PDA

View Full Version : Oil Change at the Dealership

Nikola
04-17-2008, 04:58 PM
Went to the Mazda dealership to get my oil change and as usual it took them more than 2 hours to do it. But on my way home I notice some smoke coming through my vent system and under the hood, so i pull over to take a look at wahts going... THOSE IDIOTS FORGOT TO SCREW THE OILCAP BACK ON AND IT WAS SPILLING OIL EVERYWHERE. The cap was somewhre behind the engine.
I could not believe that they can forget to do something like that.

quickdodge®
04-17-2008, 05:03 PM
If something's fucced up, you may have your own Mazda dealership. Later, QD.

MistaCee
04-17-2008, 05:04 PM

In that case hook me up with a Madza:boobies:

EJ25RUN
04-17-2008, 05:05 PM
im good friends with my mechanic, that way i know he wont forget anything.

Reaper
04-17-2008, 05:13 PM
two people NOT to piss off....

your doctor and your mechanic

quickdodge®
04-17-2008, 05:14 PM
two people NOT to piss off....

your doctor and your mechanic

Three people. The "cook" at Burger King (or any other food joint you eat at). Lolol. Later, QD.

LiL PaKi
04-17-2008, 05:16 PM
did u call them and let them know what happend?.. if so, what did they say?

Nikola
04-17-2008, 05:26 PM
yeah i called them right away. they took the car to clean everything up and gave me an rx8 loaner wich i tore the f*** up. the service dep manager aplogized. the engine light didnt come on or anything and it drove just fine.

Double_0_Rusty
04-17-2008, 05:28 PM

Actually, if anything is messed up engine wise, they should fix it at no charge to the customer, if they are honest people. It has happend at my dealership, except the dipsh!t forgot to put the oil filter on the car, drove it approx 3 miles, to check the brakes out, and the engine locked up. We replaced the engine, with no charge to customer, as it was still under warranty. So, I highly doubt he'd be able to "have his own Mazda dealership." Just my :2cents: .

~Puts on flame suit, and ready for QD's attack~:lmfao:

Reaper
04-17-2008, 05:30 PM
Three people. The "cook" at Burger King (or any other food joint you eat at). Lolol. Later, QD.

bwahahaha goodpoint:lmfao:

LiL PaKi
04-17-2008, 05:31 PM
did u get ur money back for the oil change?

quickdodge®
04-17-2008, 05:34 PM
Actually, if anything is messed up engine wise, they should fix it at no charge to the customer, if they are honest people. It has happend at my dealership, except the dipsh!t forgot to put the oil filter on the car, drove it approx 3 miles, to check the brakes out, and the engine locked up. We replaced the engine, with no charge to customer, as it was still under warranty. So, I highly doubt he'd be able to "have his own Mazda dealership." Just my :2cents: .

~Puts on flame suit, and ready for QD's attack~:lmfao:
Hey you asscracking, sack jockeying, anal spelunker....how about shutting the fucc up and realizing that I was joking.

Now take off that flame suit. You look like Richard Simmons getting dolled up for a night on the town with the Naval guy from the Village People. Lolol. Later, QD.

Nikola
04-17-2008, 05:35 PM
ohhh yeah money back and they gave me around 10 free oil change coupons...

LiL PaKi
04-17-2008, 05:36 PM

lol

Double_0_Rusty
04-17-2008, 05:42 PM
Hey you asscracking, sack jockeying, anal spelunker....how about shutting the fucc up and realizing that I was joking.

Now take off that flame suit. You look like Richard Simmons getting dolled up for a night on the town with the Naval guy from the Village People. Lolol. Later, QD.

Hey you taint licking, scat eating, closested homo....how about not making me laugh so fuccing hard next time. LOL

I actually like my flame suit, want to see pics? :boobies:

:lmfao: :lmfao:

redpanda
04-17-2008, 06:03 PM
that's why i try to change my oil myself as much as possible. If I ever have to take it to a shop, I stand in front of them to make sure they don't do anything fishy

IndianStig
04-17-2008, 06:09 PM
Get a new car outta it. New motor at the LEAST. Settle for nothing less. Also, MSP6 loaner car!

IndianStig
04-17-2008, 06:10 PM

**** that, that means they're only gonna do it again

EJ25RUN
04-17-2008, 06:11 PM

did you make sure they arn't for sh!t oil?

koukis14
04-17-2008, 09:27 PM
What dealership was this?

BKgen®
04-17-2008, 09:32 PM
that's why i try to change my oil myself

:werd:

i always change my own oil, except for the occasional dealership services.

Batlground
04-17-2008, 09:36 PM
10 oil change coupons... thats like...hold on...carry the two...2 1/2 years of free oil changes. Not to mention 10 more opportunities for them to buy you a new engine/car.

Kaiser
04-17-2008, 09:57 PM
that's why i try to change my oil myself as much as possible. If I ever have to take it to a shop, I stand in front of them to make sure they don't do anything fishy

You do realize that, at a dealership, that would require you to stand in front of them for TWO ENTIRE HOURS while they mostly did no work to your vehicle after draining the oil out to ensure you couldn't get frustrated, ask for your keys back and leave?

Alternatively, you could get your oil changed at Jiffy Lube, where you might still have an oil cap not be put on the engine, but it's because they changed your oil in less than ten minutes rather than because they were too ****ing stupid to add two minutes to the time it took to finish your car at the dealership. Oh, and I've worked at the J for a while now, and I've only had one car (Out of literally hundreds and hundreds) claim we left their oil cap off. We paid to clean the engine block and bay and offered her free oil changes. She still had oil half way through the crosshatches on her dipstick...this was after a 1,200 mile trip too.

PS: Most Jiffy Lube's really don't care if you watch us do the work. It gives us a chance to prove we do things right. Though, before you question us, make sure you have an understanding of how your car works. They don't call it a 2.0 Liter "V-4" because it takes "Two Liters of Oil."

Double_0_Rusty
04-17-2008, 10:37 PM
You do realize that, at a dealership, that would require you to stand in front of them for TWO ENTIRE HOURS while they mostly did no work to your vehicle after draining the oil out to ensure you couldn't get frustrated, ask for your keys back and leave?

Alternatively, you could get your oil changed at Jiffy Lube, where you might still have an oil cap not be put on the engine, but it's because they changed your oil in less than ten minutes rather than because they were too ****ing stupid to add two minutes to the time it took to finish your car at the dealership. Oh, and I've worked at the J for a while now, and I've only had one car (Out of literally hundreds and hundreds) claim we left their oil cap off. We paid to clean the engine block and bay and offered her free oil changes. She still had oil half way through the crosshatches on her dipstick...this was after a 1,200 mile trip too.

PS: Most Jiffy Lube's really don't care if you watch us do the work. It gives us a chance to prove we do things right. Though, before you question us, make sure you have an understanding of how your car works. They don't call it a 2.0 Liter "V-4" because it takes "Two Liters of Oil."

So, I work for a Chevy dealership, and we have never had a customer sit for two hours for an oil change. That's ridiculous. Oh, and about Jiffy Lube's......here's a LINK! (http://technorati.com/videos/youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DwiCAJ8ULnaI).

I have seen alot of cars come to my shop, after coming from Jiffy Lube, work they paid for wasn't performed, or they didn't make sure the oil filter wasn't double sealed, leaking fuel filters, tranmission lines, ect ect. Im sure that you don't do this at your highly respectable Jiffy Lube, but for me working at a dealership, and having jiffy lube employees bashing dealerships is mildy ironic to me. Oh well.

Edit: Im half drunk, so none of that will probably make sense.

redpanda
04-17-2008, 11:08 PM

touche

chrisdavis
04-18-2008, 07:58 AM

Why should I pay almost 40 dollars for an oil change at jiffy lube, when everyone else around me does it for less than 25? I honestly dont understand how the one by my house manages to stay open, it is almost always empty

I have a shop by me that is very honest and does great work that changes the oil in my truck for 20. And there is a Quick Lane at the dealership that does oil in my wife's car (we got a coupon book when we bought the car and I have yet to pay for an oil change in the past three years, plus i got about 2 more years worth of coupons :D )

Wurm
04-18-2008, 08:23 AM
Why should I pay almost 40 dollars for an oil change at jiffy lube, when everyone else around me does it for less than 25? I honestly dont understand how the one by my house manages to stay open, it is almost always empty

I have a shop by me that is very honest and does great work that changes the oil in my truck for 20. And there is a Quick Lane at the dealership that does oil in my wife's car (we got a coupon book when we bought the car and I have yet to pay for an oil change in the past three years, plus i got about 2 more years worth of coupons :D )

yeah my dad has 7 years of free oil changes on his truck. I told him that he would buy another one before the 7 years was up

HeLLo iM iZzY
04-18-2008, 08:57 AM
Just do your own.

osiriskidd
04-18-2008, 10:43 AM

only thing reputable about JiffyLube is they rip you off and laugh at you. the link rusty provided was going to be my argument as well. does this mean ALL JL's do it? no.

but im sure as hell not taking the risks.

Double_0_Rusty
04-18-2008, 11:54 AM
only thing reputable about JiffyLube is they rip you off and laugh at you. the link rusty provided was going to be my argument as well. does this mean ALL JL's do it? no.

but im sure as hell not taking the risks.

My point exactly.

Ruiner
04-18-2008, 01:00 PM
A. Do your own oil.

B. Even if they blow up your car, you'll probably never get more than the car's replacement value from a lawsuit.

gforce23
04-18-2008, 01:14 PM
B. Even if they blow up your car, you'll probably never get more than the car's replacement value from a lawsuit.
Lost wages? Mental trauma? Lowered sex drive due to depression? Who's gonna pay for that?

Ruiner
04-18-2008, 02:00 PM
Lost wages? Mental trauma? Lowered sex drive due to depression? Who's gonna pay for that?

Lost wagers perhaps...however, unlike what most people think, lawsuits are not really like what you see on TV shows.

UpSideDownDesi
04-18-2008, 02:39 PM
10 free oil changes? Make sure they are Premium changes not basic oil changes.