PDA

View Full Version : War in Iraq.... AWOL soldier's speech

RandomGuy
04-15-2008, 01:15 AM
This belongs in here, not the videos forum, for some intelligent responses
(we really need a news/politics section again, btw)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwwMF6biCJU

watch that.... and discuss....

EXACTLY what i've been trying to say... how the word terrorist is being thrown around and someone who is retaliating an unjust attack on a member of their own family.

What are your opinions on it?

Motivation
04-15-2008, 01:50 AM
Talk about a controversial (sp?) video, lol... First of all, he dodged going back on his second deployment by running to Canada. He signed that contract to join the military and stand behind this country no matter what. I can understand when he says they are trying to kill us because we killed their family, but it started out when they killed part of the American family. I know he said that there are no terrorist or whatever in Iraq... But also, the kill everybody theory he stated. Picture this, I shoot the person the is the closest in your life. The one you cherish and adore. You find me and I am with my girl/wife/child/mother/whoever you want to put in that blank that would be important to me. Chances are you are not going to just shoot me and walk away. That anger and confusion that is going through your mind, is going to cause you to shoot/kill/harm anyone that was close to me in my life for "revenge". When they shoot at an American soldier, it is not always the easiest thing to just shoot the person that fired first. Especially when you are in a mass of people. Now, I understand where he is coming from to an extent. But when their "cousins, dads, or brothers" as he stated are shooting at American soldiers he said they are still innocent. The curse of the father falls back on coming generations. Which means they are putting their family's life in danger when they decide to take action,,.

I know I am going to have people disagree with what I said and flame me for my opinion. That's fine. I have never personally served on foreign ground so I don't know what is going on first hand. No one does unless they have served. I don't care what they seen on tv, read about in the newspaper, or what they have been told. I know stories can not come close to captioning the severity of what is going on in the midst of battle.

Oh, btw. Good find Random.

ksniperfox
04-15-2008, 10:59 AM
being in the military isnt necessarily about doing for what you believe in. the bottom line is, it's a job and you are paid to do what you are told, not what you feel. obviously that job wasnt for him.

92mr2T
04-15-2008, 12:56 PM
military? Thats pretty much any job

RandomGuy
04-15-2008, 01:33 PM
being in the military isnt necessarily about doing for what you believe in. the bottom line is, it's a job and you are paid to do what you are told, not what you feel. obviously that job wasnt for him.lol thats not what the point is...

Is it not inhumane what's going on and how the media is portraying it...

BanginJimmy
04-15-2008, 05:11 PM
the punk is hiding from his responsibilities, I dont even care what he has to say.

ksniperfox
04-16-2008, 08:25 AM
lol thats not what the point is...

Is it not inhumane what's going on and how the media is portraying it...

the point is that he needs to be a journalist, not a soldier. inhumane? perhaps. if you cant handle it then dont join up. but you must look at the events as a whole, do you not agree that it is 'for the greater good?' civilians are a casualty of war everywhere. this isnt anything new. check war history, its littered with this ****.

when this guy picked his job in the army, he knew what he was signing up for. shooting things. people. and yes, i said pick, because thats what you get to do when you sign up for what job you do. he could have been a mechanic, journalist, **** scrubber, whatever.

ksniperfox
04-16-2008, 08:28 AM
the punk is hiding from his responsibilities, I dont even care what he has to say.
+1

what a slacker. he said hes been a past user of drugs and no school.. wonder what his other jobs were/will be like.

SampaGuy
04-16-2008, 08:44 AM
he must have not been brainwashed properly at boot camp

Motivation
04-16-2008, 12:28 PM
Anyone else notice that the flag is upside down on the shirt he is wearing? To me that is treason, turning your back on your country no matter what the situation. Even if you think it is wrong, it is also wrong to not be loyal.

BanginJimmy
04-16-2008, 03:31 PM
he must have not been brainwashed properly at boot camp

they didnt brainwash me in bootcamp or lie to me when I joined. Then again I was much smarter that that idiot judging by the quote posted earlier.

Ran
04-16-2008, 04:00 PM
how the media is portraying it...That's the key right there.

EM1toEVO
04-16-2008, 06:23 PM
I agree-he shouldn't have signed up if he was too weak to do what was asked of him. What did he expect, a vacation?

95alty
04-18-2008, 08:03 AM
I WAS BRAINWASHED!!! jimmy can side with me even though who went through the OLD PI...

here is what i always said.... So recruit adams what do you want to do in the marine corps "THIS RECRUIT WANTS TO KILL,,, AHHHHHHH KILL KILL KILL..." after every excercise " KILL" even when i went to bed "KILL"

cadence - " DEVIL DOGS, SHOCK TROOPS, BLOOD SUCKERS, WAR MACHINES, BORN TO FIGHT, TRAINED TO KILL, READY TO DIE, BUT NEVER WILL, OOH YA"

guy was a ***** in that link

Spektrewing386
04-18-2008, 10:47 AM
thats a catchy cadence