PDA

View Full Version : Buying a used car.....

HatchMan
04-12-2008, 10:03 PM
So yeah I've been trying to get a hold of this guy because I wanted to buy his Integra.
I found it on autotrader and it seemed like a really good deal to me. 99 Ls with only 70,000 miles on it. Asking price: $4,800

I was gonna meet him yesterday but he was "supposedly" busy even though he told me that morning that he could meet me in the afternoon.
So we reschedule an appointment today at 6.00 pm
It took a freaking hour to get to his house in Duluth from Marietta.
Once I got there, some kids were signing some papers buying the car....... What a son of a *****. I had never been so angry in my entire life. I was really really close to punch that mother****er in the face.

redpanda
04-12-2008, 10:05 PM
damn that sucks.. what was his excuse?

Echonova
04-12-2008, 10:06 PM
So yeah I've been trying to get a hold of this guy because I wanted to buy his Integra.
I found it on autotrader and it seemed like a really good deal to me. 99 Ls with only 70,000 miles on it. Asking price: $4,800

I was gonna meet him yesterday but he was "supposedly" busy even though he told me that morning that he could meet me in the afternoon.
So we reschedule an appointment today at 6.00 pm
It took a freaking hour to get to his house in Duluth from Marietta.
Once I got there, some kids were signing some papers buying the car....... What a son of a *****. I had never been so angry in my entire life. I was really really close to punch that mother****er in the face.http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a92/llarrythellama/owned.gif

DecoyOctopus
04-12-2008, 10:07 PM
hey cheer up bucko theres plenty of other integras out there

silversol
04-12-2008, 10:07 PM
so you were a hour late and you are mad at him for selling the car? and from sell ing cars in the past 60% of people that say they are coming to look at the car dont show up!

HatchMan
04-12-2008, 10:13 PM
Hell yeah!
His excuse over the phone 10 minutes before I got there was: "My wife sold it when I was at work, so you don't have to come anymore"

So I got to his house anyway and he HIMSElf was making the kids signing the papers....

He was pretty embarrased in front of the other buyers. I think he was about to **** his pants when he saw I was about to punch him.

The worst thing is that I called him right before I left my house in Marietta and he told me to come over.

HatchMan
04-12-2008, 10:14 PM
so you were a hour late and you are mad at him for selling the car? and from sell ing cars in the past 60% of people that say they are coming to look at the car dont show up!

When did I say I was late?

silversol
04-12-2008, 10:17 PM
reschedule 6pm and you said it took you a hour to get there. and anything in atlanta thats a "good deal" will sell fast some times before you get there. just like the saying "first come first served"

Catnip
04-12-2008, 10:20 PM
wait, you started coming, he knew it. You are now 10 minutes away, he's just getting home from work to see some kids wanting to buy the car and they're waiting for him because he is the legal owner. He calls you when he finds out, you STILL come to his house, and you get mad because he is signing it over?

get over it. go to mcbitchaboutit and get some french cries and a wahhhhmburger.

jfman
04-12-2008, 10:42 PM
For every situation like the OP described, theres a hundred buyers who never show up to see the car like agreed.

Kevykev
04-12-2008, 11:04 PM
WOW, I think that you had the legal right to bash his head in at that point!

Echonova
04-12-2008, 11:21 PM
Guy owns car.
Guy can sell car to whoever he wants.
****head move or not, it was not your car.

Kevykev
04-12-2008, 11:28 PM
sounds like something a craigslist seller would do.

90% of people who sell **** on craigslist have absolutely NO business conducting business.