PDA

View Full Version : Misc More stuff that begs the question: How the hell did we let Beijing hold the olympics?

EJ25RUN
04-17-2008, 11:38 PM
Autoblog

The city of Beijing has drawn widely-publicized controversy due to its poor air-quality leading up to the 2008 Summer Olympic games. In fact, the air pollution is at least two to three times higher than levels deemed safe by the World Health Organization at this very moment. To ease the minds of the competing athletes, the city of Beijing is taking steps to improve the situation and has promised clean air for the games. Officials in Beijing have already cut the number of vehicles driving in the city in half by alternating what vehicles are allowed to drive each day and have asked more people to ride bikes. Now, they've banned car repairs and spray painting until after the games are over. We are all for the athletes rights to breathe clean air, but we also have to wonder about the economic cost associated with cutting out all automotive repairs and painting.

The Yousef
04-17-2008, 11:43 PM
uhhh...you do realize that the US does not control the olympics....the IOC (international olympic committee) does and that's an independent governing body... :goodjob:

EJ25RUN
04-17-2008, 11:46 PM
uhhh...you do realize that the US does not control the olympics....the IOC (international olympic committee) does and that's an independent governing body... :goodjob:

I do and by WE" i meant the IOC (international olympic committee).

I was talking about the world population as a whole.

Im not a redneck like you Yousef that excludes everyone else.

Revmaynard
04-17-2008, 11:48 PM
Yousef is a brown redneck lol.

The Yousef
04-17-2008, 11:51 PM

so i'm assuming you meant 'we' as in 'we humans' then yes humans do control the IOC....and then your above statement is correct...

if not then you are just back pedaling to save face...

:lmfao:

The Yousef
04-17-2008, 11:52 PM
Yousef is a brown redneck lol.

i do watch NASCAR...so i cannot argue with that...lol

EJ25RUN
04-17-2008, 11:56 PM
I wonder if the Medals will be made in china and contain Lead.

ShooterMcGavin
04-18-2008, 10:29 PM

this is exactly the kinda sh1t i expect someone who how come the NOOB under his name finally changed on its own...

ShooterMcGavin
04-18-2008, 10:33 PM
I wonder if the Medals will be made in china and contain Lead.
yes they most certainly do, in fact i've got a couple of medals lined up just for you...
Gold Medal for calling yousef a redneck
Silver Medal for posing this ridiculous question as if "we" had any control over it
Bronze Medal for being a general bouchedag :goodjob:

Magnus213
04-19-2008, 01:51 AM
People bash on China and attack it for its human rights policies and such, but I must admit that I'm impressed by how efficiently they get stuff done. While other nations are passing laws and going through the technicalities to get one mild idea passed, China has effectively changed multiple, major aspects of its country.

China might not be the best on its citizens, but I admire the efficiency.

SampaGuy
04-19-2008, 09:42 AM
People bash on China and attack it for its human rights policies and such, but I must admit that I'm impressed by how efficiently they get stuff done. While other nations are passing laws and going through the technicalities to get one mild idea passed, China has effectively changed multiple, major aspects of its country.

Its not hard to do when the government has unstoppable power and the people have none.