PDA

View Full Version : taking off PWR STEERING????

vtecgsrguy
04-12-2008, 02:30 PM
HELP ME OUT HERE GUYS!! i am taking off the power steering on my DC integra. 97 LS and just wondering whats the final steps in finishing it? i have the pump off and the main line. now this is where i get lost? what do i do with the line with the senser on it? and what about the two holes that will be left on the rack??? do ya plug'em or what??and is it gonna throw a code if i do??? help me out here guys,this is my first time doing this and the car is ready to complete this!!! thanks for any help or sugestions!!!! :goodjob:

SixSquared
04-12-2008, 05:38 PM
When I did it on my sol, I pulled all the hard lines down to the column. Filled the column and there's a high pressure line and a low pressure line. Filled column till the holes on the rack were leaking fluid out, then used two screw clamps and a piece of rubber hose to connect them.

Did you already do it or are you going to do it? If you didn't already do it I can help you sometime next week.

SixSquared
04-12-2008, 05:39 PM
PS, the way I did it, turning in parking lots and stuff is hard cause you have to fight the power steering fluid pressure in the rack, but once you get over 5mph or so it's easy.

B_Hoov
04-12-2008, 11:09 PM
im converting my 90 EF from ps to non ps, i removed all lines and im actually replacing the entire ps rack with a manual rack, i have heard nightmares from trying to convert one to the other using the same rack.

vtecgsrguy
04-13-2008, 02:45 AM
When I did it on my sol, I pulled all the hard lines down to the column. Filled the column and there's a high pressure line and a low pressure line. Filled column till the holes on the rack were leaking fluid out, then used two screw clamps and a piece of rubber hose to connect them.

Did you already do it or are you going to do it? If you didn't already do it I can help you sometime next week.
thanks.... thats about what im going to do.i jus wanted to ask about it before i jus go into the process and mess something up! but hey... i gues thats how ya learn huh??? but what im worried about is the sensor thats on that line.i think its a pressure sensor...... :goodjob: thanks for ya help!

SixSquared
04-13-2008, 04:19 AM
im converting my 90 EF from ps to non ps, i removed all lines and im actually replacing the entire ps rack with a manual rack, i have heard nightmares from trying to convert one to the other using the same rack.

no nightmares involved. It's just a matter of finding a clamp that will hold... enormongus amounts of pressure go through the power steering rack, so when you put a piece of hose around both pieces and clamp it, you have to be prepared for it to pop a few times before you finally get it really "bitten" on. I was lucky when I did mine (OP.. pay attention HERE) and LEFT ABOUT 3" OF HARD LINES so that I had plenty of "clamp space". Without that I would have been royally F'd.

khaxnguyen
04-13-2008, 10:49 AM
i dont think there will be any check engine codes if you remove PS. =P
Read Post 5/Five (http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163094&highlight=power+steering) post five will show you wat to do... the second link is great on there

Thighs
04-13-2008, 10:54 AM
when i took it out of my miata, i just poured a little fluid in to lubricate everything and plugged the hoses.

vtecgsrguy
04-13-2008, 01:21 PM
ok.... thanks 4 the links!!! i wanna get the fittings from summit today! they dident have the part numbers there???? i guess i could jus go and take the 2 pieces with me and match'em up huh????

khaxnguyen
04-14-2008, 02:29 PM
give me candy.. i deserve something for doing that search =P

Benefit
04-14-2008, 02:35 PM
you take off the belt...hehe

SixSquared
04-14-2008, 02:43 PM
^^But then you still have the pump and lines, which weigh around 8-10 lbs

Benefit
04-14-2008, 05:00 PM
then you go on a diet and lose 10 pounds

AnthonyF
04-14-2008, 08:16 PM
your going to lose about 10 lbs (big deal)

your car will rev up a nano second quicker (whoopi)

cut the belt, and ur done.

mushroom_toy
04-14-2008, 08:19 PM
Rip all the **** out, leave a little fluid in to lubricate, loop the lines at the rack, and boom youre done.

AnthonyF
04-14-2008, 08:28 PM
^the guy is not that intelligent I assume to figure all that out.

mushroom_toy
04-14-2008, 08:32 PM
Maybe not lol, lol you changed your name.

AnthonyF
04-14-2008, 09:01 PM
^yea. I decided that b/c its more mature i believe (nothing againist anyone else names) i love the creativity. My name is always my license plate but im going to be sellingmy car soon. so i wanted to change before then

mushroom_toy
04-14-2008, 09:24 PM
Got ya.

AnthonyF
04-14-2008, 09:29 PM
+11 for the hell of it MT

SixSquared
04-14-2008, 09:47 PM
It also gives you a cleaner engine bay. Removing all my accessories from my Sol was the happiest day of my life.

khaxnguyen
04-15-2008, 10:23 AM
lol my engine bay looks empty now too especially with a D series. =P

vtecgsrguy
04-15-2008, 02:32 PM
^the guy is not that intelligent I assume to figure all that out.
yeah just like we "assume" you wasent a smart ass right? we'll ya proved us wrong. And to state a fact i was making sure of what to do, not just to do it and f*ck things up. Am i not right? oh..... my fault, asking questions is stupid right?? and im not intelligent.... right? :blah:

AnthonyF
04-15-2008, 02:35 PM
^reps given cry baby. hahah what a půssy.

vtecgsrguy
04-15-2008, 02:35 PM
but to all that helped "THANKS" and to the others who just wanted to jack-up someones questions..... "THANK YOU" to you to for giving me a laugh and making my day go by better @ work!!

AnthonyF
04-15-2008, 02:38 PM
^ i guess nuts and bolts are too complicating for you to understand on how to remove.

remember, lefty=loosey righty=tighty.

vtecgsrguy
04-15-2008, 02:41 PM
^ i guess nuts and bolts are too complicating for you to understand on how to remove.

remember, lefty=loosey righty=tighty.
you should be a camedian.... funny man! :lmfao: :lmfao:

AnthonyF
04-15-2008, 02:51 PM
^ you should be a spelling be champ. :goodjob:

you figure out what your doing? good.

:locked: