PDA

View Full Version : Quick Verizon Question

Blitanicle99
04-14-2008, 11:53 AM
How would someone find out if their phone had the GPS tracking program applied to a verizon cell phone without being the account holder?

Long story short, friends girlfriends parents are pyschotic and someohow in hell always know where she is. So we figure its either a GPS in her car or the GPS tracking on her phone. Her phone is capable of having it and so is verizon. Any help appreciated. :goodjob:

SouthSide Tay
04-14-2008, 11:58 AM
well if she is so worried about her parents tracking her.
1.the easist way to fully know that they cant is to turn the phone off and pull the battery.
2. buy a new phone off ebay or from a local person that dosent support GPS tracking.
3.call verizon up and add herself as a authrized user and cahnge all the account settings they well prolly never know

If you still got qeustions about her phone give the model number and i will see if i can tell you who to turn gps off. and every phone has a way to manually turn off GPS

Blitanicle99
04-14-2008, 12:29 PM
well if she is so worried about her parents tracking her.
1.the easist way to fully know that they cant is to turn the phone off and pull the battery.
2. buy a new phone off ebay or from a local person that dosent support GPS tracking.
3.call verizon up and add herself as a authrized user and cahnge all the account settings they well prolly never know

If you still got qeustions about her phone give the model number and i will see if i can tell you who to turn gps off. and every phone has a way to manually turn off GPS

We are almost postive they are, it would explain alot. However she isnt worried that she is, its just the point of the thing. The girl is 20 years old and her parents treat her like she is 10.

Thought about 1 and 2. And her dad has to add her as an authorized user.

Oh, never thought about going through settings and turning it off that way... Hmm.

Motivation
04-14-2008, 12:40 PM
Go to your phone settings and look for "location". Put it on "911 only". I think it stops it from being tracked except from 911 services... Not 100% sure on that one though.

thinkfast®
04-14-2008, 12:41 PM
PROBLY WOULD HELP IF YOU DIDNT SERVE THAT STINT FOR PROSTITUTING 20 YR OLDS

LIVE W/ IT TUFF GUY

SouthSide Tay
04-14-2008, 12:44 PM
i say she get you all her dads info and you call verizon and add her a s a authrized user? thats what i did years ago.

if she is so worried that her parents are in her ****t all the time she needs to move out and do everything on her own then she has nothing that they can control of hers

Blitanicle99
04-14-2008, 12:52 PM
Ill definately have her try your idea. Thanks.

And honestly its wayyyy too long of a story to explain. However its completely justified. Also, I dont think she would want me to tell her personal life on IA... especially whoreslounge lol

thinkfast®
04-14-2008, 12:53 PM
IN FOR NUDES

Killer
04-14-2008, 12:59 PM
Go to your phone settings and look for "location". Put it on "911 only". I think it stops it from being tracked except from 911 services... Not 100% sure on that one though.

yep... ^^^ that should do it..

vzw navigator (if on) allows other members of verizon using the program to basically pin point by gps where you're at...

i had been using vzw for awhile.. told my girlfriend about it.. she tried it out... sent me a message through vzw navigator and it told her the address i was sitting at!!! lol...

(wasn't a problem for me cause she was sitting next to me in my car lol...)

Killer
04-14-2008, 01:01 PM
Ill definately have her try your idea. Thanks.

And honestly its wayyyy too long of a story to explain. However its completely justified. Also, I dont think she would want me to tell her personal life on IA... especially whoreslounge lol

my pm box is always clear.... :ninja: LOL! j/k man...

should be able to turn the location setting off as stated above.. lol.... if you need step by step.. hit me up.. i'll have to grab my old phone... but it's just a couple buttons...

Blitanicle99
04-14-2008, 03:08 PM
Hell yeah. Repped guys. Thanks.

Killer
04-14-2008, 04:02 PM
not every phone is the same... but i had an lg... go to menu/phone settings/location.... and as someone else stated E911 only is what you want it set to.

chrisdavis
04-14-2008, 06:32 PM
If her phone has chaparone on it. that is most likely how they are keeping tabs on her