PDA

View Full Version : So my car was impounded

OnURleft
04-20-2008, 02:32 AM
So my car died last night on 285 West right before Buford Highway. I pulled over in the emergency lane and called my free towing company.I was fully in the emergency lane even though it wasn't a main emergency lane when a cop pulled up. He asked me if I could move it to a different emergency lane and I responded "no it won't run." He then told me he would have to call his towing service and I told him he was wasting his time because mine would be here in 20 minutes. 5 minutes past and his tow truck showed up and he hooked up my car. He asked me if I would let them tow my car for $125 and I said "NO.. again my tow truck will be here in now 15 minutes." Another 5 minutes past and two more cop cars showed up. A sargent came up to my window and told me if I don't let them take my car and get out he will mace me and throw me out of the car. I said this was bullshi.tblah blah blah and they put my car on the truck and took it away. Now i'm sitting at home without a car in a Brown and Brown lot and out $125. Also as I was getting in the cop car for "a ride home" my tow truck pulled up.

Thank you Dekalb for protecting and serving. No wonder ya'll make 30k. I sh.it better police sence then some of your men.

81911SC
04-20-2008, 02:36 AM
So my car died last night on 285 West right before Buford Highway. I pulled over in the emergency lane and called my free towing company. (I knew what was wrong..the check engine light ran the car fat which clogged the cats and it won't run past 1000 rpm). I was fully in the emergency lane even though it wasn't a main emergency lane when a cop pulled up. He asked me if I could move it to a different emergency lane and I responded "no it won't run." He then told me he would have to call his towing service and I told him he was wasting his time because mine would be here in 20 minutes. 5 minutes past and his tow truck showed up and he hooked up my car. He asked me if I would let them tow my car for $125 and I said "NO.. again my tow truck will be here in now 15 minutes." Another 5 minutes past and two more cop cars showed up. A sargent came up to my window and told me if I don't let them take my car and get out he will mace me and throw me out of the car. I said this was bullshi.tblah blah blah and they put my car on the truck and took it away. Now i'm sitting at home without a car in a Brown and Brown lot and out $125. Also as I was getting in the cop car for "a ride home" my tow truck pulled up.

Thank you Dekalb for protecting and serving. No wonder ya'll make 30k. I sh.it better police sence then some of your men.
I'm going to have to disagree

OnURleft
04-20-2008, 02:46 AM
Sorry any officer with some curtesy would've waited an extra 5 minutes for my tow truck to get there or just left. My car was all the way in the "emergency" lane away from traffic waiting for the "emergency" vehicle. They had to have some deal going with Brown and Brown as they showed up in 5< minutes. The area they wanted to move my car was 30 feet away in the side of an exit ramp. complete b.s. Being a traffic hazard was irrelevant, there's no traffic but emergency traffic like myself in the emergency lane and I was several feet from the line.

81911SC
04-20-2008, 02:51 AM
I don't think you saw what I bolded.

IndianStig
04-20-2008, 03:00 AM
That sucks man, shoulda got a honda!

TheGodfather
04-20-2008, 03:04 AM
2 thoughts.

1. Courtesy must be a hard word to spell for some.
2. Sense must be hard to spell as well.

Conclusion: mommy and daddy bottle feeding you and giving you any car your spoiled ass wants cannot replace a good education.

gforce23
04-20-2008, 03:36 AM
2 thoughts.

3. Sergeant must be hard to spell too.

Conclusion: mommy and daddy bottle feeding you and giving you any car your spoiled ass wants cannot replace a good education.
Wow, that was a bit too harsh IMO.

DirtyMechanic
04-20-2008, 04:09 AM
I thought you were tuned? And why do you still have cats? and why didnt you just move the car. you said it wont go over 1000rpms sooo...? or was it just your first impression @$$hole self coming out?

AnthonyF
04-20-2008, 06:20 AM
sorry to hear. Dekalb county cops do not like nice cars at all. The impounded my car and said i was racing..by myself. haha ****ing losers

_Christian_
04-20-2008, 06:20 AM
Damn, some harsh flaming going on. lol

:yes: Dekalb does have a deal with Brown and Brown.

ahmonrah
04-20-2008, 06:44 AM
LMFAO AT THIS THREAD!!!!!
i'm sorry, but i've got to rep EVERYONE IN THIS THREAD!!
(except the original poster....saree:no:)

tippatone
04-20-2008, 07:53 AM
that is the dumbest thing i have ever heard.... i have seen cars on the side of 285 for at least 8 hours, but thats fulton ct not dekalb

95alty
04-20-2008, 12:06 PM
2 thoughts.

Mommy and Daddy dont always have to give you a car for it to be nice... I own a newer BMW than him... Im 20... and bought it my self with all the hard work i put out... i see your thoughts on the spelling... but mom and pops may have not given him the car.... just my :2cents:

sorry about your car man

OnURleft
04-20-2008, 09:44 PM
2 thoughts.

I lol'd at this. Sorry it was the 3:46 a.m that took my spelling and proof reading not the bottle feeding or lack there of. However, if making money is what it takes to buy my own stuff then I guess i'm damn good at that. Not many people get payed to drive cars at my age. I guess you could say it's good to have parents that are loaded though. Maybe if you work hard instead of cleaning up what dosn't matter to me at this location you'll achieve something above my salary and beyond my parents.

I thought you were tuned? And why do you still have cats? and why didnt you just move the car. you said it wont go over 1000rpms sooo...? or was it just your first impression ******* self coming out?

Oh its tuned. Combine 400 miles on a track and an autozone reducer made of plastic and you get a melted reduced that failed to stay on causing my maf to go wtf. Hello aluminum reducer at the shop.

MistaCee
04-20-2008, 09:48 PM
Why are cops so quick to taze/mase people now -a-days

Catnip
04-20-2008, 09:51 PM
that's gay.

on the other hand, the cop that gave me 2 tickets (one he wrote out for something else, so that when I came to court it couldn't be fixed... and he didn't help like he said he would) was parked on the yellow lines in the middle of the road for court, yet he is going to give all these people tickets for turn signals.

I'm beginning to lose respect for them.

OnURleft
04-20-2008, 09:53 PM

That's a dammm.n good question. Mace me for sitting in my car. I understand if I am refusing to get out for a traffic offense or something ticket worthy but at the point of his threat it was not stated what I had done wrong.EVEN IF I DID DO SOMETHING WRONG. My g'dam.n car died I was in the dead car lane....After several moments of not hearing anything other than one officer stating I "may be" a road hazerd (even though his lights were flashing and there were tow trucks) another officer stated "son your going to need to get out or i'm going to throw you out at mace you." I then stated "Oh..Ok!" and got out and he told me I was a "road hazerd". Sargent Douch.e nozzle was very angry I did not want to use HIS towing service. End of story.

EJ25RUN
04-20-2008, 10:00 PM

Gotta make your self feel good some how when you realize you wasted your life.

OnURleft
04-20-2008, 10:02 PM
Gotta make your self feel good some how when you realize you wasted your life.

Bahahhaha. Those Doraville cops have it good though. 36k, autragic mustangs and a laser gun. It beats alot of jobs though i.m.o. I'd do it if I had no respect for studying and education.