PDA

View Full Version : Any English Major's or people good with papers

Alan®
04-14-2008, 06:20 PM
I gotta do an error log and need some help. Reps for those that help. It's a very small assignment won't take too much of your time.

RandomGuy
04-14-2008, 06:29 PM
I'm an English Major.

Alan®
04-14-2008, 06:32 PM
The red signifies the errors I need to correct. Some of them are obvious but a few are a leaving me :thinking: Thanks again.

Annotated Bibliography

Ambrose, Stephen E. Duty, Honor, Country a History of West Point. Baltimore: The Johns Hopkins P, 1966.
Duty, Honor, Country takes an even more in depth look at the history of the Academy than the book written by James Lynch. It shows that how Western European culture influenced the creation of West Point and also takes a deep look at the internal struggle of the nation on whether or not to even create a Military Academy. I find that this book is not only well written by someone who did not attend the Academy but, also very useful in the creation of this paper.

Crackel, Theodore J. West Point a Bicentennial History. Lawrence: University P of Kansas, 2002.
This book while not only a synopsis of the first 200 years of the Academy is also written to show the Military Academy was also a symbol changing times throughout the history of the nation. While it is a great resource for the topic of this paper the overall theme of the book seems to impede on the factorial history of West Point and seems to want to convince its readers that if you want to see the overall status of the nation, look no further than the Hudson River

Fleming, Thomas J. West Point the Men and Times of the United States Military Academy. New York: Willimam, Morrow & Company, 1969. too old? 40 years is a long time –especially THOSE 40 years.
While the purpose of this book is to document the history of The United States Military Academy, like Waugh’s book on the subject reads more like a High School novel than a History book. It like Waugh’s book is full of useful information that could be used to write this paper. However for the sake of time and to make things slightly easier on myself will probably not use it in the writing of this paper.

Grant, John, James Lynch, and Ronald Bailey. West Point the First 200 Years. Guilford: The Globe Pequot P, 2002.
While this book goes just as far back as Waugh’s book on West Point, it is much more detailed. Simply put this publication is very in depth. It gives all the details needed to a write ten page college paper on the history of such a majestic and historical place as West Point.

Gurney, Gene. A Pictorial History of the United States Army. New York: Crown, 1966.
This book while mainly about the overall history of the United States Army does contain information on the creation of West Point. Unfortunately for me however it does not contain enough information to write more than a paragraph based on the amount of information it is given. The book serves its purpose however on being a Pictorial History book. Yes, picture books are nice for coffee tables, but not too useful for hard-core academic research.

Todd, Frederick P. Cadet Gray. New York: Sterling Co., 1955.
This book with it’s’ grade school like illustrations not only simply lays out the historical time line of West Point; it also explains many things that most people who are interested in the Academy sometimes wonder. For example it explains why Cadets at the Academy have always worn grey uniforms. While this book may lay a great foundation for the basic understanding of the past of the Academy, it is not capable of being the only source of a college level paper.

Waugh, E.d. J. West Point. New York: The Macmillan Company, 1944. sixty years is even longer than 40!
West Point which is very poetic in the flow of which it is read, examines the history of not only the school but also the history of the spot on which it was founded on. While not written like an encyclopedia like most books on the subject, it is written more like a novel to convince its readers that is truly a special place. While I believe that this book is full of useful information that can be used in my paper, I can’t bring myself to read it for more than leisure simply because of the way in which it was written.

SampaGuy
04-14-2008, 08:11 PM
The red signifies the errors I need to correct. Some of them are obvious but a few are a leaving me :thinking: Thanks again.

Which ones? I seriously can't see any that aren't obvious lol...

Alan®
04-14-2008, 08:16 PM
in depth should be hyphenated I believe
things like high school, military academy should all be lower case instead of capitalized
timeline is 1 word
its's' only needs 1 apostrophe

those are the easy ones the rest is leaving me scratching my head. I'm really bad with commas why don't you fix it for me real quick since it's all so obvious to you. LOL. Seriously I'd greatly appreciate it.

nreggie454
04-14-2008, 08:29 PM
Meh.... I only do my homework... and that is when I feel like it.

RandomGuy
04-14-2008, 08:29 PM
dude they are ALL obvious? which ones did you not get... i mean all of them are dead simple

Echonova
04-14-2008, 08:30 PM
~cut, paste in Microsoft word 2007, spellcheck, cut, re-paste on IA~

The red signifies the errors I need to correct. Some of them are obvious but a few are a leaving me Thanks again.

Annotated Bibliography

Ambrose, Stephen E. Duty, Honor, Country a History of West Point. Baltimore: The Johns Hopkins P, 1966.
Duty, Honor, Country takes an even more in-depth look at the history of the Academy than the book written by James Lynch. It shows that how Western European culture influenced the creation of West Point and also takes a deep look at the internal struggle of the nation on whether or not to even create a Military Academy. I find that this book is not only well written by someone who did not attend the Academy but, also very useful in the creation of this paper.

Crackel, Theodore J. West Point a Bicentennial History. Lawrence: University P of Kansas, 2002.
This book, while not only a synopsis of the first 200 years of the Academy is also written to show the Military Academy was also a symbol changing times throughout the history of the nation. While it is a great resource for the topic of this paper the overall theme of the book seems to impede on the factorial history of West Point and seems to want to convince its readers that if you want to see the overall status of the nation, look no further than the Hudson River

Fleming, Thomas J. West Point the Men and Times of the United States Military Academy. New York: William, Morrow & Company, 1969. Too old? 40 years is a long time –especially THOSE 40 years.
While the purpose of this book is to document the history of The United States Military Academy, like Waugh’s book on the subject reads more like a high school novel than a history book. It like Waugh’s book is full of useful information that could be used to write this paper. However for the sake of time and to make things slightly easier on me, I will probably not use it in the writing of this paper.

Grant, John, James Lynch, and Ronald Bailey. West Point the First 200 Years. Guilford: The Globe Pequot P, 2002.
While this book goes just as far back as Waugh’s book on West Point, it is much more detailed. Simply put this publication is very in depth. It gives all the details needed to a write ten page college paper on the history of such a majestic and historical place as West Point.

Gurney, Gene. A Pictorial History of the United States Army. New York: Crown, 1966.
This book while mainly about the overall history of the United States Army does contain information on the creation of West Point. Unfortunately for me however it does not contain enough information to write more than a paragraph based on the amount of information it is given. The book serves its purpose however on being a Pictorial History book. Yes, picture books are nice for coffee tables, but not too useful for hard-core academic research.

This book with its elementary school like illustrations not only simply lays out the historical timeline of West Point; it also explains many things that most people who are interested in the Academy sometimes wonder. For example it explains why Cadets at the Academy have always worn grey uniforms. While this book may lay a great foundation for the basic understanding of the past of the Academy, it is not capable of being the only source of a college level paper.

Waugh, E.d. J. West Point. New York: The Macmillan Company, 1944. Sixty years is even longer than 40!
West Point (which is very poetic in the flow of which it is read), examines the history of not only the school. It is also the history of the spot on which it was founded on. While not written like an encyclopedia like most books on the subject, it is written more like a novel to convince its readers that is truly a special place. While I believe that this book is full of useful information that can be used in my paper, I can’t bring myself to read it for more than leisure simply because of the way in which it was written.

Alan®
04-14-2008, 08:35 PM
~cut, paste in Microsoft word 2007, spellcheck, cut, re-paste on IA~
let me read it and ill get you back when I can :goodjob: Preciate it man helped out a bunch

Benefit
04-14-2008, 08:39 PM
lmao wtf , echonova ftw redgt ftl

Echonova
04-14-2008, 08:40 PM
I gotz skrills.

ep9716
04-14-2008, 08:45 PM
I gotz skrills.

Its True.....Echonova Pwns

Echonova
04-14-2008, 08:47 PM
Its True.....Echonova PwnsTRUE STORY.

4dmin
04-14-2008, 08:48 PM
i have 4 english majors/writers at work 2 w/ masters one in grad school working on PHD.... if you need any freelance help let me know.

ep9716
04-14-2008, 08:50 PM
TRUE STORY.

I ****ING LOVE UR REPS!!!!

MongolPup
04-14-2008, 08:50 PM
LOL ECHONOVA HAS SOME SUPER FRIENDS IN THE LEGION OF DOOM

Echonova
04-14-2008, 08:58 PM
LOL ECHONOVA HAS SOME SUPER FRIENDS IN THE LEGION OF DOOM:(

vBulletin Message

You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

Alan®
04-14-2008, 09:01 PM
sh!t I haven't even read it lol obviously i got screwed lol. And I can't rep you right now echo god damn it. lol.

Echonova
04-14-2008, 09:13 PM
sh!t I haven't even read it lol obviously i got screwed lol. And I can't rep you right now echo god damn it. lol.You are not screwed. But I would re-read it before handing it in to the teacher...

Benefit
04-14-2008, 09:17 PM
i think i repped echanova 3 years ago and it still says

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Echonova again.

Alan®
04-14-2008, 09:31 PM
You are not screwed. But I would re-read it before handing it in to the teacher...
**** it im just gonna do it my self later

Echonova
04-15-2008, 06:24 PM
**** it im just gonna do it my self laterSoooo, how did it go?

Alan®
04-15-2008, 06:35 PM
Soooo, how did it go?
got it done last night didn't take but like 10 minutes so what was it that you did to it man? I was too tired to mess around reading for some hidden bs in it.

Echonova
04-15-2008, 06:46 PM
got it done last night didn't take but like 10 minutes so what was it that you did to it man? I was too tired to mess around reading for some hidden bs in it.There was no hidden BS. Seriously. I fixed some parts and ran the rest through Microsoft word. Word said it was fine.

OhMyGodfather
04-15-2008, 07:11 PM

Annotated Bibliography

Duty, Honor, Country takes an even more in-depth look at the history of the Academy than the book written by James Lynch. It shows that how Western European culture influenced the creation of West Point and also takes a deep look at the internal struggle of the nation on whether or not to even create a military academy. I find that this book is not only well written by someone who did not attend the Academy but, also very useful in the creation of this paper.

This book, while not only a synopsis of the first 200 years of the Academy, is also written to show the Military Academy was also a symbol changing times throughout the history of the nation. While it is a great resource for the topic of this paper the overall theme of the book seems to impede on the factorial history of West Point and seems to want to convince its readers that if you want to see the overall status of the nation, look no further than the Hudson River

Fleming, Thomas J. West Point the Men and Times of the United States Military Academy. New York: Willimam, Morrow & Company, 1969. too old? 40 years is a long time –especially THOSE 40 years.
While the purpose of this book is to document the history of The United States Military Academy, like Waugh’s book on the subject reads more like a high school novel than a history book. It like Waugh’s book is full of useful information that could be used to write this paper. However for the sake of time and to make things slightly easier on myself, will probably not use it in the writing of this paper.

This book with it's grade school like illustrations not only simply lays out the historical timeline of West Point; it also explains many things that most people who are interested in the Academy sometimes wonder. For example it explains why Cadets at the Academy have always worn grey uniforms. While this book may lay a great foundation for the basic understanding of the past of the Academy, it is not capable of being the only source of a college level paper.

Waugh, E.d. J. West Point. New York: The Macmillan Company, 1944. sixty years is even longer than 40!
West Point, which is very poetic in the flow of which it is read, examines the history of not only the school, but also the history of the spot on which it was founded on. While not written like an encyclopedia like most books on the subject, it is written more like a novel to convince its readers that is truly a special place. While I believe that this book is full of useful information that can be used in my paper, I can’t bring myself to read it for more than leisure simply because of the way in which it was written.

not claiming that its 100% accurate, but im pretty sure I'm on the right track :goodjob: light blue is my corrections.

Alan®
04-15-2008, 07:31 PM
not claiming that its 100% accurate, but im pretty sure I'm on the right track :goodjob: light blue is my corrections.
yea thats about what mine looked like.

Alan®
04-15-2008, 07:32 PM
There was no hidden BS. Seriously. I fixed some parts and ran the rest through Microsoft word. Word said it was fine.
oh I thought you were messin with me cause you were all read it carefully lol. Thanks for the help though. whenever I can rep you again I will.