PDA

View Full Version : so ive decided to buy a scooter 137 mpg!

JoeCoolinATL
08-16-2005, 01:42 AM
29mph haha woohoo

http://www.pepboys.com/transportation/street_legal_scooters/9265082_06030-streetlegal.html

should be fun to drive around town since the daily driver bmw is getting around 15mpg

http://www.pepboys.com/images/transportation/street_scooters/9265082_des.jpg

HEATON
08-16-2005, 04:25 AM
Its not rare to see one go flying by you at a stop light here.

kelly marie
08-16-2005, 08:34 AM
lol nice ride man!! i have wanted to get one... but i want mine in pink ;)

Eli
08-16-2005, 09:05 AM
real men drive vespas.

kelly marie
08-16-2005, 09:07 AM
lol awwww i have a visual... buwaahahahaha cute little vespa with a little bell *briiiing briiiing* cute matching helmet, elbow bads and knee bads!! funnay FUNNAY

dohc_ls
08-16-2005, 09:28 AM
you'd prolly be saving a TON of money with a scooter

99SI
08-16-2005, 09:35 AM
Hey I have a 2002 Honda scooter. Completely street legal I've got the title on it. If you really want one let me know and I'll make you a great deal on it. They things only got like 30 miles on the odometer. I picked it up from the dealer and drove it here on Hwy 441 in Milledgeville which is a pretty busy 4 lane HWY. It was scary as shit. I would pull about 30 uphill but I hit 50 going down hill! Woo Hoo that bitch was wobbling all over the place and my 240 pound ass was ready to head into the ditch! The best part was when two sherrif's in a patrol car pulled up beside me, when I looked over they busted out laughing and drove away. When I pulled into work my aunt told me I Looked like one of those circus bears that ride on the scooter at the circus. lol.

kelly marie
08-16-2005, 09:36 AM
+1 cuz that is funnay FUNNAY

RutRoe
08-16-2005, 11:13 AM
I too have exeperienced the "I'm over the weight limit" problem on my honda Spree...

Joe if you want to save a little cash I'll give ya my spree for cheap.... you need a bolt for the carb but not hard...

But really for how cheap those are, just get one of those, it will be way better.

Just make sure you get a really ugly stupid helmet because it is impossible to look cool on one of those, so just make it to where everybody smiles when they see you.

HiPSI
08-16-2005, 11:14 AM
if you tried to ride that thing anywhere in atlanta you will die on it ;).

but it may be fun to pick one up for next year's "true grits run" in the mountains :D

HiPSI
08-16-2005, 11:15 AM
I too have exeperienced the "I'm over the weight limit" problem on my honda Spree...

Joe if you want to save a little cash I'll give ya my spree for cheap.... you need a bolt for the carb but not hard...

But really for how cheap those are, just get one of those, it will be way better.

Just make sure you get a really ugly stupid helmet because it is impossible to look cool on one of those, so just make it to where everybody smiles when they see you.

or get a really good helmet with a mirrored visor so nobody can see who you are on it ;).

Spyder
08-16-2005, 11:16 AM

but it may be fun to pick one up for next year's "true grits run" in the mountains :D

So what you are saying is.. riding a moped in the mountains is safer then riding one anywhere else near atlanta, that is funny, sad and true lol.

HiPSI
08-16-2005, 11:17 AM
scooters rule btw...
http://www.cameracourage.com/Images/Scooter%20Racing/Patriotic.jpg
http://www.5thgear.orcon.net.nz/bucket23-5-4/dbandarmstrong.jpg

Eli
08-16-2005, 11:26 AM
you'd prolly be saving a TON of money with a scooter

id rather just switch to geico.

trythefly
08-16-2005, 11:35 AM
scooters rule btw...

lol funnay picz

1439/2000
08-16-2005, 11:38 AM
buy a segway scooter, then save alot of money. and pick up alot of ridicule.

JoeCoolinATL
08-16-2005, 02:28 PM

that would be hilarious.
if i get it ill def take it up there

so, what part of the house does your girlfriend keep your testicals.

well, after your gf takes them out of her mouth, she usualy makes out with my gf, so id say they bedroom :)

but i called usaa, insurance would be 6.50/month hahaha

so 600$ for scooter plus 6.50/month, (78$//yr) and id be getting 137mpg
looks like whenever i need to run an errand around town, the Z and the bmw will be staying parked haha

this is the helmet ill get
with the flames
http://street-bikes.ridegear.com/store/graphics/large/bcskidlid-2.jpg

collins
08-16-2005, 02:37 PM
damnit joe, just do this...

JoeCoolinATL
08-16-2005, 02:44 PM
haha but thats not streetlegal and taggable :)

i should get a prestige tag that says KEEPUP or something haha

RutRoe
08-16-2005, 03:05 PM
You know Joe I dont think you HAVE to have insurance....

See its booked as a Moped, not a motorcycle... and you dont have to have a tag for it either...

At least, when I tried to get oen in Athens, that's what they told me. It's sort of like saying I have a really fast bicycle with turn signals and a headlight.

I certainly could be wrong, especially if nay laws have changed about them in the past two years, but before I was smooth sailing with neither and totally legal.

I'd just double check before you pay for something you dont need....

trythefly
08-16-2005, 03:19 PM
It's sort of like saying I have a really fast bicycle with turn signals and a headlight.

lol

JoeCoolinATL
08-16-2005, 04:15 PM
You know Joe I dont think you HAVE to have insurance....

See its booked as a Moped, not a motorcycle... and you dont have to have a tag for it either...

At least, when I tried to get oen in Athens, that's what they told me. It's sort of like saying I have a really fast bicycle with turn signals and a headlight.

I certainly could be wrong, especially if nay laws have changed about them in the past two years, but before I was smooth sailing with neither and totally legal.

I'd just double check before you pay for something you dont need....

thatd be killer. ill check on it this week

99ITRGIRL
08-16-2005, 04:56 PM
awesome, my ex used to work at Pep Boys and had to put all the scooters together.

HiPSI
08-16-2005, 05:31 PM
i believe rut is right... if it's under a certain engine size then i believe there's no need for insurance or a tag. mainly because you'll get plowed the first time you have to pull out of a blind drive and you won't be around to collect your insurance money ;)

JoeCoolinATL
08-17-2005, 12:56 AM
haha yeah i think 49cc is under that, i beleive anything under 50cc is what it is, but i figure 6.50 isnt a bad deal for insurance a month i may get it an insure/tag it or not dunno