PDA

View Full Version : Laptop Repair

soul
04-14-2008, 03:37 PM
Mods move if in worng section

ANY TECHS PLEASE PM,
HpDv9250us Is the model and think the screen has a short, or board problem. Cant get anything on bootup not even bios. Did get bios once, in the last couple days, guess i got lucky and had the screen an whtnot in the perfect place... idk

AB3dj
04-14-2008, 04:13 PM
Mike (droptopdrifter) or whatever his SN is used to work on laptops. Not sure if he still does but I'd be willing to bet that he could sort you out. Alternatively, you can always disassemble it yourself. Plenty of DIYS manuals on the net and HP is pretty basic. If it's a ribbon issue then it could be as simple as it being loose or it could be worse. :2cents:

soul
04-14-2008, 04:16 PM
Mike (droptopdrifter) or whatever his SN is used to work on laptops. Not sure if he still does but I'd be willing to bet that he could sort you out. Alternatively, you can always disassemble it yourself. Plenty of DIYS manuals on the net and HP is pretty basic. If it's a ribbon issue then it could be as simple as it being loose or it could be worse. :2cents:
thanks, im gonna go the diys route, just sucks beenabout 1 1/2 months since warrenty ran out go figure lol

4dmin
04-14-2008, 08:52 PM
dude did you try the external monitor; boot w/ no harddrive, etc...

if it is a board issue you 95% not fixing that w/o replacing the board or sending it back to HP which they will just replace.