PDA

View Full Version : engine question Please Help

EX-Svic
08-15-2005, 10:58 PM
i rarely drive my civic maybe 3 times a month tops 7 but the other day i took it out to play and was on the highway when i noticed a lot of smoke comming out the back after i hit about 80mph or 90 then i slowed down and no smoke, and then i stop at a light and take off again and a big ass cloud of smoke came out , and i am wondering what could be the problem or whats happening after that big smoke out the car went back to normal but im concerned on what it did any idea whats up with it .....Please help me out Thanks..........Peace

Vteckidd
08-15-2005, 11:28 PM
i rarely drive my civic maybe 3 times a month tops 7 but the other day i took it out to play and was on the highway when i noticed a lot of smoke comming out the back after i hit about 80mph or 90 then i slowed down and no smoke, and then i stop at a light and take off again and a big ass cloud of smoke came out , and i am wondering what could be the problem or whats happening after that big smoke out the car went back to normal but im concerned on what it did any idea whats up with it .....Please help me out Thanks..........Peace
valve stem seals. Do this test, accelerate in the car, then let off. let it coast down. coast down for like 2500-3000 rpms, then blip the throttle, if you see smoke, its valve stem seals/PCV.

if it smokes on acceleration its Piston rings.

What color is the smoke,does it smell like oil?

EX-Svic
08-16-2005, 12:21 AM
the smoke i think was mostly white and it smelled like oil just for less than 15seconds, as soon as i got home i reved to 5000rpm to see if anything would happen but nothing happen , but ill try that test tomorrow and see what happens,........Thanks .....Peace

LS2ner
08-16-2005, 02:16 AM
might have gas/oil in the exhaust? After i wrecked my teg and it sat for like 4 months when i brought it home from the body shop it smoked for like 2 days then quit. i could be wrong tho.

EX-Svic
08-16-2005, 09:16 PM
i took it out and did what you said mike but nothing happened it ran just fine i even pushed it a little more to see if anything but nothing

Vteckidd
08-17-2005, 12:05 AM
bring it by the shop and ill look at it free of charge

EX-Svic
08-17-2005, 04:40 PM
Thanks mike ill see when i have time to go , can you Pm me the adress i forgot how to get there, just to make sure i wont get lost like last time lol

Vteckidd
08-17-2005, 05:07 PM
Thanks mike ill see when i have time to go , can you Pm me the adress i forgot how to get there, just to make sure i wont get lost like last time lol
5014 Frank AIken Rd Building B
Powder SPrings GA 30127

10am-6pm Mon/WED
10am-9pm Tues/THurs
9am-5pm Sat

Closed Sunday/Monday

EX-Svic
08-17-2005, 07:07 PM
ok cool ill see if i can drop by next week if you still have time ill give you a call when i would go , Thanks for the help.........Peace