PDA

View Full Version : Do Gwinnett County police cars have Audio and Video surveillance cameras/recorders?

AB3dj
04-12-2008, 01:18 PM
Installed in every police car? I know they have cameras but do they also have some means of recording conversations?

GuessWho
04-12-2008, 02:49 PM
Here's some advice...
If you get thrown in the back seat....
Watch wat you say :goodjob: ...
Cameras = yes
Recorders = yes

AnthonyF
04-12-2008, 03:01 PM
yes. they are supposed to be turned on immediately when they lights are on. Recorders are on all the time.

AB3dj
04-12-2008, 03:08 PM
Thanks for the info. I'm not worried that I said anything wrong, I'm more concerned with what the officer told me. Probably going to file a complaint even though I doubt it will go anywhere. Thanks again. :)

GuessWho
04-12-2008, 03:16 PM
You already started it man...
Wat did the cop say to ya ???????

thecrazyone
04-12-2008, 07:40 PM
what did he say to you, if its serious im sure some peeps on here would be able to give you some possibly valuable advice

Alan®
04-12-2008, 07:55 PM
if you want to file a complaint and actually have it make an effect on the cop get a lawyer. trust me I got my lawyer to do it and the guy wouldn't be caught dead near me.

chinitoxamor
04-12-2008, 08:09 PM
Installed in every police car? I know they have cameras but do they also have some means of recording conversations?

why dont u try and find out for us

DirtyMechanic
04-12-2008, 09:19 PM
yes. they are supposed to be turned on immediately when they lights are on. Recorders are on all the time. correct when the blue lights get turned on the recorders are turned on as well. the officer cant change that even if he wanted to. then the recording is downloaded to the police server.

what did he say to you, if its serious im sure some peeps on here would be able to give you some possibly valuable advice

psst its IA. IA and advice are suppose to used in the same sentance. lol IA=advice lol:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

AB3dj
04-13-2008, 11:28 AM
Alright here's the story.

I got pulled over Easter Sunday for an expired tag on Highway 78. My birthday's at the beginning of March and was informed that I had until my birthday to get the tag. I always thought it was the end of the month but apparently that's changed. So anyhow that's not a big deal. I was expecting him to just write me a ticket and let me be on my way. Then he starts shining his flashlight through my car and questioning whether or not I have anything illegal in the car that he needs to know about. I told him no and that I was just going home from a family dinner. Then he asks me if he can search through the car and take a look and I denied. After I denied, he told me "oh so you do have something illegal" and I explained that there's nothing illegal in the car, I'd just rather him not dig through it because he doesn't have any reason and I'd rather not have my backseat sitting on the side of the road. He said "look, just let me look and there won't be any trouble, if I find a little something then maybe I'll step on it". I denied again. So he takes my ID, runs my name and comes back. Tells me he is going to impound my vehicle for an expired tag and then inventory the car. I'm not an expert on the law but I'm pretty sure he has the right to do that since technically an expired tag is grounds to impound a car. So he basically gave me an ultimatum. He said that I can either let him search through my car or he can impound it. I chose the first. He called for backup. About 10 minutes later I see a car speeding down 78 comes to a screeching stop and u-turns to the side of the road. I felt like I was in Super Troopers. The officer pulls me out of my car, searches my person, and then sits me next to his car with the backup officer. Digs through my car while I'm talking to the other cop (he was actually a pretty nice guy). Comes back after not finding anything and then basically starts yelling at me like it's my fault. He tells me "look, you didn't have anything in you car so why'd you have to be a smartass? You could have just let me looked and saved yourself the trouble. I wasn't trying to single you out, you know why I did this? Because when people drive by us and see us searching through cars, they know not to bring anything through our county and just leave it at home. I probably wouldn't have even written you the ticket if you would have just let me look." I basically just stayed quiet, wished him a happy easter and went on my way. The incident basically just gave me the impression that this officer doesn't have any regard to 4th amendment rights at all. I dunno, like I said, it probably won't go anywhere but I'd just like to have some sort of formal complaint against this officer. :blah:

Echonova
04-13-2008, 11:36 AM
I'm going to file a complaint against you for using yellow type.

AB3dj
04-13-2008, 11:44 AM
I'm going to file a complaint against you for using yellow type.

Lol... I said a lot of stuff so I needed to bold the main part of the story.

90_ACCORD
04-13-2008, 11:58 AM
u kno if a cop ever asks u to if they can search ur car just say yes. they most likely wont do it if u dont have a problem with them looking
It happened to me once. I got pulled over and the cop kept asking if i had anything in the car he should know about. he asked about 10 times and kept asking to look. I told him go ahead i have no problem with it and he just said "aight well ill trust u have nothing" and he didnt look.

thinkfast®
04-13-2008, 12:37 PM
IM FILING A COMPLAINT ON THIS THREAD FOR LACK OF HUMOR

Alan®
04-13-2008, 01:55 PM
LOL. Don't bother with the complaint. You do know that by signing your license you agree to comply with any request made by a police officer right?

HeLLo iM iZzY
04-13-2008, 02:34 PM
u kno if a cop ever asks u to if they can search ur car just say yes. they most likely wont do it if u dont have a problem with them looking
It happened to me once. I got pulled over and the cop kept asking if i had anything in the car he should know about. he asked about 10 times and kept asking to look. I told him go ahead i have no problem with it and he just said "aight well ill trust u have nothing" and he didnt look.Dude you're ****ing stupid.

STFU.

I'm in a similar situation aswell. Cop asked me where I was going and I answered to my girlfriends. He asks how old is she? I said 16 and I'm 18. (She's been with me since I was 16 and she was turning 15, so its like a year difference) And he goes, you should be in jail buddy. I was like wow, are you serious?

LOL @ Protect and Serve. More like Harrass and Write Tickets !

AB3dj
04-14-2008, 10:02 AM
It happened to me once. I got pulled over and the cop kept asking if i had anything in the car he should know about. he asked about 10 times and kept asking to look. I told him go ahead i have no problem with it and he just said "aight well ill trust u have nothing" and he didnt look.

Yeaaaaah.... no.

LOL. Don't bother with the complaint. You do know that by signing your license you agree to comply with any request made by a police officer right?

That's completely incorrect. In order for a cop to search your car without consent then he needs probable cause. People have rights (4th amendment) that states this. Cases get thrown out everyday because of this. I'm not really sure where you heard this? :???:

Dude you're ****ing stupid.

STFU.

I'm in a similar situation aswell. Cop asked me where I was going and I answered to my girlfriends. He asks how old is she? I said 16 and I'm 18. (She's been with me since I was 16 and she was turning 15, so its like a year difference) And he goes, you should be in jail buddy. I was like wow, are you serious?

That's pretty ****ed up... It's pretty much a prime example of why I stay within the city-limits and avoid the rural (hick towns) all together. Gwinnett lol... :thinking:

stillaneon
04-14-2008, 10:24 AM

You are a dumbass. YOu take a one time experience with a lazy cop to mean they wont. They take every opportunity they can to search your car.

MistaCee
04-14-2008, 10:27 AM
Dude you're ****ing stupid.

STFU.

Lol finally I get a little laugh

Alan®
04-14-2008, 10:45 AM
That's completely incorrect. In order for a cop to search your car without consent then he needs probable cause. People have rights (4th amendment) that states this. Cases get thrown out everyday because of this. I'm not really sure where you heard this? :???:
A cop told me this in regards to field sobriety tests but I thought it applied to this.

AB3dj
04-14-2008, 01:32 PM
A cop told me this in regards to field sobriety tests but I thought it applied to this.

Keywords being "a cop told me this"... My lawyer's told me to always deny a breathalyzer and any monkey dance field sobriety tests. Blood test or GTFO.