PDA

View Full Version : Sky detailing place (Alpharetta)....

BufordŽ
08-15-2005, 11:42 PM
SUCKS. Assholes. Here's my rant about their poor service.

So I'm driving my hoopty over there to get my POS washed. I go slowly over the speed bump, (just slammed it last night) I creep over to the guys standing out there. One of the gentlemen slowly approaches my car; the other one kneels down and looks at the front of my car and shakes his head no. The dude that walk to my winder says to me:

Dude: "There's no way in hell your car will go through our tunnel, have a nice day, and walks off."
Me: "What about a hand wash?"
Dude: "pffffffffff, we only hand wash Ferrari's, Bentlys, and such. "
Me: "You're fucking kidding me?"
Dude: "Nope, have a nice day. Exit's that way" (points to exit)
Me: Thanks for the AWESOME SERVICE, douche bag. You lost a lot of business. I was about to buy one of your monthly services" and rolled up my window and drove off.
Me: (mutters to self): fucking assholes. Totally unprofessional

So I ended up going to Auto Advantage. Great place. Treated me very well. Did a freakin' awesome job on cleaning my car. Nicely priced, as well. Thanks, CJ for takin' care of me.

Eli
08-15-2005, 11:44 PM
wash your car yourself- problem fixed.

BufordŽ
08-15-2005, 11:45 PM
F you.

Eli
08-15-2005, 11:45 PM
fuck you!!!!!!!!

99ITRGIRL
08-15-2005, 11:48 PM
stuck up assholes!!

BufordŽ
08-16-2005, 02:08 AM
Just so yous guys know. Auto Advantage used to be Auto Indulgence, I believe.

s four t5
08-16-2005, 02:14 AM
I enjoy washing my own car...

Pher
08-16-2005, 02:24 AM
I can't imagine Sky saying that to you. Thats pretty shitty man.

quickdodgeŽ
08-16-2005, 04:24 AM
Damn if I wouldn't have went inside and said something to higher up. Later, QD.

lowjack
08-16-2005, 09:39 AM
YES!!! Someone who has had the SAME issue I had when I first got the Z. Said it was too low and there is no way we will wash it.

Not to mention the 240sxt I had, which they ruined the wheels by spaying solvent on them and ruining the finish. (Streaked it being alum) The so called "owner" told me that, "The wheels are sub standard and we can't help that Nissan uses them." I was livid!!! The wheels were stock 5 spokes.....

They have NO CONCEPT for customer service. So if people want to get there car washed, take it anywhere but there.

YES SKY SUCKS MONKEY BALLS !!! :piss:"sky"

Brett
08-16-2005, 11:27 AM
I have never had a bad experience there, We have been on thier SKY ONE plan since April, and have been taking Leisa's VUE a few times a week, and they have always treated me like a customer driving a vette or somethin, They remember my name and always go out of thier way for us

trythefly
08-16-2005, 11:33 AM
i just wash/wax/detail all mine myself so no-one else can have the pleasure of fucking something up on my cars.

Kristi
08-16-2005, 12:14 PM
i use the james and heather service

............they wash it for me caused i'm just wonderful like that, lol

kilpatty43
08-16-2005, 12:15 PM
yeah no shit...when am i going to get paid for this service?

Kristi
08-16-2005, 12:18 PM

once you start doing a good job! haha, just kidding

kilpatty43
08-16-2005, 12:21 PM
ouch...ass

Scrappy
08-16-2005, 12:21 PM
I am at sky right now with the mazda, not a high class vehicle and am getting exeptional service and respect...

rickgiblin
08-16-2005, 12:29 PM
i still like the god'ole way of washing my ride myself and konwing im getting a good job well done, for less$

A.P. Photography
08-16-2005, 12:30 PM
whenever your ready :lickpuss: :idb:

Kristi
08-16-2005, 12:43 PM
^^ haha

Brett
08-16-2005, 12:49 PM
I am at sky right now with the mazda, not a high class vehicle and am getting exeptional service and respect...

Thats what I love about them, They treat everyone as if they were high dollar clients

Scrappy
08-16-2005, 01:06 PM
well i asked the guy at the desk if lowered or slightly modded cars are allowed to come and get detailed and all that, they said they do not LIKE to have them come in due to if they try and take them in the tunnel and damage gets made, they are responsible, so they have to refuse services. They have tried and get suied too many times.

In my eyes, if you spend any money on mods, why not wash it yourself to keep from damages and keep some money in your pocket since the car is already a money pit... just my opinion...

Kristi
08-16-2005, 01:11 PM
well i asked the guy at the desk if lowered or slightly modded cars are allowed to come and get detailed and all that, they said they do not LIKE to have them come in due to if they try and take them in the tunnel and damage gets made, they are responsible, so they have to refuse services. They have tried and get suied too many times.

In my eyes, if you spend any money on mods, why not wash it yourself to keep from damages and keep some money in your pocket since the car is already a money pit... just my opinion...

they are a car washing service - that is what they are there to do! it shouldn't matter if it is an import or not - if i'm paying the money, they better do what i want. that is bullshit for them to do that

Scrappy
08-16-2005, 01:15 PM
did i say import? no, ANY MODDED CARS THEY DO NOT want responsibility for damaging it. I would rather them decline washing my car instead of them washing it, completely ripping up the undercarriage, or damaging anything else interior/exterior done. like i said, thats my own opinion. all i did was ask why they wont, and posted the answer for ryan to know what they said.

BufordŽ
08-16-2005, 01:19 PM
:piss:"sky"

lol. Nicely said, Scotty.

BufordŽ
08-16-2005, 01:20 PM
did i say import? no, ANY MODDED CARS THEY DO NOT want responsibility for damaging it. I would rather them decline washing my car instead of them washing it, completely ripping up the undercarriage, or damaging anything else interior/exterior done. like i said, thats my own opinion. all i did was ask why they wont, and posted the answer for ryan to know what they said.

Go ask them about hand washing cars.

A.P. Photography
08-16-2005, 01:20 PM
What most of you are failing to realize is that car wash places have a track system that pulls the car through. Lowered cars generally will not clear the track and run a risk of damaging something underneath. This is why they turn away lowered cars. As for how they treated Buford, yes it could have been handled a differently and who knows maybe they do have a policy in place to only handwash the high end cars.

Kristi
08-16-2005, 01:23 PM
well it was stated above as IMPORTS - which is why I said that Krissy

Scrappy
08-16-2005, 01:24 PM
im not going back to ask more questions, i am already at home now. call and explain what happened to the owner and they will most likely work with you, i asked a simple question and posted the answer...

BufordŽ
08-16-2005, 01:26 PM
Thanks for asking, Krissy. I didn't know that you were already home.

TKellarB
08-16-2005, 01:27 PM
WOW -- I have only heard great things about the one in Alpharetta.

I personally use Carnetts on Buford -- they always hand wash my car and it's very reasonable. I like my car clean all the time but don't have the time to do it myself, unless I am showing it.

collins
08-16-2005, 01:33 PM
the one time i trusted someone else to wash mine was the carnetts on pleasant hill. they hand washed it and did an exeptional job at it, and the price wasnt bad either. bottom line, if they want the business bad enough, they'll do it.

Scrappy
08-16-2005, 04:06 PM
they wont do it if it screws up a car and costs more to fix than a wash does...

HyPer50
08-16-2005, 04:27 PM
I used to wash my car myself all the time when I was livin' in the apartments with the car wash... or "dog wash" as they called it... but now at the new place we dont have faucets or hoses... so I just take mine to carspa on windy hill rd... they do a damn nice job, but $35 every few weeks gets expensive. By the way, what kind of car were you in when you were turned away?

Leisa
08-16-2005, 04:32 PM
they are a car washing service - that is what they are there to do! it shouldn't matter if it is an import or not - if i'm paying the money, they better do what i want. that is bullshit for them to do that

thats not what she is saying... The car washing part is a bit low... and if your car is lowered to a point, there is no way you will get your car in there... its not for the significantly lowered cars... and I have to seriously doubt that SKY was as rude as what Ryan is talking about.. they have always been very professional and respectful to me...

Julio
08-16-2005, 04:40 PM
I heard terrible things about that place... FUCK EM RYAN.. Tell them to suck your 2'" terror pinky...

I wash myself.. Unless Im really tired and the car really needs it, Ill take it to this spot of 20 in lawrenceville.

Leisa
08-16-2005, 04:44 PM
fuck all yall bitches.... Im saying the place is awesome!!!! and damnit what I say goes....

Scrappy
08-16-2005, 04:47 PM
Ill go with you leisa, they did a awesome job on the mazda, and not one negative word, nor anything from them even asking that question... :-p

HyPer50
08-16-2005, 04:50 PM
On another note... if he really said that they only hand wash Ferrari's and Bentlys etc. Thats just plain stupid.... if someones paying you to do a job, it shouldn't matter if it's a McLaren or a friggin' metro... money is money.

Leisa
08-16-2005, 05:08 PM
thats bullshit about the hand wash... i find that very hard to beleive

Scrappy
08-16-2005, 05:10 PM
just drove by there going back home from my moms office, they were washing a ford escape on the side... hmmm...

Brett
08-16-2005, 05:13 PM
On another note... if he really said that they only hand wash Ferrari's and Bentlys etc. Thats just plain stupid.... if someones paying you to do a job, it shouldn't matter if it's a McLaren or a friggin' metro... money is money.

When they said they handwash those cars its bacause they have a contract with the Ferrari place next door and the Bentley place up the street so they hand wash thiers not regular customers cars... Unless you pay the extra fee to have it done, Ryan I can be sure you had an attitude with them also.... I have met pretty much all the people there, In the summer I was there 4-5 times a week, and they are all the most professional people to thier new and old customers.

eViLMunkey
08-16-2005, 05:44 PM
SUCKS. Assholes. Here's my rant about their poor service.

So I'm driving my hoopty over there to get my POS washed. I go slowly over the speed bump, (just slammed it last night) I creep over to the guys standing out there. One of the gentlemen slowly approaches my car; the other one kneels down and looks at the front of my car and shakes his head no. The dude that walk to my winder says to me:

Dude: "There's no way in hell your car will go through our tunnel, have a nice day, and walks off."
Me: "What about a hand wash?"
Dude: "pffffffffff, we only hand wash Ferrari's, Bentlys, and such. "
Me: "You're fucking kidding me?"
Dude: "Nope, have a nice day. Exit's that way" (points to exit)
Me: Thanks for the AWESOME SERVICE, douche bag. You lost a lot of business. I was about to buy one of your monthly services" and rolled up my window and drove off.
Me: (mutters to self): fucking assholes. Totally unprofessional

So I ended up going to Auto Advantage. Great place. Treated me very well. Did a freakin' awesome job on cleaning my car. Nicely priced, as well. Thanks, CJ for takin' care of me.

Could have told you that one... and uh... wash it yourself... so you don't have to worry about stuff getting stolen... or scratched...

Julio
08-16-2005, 05:46 PM
NO matter what.. The customer is right.. Buford just didnt know how to exercise his rights.. I wouldve walked inside and talked to someone.

eViLMunkey
08-16-2005, 05:48 PM
so... I knew SKy sucked the week after they opened...

Deaf Pimp
08-16-2005, 06:04 PM
Sky is awesome. You must have had some bad luck Ryan. I've taken my lowered Audi there and they never said anything about it. Went right through and was spotless everytime.

I have to say everytime I've been there, they have treated me with upmost respect. Even the guy up front is cool as hell.

The Yousef
08-16-2005, 06:09 PM
i go to Auto Advantage (whenever i get too lazy to wash mine.....) and everytime they did a great job...the llude turns out great...and there is never an excessive wait time....(helps to know the manager too...lol)

yousef

Marta Mike
08-16-2005, 06:37 PM
I had an interview there once, with the actual owner. He was a stuck up asshole, young and rich-lol. I dont know bout the service, never been. But the concept is really cool i like it. Brett what were u doing at the wash 3-5 times a week?

Scrappy
08-16-2005, 06:38 PM
he was getting "washed" DUH!

Brett
08-16-2005, 06:40 PM
I was getting Leisa's suv washed, what do you think I was doing there, Hanging out? lol

Marta Mike
08-16-2005, 06:42 PM
3-5 times a week, jesus!

Brett
08-16-2005, 06:49 PM
Well when you pay one fee a month and get to go unlimited, why not take full advantage of it

Chuckster
08-16-2005, 06:56 PM
wash your car yourself- problem fixed.

^thats as far as i read..... AGREED

lazy ass

BufordŽ
08-17-2005, 05:28 PM
The car washing part is a bit low... and if your car is lowered to a point, there is no way you will get your car in there... its not for the significantly lowered cars... and I have to seriously doubt that SKY was as rude as what Ryan is talking about.. they have always been very professional and respectful to me...

Leisa, with all due respect,
Are you calling me a liar? I'm not one to make up fake threads for no reason. I wouldn't make up something like this for shear entertainment. I'm telling the truth. Once again, I'm not trying to be mean.

Ryan I can be sure you had an attitude with them also.....

Brett, you're absolutly correct. I gained an attitude directly after he gave me attitude, and I did not appreciate it. I've gotten to the point in my life where I no longer take shit from anyone, and I'm going to speak my mind.

thats bullshit about the hand wash... i find that very hard to believe

Once again, I'm NOT lying. I'm telling the truth. If dude had been more respectful to me, and declined me nicer about the hand wash, this would be a totally different scenario.

And for all yous guys that have said

wash it your self, you lazy fuck

I was feeling like crap that day, and I was away from home, had some extra cash, and wanted it done. So F off.

Shawna
08-17-2005, 08:48 PM
Ryan Im glad that CJ helped you if you ever want to go over and make sure they can do it call me and Ill find out Ive been trying to get a hold of him but his phones been turned off...

BufordŽ
08-18-2005, 04:07 AM
Oh. Okay. Crappy. I need to talk to him about something that may have happened there. Thanks for your help, Shawna. :D

drupason
08-21-2005, 12:56 PM
wash your own damn cars buncha lazy ass bastards!

BufordŽ
08-21-2005, 01:08 PM
Be quiet, beach bum!

drupason
08-21-2005, 01:18 PM
too bad im in kennesaw right now

eViLMunkey
08-26-2005, 05:29 PM
Wash your car your damn self!! so you can only bitch at yourself...