PDA

View Full Version : Misc PS3 Game Recommendations

Ran
04-14-2008, 09:09 AM
I picked up a refurbished 80GB PS3 from Gamestop over the weekend and I'm looking for some game recommendations.

So far I have Restistance: Fall of Man and Need for Speed Pro Street while Grand Theft Auto IV is on pre-order.

What else is there that's worth picking up? When posting a title, please provide some information as to why you like it. Thanks! :goodjob:

BB6dohcvtec
04-14-2008, 09:30 AM
COD 4,info----its ****ing call of duty 4 i am pretty sure you know about it
Rainbow six vegas 2---one of the best out now storyline and graphics wise.

Hulud
04-14-2008, 10:07 AM
if you dont mind me asking, how much did it set you back?

DieselNuts
04-14-2008, 10:13 AM
COD4
/thread

Ran
04-14-2008, 10:39 AM
if you dont mind me asking, how much did it set you back?$400 for the 80GB system itself and a controller. Then I got another controller (this one vibrates :o), a memory card adaptor (for PS & PS2 titles), two 10ft USB cables, and then the games.

Rainbow six vegas 2---one of the best out now storyline and graphics wise.COD4 was very tempting, but I went with Resistance for my first title since they had a used copy. I'd jump on COD4, but I'd rather not get another shooter when I haven't finished the one I just got.

Hulud
04-14-2008, 10:47 AM
$400 for the 80GB system itself and a controller. Then I got another controller (this one vibrates :o), a memory card adaptor (for PS & PS2 titles), two 10ft USB cables, and then the games.
so it was 400 for the system and controller? not bad

how long is the warrantee?

AlanŽ
04-14-2008, 10:49 AM
Rainbow six vegas 2---one of the best out now storyline and graphics wise.
Do not waste your money on vegas. Mine will be going back to the store when I go to pre-order GTAIV this week.

BTW not to thread jack but when you pre-order a game do you have to pay the full amount up front or can you pay the rest when you pick it up?

Vteckidd
04-14-2008, 10:51 AM
Halflife 2
COD4
Rainbow 6 Vegas2

But my favorite game has been Uncharted: Drakes Fortune

PM me i have alot of games for sale for CHEAP

Vteckidd
04-14-2008, 10:52 AM
i have devil may cry 4, unreal tournament, need for speed carbon an a bunch others im selling

Ran
04-14-2008, 10:53 AM
so it was 400 for the system and controller? not bad

how long is the warrantee?7-Days since I didn't get the extended warranty.

BTW not to thread jack but when you pre-order a game do you have to pay the full amount up front or can you pay the rest when you pick it up?$5 down, and that goes towards the cost of the game. If you change your mind, it is refundable.

xbn83
04-14-2008, 10:54 AM
Ninja Gaiden Sigma - awesome game, great fighting game, many good weapons.
The Orange Box (5 games in one: Half Life 2, HL2: Episode 1, HL2: Episode 2, Portal, Team Fortress 2) - can't beat the price for 5 games, and all of them are very good games. Portal is great, Team Fortress 2 online is extremely fun, fun, fun.
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - good graphic, great story.
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction - awesome graphic, fun game.
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - awesome shooting game, great online play.
Heavenly Sword - short but beautiful graphic, similar to God of War.
Devil May Cry 4 - great game play, pretty graphic.
Turok - good game.

I played and own all of those above, all are very good games in my opinion.

Ran
04-14-2008, 10:56 AM
Ninja Gaiden SigmaI really considered this title along side Assasin's Creed, but since I still remember the difficulty nightmare that was Ninja Gaiden Black, I was hesistant.

Also, when making recommendations, don't bother bringing up the multiplayer aspect. My computer is being gay and won't let me connect my wireless router just yet. :(

Hulud
04-14-2008, 11:00 AM
I really considered this title along side Assasin's Creed, but since I still remember the difficulty nightmare that was Ninja Gaiden Black, I was hesistant.

Also, when making recommendations, don't bother bringing up the multiplayer aspect. My computer is being gay and won't let me connect my wireless router just yet. :(
only problem with assassins creed is it gets repetitive

Vteckidd
04-14-2008, 11:01 AM
ninja gaiden is good but HARD AS ****

Assassins creed blows, cool for 15min

cartune
04-14-2008, 11:04 AM
GT5:cheers:

Ran
04-14-2008, 11:10 AM
GT5:cheers:Thought about it, but I'll wait and borrow it from a friend first. GT4 was incredibly boring after about 2 days due to the extreme lack of customization. Other titles such as Forza 2 and the NFS series have definitely swept the car game market away from Gran Turismo, who's only saving grace so far is eye candy. It would be nice to have GT5 best my expectations though.

Anybody heard anything on Turok? Previews look good and I loved the original one on N64.

xbn83
04-14-2008, 11:22 AM
Read my post above, but it is a good game. I've played it.

Vteckidd
04-14-2008, 11:38 AM
The concensus is Turok sucks, another failed FPS

I havent played it, but most people ive talked to said it sucks.

Nemesis
04-14-2008, 11:46 AM
Download some demos off PSN man. If you want, we can trade for COD4 and RFOM for a week or so, im working from home today so lemme know dude.

xbn83
04-14-2008, 11:48 AM
I don't know about others, but to me it is ok. I can't be worse than Dark Sector. DS is really bad!

Ran
04-14-2008, 01:15 PM
Download some demos off PSN man. If you want, we can trade for COD4 and RFOM for a week or so, im working from home today so lemme know dude.I'd love to, but my comp is being gay and won't let my PS3 connect. I actually just downloaded the latest software upgrade from the website onto my flashdrive so I can update my PS3 when I get home. As of right now, my backwards compatibility is hit and miss with my PS2 titles. :(

Oh before I forget!

Technical Question
If I leave my controllers plugged into the USB connection, will it drain the battery life on the controllers? I know that doing so with a cell phone or iPod will shorten their charge. Help?

Ran
04-15-2008, 09:15 AM
Okay, so last night I updated the firmware on my PS2. Now all my PS2 games are compatible again! Yay!

Is it just me, or do my PS2 games look A LOT better now?

soul
04-15-2008, 12:40 PM
Okay, so last night I updated the firmware on my PS2. Now all my PS2 games are compatible again! Yay!

they do, just like 360 does to old xbox games, its scales em up.

ISAtlanta300
04-15-2008, 03:38 PM

You mean you updated the firmware of the pS3 right? They had a firmware 2.3 release yesterday, but mostly it is for the new PS3 store and the addition of DTS HD-MA decoding.... the upscaler, mosquito noise etc. was added with version 2.20, but if you did not do that update, then yes.. your games will prob. look better now... (the firmwares are cumulative).

green91
04-15-2008, 03:41 PM
Gran Turismo 5 prologue is being released TODAY through wal-mart, im about to go find a copy in a few minutes

Ran
04-15-2008, 08:15 PM
You mean you updated the firmware of the pS3 right?Yeah, my bad on the typo.

They had a firmware 2.3 release yesterday, but mostly it is for the new PS3 store and the addition of DTS HD-MA decoding.... the upscaler, mosquito noise etc. was added with version 2.20, but if you did not do that update, then yes.. your games will prob. look better now... (the firmwares are cumulative).I think my update was Ver.2.20. I didn't see a link for 2.30 on the PS website. I'll check back later. :cheers: