PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods blox IM installed, high idle now, help?

DC2girl
04-19-2008, 04:06 PM
I just picked up a blox intake manifold for a '94 gsr and installed it. But now it idles high, about 4000rpms and surges back down to 1500 and then so on. I have searched all the other threads and have tried cleaning the iacv and the fast idle. Still does it, but when I unplugged the iacv, it idles slightly lower.

Here's the catch though, there are two holes in the throttle body, like if you took off your intake and looked inside, there would be 2 holes. If I plug the hole on the bottom (it leads to the fast idle, about 7 o'clock) it idles normal....... All the sensors are plugged up and there is no check engine light.

I took out the black can underneath the factory gsr manifold which I believe was for the iab or secondaries, I hope that is not the cause of this.

Also, is the charcoal canister important because I don't have the evap purge solenoid sensor and the canister, the sensor was broken during the install. And would anyone know the color(s) for the sensors such as IAT, IACV, map, tps, etc. Just wanted to make sure that they are correct.

I have installed skunk2 manifolds on my previous 2 gsr's and have not had this problem, so now I'm stumped. The only 2 sensor plugs that I didn't use was the secondaries and the evap purge cut (whatever its called).

Vuongy_Dong
04-19-2008, 04:11 PM
stock throttle?

DC2girl
04-19-2008, 04:20 PM
stock throttle?

stock throttle body, cable, etc. But if I plug the hole with my finger, it idles normal, the hole that leads to the fast idle. I am completely stumped, never had this problem before.

DC2girl
04-20-2008, 12:07 PM
damn no one?

EmminoDaGreat
04-20-2008, 01:19 PM
monstrous vacuum leak.

DarKStaR
04-20-2008, 01:33 PM
Did you put a new IM gasket on? check for leaks there and around throttle body

Vteckidd
04-20-2008, 01:53 PM
+1

vtecgsrguy
04-20-2008, 02:02 PM
X3 there!!! check for any leaks around both of them.... them check ya vac. lines!! when i did my SKUNK2 mani i had a couple mistakes to.... :goodjob:

RiDinDurRty
04-20-2008, 02:19 PM
spray some brake cleaner thru the trottle body and check where the leaks are

JDMB20
04-20-2008, 07:01 PM
X2 on the brake cleaner

DC2girl
04-20-2008, 08:10 PM
+1

yes I replaced the IM gasket and throttle body gasket.

I found the problem today, it was the FITV (Fast idle thermo valve). Any ideas on where to get one from besides the dealer? napa and autozone doesn't carry this part, they only carry the iacv.