PDA

View Full Version : Nice Focus

JITB
04-17-2008, 05:51 PM
The owner has 2 of them, this is his track car...crazy clean!!
http://automotive.rihlmann.com/focus-zxt/focus_zxt_01.jpg
http://automotive.rihlmann.com/focus-zxt/focus_zxt_03.jpg
http://automotive.rihlmann.com/focus-zxt/focus_zxt_19.jpg
http://automotive.rihlmann.com/focus-zxt/focus_zxt_17.jpg
http://automotive.rihlmann.com/focus-zxt/focus_zxt_18.jpg

AlanŽ
04-17-2008, 05:52 PM
nice but would never invest in making a focus a track car.

JITB
04-17-2008, 05:54 PM

focus's are GREAT track cars... so ive heard..especially the svt

Nemesis
04-17-2008, 05:56 PM
focus's are GREAT track cars... so ive heard..especially the svt

If it aint a skyline gt-r or a supra it doesnt get respect on here. But coming from a 3G Eclipse owner , cut downs should be taken as a grain of salt.

thepolecat
04-17-2008, 06:02 PM
I hate ford's with a passion- but I must admit, my wifes Focus is actually a very fun and easy car to drive. It just has a lot of little (but expensive) issues.

BTW- that is a very nice Focus.

JITB
04-17-2008, 06:10 PM
why no ford love?

thepolecat
04-17-2008, 06:15 PM
I have just never had any luck with them- they always have so many electrical issues. It is as though when Ford used to see me coming they said "go get the lemon for him"

Thighs
04-17-2008, 06:19 PM
thats a ****ing sickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk focus. i love those cars, especially the SVT. i wish i had the money for one...

Siverprobegt
04-17-2008, 06:26 PM

Why not!!There cheap to get,great suspension,and there motor is strong!!I think there close deck,good for turbo :D

Nemesis
04-17-2008, 06:31 PM
Why not!!There cheap to get,great suspension,and there motor is strong!!I think there close deck,good for turbo :D

Ignorance, plain and simple.

JITB
04-17-2008, 06:32 PM

i dont know how strong the zetec is, but im not too confident on the rods.. but the svt 2.0 motor is very strong!

AnTi-PooN
04-17-2008, 06:34 PM
If it aint a skyline gt-r or a supra it doesnt get respect on here. But coming from a 3G Eclipse owner , cut downs should be taken as a grain of salt.

hahahhahahaha

wantboost
04-17-2008, 06:35 PM
how many track cars have you built? or even easier, how many track days have you been to (as in driven)

http://specfocus.drivenasa.com/

edit: does anyone have a link to the specs or buildup of the car?

DaRussian
04-17-2008, 06:38 PM
Nice car and probably cleanest focus ive ever seen but dont matter what u do to it its still a FORD FOCUS lol

JITB
04-17-2008, 07:00 PM
how many track cars have you built? or even easier, how many track days have you been to (as in driven)

http://specfocus.drivenasa.com/

edit: does anyone have a link to the specs or buildup of the car?

nope, i got it from a close friend of his on club protege...

JITB
04-17-2008, 07:03 PM
Nice car and probably cleanest focus ive ever seen but dont matter what u do to it its still a FORD FOCUS lol

its a little weird, how the cars that people hate so much of in the US, are so so popular everywhere else. most of the cars criticized so harshly are so much better than the popular choice.

fivex684
04-17-2008, 07:13 PM
Thats a very nice Focus. I would take one over a Civic, Celica or Eclipse any day. The people cutting it down more than likely have never driven one.

wantboost
04-17-2008, 07:16 PM
nope, i got it from a close friend of his on club protege...
could you ask him what brand of mirrors those are?

quickdodgeŽ
04-17-2008, 07:17 PM
NOT a nice focus.

Later, QD.

http://www.sandysknitting.com/images/berlin%20295.jpg

JITB
04-17-2008, 07:18 PM
NOT a nice focus.

Later, QD.

http://www.sandysknitting.com/images/berlin%20295.jpg

once again... u do it... :cheers:

AlanŽ
04-17-2008, 07:22 PM
I always find it funny that when people don't agree or like my opinion they immediately attack the car I drive like picked it and I love it when in all actuality it's the exact opposite. Forgive me if you don't like my opinion but quite honestly I just don't give a fucc. It might be awesome around a circuit and in a straight line but I have never liked focus's.

GangstaCoupe
04-17-2008, 07:39 PM
I like it

RUFFIAN
04-17-2008, 07:51 PM
Euro Fords Own all. You better recognize.

Nemesis
04-17-2008, 08:06 PM
I always find it funny that when people don't agree or like my opinion they immediately attack the car I drive like picked it and I love it when in all actuality it's the exact opposite. Forgive me if you don't like my opinion but quite honestly I just don't give a fucc. It might be awesome around a circuit and in a straight line but I have never liked focus's.

Ah , how did I ever know you were going to retort with something like this. So its like this:

Birthday:
December 27, 1988

You were born in 88 which puts you at around 20. Fair enough, fairly young, you were 19 but a few months ago .

You drive a 3G Eclipse, which by no means is a POS beater, but still can be had for around 10 grand and still driven by mexicans that think RS means Really Sexy. You arent made of cash or else you wouldnt be driving one.

And before you say, oh Nemesis look at you, you drive a POS mustang. HA HA Sure its a Mustang, but its far from a POS, and Ive driven and ridden in cars that rival both of ours and I give respect where it needs to be given. I dont follow no brand loyalty and I like owning different types of cars, Im 25, and Ive got plenty of my life to live and I sure as hell am not going to diss a car just because of its name or branding. Ive gone from a Ford , to a Nissan, to a Subaru, and now back in a Ford, not because of any reason but me wanting something different.

So anyways back to the point, you say you drive your car because you liked it and picked? I call BS on that good sir because 99 percent chances are you drive because either

A. Mommy and Daddy bought it for you and you didnt have a choice

B. It was all you could afford, because if you were "ballin" you sure as hell wouldnt be driving that.

Either way, you drive a 3G Eclipse and in conclusion, in your very own we words, WE SIR DONT GIVE A "FUCC" WHAT YOU THINK.

AnTi-PooN
04-17-2008, 08:11 PM
^^^^my hero

JITB
04-17-2008, 08:12 PM
http://www.focusfilms.cc/_image/focusfight.jpg

AlanŽ
04-17-2008, 08:25 PM
Ah , how did I ever know you were going to retort with something like this. So its like this:

Birthday:
December 27, 1988

You were born in 88 which puts you at around 20. Fair enough, fairly young, you were 19 but a few months ago .

You drive a 3G Eclipse, which by no means is a POS beater, but still can be had for around 10 grand and still driven by mexicans that think RS means Really Sexy. You arent made of cash or else you wouldnt be driving one.

And before you say, oh Nemesis look at you, you drive a POS mustang. HA HA Sure its a Mustang, but its far from a POS, and Ive driven and ridden in cars that rival both of ours and I give respect where it needs to be given. I dont follow no brand loyalty and I like owning different types of cars, Im 25, and Ive got plenty of my life to live and I sure as hell am not going to diss a car just because of its name or branding. Ive gone from a Ford , to a Nissan, to a Subaru, and now back in a Ford, not because of any reason but me wanting something different.

So anyways back to the point, you say you drive your car because you liked it and picked? I call BS on that good sir because 99 percent chances are you drive because either

A. Mommy and Daddy bought it for you and you didnt have a choice

B. It was all you could afford, because if you were "ballin" you sure as hell wouldnt be driving that.

Either way, you drive a 3G Eclipse and in conclusion, in your very own we words, WE SIR DONT GIVE A "FUCC" WHAT YOU THINK.
First off all I left out one crucial letter in the post you quoted and allow me to fix before we go into your post.

I always find it funny that when people don't agree or like my opinion they immediately attack the car I drive likeI picked it and I love it when in all actuality it's the exact opposite. Forgive me if you don't like my opinion but quite honestly I just don't give a fucc. It might be awesome around a circuit and in a straight line but I have never liked focus's.

Now that that little typo is fixed, let me adress the rest of your post

1.I agree with you by no means is my a car a POS beater. But like all cars it has it's issues which I actually adressed in a thread elsewhere on the forums but here for your reading pleasure

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 5spd.

*Jeremy Clarkson Voice*
The gear box is rubbish. getting into 1st and 2nd is abit like a virgin trying to find the hole.

The suspension also rubbish feels like a cadilac. Also the turning radius is ridiculous.

The cup holders are in the worst spot they could be right behind the gear lever.

It's heavy

It's slow.

Not the cheapest car to modify

It has a blown O2 sensor which has thrown the car into open loop causing it run rich.

Blown idle speed motor which causes the idle to bounce upon down much like a 16 year old girl on a trampoline.

These things make me absolutely hate this car. even with simple maintinence(sp?) stuff out of the way it still leaves everything else that I hate about the car there.

2.I by no means think that Mustang's are POS's i have friends that have them that also let me drive them on occasion and have a good deal of respect for them.

3. I also concur with you on the "fucc the brand loyalty" statement you made. I give respect where respect is due and yes this focus is definitely not your average beaner mobile but I simply have never liked them. I can't give you a clear explination why but I just don't add in the fact that they are not the safest car in the world and that makes me dislike them more. I had a friend die in the same class as the focus and I will never be caught in somethink like that. That's one thing I can't gripe about in my 3G side airbags FTW.

4. Your final statement the answer is A. But before you go :lmfao: . Allow me to explain why.

I have bought and paid for two cars took care of all expenses and mods on both vehicles prior to obtaining this one. My first vehicle my mom totaled. She forced me into a brand new vehicle which I was able to sort of pick. Then I got screwed because at the time I was 16 and couldn't finance 20k so I got stuck with her ****ty credit rating and a $300/mo car payment over 6 YEARS! Agreement was I was to take care of all the expenses and when the car was paid for I'd get the title. I was ok with that. 2 years and god knows how much money after insurance, gas, payments, mods, etc. She kicks me out and then has the car reported stolen and tries to have me arrested at school. I was left with no choice but to give up that car. That being said when I moved in with my Dad, he was just finishing building his house which was eating up a majority of his income so he couldn't just go out and buy me a car. Hence the 3G. He bought the car when my parents got divorced and the car was driven a total of 50 miles a week TOPS in Norfolk, VA. The car became mine with a few exceptions.Stipulations of the agreement to me getting this car were that all my expenses were to be paid so long as my grades stay up in college. Now would you have said :2up: simply because you didn't like the car? Or would you have said :goodjob: and rode out?

takume
04-17-2008, 08:33 PM
very nice focus. In Europe they have a RS focus which is too bad is not for sales in US.

type_r
04-17-2008, 08:52 PM
Looks pretty sick. Dont see too many modded Focus's, that engine is damn sexy.

manilikecars
04-17-2008, 11:37 PM
very clean car. i'd drive it.

itsnotarex
04-17-2008, 11:41 PM
Euro Fords Own all. You better recognize.

This is entirely true. It seems like the rest of the world gets whatever cool **** ford has, including the GT and all the hot mustangs (which we get as well...but it's ALL we get)....and all we ever get is lots of plastic and not a lot of power potential. Weaksauce.

I will say that I like that focus a hell of a lot. It's very well done. Good stuff!

The Yousef
04-17-2008, 11:44 PM
no RWD cobra conversion no care....

but that is rather sic though :goodjob:

R32Dragon
04-17-2008, 11:45 PM
Nice but in the end,
USDM Focus < Euro Spec Focus

LS2ner
04-18-2008, 12:25 AM
First off all I left out one crucial letter in the post you quoted and allow me to fix before we go into your post.

Now that that little typo is fixed, let me adress the rest of your post

1.I agree with you by no means is my a car a POS beater. But like all cars it has it's issues which I actually adressed in a thread elsewhere on the forums but here for your reading pleasure

These things make me absolutely hate this car. even with simple maintinence(sp?) stuff out of the way it still leaves everything else that I hate about the car there.

2.I by no means think that Mustang's are POS's i have friends that have them that also let me drive them on occasion and have a good deal of respect for them.

3. I also concur with you on the "fucc the brand loyalty" statement you made. I give respect where respect is due and yes this focus is definitely not your average beaner mobile but I simply have never liked them. I can't give you a clear explination why but I just don't add in the fact that they are not the safest car in the world and that makes me dislike them more. I had a friend die in the same class as the focus and I will never be caught in somethink like that. That's one thing I can't gripe about in my 3G side airbags FTW.

4. Your final statement the answer is A. But before you go :lmfao: . Allow me to explain why.

I have bought and paid for two cars took care of all expenses and mods on both vehicles prior to obtaining this one. My first vehicle my mom totaled. She forced me into a brand new vehicle which I was able to sort of pick. Then I got screwed because at the time I was 16 and couldn't finance 20k so I got stuck with her ****ty credit rating and a $300/mo car payment over 6 YEARS! Agreement was I was to take care of all the expenses and when the car was paid for I'd get the title. I was ok with that. 2 years and god knows how much money after insurance, gas, payments, mods, etc. She kicks me out and then has the car reported stolen and tries to have me arrested at school. I was left with no choice but to give up that car. That being said when I moved in with my Dad, he was just finishing building his house which was eating up a majority of his income so he couldn't just go out and buy me a car. Hence the 3G. He bought the car when my parents got divorced and the car was driven a total of 50 miles a week TOPS in Norfolk, VA. The car became mine with a few exceptions.Stipulations of the agreement to me getting this car were that all my expenses were to be paid so long as my grades stay up in college. Now would you have said :2up: simply because you didn't like the car? Or would you have said :goodjob: and rode out?

Dude im not sure when you obtained this inflated ego your sporting, but its becoming more and more annoying. Everyone thread i see you post in, its almost always something smartass-ish. Are you trying to be QD or something? Because it seems like your coping his style more and more often.

I dont have a problem with you, just get tired of clicking into a thread and seeing some idiotic jibberish from you about how whatever car or topic is lame/stupid/ugly/etc. Give it a f**king rest.

SiRed94
04-18-2008, 12:37 AM
its skr8

AlanŽ
04-18-2008, 01:10 AM
Dude im not sure when you obtained this inflated ego your sporting, but its becoming more and more annoying. Everyone thread i see you post in, its almost always something smartass-ish. Are you trying to be QD or something? Because it seems like your coping his style more and more often.

I dont have a problem with you, just get tired of clicking into a thread and seeing some idiotic jibberish from you about how whatever car or topic is lame/stupid/ugly/etc. Give it a f**king rest.
I don't see how the fact that I don't agree with dumping money into a focus to make it a track car makes it seem like I have a "inflated ego".

Is it a nice car? Yes. Would I rock it? No. Do I have respect for it yes? Yes. Would I drive a boosted Focus? No.

Sorry if that post makes me come off as a pompus ******* but I'm simply tired of the fact that I give my opinion and because I drive an a 3rd Generation Eclipse that automatically makes my opinion worthless. Hence why I took the time to respond to Nemesis post.

I am not trying to copy QD in anyway as that would simply take away from the hillarity of his posts.

Sorry if you feel that my posts about some of the cars in this section have been jiberish(guessing your reffering to the HRE Aston Martin thread). I just have a different opinion of high dollar cars than most people.

Anyways reps for being cool about it. I'm kinda browsing fleabay looking at car's I was intrested in a few years ago Lincoln LS, SLK32, Z3 Coupe, etc. :goodjob: . Came back to see if anything new was posted

LS2ner
04-18-2008, 01:19 AM
I don't see how the fact that I don't agree with dumping money into a focus to make it a track car makes it seem like I have a "inflated ego".

Is it a nice car? Yes. Would I rock it? No. Do I have respect for it yes? Yes. Would I drive a boosted Focus? No.

Sorry if that post makes me come off as a pompus ******* but I'm simply tired of the fact that I give my opinion and because I drive an a 3rd Generation Eclipse that automatically makes my opinion worthless. Hence why I took the time to respond to Nemesis post.

I am not trying to copy QD in anyway as that would simply take away from the hillarity of his posts.

Sorry if you feel that my posts about some of the cars in this section have been jiberish(guessing your reffering to the HRE Aston Martin thread). I just have a different opinion of high dollar cars than most people.

Anyways reps for being cool about it. I'm kinda browsing fleabay looking at car's I was intrested in a few years ago Lincoln LS, SLK32, Z3 Coupe, etc. :goodjob: . Came back to see if anything new was posted

I wasnt referring to any certain post, just making a generalization. Maybe i misread some of your recent posts. It just seemed like no matter what was posted you just give a unimpressed better-than-thou comment.

I could be wrong, just asking.

AlanŽ
04-18-2008, 01:32 AM
I wasnt referring to any certain post, just making a generalization. Maybe i misread some of your recent posts. It just seemed like no matter what was posted you just give a unimpressed better-than-thou comment.

I could be wrong, just asking.
hmmmm.....you know what I honestly don't have an explination for why you would think that other ther than during the day I don't have much time to post so they kinda get rushed and brunt. But believe me I am not that type of person.

Siverprobegt
04-18-2008, 06:09 AM
i dont know how strong the zetec is, but im not too confident on the rods.. but the svt 2.0 motor is very strong!

A stock focus can support 300hp on turbo or about 15psi..It's been done many times...Rod and piston is not expensive.It least you don't need to have the block sleeve :D

Jecht
04-18-2008, 06:29 AM
Euro spec focus > USDM

They make better versions of all sorts of cars in different parts of the world, but we don't get them. :(