PDA

View Full Version : Stock VW Jetta with "GLI" Emblem. Does anybody know?

Black Mamba
04-19-2008, 02:00 PM
who this guy is?

This guy is a major douche-bag.

There is this guy with a regular Jetta with "GLI" emblem on the back, silver in color, and manual around Gwinnett Area.

Here is the story:

I was on my way home from work when I had a boosted gsr (its been awhile) on Old Alabama road towards Medlock Bridge. If you know where I'm talking about, its one lane road and for about half a mile, it turns in to two lane road, then to one, then back to two lane road before hitting Medlock bridge.

Anyways, I'm just cruisin as usual and all of sudden I see this stock Jetta coming up to my ass fast as hell and brakes real hard and stays on my ass all the time. Of course it was a one lane road and there were cars in front of me, so I couldn't go any faster.

When two lanes opened up, I gunned it and I was pretty dam far away from this guy, so I slow down but he doesn't try to stop and speeds up trying to catch me. I see him coming, so I gun it again so he won't cut in front of me before it merges back to one lane.

So now, I'm tailing the car in front of me before it merges, but HE DOES NOT STOP and RIGHT WHEN ITS MERGING, he comes next to me fast as hell, then tries to run me off.. I was like "OH WTF" and hit the brakes as fast as I can. Then I could see that he was going to hit the car that was in front of me.

This douche, then gets on the wrong lane and dips out. Of course I was blocked out by the car that was in front of me originally and couldn't go catch him. I saw him turning right on medlock from far away and I turned left on medlock, so I couldn't even see his face. This was quiet a long time ago. Maybe at least 3-5 months.

If you didn't know, I got a 350z about 3 weeks ago. I'm on my way to work as usual around 8am and I see this stock silver Jetta with "GLI" Emblem on it.

I didn't even think about the incident that happened before and pulls next to him at the light. I look at him, its a white boy with oakleys (typical white boy) on.

When light turned green, he peels out and just guns his POS car. I said to myself, WTF? what a idiot, the light in front of us was red already, so I didn't even bother. then I just see him braking real hard to the light and just drives like a maniac on the whole way on Peachtree Industrial until I turned right on S? N? Berkley Lake Road.

So anyways, on peachtree industrial, I'm thinking.. OH DAMN, ITS THE SAME DUDE. So I try to get up to him so that I can cuss him out or something, but due to heavy traffic, I couldn't get to this douche bag. So I had to go into work depressed.:(

End of my story. Does anybody know who this is?

Echonova
04-19-2008, 02:08 PM
I dunno. I had sorta of a similiar experience yesterday on 316. Douchebag in an green Eclipse RS riding my ass. A lane opens up I accelerated about half throttle in 5th to put some distance between us. Not sure how hard he was ragging the RS out, but he stayed on my F*ing bumper until 100. Then I saw the THREE KIDS in his backseat. I let off and let the jackass do his ricer-flyby hoping he would slow down after. He didn't.:( This guy needs to be punched in the throat along with the GLI owner.

Stormhammer
04-19-2008, 02:10 PM
admin

IndianStig
04-19-2008, 02:30 PM
i hate **** like that.

Black Mamba
04-19-2008, 03:09 PM
I dunno. I had sorta of a similiar experience yesterday on 316. Douchebag in an green Eclipse RS riding my ass. A lane opens up I accelerated about half throttle in 5th to put some distance between us. Not sure how hard he was ragging the RS out, but he stayed on my F*ing bumper until 100. Then I saw the THREE KIDS in his backseat. I let off and let the jackass do his ricer-flyby hoping he would slow down after. He didn't.:( This guy needs to be punched in the throat along with the GLI owner.

Yeah. that's pretty sh!tty. However, he was a GLI wannabe.

Jecht
04-19-2008, 03:29 PM
Try driving a Miata! I get people driving behind me like a foot from my bumper, and cutting me off all the time!

AnTi-PooN
04-19-2008, 03:41 PM
you're a guy though right?^^^^^^^^^^^

Kyle
04-19-2008, 04:25 PM
are you sure it was a stock jetta with a GLI emblem? The earlier GLI's(pre 2004.5) looked exactly like stock jettas.

Anyways no idea who that would be.

BiH1320
04-19-2008, 08:37 PM
Lol, seen him before.

Black Mamba
04-20-2008, 12:47 AM
are you sure it was a stock jetta with a GLI emblem? The earlier GLI's(pre 2004.5) looked exactly like stock jettas.

yes I'm pretty damn sure. It looks NOTHING like GLI. just a regular slow ass POS jetta.

_Christian_
04-20-2008, 07:30 AM

Correct

yes I'm pretty damn sure. It looks NOTHING like GLI. just a regular slow ass POS jetta.
Read bold print. Here is a pic of a GLI:
http://www.jontanis.com/gallery/d/959-1/DSC_1019.jpg

Black Mamba
04-20-2008, 11:28 AM
Hm.. well in that case, I could be wrong and it could really be a GLI.

Sunkenkarma
04-20-2008, 09:06 PM
That guy comes to the hamilton mill kroger to get gas, thats the only thing that I recognized, the only GLI I saw around there.