PDA

View Full Version : unlock phones

Wurm
04-15-2008, 01:23 PM
Anyone on here feel like doing me a favor and unlocking a phone for me. Its a cingular blackjack want to try to use it on the nextel network

thinkfast®
04-15-2008, 01:28 PM
http://tinypic.com/3ycfayx.gif

Blitanicle99
04-15-2008, 05:36 PM
Search google for instructions. Thats how I figured out how to unlock my sync.

gtikid
04-15-2008, 05:42 PM
I'm pretty sure you won't be able to use on Nextel's network, unless you know someone that has already done it.

Even though both AT&T and Nextel use SIM cards, their networks/towers are different. Nextel runs off iDEN and AT&T uses GSM, so technically the phone shouldn't work, even if it was unlocked, because when it's unlocked, it's unlocked only to other GSM networks

thinkfast®
04-15-2008, 05:55 PM
WHAT HAPPENED TO PRACTICE JULIAN

PINCHE COLOMIDGET :D

Slow Motion
04-15-2008, 05:58 PM
hmmm....will it work cap'm.

nextelbuddy
04-15-2008, 08:20 PM
no this will not work.

blackjack is GSM based and nextel phones are IDEN network based. the only phone that could be used on IDEN and GSM was the i930 and even that had to be modified through software patches to work.

all SIM based GSM carriers ATT, ALLTEL, TMOBILE, SUNCOM, ROGERS etc can used each others sims in theor phones as long as the subsidy lock is removed

for nextel phones the only other sim you can use in the nextel phones is SOUTHERNLINC a regional based southern company that uses the same technology for their phones as well as BOOST MOBILE phone since these 2 companies use IDEN technology for their service.

your answer is no you can not do it.

your blackjack MAY read the contacts on it if even that and thats it.