PDA

View Full Version : got a dui...any advice or anything?

tightflks
04-14-2008, 05:17 PM
i'm under 21 (20 years, 21 in june) and got a DUI in Bulloch County (Georgia Southern University), blew a .063

anyone know if i am straight up screwed? or if they have a program for under 21 year olds to get it dismissed, cause i know atlanta does, if they have a program i rather not get a lawyer, but would like to know whats up, especially from anyone who is from that area

jew_boy
04-14-2008, 05:18 PM
damn that suck

1NonlyAccord
04-14-2008, 05:21 PM
I dont think your going to get anyhelp from people since you were out driving under the influence that could have put some1 in danger..
even if it was .63 or w/e
just my:2cents::no:

integra82786
04-14-2008, 05:25 PM
I thought anything above like .25 would put you into a coma. my buddy blew a .18 and they said he shouldn't have even been able to get into the car. anyways, depends on what you got pulled over for in the first place. if you were speeding and failed the test, and you're under age, I would say you are pretty screwed. if it was a tag light or something they may work with you. I would get a lawyer...

ryanh300
04-14-2008, 05:26 PM
I got a DUI when i was 20 and you have to make sure to read the back of the ticket that you're supposed to drive on because I am pretty sure that you have to go to court within 10 days of getting the ticket and give the judge a blood test so that you can drive until your court date. If not..your drivers license is going to get suspended and you wont know it.

You're going to need to go in and plead "DUI Less Safe" and it lets you lose your license only for 6 months instead of a year. But you have to make sure to go to court within 10 days of getting the ticket or your license gets suspended and you wont know it. Read the back of the big yellow ticket that they give you that they say you're supposed to drive on.

You're going to get 6 months w/o a license and a year on probation w/ 40 hrs community service if you plead dui less safe. If you plead guilty you'll get a year w/o a license and a year on probation with 40 hrs comm serv.

DieselNuts
04-14-2008, 05:26 PM
I got one when I was 19. I got a lawyer and he kept pushing the court date back untill I turned 21(a total of about a year and a half). He cost me $1400 alone and from what Ive heard, thats a bangin a$$ price. That would be my advice.

I have never heard of any sort of program that will get a DUI dismissed no matter what county, city, state, age, whatever. A DUI will not be dismissed unless the officer fuked up in the process.

mushroom_toy
04-14-2008, 06:00 PM
/fail.

GIXXERDK
04-14-2008, 06:05 PM
I hope you never drive again.

IndianStig
04-14-2008, 06:22 PM

MY BAD>

your ****ed

southside
04-14-2008, 06:31 PM
damn your fuc*ed I hope you lose your license.Teach you a lesson.

Scotsman
04-14-2008, 06:33 PM
thats a bit of an overkill. .63 is not even tipsy son.

nolo perhaps? shoulda denied the breathelizer. .08 is the legal limit

IndianStig
04-14-2008, 06:35 PM
.08 is the legal limit

oh **** my b, i was going by .8 i completely forgot.

yeah..you're ****ed buddy

bastarling84
thats a bit of an overkill. .63 is not even tipsy son.

nolo perhaps? shoulda denied the breathelizer.
You're kidding right? Maybe you are thinking of .063, but .63 is a lot. After an entire day of drinking hard, the highest score I got was .18 and I'm not a huge guy.

BTW personal Breathalyzer at a bar = best game ever. For some reason the girls that seem to blow high BAC's have a huge crowd of guys around them.

edit- nevermind; you changed it while I was in the middle of posting.

Justin.
.63 my ass...

IndianStig
04-14-2008, 06:36 PM
You're kidding right? Maybe you are thinking of .063, but .63 is a lot. After an entire day of drinking hard, the highest score I got was .18 and I'm not a huge guy.

BTW personal Breathalyzer at a bar = best game ever. For some reason the girls that seem to blow high BAC's have a huge crowd of guys around them.

word imma buy a breathalizer one day

Scotsman
04-14-2008, 06:38 PM
word imma buy a breathalizer one dayyou can get em at pep boys for around a bill , lol

Scotsman
04-14-2008, 06:40 PM
i have had two dui's within 10 yrs , being under 21 and gettin a dui= uber f'd unless you pay top dollar for a lawyer

JayKnight
04-14-2008, 07:08 PM
Lets see....Under Age drinking -1, Driving while drinking -1 So needless to say you might be screwed. Either way, you were stupid for what you did, and deserve what ever the court hits you with.

Later !!!

quickdodgeŽ
04-14-2008, 07:27 PM

100% agreed.

What a fuccing moron. Later, QD.

quickdodgeŽ
04-14-2008, 07:29 PM
or if they have a program for under 21 year olds to get it dismissed, cause i know atlanta does, if they have a program i rather not get a lawyer, but would like to know whats up, especially from anyone who is from that area

I hope like hail that there is no options for you. You're an idiot. Take your punishment like a man, dummy. You thought it was cool to drink and drive so why don't you think it's cool to deal with your stupid actions? Later, QD.

ueyedgr8tness
04-14-2008, 07:31 PM
I am glad u didnt wreck and kill 1 of my friends are family because u wouldnt be at your comp right now..On the bright side u didn't and got pulled over before hand so suck it up and get ready for the judge to fu** u in the ass like what needs to happen to all ppl that drink and drive..

itsnotarex
04-14-2008, 07:38 PM
It sucks, but you're going to lose your license. Also, there's no way you were that ****ed up to blow a .63. That's impossible. ANYTHING over .5 will kill you, maybe even less than that.

In that case, if you mean .063, you're under the legal limit (if you're 21, which you aren't), and with a lawyer you may be able to reduce your punishment. You'll no doubt get a hefty fine and a suspension, plus maybe something for underage consumption. Either way it won't be fun. The bottom line that if you're going to drink underage AT ALL (bad idea nowadays, it seems), stay the hell out of a car.

Also, you've got enough people telling you how huge of a moron you are, so I'll forgo that.

Good luck, because to be honest, at the end of the day it seems like you weren't exactly hammered. You just got unlucky in a situation I'm sure a lot of us have put ourselves in. Doesn't make it right, however.

tightflks
04-14-2008, 07:48 PM
im sorry let me correct that i blew a .063

and yeah i know it was stupid, but the situation came down to me or one of my friends, and they were all hammered not willing to take a cab, and i was fully capable of driving, and we only got pulled over cause of a tag light out, i was drivin speed limit or 5 below, i turn 21 in june

tightflks
04-14-2008, 08:01 PM
I got one when I was 19. I got a lawyer and he kept pushing the court date back untill I turned 21(a total of about a year and a half). He cost me $1400 alone and from what Ive heard, thats a bangin a$$ price. That would be my advice.

I have never heard of any sort of program that will get a DUI dismissed no matter what county, city, state, age, whatever. A DUI will not be dismissed unless the officer fuked up in the process.

the officer kinda ****ed up, he read me rights for a 21 year old and then later corrected it

Scotsman
04-14-2008, 08:12 PM
the officer kinda ****ed up, he read me rights for a 21 year old and then later corrected itdoesnt matter , under age+ zero tolerance in GA = http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l292/BurnOutGetSpun/fuct.jpg

seriousb13
04-14-2008, 08:47 PM
Since you turn 21 in June, you should extend your court date sometime AFTER June when you are 21. Plus take a DUI class before you go to court. It will help big time if you did some community service ahead of time before you go to court. If you show the prosecutors that what you did was wrong and went through all that trouble, they will probably work something out! maybe

Scotsman
04-14-2008, 08:48 PM
Since you turn 21 in June, you should extend your court date sometime AFTER June when you are 21. Plus take a DUI class before you go to court. It will help big time if you did some community service ahead of time before you go to court. If you show the prosecutors that what you did was wrong and went through all that trouble, they will probably work something out! maybeexcellent points^^^^^^repped

BanginJimmy
04-14-2008, 08:51 PM
stringing out the court date until after you are 21 wont do you any good. You still committed the offense before you turned 21.

On top of the suspension, the 7k+ in fines and legal fees you will also have the increased insurance when you do get your license back. A guy that worked for me had to sell his car and pick up a beater because his insurance more than doubled after his DUI. He was also 20 and less than 2 months from his 21st.

seriousb13
04-14-2008, 08:54 PM
stringing out the court date until after you are 21 wont do you any good. You still committed the offense before you turned 21.

On top of the suspension, the 7k+ in fines and legal fees you will also have the increased insurance when you do get your license back. A guy that worked for me had to sell his car and pick up a beater because his insurance more than doubled after his DUI. He was also 20 and less than 2 months from his 21st.

Trust me it will work.:goodjob:

tightflks
04-14-2008, 08:54 PM
everyone i appreciate the advice, as well as the bashing, i know i ****ed up

quickdodgeŽ
04-15-2008, 09:03 AM
and yeah i know it was stupid, but the situation came down to me or one of my friends, and they were all hammered not willing to take a cab, and i was fully capable of driving,

If you really rely on this excuse. you're completely the idiot I first pictured you as from your initial post. So you fucced up your driving record because of your friends not wanting to take a cab? You keep good company. THe only "situation" was you shouldn't have drove. Later, QD.

Dr.G35
04-15-2008, 09:18 AM
sucks for you

itsnotarex
04-15-2008, 09:22 AM

I think what he's referring to is that there are less harsh penalties if you happen to be over 21 when you go before the judge. Still won't change the underage drinking thing, but it sounds like you know what you did wrong. So like someone above me said, take a DUI class and do some community service before going to court. It will help.

blaknoize
04-15-2008, 09:33 AM
If u were in DeKalb county they have a program for dismissal if ur under 21. But ur a dumbass for drinkin AND driving or drinking THEN driving. There may be no way out, but u earned that one, take the consequences and learn from it.

Motivation
04-15-2008, 04:34 PM
Some one I knew got out of a DUI charge and he blew around the same as you said you did... There is a certain way to get "around the system" if you blew a low number... But the hell if I am going to tell you when you were driving drunk in the first place. Too many people DIE because of someone that says, "i've only had a few, I'm perfectly fine to drive." And not enough punishment is giving to the person that was drunk and ended up killing the innocent. DEATH is something you can't erase or heal from... Drinking under the influence is selfish and arrogant, thinking nothing could ever happen to you, and no one could ever possibly get hurt...

mad3nch1na
04-21-2008, 11:21 PM
how did you get caught? driving too fast? not keeping your lane? check point?

man
04-21-2008, 11:53 PM
Statesboro PD just wants your money, BELIEVE THAT. You will probably end up going to some program through the school (assuming) you are enrolled. They generally take over the alcohol related cases, at least they did for all of my friends that were busted in the past.

ShooterMcGavin
04-22-2008, 08:06 AM
way to go dumb@ss, i would say goodluck but i'd be lying

.::UNKNOWN::.
04-23-2008, 01:53 AM
i'm under 21 (20 years, 21 in june) and got a DUI in Bulloch County (Georgia Southern University), blew a .063
anyone know if i am straight up screwed? you are straight up screwed just the fact that .01 is over the limit for a minor..... just for even thinking about driving you need to be taught a lesson.....and refusing a breathalysers is just signing your arrest warrant... when you refuse you just gave them just cause to arrest you for reasonable suspicion and all they will do is take you back to the station and administer a blood test.... and if you get off our justice system is f***ed -1 for drinking and driving

ryanh300
04-23-2008, 06:17 AM
Man, there are a lot of people on IA who think they know what they're talking about and they don't. Oh well..just get a public defender and do what I said earlier in my post.

FRYLOCK
04-23-2008, 09:00 AM
I thought anything above like .25 would put you into a coma. my buddy blew a .18 and they said he shouldn't have even been able to get into the car. anyways, depends on what you got pulled over for in the first place. if you were speeding and failed the test, and you're under age, I would say you are pretty screwed. if it was a tag light or something they may work with you. I would get a lawyer...

dumbass cant read it says .063

quickdodgeŽ
04-23-2008, 10:55 AM
how did you get caught? driving too fast? not keeping your lane? check point?

Who cares? The good thing is that he did get caught. Later, QD.

Motivation
04-23-2008, 11:21 AM
dumbass cant read it says .063

Dumbass read all the post. He edited it. It said .63 in the first place.

Motivation
04-23-2008, 11:22 AM
Who cares? The good thing is that he did get caught. Later, QD.

x2, and not at the expense of someone else's life.

twinj
04-23-2008, 12:26 PM
If you learn anything, please let it be not to post you have a DUI on here. When you do **** like that think about you future first. You just ****ed yourself out of alot of jobs and opportunities alone. G/L to ya ,you will need it. hopefully you learn your lesson. Start thinking before you act for now on.

01CDMLUDER
04-26-2008, 10:16 AM
you're screwed and u deserve it! why the fucck would u drink and drive?

EJ25RUN
04-26-2008, 10:26 AM
.08 is the legal limit

He's under 21.

0.01 is illigal!

P.s., your an idiot and im glad you got caught.

Deke
04-26-2008, 02:47 PM
Lol, at everyone who didn't realize .63 was a typo. Dead lately?

Good luck with everything man. You'll probably lose your license for awhile but I doubt too much will come out of it. I had a friend that got a DUI when he was 17 or 18 I believe (he blew a .04x). He couldn't drive for 6 months, had to do some community service, but after that, he was back to normal life.

Suck it up, learn your lesson, and move on with your life :)

man
04-27-2008, 06:19 PM
you are straight up screwed just the fact that .01 is over the limit for a minor..... just for even thinking about driving you need to be taught a lesson.....and refusing a breathalysers is just signing your arrest warrant... when you refuse you just gave them just cause to arrest you for reasonable suspicion and all they will do is take you back to the station and administer a blood test.... and if you get off our justice system is f***ed -1 for drinking and driving

Reasonable suspicion is not grounds for an arrest and refusal is not grounds for a probable cause arrest.

Also, people on IA are some of the biggest drama queens in the world (not talking about OP, or the guy I quoted) I wonder if you people talk like this in real life. If so you must be "that guy" in your group of friends. :lmfao:

quickdodgeŽ
04-27-2008, 07:06 PM
(not talking about OP, or the guy I quoted)

Damn. I thought you knew more about me to include me in this elite group. Later, QD.

Ruststang
04-27-2008, 11:04 PM
I may be wrong but i always heard .02 was if you under 21, everyone knows over 21 is .08. Oh and ill chime in with the way to go retard and glad you didn't kill anyone. I wish you weren't so ignorant and could truely understand what risks you took in asuming you were ok to drive. Later, RS. :dosn't work for me:

lilmanx01
04-28-2008, 05:55 PM
get a kick ass lawyer. save every penny.. it can cost you an easy 5k.

alcohol is ZERO tolerance if your driving. .02 under 21. or .08 21+ DOES NOT MATTER. IF YOU ARE BEHIND THE WHEEL IT NEEDS TO BE .000

if your under 21 and chilling some where and you get tested by a cop for whatever reason if you blow over .02 than yes your in violation of having consumed alcohol

lilmanx01
04-28-2008, 06:02 PM
I think what he's referring to is that there are less harsh penalties if you happen to be over 21 when you go before the judge. Still won't change the underage drinking thing, but it sounds like you know what you did wrong. So like someone above me said, take a DUI class and do some community service before going to court. It will help.

taking the class before you go to court and community service will lessen the punishment. BUT you will still be charged will full punishment.

For instance lets say you are punished with 100 hrs community service and a DUI course. Lets also say you have already completed 50 hrs community service and a DUI course...they would still make you serve 50 hours at the least. NOW unless understand that at the same time the judge could say it doesnt matter starting today you still have to serve 100 hrs of community service and only sign off saying that you took the DUI class.

Under the age of 21 your license is gone 6 months minimum if not a year no questions asked the court room doesnt care, DMV doesnt care. You wont get a license for school/work - nothing. Flat out 6 months minimum no license.

IF you have a damn good lawyer he may be able to get that dropped to Wreckless Driving.. but you will still probably have to serve and pay full DUI punishment, but trust you really really want Wreckless on your record rather than a DUI even if you have to serve/pay more do more, whatever.

ryanh300
04-28-2008, 06:04 PM
Lol, at everyone who didn't realize .63 was a typo. Dead lately?

Good luck with everything man. You'll probably lose your license for awhile but I doubt too much will come out of it. I had a friend that got a DUI when he was 17 or 18 I believe (he blew a .04x). He couldn't drive for 6 months, had to do some community service, but after that, he was back to normal life.

Suck it up, learn your lesson, and move on with your life :)

Thank you!!! The only educated post in this thread. Go to court and plead DUI less safe and it will only take your license away for 6 months. Go do your 40hrs of community service and show up for your probation and pay w/e your monthly fee is and deal with that for a year. It sucks but so does driving drunk. :cheers:

lilmanx01
04-28-2008, 06:09 PM
^yea 6 months easy. 40 hrs to 70 hrs. DUI class and about 5-7k in fines...fees...classes..drug tests. so yes suck it up..lol save up. move on. oh, and dont ever fcuking do it again. the 2nd time your lawyer alone will cost you how much this entire first DUI is going to cost.