PDA

View Full Version : Misc So how many of you don't believe in shit...

quickdodgeŽ
08-15-2005, 02:53 PM
I don't know if I believe or disbelieve. I have strong fors and againsts on the subject. I do know that I don't trust Christian(or most Church) people. They definitely do NOT practice what they preach and are quite backstabbing(only if I let them close enough to do so). I want to believe, but I have a hard time believing that a good God would let people that are good in life, suffer and then have a goo afterlife. While the bad folks that do nothing but worng live it up. I understand the idea that when you die, you will "have it made" while the bad people will rot in hell. But why should a person that tries to do good in life, make an honest living suffer while in life? That's what gets me. This is sort of a rant/discussion, not intended to be a personal attack on anyone and their religion. Later, QD.

tony
08-15-2005, 03:34 PM
but I have a hard time believing that a good God would let people that are good in life, suffer and then have a goo afterlife.

I'm not deeply religious but I'll drop my two cents in. First of all I dont think god "lets" anything happen, not everyone is dealt the same stack of cards but if he gives you the ability to wake up every morning and walk out and make some difference in this world, what other blessing do you need?

Trust me, the ones who are lying and deceiving may give off the impression that they are living the perfect life, but if you have to do all of that then you are not happy with yourself.

I think god has a plan for everyone, I havent been in church in years but my theory on it is, if I continue to keep my faith in god and understand that everything I accomplish is only possible through him then I cannot fail regardless of what someone else may say. I could be wrong but its worked so far..

quickdodgeŽ
08-15-2005, 03:47 PM
^^^ Well that's basically the same answer I get, but it isn't satisfactory to me. There may not be a satisfactory answer. I mean, I know I can't just expect to be handed a good life, I have to work for it. But I know how hard I try and I seem to get nowhere with it. It's just real disconcerting. Later, QD.

technoteg97
08-15-2005, 03:48 PM
Blah I dont go to church or anywhere to pray.

tony
08-15-2005, 03:59 PM
I'm just like you in the sense that I cannot stand most church people..my family comes from a deeply religious background and I always went the other way.

How do you feel about taking risks in life? I know it is somewhat difficult especially when you have a child but sometimes you have to go against what is considered the norm and try something different. Weather the risk with faith and knowledge and I think you'll be okay. You seem to be a smart guy and I know you probably have some ideas in the back of your head that you would like to pursue, we all do.

raven97990
08-15-2005, 04:01 PM
It is said in scripture that Jesus has endured all, he has suffered all things. And as such he knows the strength needed to endure such trials. It is also said that the Lord shall not suffer you to endure things which are greater then your ability to endure.

So simply put, God knows all, knows what you can handle... So if you at some point can't figure out why you are suffering something, and you don't have faith that you'll make it, remember God has faith in you.

Hulud
08-15-2005, 04:54 PM
i think most know how i feel (and hate me for it) lol

ruah_23
08-15-2005, 05:12 PM
I don't know if I believe or disbelieve. I have strong fors and againsts on the subject. I do know that I don't trust Christian(or most Church) people. They definitely do NOT practice what they preach and are quite backstabbing(only if I let them close enough to do so)..

I don't know but if I see somone who really practice what they preach than I think it's prolly Jesus coming the second time ya know? All of us ain't perfect QD.I know I am not and I will not be even till I die.Even God knows that..that's why he won't send Jesus at the first place. I am not a good Christian by beleiving that I shld preach abt God ect ect...I think the best preach is showing how I live as a Christian and the non-beleivers know what's ur religion without even mentioning anything to them.

I want to believe, but I have a hard time believing that a good God would let people that are good in life, suffer and then have a goo afterlife. While the bad folks that do nothing but worng live it up. I understand the idea that when you die, you will "have it made" while the bad people will rot in hell. But why should a person that tries to do good in life, make an honest living suffer while in life? That's what gets me. This is sort of a rant/discussion, not intended to be a personal attack on anyone and their religion. Later, QD.

I don't know the answer to your question neither my priest or any other religious advisor. All I can tell you is that the only way to beleive in GOD is through experience. I can't just beleive in God by someone preaching the bible or whatver the priest says during mass on Sun, but I beleive in God by my life's experience..how I have improved...and why God plan it this way and not the other way.

Again this happened because I have the foundation that God exist. I don't know what to say to people who think otherwise....The best words so far that I've found is from the movie 'the signs' .
There are two types of people in this world. When they see a sign or something happen to them, the first grp see it as a mircale.That there's a God who is there to protect them.The second grp of people see it as just pure luck or see it as their own achievements and when bad things happen they are only by themselves all alone......So which grp are u?

quickdodgeŽ
08-15-2005, 05:55 PM
Ruah, in your first quote of mine, my comment on the "they don't practice what they preach" thing means that they are supposed to not throw judgemnet on people and stuff of that sort. But, too me, it seems they are the first to do so. I've came to a church countless times in my day and these people see my tattoos and instantly brandish me a bad person, talking shit and whispering shit about why am I there and what dirt have I done. Casting the first stone, so to speak? Later, QD.

ruah_23
08-15-2005, 06:11 PM
Ruah, in your first quote of mine, my comment on the "they don't practice what they preach" thing means that they are supposed to not throw judgemnet on people and stuff of that sort. But, too me, it seems they are the first to do so. I've came to a church countless times in my day and these people see my tattoos and instantly brandish me a bad person, talking shit and whispering shit about why am I there and what dirt have I done. Casting the first stone, so to speak? Later, QD.

Oh ok..that will clear things up a lil bit:) . I don't know you that well so I can't assume or judge anything.My question is what's ur main purpose to go to church? As for me, I go to church because I want to talk to God listen to what he has to say and human's opinions on his words. I don't care what others say/think abt me when I am there cause I'm there for only one purpose...
People will always be talking,judging, mocking and throwing opinions and all that. You see all this happening in IA don't u?..LOL. In the end, it's between you and GOD..no one else....

quickdodgeŽ
08-15-2005, 06:31 PM
As a kid, like most kids, I went to church cuz my Mom made me. As I got older, I quit going. Then, after a while, I met up with a dude that I used to go cruising with. He joined up with a set with me and he and I and another dude went and got tats of the set. He is a church goer as is his whole family. Well, after a couple of years, he got me to start going to a church in Snellville with him and his girlfriend. They were real good friends with me. They got me to give up my flag and everything at that church. Then they got me to going out with this girl from the church. After a few weeks, his g/f and I find out that he is sleeping the girl that they set me up with and ran off and got married. Hence the backstabbing part.

Here's where the deal with church people was clinched.

I started going out with a girl from Buford Hwy. Her parents were big into church. As soon as they met me, they were cool. We all got along. Summertime rolls around with no problems until the first time they see my arms. They start questioning her about my tats, saying I am dangerous and putting her kids in danger. They hated me, then. They went so far as to get her own daughter to say, to the police, that I molested her. That forced us to split up. Hence more backstabbing and judgement. There's more to the story, but I have already typed a novel and it's sequel, lolol. But this is the gist of it. Later, QD.

AtifSajid
08-15-2005, 09:14 PM
Im sorry I didnt read all the replies, but QD I have someone who would give you a killer answer to that..just let me know when you want to ride out.

But the way I know of it is...

Everyones destiny is already written down for them..whether you believe it or not. This life is like a test for the afterlife. Some people have it good and some people have it bad. Your job is to pass the test(comply with God and do right) Some people who are real good, have a hard life, because God is testing them to see if they really will stay a good person and follow the right path. While there are others who have it easy, dont do anything for their religion and things in their heart are just unsettled until they turn to the right path. Everyone has choices they make - they just have to make the choice of God.

Thats why babies die, thats why people die at random times whether they are at the top of there life or at the bottom...God shows you his power that it doesnt matter who you are I can take you when I want. Not out of anger or anything. Just to show.

The subject is much deeper than what my mind can share with you - so I may not be explaining things correctly, but QD Im serious, if you really want to know bruh, I have someone who can put some real deal insight on this subject and answer many of your questions you have. You will be surprised. I was.

This explaination is based on the religion of Islam, but very vague..my knowledge is limited.

quickdodgeŽ
08-15-2005, 11:18 PM
Some people have it good and some people have it bad. Your job is to pass the test(comply with God and do right) Some people who are real good, have a hard life, because God is testing them to see if they really will stay a good person and follow the right path. While there are others who have it easy, dont do anything for their religion and things in their heart are just unsettled until they turn to the right path.

You know, that right there, makes a lot of sense. Later, QD.

Hulud
08-15-2005, 11:53 PM
I don't know but if I see somone who really practice what they preach than I think it's prolly Jesus coming the second time ya know? All of us ain't perfect QD.I know I am not and I will not be even till I die.Even God knows that..that's why he won't send Jesus at the first place. I am not a good Christian by beleiving that I shld preach abt God ect ect...I think the best preach is showing how I live as a Christian and the non-beleivers know what's ur religion without even mentioning anything to them.
thats what gets me is that christians seem to feel that they dont have to be perfect because god will say its ok if you "repent" later in life. they take for granted what they believe.

AtifSajid
08-16-2005, 06:58 AM
thats what gets me is that christians seem to feel that they dont have to be perfect because god will say its ok if you "repent" later in life. they take for granted what they believe.

Islam teaches that all because your Muslim, doesnt mean you have a free ride into heaven. If you sin you have to ask for forgiveness and hope that God forgives you.

Its deep because there are levels of sinning. Some sins are real bad and some are not. Regardless you have to repent for your sins. Im not going to go into detail, but its a very interesting subject. I also know thats the same for Christianity.

Hulud
08-16-2005, 10:19 AM
Islam teaches that all because your Muslim, doesnt mean you have a free ride into heaven. If you sin you have to ask for forgiveness and hope that God forgives you.

Its deep because there are levels of sinning. Some sins are real bad and some are not. Regardless you have to repent for your sins. Im not going to go into detail, but its a very interesting subject. I also know thats the same for Christianity.
yea except for the christinas its not 'hope' god forgives your, they believe he will no matter what. so these murderers/rapists/etc. will get a free ride, its bullshit how they can justify that shit if you ask me.

AtifSajid
08-16-2005, 12:47 PM
I dont know about that. I always thought that Christians have to ask for forgiveness also?

The Yousef
08-16-2005, 06:41 PM
I dont know about that. I always thought that Christians have to ask for forgiveness also?

i was under the same impression too...

yousef

Hulud
08-17-2005, 12:18 AM
yea they're supposed to but the way they act proves that they should not be forgiven. their excuse is "hey god will forgive me, im not perfect" so they go and get fucked up and not act christian till the time is needed
i like to call it "fair weather religion"

AtifSajid
08-17-2005, 07:46 AM
Hulud - what religion are you and what race are you.

Hulud
08-17-2005, 09:35 AM
i dont believe in god, i dont believe in organized religion.
and does it matter what race i am?

Allstar3.8T
08-17-2005, 11:02 AM
Hulud, you unfortunantly have been misinformed or seen radicals doing crap "in the name of....", as so many have been. Sux that a few nutjobs ruin it for the cool ones.
As a Christian, I am responsible for every action I do, every word I say, every thought in my head. These are all MY choices, therefore I am responsible. Forgivness isnt a free ride, ...It comes after repentance, which isnt an action your mouth does, its a condition your heart feels, goes thru..(not guilt, but more of a burden to make a wrong right) , and then you ask forgivness, and go to the one you wronged, and try to make it right. This doesn't erase the effect of the sin though. The effect is still very real and present, and there is payment for sin that a Christian will still suffer. I agree that alot of Christians are extremely emotional, and some radicals do get guns in the name of Christ. Let me remind you and everyone, This is NOT what our faith teaches, it teaches when nyou are wronged "turn the other cheek".
Sorry you have been shown nothing but inmature overzealous Bible beaters. I'd still hang w/ anyone regardless of faith. It is a personal decision, yet a very important one in my opinion. Most people on IA know I am a little different, yet I am still quite normal.
I will say to believe in nothing is greater faith than I have, I see too much to think it came from nothing. An athiest that claims no faith in anything may have the most of all... strange isnt it?!

Allstar3.8T
08-17-2005, 11:10 AM
BTW, QD....dont let some crazy Christians acting OUTSIDE the will of God ruin your thought of Christianity. As a Christian, we will still sin, we are still human, and its in our nature. The difference is maturity, and sincerity , and how we deal with it. (Alot of supposed Christians are NOT...its the top claimed religion in America, and most know nothing about it really)
Just because one cop is crooked, or dozens you heard about, doesnt mean they all are. You shouldnt just lump all groups into a heading of the worst one you met.
Make sense?
Once again, I hate it that people here have only been dealt wrong by these people claiming Christ, I'd wish they'd go claim someone else, or get serious about thier faith.

ISAtlanta300
08-17-2005, 01:53 PM
Hulud, you unfortunantly have been misinformed or seen radicals doing crap "in the name of....", as so many have been. Sux that a few nutjobs ruin it for the cool ones.
As a Christian, I am responsible for every action I do, every word I say, every thought in my head. These are all MY choices, therefore I am responsible. Forgivness isnt a free ride, ...It comes after repentance, which isnt an action your mouth does, its a condition your heart feels, goes thru..(not guilt, but more of a burden to make a wrong right) , and then you ask forgivness, and go to the one you wronged, and try to make it right. This doesn't erase the effect of the sin though. The effect is still very real and present, and there is payment for sin that a Christian will still suffer. I agree that alot of Christians are extremely emotional, and some radicals do get guns in the name of Christ. Let me remind you and everyone, This is NOT what our faith teaches, it teaches when nyou are wronged "turn the other cheek".
Sorry you have been shown nothing but inmature overzealous Bible beaters. I'd still hang w/ anyone regardless of faith. It is a personal decision, yet a very important one in my opinion. Most people on IA know I am a little different, yet I am still quite normal.
I will say to believe in nothing is greater faith than I have, I see too much to think it came from nothing. An athiest that claims no faith in anything may have the most of all... strange isnt it?!

Took the words right out of my mouth.

It is not like a killer or rapist can go like: "Hmmm let me go off and kill and rape some people and then repent /pray to God ...so that I am forgiven anyway"..... it does not work like that.

God is powerful enough to know your TRUE intentions. By pretending to "lie" to him you are in fact lying to yourself. You can not hide anything from him. Like Allstar1.8T said, repentance and forgiveness of your sins is not just spoken words. You can not talk to God with your mouth, only with your heart. He is not some lawyer or judge that you will stand in front of and say "I am sorry I killed and raped people, but I repent and am all better now" while crossing your toes.......

And to eveybody who "hates" organized religion or people just because of their bible thumping experience and "judging" experience....... Do not go to church to be judged, but to pray. Go for your own reasons. Church is not a fashion show, a hottie check out or a court room. No one can judge you but God. Do not let people's opinions interfere with your beliefs and your will to worship. You do not even have to go to "church" to worship God. It just provides a good place to do it, just like a library is a nice and quiet place to read a book.

Let them see your tattoo and whisper all they want. Let them preach fire and brimstone all they want. In the end, it will not be THEM judging you or deciding your fate.

quickdodgeŽ
08-17-2005, 02:41 PM
Just because one cop is crooked, or dozens you heard about, doesnt mean they all are. You shouldnt just lump all groups into a heading of the worst one you met.

I'm not trying to lump them all into one category. I just won't get get close enough to find out if anyone else is like that. Hanging and talking here on IA, I have probably dealt with a shitload of church people. I have nothing against none of you guys here. And there have been several threads to show me that you guys like having me around, which is real cool. I really just lost my train of thought, lolol. Later, QD.

Hulud
08-17-2005, 11:32 PM
I'm not trying to lump them all into one category. I just won't get get close enough to find out if anyone else is like that. Hanging and talking here on IA, I have probably dealt with a shitload of church people. I have nothing against none of you guys here. And there have been several threads to show me that you guys like having me around, which is real cool. I really just lost my train of thought, lolol. Later, QD.
agreed!
i mean fuck ill hang out with christians but i just dont believe in all that stuff

KoukiDrftr
08-22-2005, 04:27 PM
I don't know if I believe or disbelieve. I have strong fors and againsts on the subject. I do know that I don't trust Christian(or most Church) people. They definitely do NOT practice what they preach and are quite backstabbing(only if I let them close enough to do so). I want to believe, but I have a hard time believing that a good God would let people that are good in life, suffer and then have a goo afterlife. While the bad folks that do nothing but worng live it up. I understand the idea that when you die, you will "have it made" while the bad people will rot in hell. But why should a person that tries to do good in life, make an honest living suffer while in life? That's what gets me. This is sort of a rant/discussion, not intended to be a personal attack on anyone and their religion. Later, QD.
I dont think there is a guy named god sittong up in the clouds passing out good favors for people who believe in him. i think the whole church thing is fucking gay and just a way to make money. my parents give $2000 a month to there church. ive been there once for a christmas thing and i dont think $10,000 suround sound systems, and projection systems are nessesary to preach. jesus says spread the word of god. i dont think that means waist your sunday by going to a multi million dollar building and listen to a guy who you pay for his house and car and bills. thats fucked up if you ask me. when they say spread the word in the bible i think it means in your everyday life just do what is right and others will follow behnd you if they have common sense. and the whole god thing is misinterpreted from being passed down over the years. im sure everyone here has played telephone before. i dont think that god is one person who everyone is supposed to ask for help and he answers prayers and shit. i think its a part of something that everyone has inside of them that allows them to be who they are. i dunno if this made sence but i tried... thats my :2cents:

4dmin
08-22-2005, 04:45 PM
I do know that I don't trust Christian(or most Church) people.

i agree, i don't trust anyone, b/c human nature is stronger than any faith. i personally think GOD is something the human mind can't comprehend that is why we use books/idols to fill voids in our lives. ;)

Jaimecbr900
08-23-2005, 11:40 AM
We have gotten this section up and rocking the last few posts. Very interesting takes to the same subject.

QD, I'm with Greg on this. There will always be hypocrites in every sect of life. ALWAYS. That makes people humans, and being human makes you fallable. This is where religion and faith come in. Faith is something that you believe in and that helps guide you. Doesn't mean you can't get off the beaten path. Doesn't mean you can't find your way back to the path either. Every single person, from the highest most religious to the casual church goer sins. People make mistakes. What they do with those mistakes is the key.

I will be with anyone that wants to be with me. I can talk with the best shit talkers, just as easily as I can talk to my kids that I teach class to every Wens. night at church. I don't push religion on anyone, unless they ask. I don't profess to be perfect, as I'm far from it. I do quite a few things that I'm not always proud of. I also square up for those things and try and make them right.

To be honest, there are times that some soul searching and introverted thinking is the only way to slow down a run-away train. Meaning that sometimes we THINK we are doing things right and we aren't. Our brain tells us that if we surrender control to someone else, we'll be out-of-control. In the case of religion, this is the only way to truly BE in control. You have to admit that YOU don't know everything and you'd like SOMEONE to show you the way. That is where Christianity is based and also where the church comes into play. If you surround yourself with people that are smarter than you, you can only get smarter.....ever heard that expression? Well the same goes with people's faith.

QD, I have no problem walking into church WITH you and sitting right next to you at all. If someone judges me or you for that, then it's their cross to bear (no pun intended). Tattoos don't mean anything about a person's spirit. The body is only a temporary vessel and what's truly important is a person's soul. If your soul is straight, then what you look like doesn't amount to a hill of beans. That goes the same for tats as it does for golden locks. ;)

Tracy
08-23-2005, 12:05 PM
http://forums.importatlanta.com/showpost.php?p=257380&postcount=4

ahmonrah
09-05-2005, 01:13 AM
i dont know QD....we are all in together in this school called LIFE, but we all seem to have a different curriculum. i believe we are on this earth to learn lessons. when we learn whatever it is we are here to learn then we "check out" i've wondered myself why it was that it seemed that all the shitbags seemed to be doing great.

while at the same time i'm cool, listen to people when they have issues, try trusting people initially and try to stay positive and live life according to how i believe the creator wants me to live. but i seemed to feel like i'd constantly get kicked in the back and laughed at by ASSHOLES i.e. bad people.

on the other hand i've thought about acting like an asshole to get ahead (be shady,manipulative, and greedy) but it's just not me. so i'll go on pluggin away, 'cause i know eventually if it's meant to be i'll be able to have the resources to help people that really mean the most to me, and deserve a little friendly boost. i'd like to do like warrick dunns' foundation, where he gives single parents a furnished home. or for us dudes. we often get forgotten about, if someone really deserved the help i'd love to be able to say
"wussup man...i know your a good person and mean well with what you have. give me a tally of all your debts that are holding you up(legitimate(sp) credit debts) and i'll pay those off for you..."
to be able to do that for someone that is a good person would be "the shit for me". i'd be happy as hell knowing that i helped someone drop their baggage and be able to enjoy life with their people. even if i never seen them again.