PDA

View Full Version : Experience...... what are your thoughts... how do you gain it?

Killer
04-21-2008, 11:32 AM
What do you guys consider a first hand experience???

If a friend broke his/her leg, and you were there to take him/her to the hospital.... wouldn't that be sharing the experience?
maybe not sharing the pain from the experience... but still you were there when it happened... heard it break.... heard the scream.... saw the bone protruding.......

discuss...

Killer
04-21-2008, 11:34 AM
... dang.. i gotta take lunch... be back in an hour...

Ran
04-21-2008, 11:35 AM
but still you were there when it happened... heard it break.... heard the scream.... saw the bone protruding.......Link to Vid?

Nemesis
04-21-2008, 11:35 AM
First hand experience and First hand encounter is totally different things to me

Encounter is what you are saying above, experience is something I have to live with and go through myself.

quickdodge®
04-21-2008, 11:40 AM
Encounter is what you are saying above, experience is something I have to live with and go through myself.

Very true.

Later, QD.

imbosile
04-21-2008, 11:41 AM
First hand experience and First hand encounter is totally different things to me

yeah that sounds pretty good to me

Killer
04-21-2008, 12:42 PM

pretty good point...

that being said, could you not accurately describe a first hand encounter near as well as the person that had the experience??

lets say, you watched a basketball game....(or any sports game.. for that matter) and you knew one of the players...

you have an outside look at the whole game.... BUT he/she brushes up against the other players... scores that last minute point....

you may not have felt the excitement/adrenaline he/she did... but you have an accurate story to tell watching from the sidelines right????

Killer
04-21-2008, 01:35 PM
anymore thoughts?

SampaGuy
04-21-2008, 01:39 PM
pretty good point...

that being said, could you not accurately describe a first hand encounter near as well as the person that had the experience??

lets say, you watched a basketball game....(or any sports game.. for that matter) and you knew one of the players...

you have an outside look at the whole game.... BUT he/she brushes up against the other players... scores that last minute point....

you may not have felt the excitement/adrenaline he/she did... but you have an accurate story to tell watching from the sidelines right????

i think with sports its specially different. watching might get a little exciting and what not. but when im playing for real, im in the ****ing zone.

lmao

man
04-21-2008, 01:47 PM
pretty good point...

I would say no. You don't have the same perspective nor are you experiencing the same thought process.

ShooterMcGavin
04-21-2008, 01:47 PM
no interpretation or first hand account is more accurate than what THE ACTUAL PERSON experienced. if i was a dumbass and got in a wreck and you were a passenger, sure you "experienced" it first hand, and can say oh i know not to do such and such. but in the end i'm the one dealing with ALL the consequences (insurance, medical bills, wrecked car, etc) so my experience would be different than your experience.

Killer
04-21-2008, 02:22 PM
no interpretation or first hand account is more accurate than what THE ACTUAL PERSON experienced. if i was a dumbass and got in a wreck and you were a passenger, sure you "experienced" it first hand, and can say oh i know not to do such and such. but in the end i'm the one dealing with ALL the consequences (insurance, medical bills, wrecked car, etc) so my experience would be different than your experience.

i think that's too different of a situation.... the passenger def had an experience....

just different than the owner of the car.... just because the passengers experience stops after he/she is home safely does not mean they didn't have an experience...

BUT what about that person on the street corner.... they EYE WITNESS... that person saw what both parties did and could give a pretty accurate description of what happened...

they may not be able to say, "well the sun was in driver a's eyes... while driver b had spilled their coffee and wasn't looking"

but they could say "driver A slowed down to a near stop when approaching an intersection with a green light... driver be rear ended driver A with out hitting the brakes..."

either way both the drivers, the passengers, and the witness have a different story... and i would say they all had some sort of experience.... just with different point of views...

Kelly
04-21-2008, 04:59 PM
What a boring thread!!!

Echonova
04-21-2008, 10:05 PM
I experienced nausea reading this thread.

ahmonrah
04-21-2008, 11:54 PM

Encounter is what you are saying above, experience is something I have to live with and go through myself.precisely:goodjob:

JustinSane110™
04-22-2008, 01:41 AM
pretty good point...

So are you basically trying to get us all to say it's ok for you to tell someone else's story about something that happened to them? I don't get where this is going exactly, lol.

But, I agree with Jorge.

ShooterMcGavin
04-22-2008, 07:54 AM
So are you basically trying to get us all to say it's ok for you to tell someone else's story about something that happened to them? I don't get where this is going exactly, lol.

But, I agree with Jorge.
:werd: