PDA

View Full Version : Danica Patrick Wins Her first race at Motegi!

EJ25RUN
04-19-2008, 11:00 PM
I'm just so proud of her. I've been waiting for this day for a long time and she deserved it so much.

She had a great race strategy and with 20 to go, i knew Dixon, Kanaan, Wheldon, and Helio didn't have enough fuel to make it to the end.

It all went crazy when Ed Carpenter who had last pitted with Danica dived for the pits, i jumped up cause i knew the race was hers. Helio tried to make it to the end but just didn't have the fuel to be aggressive so she went by and three laps latter.......THE WIN!

BIG CONGRATS DANICA! DO IT AGAIN AT INDY.

This is such an important day in racing history.

Andy_013
04-19-2008, 11:20 PM
about time!!

EJ25RUN
04-19-2008, 11:34 PM
about time!!

Yeah, she had the potential and today it all worked for her. I started watching this race Friday night but it got postponed due to rain. I'm so happy i made sure to watch it.

To add to that, she will be to go into the future as a race winner and that is such a confidence boost. This is such a boost to American open wheel racing. I can just see the Kansas and Indy tickets selling right now.

SixSquared
04-20-2008, 04:21 AM
HELL YEAH SHE DID!

WOO!

Elbow
04-20-2008, 05:44 AM
I knew she was good from when we raced karts together and she passed me.

nsany(atl)
04-20-2008, 09:00 AM
it is a great win, but the questions of how good she is won't quit until she makes a pass for the lead to win, not a win on fuel strategy.

EJ25RUN
04-20-2008, 12:29 PM
I knew she was good from when we raced karts together and she passed me.

When was this? What Kart series?

Complication
04-20-2008, 10:08 PM
I was watching that in the hotel room but didn't get to finish cause of my flight leaving! I checked out right when she made the move into 5th position. I am glad for her! wasn't expecting her to come from where she did AND win it.!