PDA

View Full Version : Miata meet at the V? *4/27*

KPowerEP3
04-13-2008, 03:50 AM
Update:

Okay, I guess the parking deck next to Taco Mac is the best location. How about 5PM on the 26th?

Taco Mac Lindbergh City Center
573 Main Street
Atlanta, GA 30324
(404) 574-5813

http://www.taco-mac.com/lindbergh_city_center.htm

Taco Mac is behind Chili's and Longhorn on Piedmont Ave just south of Sidney Marcus (southernmost exit for Ga400).

We will meet on the 4th floor of the parking deck.
Specific directions to get to the top:
As you go into the parking deck (it is behind the Chili's and Longhorn), take a ticket and go up towards the Marta area.
On the 3rd floor of the parking deck, you will see another ticketing machine.
Stick your parking ticket into the 3rd floor machine and wait for the ticket to come back out.
Proceed up to the 4th floor.
We will park away from the elevators as there is a large area for parking together.

Parking is free for the first TWO hours in the parking deck and Taco Mac will give one more hour.

The one nice thing about this location is that when the weather is nice we can go to the roof of the deck. It has an excellent view of the downtown area. If it rains, we can stay in the covered deck. You can take some really nice photographs due to the open structure.

EDIT:
Here are some pics from the previous G&Z meet. You can pretty much see for yourself the advantages of this location.
http://www.g35frenzy.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10751

Someone should bring along a nice fat SLR, if possible.

Also, some of you who're interested should post this up on CR and/or Miata.net if you're active.

Elbow
04-13-2008, 09:07 AM
I'd go but can't on that date

Ronsam2006
04-13-2008, 02:28 PM
I'd go...but I dont have a slow enough car...lol jk.

Elbow
04-13-2008, 02:56 PM
Or is reliability the real factor ;)

metalman
04-13-2008, 06:48 PM
Or is reliability the real factor ;)

Haha..no doubt. :D

As for a Miata meet...unless youre only trying to get a couple teenagers from this board together (along with Simon) :) you may need to come up with another meeting spot. The V is known for ricers, idiots, and cops....not something to appeals to the average cross section of Miata owners in Atlanta. It all depends on who youre looking to get to come out and what kind of cars you want to see.

redrumracer
04-13-2008, 06:51 PM

As for a Miata meet...unless youre only trying to get a couple teenagers from this board together (along with Simon) :) you may need to come up with another meeting spot. The V is known for ricers, idiots, and cops....not something to appeals to the average cross section of Miata owners in Atlanta. It all depends on who youre looking to get to come out and what kind of cars you want to see.
also in addition to that you might also want to post this up on actually miata forums. you might have already and i just havent looked at it yet

yogi08
04-13-2008, 06:51 PM
ive noticed miata owners are usually pretty mature people... but of course theres the ones who arent.

Thighs
04-13-2008, 07:05 PM

well hes also posting this on IA... so yeah.

but i say no to the v. i say we do a cookout at shorty howell park in duluth

KPowerEP3
04-13-2008, 07:27 PM
The only reason I said the varsity was due to it being a fairly central location. Like I said, I'm actually just now starting to do more with mine than drive, add gas, change oil, and would just like to see what you guys have done to yours, maybe ask some questions. I'm really open to when or where, I was posting this more as a feeler to see if there would be any interest.

As far as posting this on other forums, well, I'm not very active on either of the miata forums that I'm on, I have a whopping 4 posts on miata.net and 0 on club roadster.

redrumracer
04-13-2008, 07:36 PM
The only reason I said the varsity was due to it being a fairly central location. Like I said, I'm actually just now starting to do more with mine than drive, add gas, change oil, and would just like to see what you guys have done to yours, maybe ask some questions. I'm really open to when or where, I was posting this more as a feeler to see if there would be any interest.

As far as posting this on other forums, well, I'm not very active on either of the miata forums that I'm on, I have a whopping 4 posts on miata.net and 0 on club roadster.
lol i have a little more than you one both(i really mean like a little may 30 post total on both sites.) i think theres a meet coming up on CR go to the meets section and check it out. also there was just a miata meet, i believe

Jecht
04-13-2008, 10:00 PM
People on Clubroadster don't take too kindly to IA users...

redrumracer
04-13-2008, 10:02 PM
People on Clubroadster don't take too kindly to IA users...
ive never had an issue not that i post alot or anything tho

MskunkM
04-13-2008, 10:20 PM
Well, since I'm finally starting to actually DO stuff to my miata, I'd like to get to know some of you, and check out everyone's cars, what they have done, etc.

When: 4/26/08, 3:00 PM
Where: Varsity
Who: All Miata owners/drivers

Post up if this is something you'd be interested in doing.

love too... but i work till 4 on saturdays :(

whats the point of working in a shop if ya never get to go to good meets...

Jecht
04-13-2008, 10:21 PM
ive never had an issue not that i post alot or anything tho

I posted about the Smyrna meet in the South East board and everyone proceeded to say that they wouldn't come because I posted the meet on IA.

MskunkM
04-13-2008, 10:22 PM
well hes also posting this on IA... so yeah.

but i say no to the v. i say we do a cookout at shorty howell park in duluth

X2 jesse! get back to me... lets set this up.

redrumracer
04-13-2008, 10:34 PM
I posted about the Smyrna meet in the South East board and everyone proceeded to say that they wouldn't come because I posted the meet on IA.
no they said dont invite ia to there meet. inviting them to ia's meet is fine just not the opposite way around, besides that wasnt even enough to consider and 2 of the people that posted there are on ia that i know of.(they dont want the ricers to come out)

metalman
04-13-2008, 10:40 PM
ive noticed miata owners are usually pretty mature people... .

yeah...and some of us are ancient! lol....

gforce23
04-14-2008, 01:33 AM
How many guys/gals are interested? We could meet up at my house in Buckhead/midtown. Alternatively, there's the huge parking deck right behind Taco Mac near Lindbergh Dr and Piedmont Rd. The last G & Z meet was held there if I remember correctly.

KPowerEP3
04-14-2008, 10:18 PM
I know I, for one, would love to see this happen.

KPowerEP3
04-15-2008, 08:49 PM
bump, someone set this up.

mocha latte cupcake
04-15-2008, 08:55 PM
whats this? a car meet while i'm in town.... hmmm interesting... miata or not if this happens i'll probably slide through

KPowerEP3
04-15-2008, 09:12 PM
whats this? a car meet while i'm in town.... hmmm interesting... miata or not if this happens i'll probably slide through

if you come to our (potential) roadster meet, you damn well better be in the S2K.

gforce23
04-15-2008, 09:13 PM
Okay, I guess the parking deck next to Taco Mac is the best location. How about 5PM on the 26th?

Taco Mac Lindbergh City Center
573 Main Street
Atlanta, GA 30324
(404) 574-5813

http://www.taco-mac.com/lindbergh_city_center.htm

Taco Mac is behind Chili's and Longhorn on Piedmont Ave just south of Sidney Marcus (southernmost exit for Ga400).

We will meet on the 4th floor of the parking deck.
Specific directions to get to the top:
As you go into the parking deck (it is behind the Chili's and Longhorn), take a ticket and go up towards the Marta area.
On the 3rd floor of the parking deck, you will see another ticketing machine.
Stick your parking ticket into the 3rd floor machine and wait for the ticket to come back out.
Proceed up to the 4th floor.
We will park away from the elevators as there is a large area for parking together.

Parking is free for the first TWO hours in the parking deck and Taco Mac will give one more hour.

The one nice thing about this location is that when the weather is nice we can go to the roof of the deck. It has an excellent view of the downtown area. If it rains, we can stay in the covered deck. You can take some really nice photographs due to the open structure.

EDIT:
Here are some pics from the previous G&Z meet. You can pretty much see for yourself the advantages of this location.
http://www.g35frenzy.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10751

Someone should bring along a nice fat SLR, if possible. :)

gforce23
04-18-2008, 01:03 AM
So are we meeting next weekend or not? If not, I'm heading out on a curvy loop through the north GA mountains.

gforce23
04-19-2008, 06:02 PM
KPower, could you change the title to something like "Miata meet - April 27th" rather than leaving it as a question mark? :)

KPowerEP3
04-19-2008, 06:04 PM
I'll see if I can get that taken care of.

MskunkM
04-19-2008, 06:45 PM
BUMP

ill be there... unless anyones down for a roadster bbq @ shorty howell park in duluth (eh ehhh?) Either way... ill be there :)

SampaGuy
04-21-2008, 01:35 PM
id probably stop by if its on the 26th...

Jecht
04-21-2008, 03:22 PM
I won't be able to go, I've got a ton of school work to do and finals to study for.