, his name is Ed Fraley, let me know