PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods getting a chip ecu?

Tree
04-13-2008, 03:20 PM
where can i get a ecu that is chiped or Programmable for modify timing, fuel, and rev limit? dose anyone know of any site?

jaystar
04-13-2008, 03:22 PM
chrome or skunk but whats your set up

Tree
04-13-2008, 03:27 PM
i have a stock one.. and i'm trying to find out what i do to get one.. do i have to get a hole new ecu that chiped and tuneable

vtecgsrguy
04-13-2008, 03:51 PM
you have many options!! but you could get the one you have now socketed & base mapped with "alot" of diff. things! jus depends on what ya want!! but what i would do is get another ecu for your car and have it done so that you'll have the "stock" ecu for emissions reasons or if ya jus wanna run it on a stock set-up! just get in touch with the local shops and have yours done i know one of the best around GA. is "scttydb411 " he's @ mainstream he'll help ya out!!! :goodjob:

Tree
04-13-2008, 04:21 PM
thanks man.. i was about to get a stage one cam for the dohc zc and they Recommendation Cam gear: To make adjustments on the cam positioning to get the most power out of the camshaft.

Fuel Pressure Regulator and gauge: Make adjustments to fuel needs of the camshaft.

ISKY performance valvetrain: Take advantage of the potential of the camshaft by being able to take the engine to higher RPM than stock rev limit.

Modified ECU: Programmable ECU or chips to modify timing, fuel, and rev limit.
so i was trying to find out where the hell i can get a programmable ecu for the obd0 motor

vtecgsrguy
04-13-2008, 07:57 PM
thanks man.. i was about to get a stage one cam for the dohc zc and they Recommendation Cam gear: To make adjustments on the cam positioning to get the most power out of the camshaft.

Fuel Pressure Regulator and gauge: Make adjustments to fuel needs of the camshaft.

ISKY performance valvetrain: Take advantage of the potential of the camshaft by being able to take the engine to higher RPM than stock rev limit.

Modified ECU: Programmable ECU or chips to modify timing, fuel, and rev limit.
so i was trying to find out where the hell i can get a programmable ecu for the obd0 motor
thats about ya best bet. get in touch with him & he'll help ya out even if ya dont even dont use him. he's a good guy!! :goodjob:

Tree
04-13-2008, 08:11 PM
i hope all of this will make the zc quicker.. everyone says its slow!! :(

Tree
04-13-2008, 08:20 PM
what ecu dose the dohc zc use... i heard it uses the ls but i dont have all those wires and i'm a OBD 0

JDMB20
04-13-2008, 08:36 PM
as Mr.kidd he is pretty smart about all the honda stuff and a good guy

Tree
04-13-2008, 08:46 PM
i forgot about him i just im him
, thanks

Tree
04-13-2008, 08:48 PM
next question what the hell is a cam core:???:

vtecgsrguy
04-13-2008, 09:37 PM
next question what the hell is a cam core:???:
when ya send them your cams! :goodjob:

Tree
04-13-2008, 09:43 PM
when what the hell do they do with it?

vtecgsrguy
04-13-2008, 09:46 PM
when what the hell do they do with it?
i dont know??? but i know thats what they have to be talking about.... thats what a "core" is. jus like when ya get a new battery and ya have a core charge & ya give them the old battery.