PDA

View Full Version : Ebay sellers on IA?

ahmonrah
04-14-2008, 08:45 PM
How many members on the IA.COM regularly use Ebay to either make a living or supplement your income with sales though that site(Ebay)?

just wondering, because i've thought about it getting rid of alot of things me and the missus have accumulated over the years and then began wondering how many people there are that possibly use ebay to actually make money....

Vteckidd
04-14-2008, 08:49 PM
i do $20,000 a month through ebay ;)

business is good, lots of competition but its supporting me for now until my real stuff takes off/.

1NonlyAccord
04-14-2008, 08:50 PM
i use ebay alot.i actually love it..iv bought over 40+ things and sold a few things.
I suggest looking up the items you want to sell 1st,see what they are selling for if any.Sometimes things that are like 5$ or so arnt always worth it,because ebay gets a % of the what you make, they also charge for differnt features you add for your ad,example they give you 1 free pic. the rest are 1$i think now.or the buy it now option is like $25. and so forth.and thats just the fee to create your ad..so it really all depends on what your selling and how much your selling it for..
i sold my air ride suspension kit and made $800+ for it and owed ebay $27ish for my ad then the % they get for me selling somthing between 500-xxxx$
just go on there and read about there charged and fees.

GL

SampaGuy
04-14-2008, 08:55 PM
I managed an ebay store for a few months. It was a big pain in the ass. At one point we were making $400/week but we were putting in at least 60 hours a week of work (me and my partner combined), and then we had to split profits. The hardest thing about an ebay business is finding something that no one else is selling or having a better price than everyone else. If you have the right connections and can get something cheaper than the ebay market prices youre set.

Vteckidd
04-14-2008, 08:59 PM
i mainly sell headers, seats and ECUs.

I sell stuff that only i, or a SMALL amount of other people have. We all sell for the same price an let the consumer choose who to go with.

Occasionally theres a jack a s s that tries to undercut everyone else, but we have ways of stopping that.

Theres guys selling mainstream parts like skunk2, Ferrea, etc an they make almost no money because of the ebay fees an ****. It can add up FAST.

YOu have to make sure the profit margin is worth it.

most my stuff sells between $300-500 so its worth it to me.

toph
04-14-2008, 09:40 PM
Yeah I used to sell on ebay a lot more...now the fees have gone up and it's getting less appealing to me. There are some things though that won't sell anywhere else.

ahmonrah
04-15-2008, 03:00 AM
yeah. i know. i have a 10th anniversary homer simpson mini-grill that has been never used. and i looked the fullsize one up, and it's on ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/Extremely-RARE-The-Simpsons-Collectible-BBQ-Grill-NIB_W0QQitemZ350008430385QQihZ022QQcategoryZ8616QQ rdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638 Q2em118Q2el1247)(link) i believe for like $600...so i'm like "yeah...ummm....i think i should put it up there?"

_Christian_
04-15-2008, 05:18 AM
I use ebay, not for a living though. Sometimes you can get amazing deals on stuff you need, and it's nice to be able to get money for **** that's just collecting dust. You should definitely join. To answer your last question, you probably won't make profit unless you have the hookup or some valuable collectables.