PDA

View Full Version : Reason #1 why im selling my civic...

©hris
04-16-2008, 06:28 PM
The civic has become my DD. I am actually going to be selling it in about 6 months and was thinking about upgrading to an IS300.... why???

IM SICK OF PEOPLE REVVING THERE DAMN ENGINES AT ME!!

Today im just peacefully cruising down PHill after work and pass a 4 door 1994ish civic that was primered and cut off muffler. He whips it into my lane behind me cutting off the car that was originally behind me, rides my ass, then starts revving his engine..... :rolleyes: continues to ride my ass until he can get over and floors it.... i get up next to him, rolled down my window and said.... :screwy: :no: and he was like :???: :thinking: and I was like :lmfao:

so then the V6 mustang (new one) in front of him (16-18 year old kid w/ braces) starts slowing down... getting next to me.... then floors it.... repeat. He did this prob 4 times (IN TRAFFIC)..... so then I pulled up along side him and said.... :screwy: :no: and he was like :???: :thinking: and I was like :lmfao:

Oh and finally ya gotta love when the Camaros, Vettes, Subys, Evos, etc.... when they do that kinda **** I just... :look: :slap:

So yeah... Dropped IS300 .... :goodjob:

EJ25RUN
04-16-2008, 06:30 PM
going all toyota i see.

©hris
04-16-2008, 06:30 PM
The other reasons do not matter.... reason #1 is good enough....

Revmaynard
04-16-2008, 06:31 PM
Was it not your DD before?

©hris
04-16-2008, 06:32 PM
going all toyota i see.

yeah... its interesting how many people will from Domestic to FWD to RWD Turbo. Prob A LOT on this site went that route

©hris
04-16-2008, 06:33 PM
Was it not your DD before?

lol it is but i cant stand driving it so I end up driving the MR2 every day. The MR2 is getting a stage 3 clutch in next week.... when I turned the boost up the clutch didnt like that much lol

edit*** reason why i have been driving the civic lately

IndianStig
04-16-2008, 06:36 PM
Did the civic ever get boosted?

mocha latte cupcake
04-16-2008, 06:38 PM
i think you're selling it b/c you're afraid my DD is faster :ninja:

©hris
04-16-2008, 06:38 PM
Did the civic ever get boosted?

nahh. The alternative to that was buying the MR2.

Dracc
04-16-2008, 06:39 PM
naw i remember when we sat at the round table and talked about boosting chrises car... i knew it wasnt going to happen when he got the MR2

©hris
04-16-2008, 06:40 PM
i think you're selling it b/c you're afraid my DD is faster :ninja:

lol I can't be scared of something that I agree on :D

mocha latte cupcake
04-16-2008, 06:43 PM
EL OH EL.... well i'm also sorry to hear of MS.2's slipping...

©hris
04-16-2008, 06:43 PM
Im actually happy to say that the lines where my kits molded is cracking!!!now i'll b able to find the stock body lines and clean up the outside with a nice clean front... then Chuck w/ the widebody MR2 is getting his painted gunmetal color and I think I am too. We are going to try to match the 2 up as much as we can with the Paint and wheels but his will be widebody and mine wont.

Reaper
04-16-2008, 06:49 PM
If you honestly think your not going to get revved at in an IS300 you've got another thing coming.

*previous IS300 owner of 3years*

and mine was bone stock (exterior)

all it was was a damn drop/tint and some bolt ons...I was revved at ATLEAST once a day

jaystar
04-16-2008, 06:49 PM
man i drive a si ppl try 2 race me all the time i jus pay no mind 2 them

Alan®
04-16-2008, 06:52 PM
If you honestly think your not going to get revved at in an IS300 you've got another thing coming.

*previous IS300 owner of 3years*

and mine was bone stock (exterior)

all it was was a damn drop/tint and some bolt ons...I was revved at ATLEAST once a day
Yea but that's because when you have the window's rolled down you look like a fat paul walker. :lmfao: :lmfao: . So you sold it again huh?

OneSlow5pt0
04-16-2008, 06:53 PM
im sorry for reving at u.... =[

Reaper
04-16-2008, 06:54 PM
Yea but that's because when you have the window's rolled down you look like a fat paul walker. :lmfao: :lmfao: . So you sold it again huh?

ok first off, just because I'm 100lbs heavier than you doesn't make me a fat paul walker...it just makes you skinny as ****...(I'm 6'2" 205lbs for those of you that dont know) and your right my windows were always down...but it wasn't like I was driving like a dumbass everywhere.

and I have a buyer lined up. Thank the lord. buhbye IS3!

Alan®
04-16-2008, 06:59 PM
ok first off, just because I'm 100lbs heavier than you doesn't make me a fat paul walker...it just makes you skinny as ****...(I'm 6'2" 205lbs for those of you that dont know) and your right my windows were always down...but it wasn't like I was driving like a dumbass everywhere.

and I have a buyer lined up. Thank the lord. buhbye IS3!
I'm just messin with you man. LOL. So what's next or is that? :ninja:

Revmaynard
04-16-2008, 06:59 PM
I had a guy pull next to me in another S10 (I was in my Blazer) and slow to a roll next to me and stomp it and not 30 seconds later a cop pulled him over LOL. I'm just worried I'd get pulled over with his dumbass because the cop thinks we're street racing.

green91
04-16-2008, 07:02 PM
I dont think its a civic thing, hell i have people rev up at me in my truck.

But you should definitely get a stage 3 turbo kit and stage 5 clutch for the is300. a stage 2 nos kit may be nice for the mr deuce.

Reaper
04-16-2008, 07:07 PM
I'm just messin with you man. LOL. So what's next or is that? :ninja:

I'm going to pay off my credit card, and then sell my suv...finance another suv (Porsche Cayenne or yukon Denali)..then later after I'm more comfortable financially and get my new condo, I'll get a toy. (porsche 911, c5zo6, supra, e46 m3...something along those lines)

Reaper
04-16-2008, 07:11 PM
I dont think its a civic thing, hell i have people rev up at me in my truck.

But you should definitely get a stage 3 turbo kit and stage 5 clutch for the is300. a stage 2 nos kit may be nice for the mr deuce.

You people don't realize that you can't just "throw on" a turbo kit to an IS300. Look at dan's *ggpis3* he has more money in his IS300 and still its down for the ladder half of 4 years.

you have to upgrade

tranny=2-4k depending on reliability/power
internals-GTE=800
exhaust=600+
custom fab=God knows
suspension=atleast a grand
aem ems(no do not go with piggyback you'll regret it)=2k
Turbo kit=4-6grand
all other misc.part=give or take 1500-2grand
Labor=a fu*k ton

its not a damn civic lol

mocha latte cupcake
04-16-2008, 07:13 PM
he has spoken.... Lexus gets you sexus but Spool is teh expensive...

Alan®
04-16-2008, 07:14 PM
You people don't realize that you can't just "throw on" a turbo kit to an IS300. Look at dan's *ggpis3* he has more money in his IS300 and still its down for the ladder half of 4 years.

you have to upgrade

internals-GTE=800
exhaust=600+
custom fab=God knows
Turbo kit=4-6grand
Labor=a fu*k ton

its not a damn civic lol
Which is exactly why id rather have an SC

Reaper
04-16-2008, 07:15 PM
he has spoken.... Lexus gets you sexus but Spool is teh expensive...

I just know wtf I'm talking about...I've did my research, and after going through turbo set ups time and again with dan....it's just SO expensive to boost an IS300. They are the sex when you do it...but you've gotta do it right. plan on dropping ATLEAST 10-15k in it to do it right

mocha latte cupcake
04-16-2008, 07:16 PM

a SC huh? you'd rather have a Small C ock? :thinking: wow i wonder if my mod powers can do that? lol

Reaper
04-16-2008, 07:16 PM
a SC huh? you'd rather have a Small ****? :thinking: wow i wonder if my mom powers can do that? lol

hahhhahahahahhahah!!!:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Alan®
04-16-2008, 07:22 PM
a SC huh? you'd rather have a Small C ock? :thinking: wow i wonder if my mod powers can do that? lol
:2up: I hope you never find that relay and that everybody that has one magically all run out at the same time.

yungdz
04-16-2008, 07:23 PM
Surprisingly I don't get revved at by civics with my exhaust and carbon fiber hood scoop. Whenever I pass one that looks like he will do something he just looks at my car. I think they are afraid to get sucked in by the scoop.

quickdodge®
04-16-2008, 07:25 PM
I've never understood why someone would rev at a Civic in the first place. Later, QD.

blaknoize
04-16-2008, 07:27 PM
I seem to get exclusively challenged by Mexican's up here... in three instances.

mocha latte cupcake
04-16-2008, 07:31 PM
:2up: I hope you never find that relay and that everybody that has one magically all run out at the same time.

now now now play nice.... :lmfao: besides... not everyon has teh pleasure of having time attack wheels on their 3rd gens :lmfao:

Alan®
04-16-2008, 07:35 PM
now now now play nice.... :lmfao: besides... not everyon has teh pleasure of having time attack wheels on their 3rd gens :lmfao:
I admit defeat. :lmfao: . You got me. The more I drive this car the more I want something else but that's not gonna happen :no:

green91
04-16-2008, 07:36 PM

please realize i was making fun of his terminology of installing a "stage 3 clutch". i am fully aware of what an is300 would require. i have worked on many 2jz's. and while i have talked to dan several times and like his car, just because its a turbo is300 doesn't mean its gotta have a lot of downtime, and having a lot of money invested doesn't necessarily mean it will be reliable.

mocha latte cupcake
04-16-2008, 07:36 PM
aww i feel sad now... its ok... i almost bought a 3rd gen when they came out.. as long as you enjoy your car man thats all that matters... mod for your own taste... not others... thats how trends start...

Alan®
04-16-2008, 07:41 PM
aww i feel sad now... its ok... i almost bought a 3rd gen when they came out.. as long as you enjoy your car man thats all that matters... mod for your own taste... not others... thats how trends start...
It puts a smile on my face everyonce in awhile but that's about it. Gonna redo the suspension this summer and the stereo and call it a day. No point in me wasting more money than I have to on a car I really don't like.

green91
04-16-2008, 07:46 PM
infact, the more i read your post ive gotta conclude you are borderline retarted. a n/a 2jz-fe block can handle low to moderate boost without internals. you think a civic can put down big power on a stock block?

you have to upgrade

internals-GTE=800
exhaust=600+
custom fab=God knows
Turbo kit=4-6grand
Labor=a fu*k ton

its not a damn civic lol

green91
04-16-2008, 07:47 PM

you do realize that a s/c actually puts MORE load on an engine per WHP produced than a turbo right?

Alan®
04-16-2008, 07:49 PM
you do realize that a s/c actually puts MORE load on an engine per WHP produced than a turbo right?
:headslap: You know before you go around acting like you know everything don't. I meant SC as in SC300

green91
04-16-2008, 07:52 PM
Thats a misunderstanding because you weren't clear and i assumed you meant supercharged. But at the same time, sc300 and is300 both have the same motor with the exception of VVT-i on (some) of the IS. So it would incidentally be the same problems

On_Her_Face
04-16-2008, 07:54 PM
The civic has become my DD. I am actually going to be selling it in about 6 months and was thinking about upgrading to an IS300.... why???

Today im just peacefully cruising down PHill after work and pass a 4 door 1994ish civic that was primered and cut off muffler. He whips it into my lane behind me cutting off the car that was originally behind me, rides my ass, then starts revving his engine..... :rolleyes: continues to ride my ass until he can get over and floors it.... i get up next to him, rolled down my window and said.... :screwy: :no: and he was like :???: :thinking: and I was like :lmfao:

so then the V6 mustang (new one) in front of him (16-18 year old kid w/ braces) starts slowing down... getting next to me.... then floors it.... repeat. He did this prob 4 times (IN TRAFFIC)..... so then I pulled up along side him and said.... :screwy: :no: and he was like :???: :thinking: and I was like :lmfao:

Oh and finally ya gotta love when the Camaros, Vettes, Subys, Evos, etc.... when they do that kinda **** I just... :look: :slap:

Please tell me the V6 mustang was blue with silver stripes

Deke
04-16-2008, 07:57 PM
Surprisingly I don't get revved at by civics with my exhaust and carbon fiber hood scoop. Whenever I pass one that looks like he will do something he just looks at my car. I think they are afraid to get sucked in by the scoop.

Haha, I was going to say the same. I rarely ever get messed with by people on the road. I guess I'm just lucky...

Alan®
04-16-2008, 08:03 PM
Thats a misunderstanding because you weren't clear and i assumed you meant supercharged. But at the same time, sc300 and is300 both have the same motor with the exception of VVT-i on (some) of the IS. So it would incidentally be the same problems
I would think with you "extensive knowledge" of toyota acronym you would know that if I meant Supercharger I would have said S.C. or S/C and not SC for SC300.

Reaper
04-16-2008, 08:03 PM
infact, the more i read your post ive gotta conclude you are borderline retarted. a n/a 2jz-fe block can handle low to moderate boost without internals. you think a civic can put down big power on a stock block?

Sorry, I didn't make this clear...I'm talking more than 450whp.

internals go byebye at 450whp

the w55tranny(stock) goes between 300-350hp
the w58 goes between 400-420
the R154 can handle 700ish
V160 can take 1000

Using ANY kind of piggy back is stupid for an IS3. haltec and aem ems are the best/safest ways to go. $$$$

excuse me for not clarifying that. Dan has explained to me time and again, if you do it right, SPEND THE MONEY THE FIRST TIME INSTEAD OF GOING CHEAP. So yea, your right, just because you have alot of money in something doesn't necessairly mean its reliable. IF YOU DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME AND SPEND THE MONEY WISELY, IT WILL BE.

sry I glanced @ your post in the first place, and had just gotten through a discussion about it w/someone else. bad timing I suppose.

But I know wtf I'm talking about.:goodjob:

green91
04-16-2008, 08:06 PM
I would think with you "extensive knowledge" of toyota acronym you would know that if I meant Supercharger I would have said S.C. or S/C and not SC for SC300.

Thats splitting hairs a little bit don't you think? Ive never heard of a JRS.C. or a JRS/C before.

green91
04-16-2008, 08:11 PM
Sorry, I didn't make this clear...I'm talking more than 450whp.

Incidentally the internals are the same between the ge and the gte with the exceptions of pistons and oil squirters but i do agree with you. its cool

chinitoxamor
04-16-2008, 08:16 PM
well let me know when u wanna sell it!!

BlkCD5
04-16-2008, 08:22 PM
Getting an SC wouldn't be much of a difference. Older car, so, you'd be spending money fixing the stuff that does go wrong before the swap or engine build(if that happens).

MistaCee
04-16-2008, 08:55 PM
People are going to still rev at you so thats not a good reason...

Ed
04-17-2008, 01:31 PM
If i had a civic i'd sell it because it was a civic...

Leisa
04-17-2008, 01:35 PM

I can soooooooo relate... when Brett had his Civic people revved at him all the time, if only they knew that damn thing was slow as hell...lol

Sammich
04-17-2008, 01:35 PM
post price or go to hades

©hris
04-17-2008, 03:56 PM
please realize i was making fun of his terminology of installing a "stage 3 clutch". i am fully aware of what an is300 would require. i have worked on many 2jz's. and while i have talked to dan several times and like his car, just because its a turbo is300 doesn't mean its gotta have a lot of downtime, and having a lot of money invested doesn't necessarily mean it will be reliable.

Clutch isnt for the IS lol its for the MR2

Ran
04-17-2008, 03:58 PM
yeah... its interesting how many people will from Domestic to FWD to RWD Turbo. Prob A LOT on this site went that routeI actually went in the opposite direction.

Mazdaspeed Miata -> Yaris -> Mustang

:D

©hris
04-17-2008, 03:58 PM
not doing anything to the IS.... i just wanna drive it. I want a 4 door thats nice and comfy... something sporty looking and has some power.

I just want a normal car to drive and not something i will be putting a lot of money into.

Im paying off my civic in 6 months. I just paid off my credit cards and owe $1200 to the IRS for taxes.

I am trying to kick the tuner addiction and make it more of a hobby rather than going broke every paycheck because i gotta buy new **** lol

©hris
04-17-2008, 04:01 PM
Please tell me the V6 mustang was blue with silver stripes

no it was Red

©hris
04-17-2008, 04:02 PM
well let me know when u wanna sell it!!

sell it right now for $7000... navi isnt in it anymore. stock radio and stock seats are back in it. 112000mi

©hris
04-17-2008, 04:04 PM
I can soooooooo relate... when Brett had his Civic people revved at him all the time, if only they knew that damn thing was slow as hell...lol

i thought about getting a sticker that says.... (0-60....Got a minute?)

BTLFED
04-17-2008, 07:19 PM
So I read the first post in this thread and the first thing that came to my mind was....

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll178/slowpoke77/whofarkingcareor3.jpg

quickdodge®
04-17-2008, 08:13 PM
So I read the first post in this thread and the first thing that came to my mind was....

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll178/slowpoke77/whofarkingcareor3.jpg

Did you ever find your answer? Later, QD.

redrumracer
04-17-2008, 08:21 PM
If i had a civic i'd sell it because it was a civic...
id do it because it was a honda

Double_0_Rusty
04-17-2008, 08:23 PM
I have people rev at me when I am in my truck.

chinitoxamor
04-18-2008, 01:27 AM
sell it right now for $7000... navi isnt in it anymore. stock radio and stock seats are back in it. 112000mi

PM me.. for contact

GTScoob
04-18-2008, 02:07 AM
Go for the IS300 sportcross. Then you'll definately never have anyone rev at you.

I second YungDz, I never get revved on in my car.

BlkCD5
04-18-2008, 01:33 PM
originally posted by GTScoob
Go for the IS300 sportcross. Then you'll definately never have anyone rev at you.

cus they already know