PDA

View Full Version : Panhandling law in atlanta (what are you thoughts)

4dmin
08-15-2005, 01:17 PM
Panhandling law in atlanta (what are you thoughts)... i personally think they should get a damn job like every other person. i've been working since i was 14 i think if a 14 year old can get a job then a grown man/woman should do the same. :goodjob:

Spyder
08-15-2005, 01:19 PM
i havent heard about the new law, but i have worked since i was 16. i had to wait until then to buy a car.. both of my parents worked and we were to far form anything to walk..

quickdodgeŽ
08-15-2005, 03:03 PM
Basically, they made it a law(it always has been..just now really enforcing it) to beg. They have marked off a specific area of downtown where it will be heavily targeted. NOW, the thing is, though, they can still ask for money, but not orally. They are allowed to hold signs still. I'm with Paul. I can't stand those motherfuckers. I guess they'd rather starve than make a hamburger. Hell, minimum wage at McDonald's, 40 hours a week is better than sitting on a street wondering when you are gonna eat next. Any motherfucker(bum or not) crying about not having a job, while riding right past a Burger King with a NOW HIRING sign in the windows needs to shut the fuck up. I was homeless for 6 months in Atlanta, living in my 88 Accord, right on Buford Hwy in between the Flea Market and midtown. I worked at a Winn Dixie the whole time for 40 hours/week, making around $200 per. Later, QD.

metalman
08-15-2005, 03:31 PM
Often, begging gets more then minimum wage. However, the real issue is that other then the flat out mentally ill, the rest really don't want to work. It takes too much effort. I never give beggars a fucking dime. If someone TRULY wants to work its usually obvious.

quickdodgeŽ
08-15-2005, 03:50 PM
But not often enough. A lot of times, beggers go away with nothing. I would much rather have a guarantee that I will go home with $200+/week than hope I get a few dollars a day. I can guarantee that after the week is up, bums don't make the equvilant of a week's worth of pay at a fast food joint. I've been there and know this. Even fast food pays a bit more than minimum wage. I'm not sure, but isn't it near $6/hour at fast food? Later, QD.

jrobbins30041
08-15-2005, 06:22 PM
those fuckers need to get a job

Spyder
08-15-2005, 06:43 PM
Basically, they made it a law(it always has been..just now really enforcing it) to beg. They have marked off a specific area of downtown where it will be heavily targeted. NOW, the thing is, though, they can still ask for money, but not orally. They are allowed to hold signs still. I'm with Paul. I can't stand those motherfuckers. I guess they'd rather starve than make a hamburger. Hell, minimum wage at McDonald's, 40 hours a week is better than sitting on a street wondering when you are gonna eat next. Any motherfucker(bum or not) crying about not having a job, while riding right past a Burger King with a NOW HIRING sign in the windows needs to shut the fuck up. I was homeless for 6 months in Atlanta, living in my 88 Accord, right on Buford Hwy in between the Flea Market and midtown. I worked at a Winn Dixie the whole time for 40 hours/week, making around $200 per. Later, QD.

interesting.. i also agree it is stupid as hell that they dont just go get a job, but then where would the tards work?

quickdodgeŽ
08-15-2005, 07:04 PM
Publix or WalMart. Later, QD.

Spyder
08-15-2005, 07:04 PM
Publix or WalMart. Later, QD.

lol good point :)

Integseeker04
08-17-2005, 02:42 PM
The problem is that some panhandlers aren't homeless, but they are just straight up hustlers. I would suggest that they all get jobs, but for the ones that can't, just stay on the grind.

quickdodgeŽ
08-17-2005, 02:49 PM
I would suggest that they all get jobs, but for the ones that can't, just stay on the grind.

The ones that can't need to find help somewhere else instead of bothering other people. Later, QD.

Hulud
08-18-2005, 08:07 AM
The ones that can't need to find help somewhere else instead of bothering other people. Later, QD.
:goodjob:

MrEG62U
08-18-2005, 11:40 AM
get rid of them all, my cousin got mugged by one because he told them he had no money. fuck them all

quickdodgeŽ
08-18-2005, 03:06 PM
Got mugged by a bum? How the hell does that happen? Later, QD.

uproot
08-18-2005, 03:07 PM
get rid of them all, my cousin got mugged by one because he told them he had no money. fuck them all

all you gotta do is push them real hard on their forehead.... its all over from there

civic95
08-19-2005, 01:12 PM
Well what exactly are they going to do? Take them to jail? If I was homeless I'd do something to go to jail just to be inside and get 3 meals. Watch how quickly police quit enforcing this. After putting a couple in your car that haven't bathed in weeks, and taking care of them in jail you'd be done too.

It's sad that there a people that are homeless with real mental problems, and physical conditions preventing them from working. Even MCDONALDs will not hire you if your teeth are all rotten, and you can't take showers weekly. What are they to do? and then there are those that take advantage of peoples kindness.

February 9, 2004 - The Business of Begging
Fox6 On Your Side reporter Ronda Robinson spent a month on the streets to see if Birmingham panhandlers are as needy as they want you to believe. The men she shadowed were not homeless, and one was even receiving disability compensation. One panhandler told her he could make $30-40 an hour. Panhandling an average 20-hour workweek, he's making at least $28,000 a year, tax-free. Fox6 On Your Side suggests making donations to your local homeless shelter instead of falling prey to the business of begging.

Jaimecbr900
08-19-2005, 01:38 PM
I agree, they need to just get a freaking job.

Last night, we went to watch a show at the Fox. Coming out to the car, there was a guy there begging, almost at the steps of the Fox theater. Sometimes it bothers me when I see a homeless person having trouble walking and in obvious pain, but that's the exception for me. Most of the time I know that what they really need is to get their lazy ass up and get a J-O-B.

civic95
08-22-2005, 12:01 PM
I went up to chatanooga TN a few weeks back. After parking this lady asked for $1.25 so she could get into the salvation army that night. I felt bad, and gave her $1. 7hrs later we get back to the car, and she is still in the parking lot, and what does she do? Asks for money again with the same story. She didn't even remember asking us that morning. She probably made atleast $200 that day.