PDA

View Full Version : What can i take from my car if it is total. will give rep

integar94
04-14-2008, 10:16 PM
Ok i just got in a accident and my car is total and it was the other guy fault. And also, my hood is budge against my engine so there no way it goin up unless u take out some few nuts. My question is, when a estimator come, what do they look at to determine the money you get. I dont think he will come with a wrench and try to open my hood. And after they give me the estimate on my car, can i take out everything i want like seat, gauge, p/s, a/c, master cylinder, brake booster, etc. Or is it like after they give me a estimate, a tow truck will come and tow it right away. Any information will be helpful. I want to know ur experience when you total ur car.

Jecht
04-14-2008, 10:21 PM
I've never personally had to go through the situation, but most insurance companies will give you a check for what the car is worth and will give you the option to buy it back. You usually can't take things off/out of the car unless you buy it back.

Whiteboy™
04-14-2008, 10:22 PM
you have to talk to you insurance agent, they are usually really nice just be tell them that if they don't reimburse you for them then you want the parts

gforce23
04-14-2008, 10:24 PM
Actually, it works both ways. The ins. co. usually has a contract with some other firm (like a salvage yard) to buy all their totaled cars. The guys from this "other" company will either come pick it up themselves or hire someone else to pick it up for them. If you take a lot of items & it is really obvious (like motor, seats, wheels etc.), then eventually the company that bought the car will complain to the ins co & they might start fcking with you. However, if you stay low and take non-major items (such as a good stereo, or custom floor mats, hubcaps, speakers) then no one gives a ****e. You could also take items that the company who is buying the car will have no idea if it was missing already or even lost/damaged during collision (items like tail light cover, rear view mirror, side mirror, windows, muffler, door latch). If you strip a ton of items off or major items then there is a good chance you will be hearing from ins company. Of course, they probably won't send you to jail or anything but they might bump your insurance policy.

Okay, now where the fck is my rep? :D

DC2NR
04-14-2008, 10:28 PM
If your car was total'd in the accident, the insurance company will give you what you car is worth and as Jecht said they will give you the option to buy your car back. Happen'd to me a few times.

integar94
04-14-2008, 10:33 PM
aye if i took out my a/c p/s and cd player, will the value of my car go down? I mean they wouldnt really know if i took out my a/c and p/s if the estimater cant open my hood rite?

dumpdaccord
04-14-2008, 10:35 PM
replace everything you want with something else.....example you want to keep your type R seats get some civic seats for $20 and throw back in...

gforce23
04-14-2008, 10:45 PM
aye if i took out my a/c p/s and cd player, will the value of my car go down? I mean they wouldnt really know if i took out my a/c and p/s if the estimater cant open my hood rite?
Like I said, it can go in either direction depending on your alertness or ineptitude. The stereo deck and A/C shouldn't be a problem. However, if you start negotiating for a bigger check by pointing out special or custom items, the adjuster might just go into more specific details. Negotiation does result in an upward correction in value (not always) but remember to cover your bases before jumping headlong into a game of words.

Btw, from your sig, it appears that you have a pair of HID ballasts (?), a lip and rear spoiler. Now I'm not into gay Integras;) and have no idea about their demand but if they're not fleabay junk, I'd suggest you get them off.

Oh, one more thing - if you just put on a set of new rubber, replace them with some almost worn out tires from a bin yard (usually <$100/set). Remember not to buy completely bald tires in your enthusiasm .. that might go against you as a case of irresponsible driving.

seanrg1116
04-15-2008, 08:06 AM
what kind of car I will make you a good list of what you can take and they will never notice.

_Christian_
04-15-2008, 08:15 AM
when a estimator come
lol.

Like said, take things that they wouldn't notice missing. If you take something like the seat, lol, you might want to replace it with a factory one.

southside
04-15-2008, 08:50 AM
Actually, it works both ways. The ins. co. usually has a contract with some other firm (like a salvage yard) to buy all their totaled cars. The guys from this "other" company will either come pick it up themselves or hire someone else to pick it up for them. If you take a lot of items & it is really obvious (like motor, seats, wheels etc.), then eventually the company that bought the car will complain to the ins co & they might start fcking with you. However, if you stay low and take non-major items (such as a good stereo, or custom floor mats, hubcaps, speakers) then no one gives a ****e. You could also take items that the company who is buying the car will have no idea if it was missing already or even lost/damaged during collision (items like tail light cover, rear view mirror, side mirror, windows, muffler, door latch). If you strip a ton of items off or major items then there is a good chance you will be hearing from ins company. Of course, they probably won't send you to jail or anything but they might bump your insurance policy.

Okay, now where the fck is my rep? :DHe he my friend took his whole motor out insurance company didnt complain.They were just bi*chin about him not having gsr wheels on.They said since it didnt have the gsr the offer would be 500$ less,they came out and inspected it he took the motor out then they sent the insurance company they just got a shell.So I dont kno i guess it depends on the company.

tubby
04-15-2008, 09:28 AM
ya waat u need to do is buy back the car from the company. it will be like 300 bucks they will give u a good title back too. so ya i would leav eveything on it so it looks like its worth a lot more to u than it really is u know. ive had a lot of experience wit this. tell them that u dont like the first offer tell em u have a lot of money in to the car they will get u a little bit more. i have had good experiences wit recks there almost a good thing is its not ur falt. i got 5500 for a 91 integra that was prymered and had 375k on it. i told em i had a lot done to it and that i had payed in full for a 3500 paint job and that now i was ****ed out of the cash for that. they hooked it up. if u have a part on the car that isent painted tell em u payed for a paint job already cause the paint was custom and they will hell u out. just my .02

sorry bot the speling im posting from my sidekick

integar94
04-15-2008, 11:58 PM
mine was a 94 ls teg. aye what happen if i didnt have the recipt for the paint job? can i just like "come on estimater, look at my paint job i put alot of money in it". Would doing stuff like that increase the value of my car or does that just make me look stupid or does it all depend on the company?

Vteckidd
04-16-2008, 12:25 AM
99% of the time you can take things they WONT REIMBURSE YOU FOR.

If you have a built motor an they will only give you money for a stock engine, then replace the built motor with a blown up stock engine.

ssame with suspension

Same with wheels

Same with CD player

etc.

Now if they offer to pay you for everything you have, dont take anything off. Thats called insurance fraud.

if its the other guys fault, you need to play your cards right.

GET ONLINE NOW AND PRINT OUT EVERY INTEGRA ON AUTOTRADER AN IA THAT IS WORTH WHAT YOU WANT FOR THE CAR. LOOK FOR CARS WITH SIMILAR MODS.

THEN GO TO kbb.com and print out what your car is worth in excellent condition.

You will have to prove to them that the car is worth what you want. They will try an low ball you, its their job to get you to take the least amount ofm oney possible.

Its your job to get as much money out of them as possible.

Since it wasnt your fault, they pretty much have to pay you whatever is reasonable.

Which means if a $4000-5000 for a 94 integra no matter what condition it was in. They have to pay for a REPLACEMENT VEHICLE since it was the others guys fault.

I would take a CD player out and maybe some wheels. PS and AC, come on you can get that in your next car.

I wouldnt get crazy until they low ball you multiple times .

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO RELEASE THE CAR UNTIL YOU ARE PAID IN FULL, so dont let them take it until they settle.

good luck

Vteckidd
04-16-2008, 12:27 AM
and the estimate guy is usually a middle man that is just looking at body damage, he doesnt give 2 ****s out VTEC or not.

An he wont care about aftermarket parts.

AnthonyF
04-16-2008, 05:27 AM
since I work at a shop, I tell them to tow it to this referred shop, and when I get there I take what I need off and they can come and take the car away. Hasnt happened in about 7 years but I have a slight advantage.

AnthonyF
04-16-2008, 05:27 AM
and the estimate guy is usually a middle man that is just looking at body damage, he doesnt give 2 ****s out VTEC or not.

An he wont care about aftermarket parts.

not ALL the time. Sometimes you might get a really kool guy who will write up more stuff to get your mo cash. :cheers:

mitch lab
04-16-2008, 06:21 AM
take the ecu and use the cover to cover it up

AnthonyF
04-16-2008, 10:41 AM
^fuk that. Leave a piece of paper with the letters ECU written on it in the ECU location.

mitch lab
04-16-2008, 12:55 PM
^fuk that. Leave a piece of paper with the letters ECU written on it in the ECU location.

HAHAHA :lmfao:

AnthonyF
04-16-2008, 01:08 PM
EXAMPLE:

Mr. Clean
04-16-2008, 09:13 PM
well i just went through this about 2 weeks ago...

they offered me a pretty good price for the miles and condition of my car, the car was in pretty good condition but they gave me the price for "excellent" condition. the accident was not my fault so the insurance company i was dealing with was the other persons. they didnt really get on the ball about doing anything.

when the adjuster finally came out they gave the insurance company an estimate of what it will cost to fix the car... the insurance company will then research the value of the vehicle and decide if they should fix it or not. with yours being a 94 integra they will most likely total it even if you just whacked a bumper or something. when they call you back they will say it is a total loss and we will give you $xxxx. and then they will give you a salvage bid on how much it will cost for you to buy the car back if you wish. they will also ask you what you want to take off the car and they will subtract that from the value of the vehicle and that will of course take your settlement down a little. if you have receipts then send them in. i sent about $2000 in receipts and got about a $450 return on it... they obviously cant give you a dollar for dollar return.

in most cases they wont want more than $500-800 to buy the car back from the yard and they will pay the fees to get it out all you have to do is go pick it up. i bought my wrecked sol back for $500 and some change and parted out almost $1800 worth of stuff... its usually a good idea to buy it back...

im sure i left some stuff out but the whole process sucks donkey ballz and i wouldnt wish it upon my worst enemy.

B_Hoov
04-17-2008, 10:45 PM
they totaled my accord a month ago, after i drove it for 8 mos! buy-back on it was only 350$

japan4racing
04-17-2008, 10:49 PM
they totaled my accord a month ago, after i drove it for 8 mos! buy-back on it was only 350$

killer..where them pics on the 4 door son?

B_Hoov
04-17-2008, 11:04 PM
posting now in car pics, will get better ones tomo, thanks agian man for that sick susp set-up

Jblizzard
04-17-2008, 11:10 PM
Whatever you take - replace with cheaper

Like everyone has said - u want those seats - add ****ty ones in

on a totalled car - those things usually dont mean ****.

when my other civic was totalled i took off all my strut bars and tie bars etc...changed tail lights out to some cracked P.o.S's, buncha other **** and i still got it completely paid off

integar94
04-18-2008, 08:30 PM
dang anythonyf, i like that enigne pic. lol. Dang i hope i can buy my car back for 500. But when my friend wreck his 98 teg because he try to dodge a deer, his company said he can buy it back for 4500. YES 4500! and the vehicle was total. So iono, hope i can buy this back and part it out and make some extra cash. Freak IM BROKE!!!!!!