PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods tune problem greddy turbo kit gsr swap

jimjam187
04-13-2008, 08:56 AM
Have a friend that has a problem.. Needs help. Let me know what you think

95 civic with a jdm gsr motor and a greddy turbo kit. its the 18g turbo with custom 3" d/p and i'm running a hondata s300 with hondata boost controller. i just took it to get dyno tuned but i've got a problem. when we do a pull it starts out good hitting about 7-8 psi from from around 3000 on up until it goes into vtec then the boost starts to rise and it hits 10psi at 7000 and shuts down. it made about 230whp. we tried switching the wastegate vac line between different sources and it didnt change anything. on the last pull we disconnected the wastegate actuator and held it open and it went to around 7500 and made 251whp but it still cut out. i dont know whats going on here. does anyone have and ideas or experience with this kind of thing? my tuner said that maybe the downpipe isnt letting the wastegate open all the way. could there be any other reasons? thanks.....

Vuongy_Dong
04-13-2008, 10:54 PM
what kind of boost controller is it? seems like the boost controller is not controlling boost like it should. you also have to remember that an 18g is a low to mid end turbo. on a gsr motor that revs to 8K rpm it will choke on top end.

jimjam187
04-14-2008, 04:26 PM
I was thinking mabye the wastegate. Or the tuner didnt know what he was doing to fix the problem. Thanks man.

scttydb411
04-15-2008, 07:52 PM
if you can send me the calibration file and a couple datalogs, i'd be happy to look at it to try to help.

if you don't have the datalogs send me the calibration file and i might be able to see something there. to pull the calibration file:
open s300 on laptop w/ usb connected to ecu
key on engine off
click online on the top menu bar
click download
once it downloads do a save as

send it to
[email protected]