PDA

View Full Version : If your Black And Proud, put Your hands Up

Got Milk?
04-11-2008, 09:20 PM
"If your Black And Proud, put Your hands Up" i kinda find this racist to the white people. I mean, i bet if we white people made a song that goes "If you're white and proud put your hands up", than we would be all over the news for racism.

DISCUSS

dnugs03rsx
04-11-2008, 09:20 PM
what song is this isn't it if your happy and you know it clap your hands?

Got Milk?
04-11-2008, 09:21 PM
Idk, but for some reason i was watching BET, and this black guy was singing a song that goes like that. He was at that spring break ****.

Got Milk?
04-11-2008, 09:23 PM
or maybe that wasn't a part of the song, but he kept saying "If you're black and proud, put your hands up" as he sang his song.

BKgen®
04-11-2008, 09:25 PM
it's YOU'RE, you illiterate f*ck.

:D

dnugs03rsx
04-11-2008, 09:30 PM
haha oh yea i think if a white guy said something it would go a lil something like this
http://i27.tinypic.com/14m9q1e.jpg

Alan®
04-11-2008, 09:40 PM
put your flame suit on now

Got Milk?
04-11-2008, 09:42 PM
^^ why, the truth is if some white person said "If you're white and proud put your hands up" on national television, that white wigger would be on every news channel the next day.

BKgen®
04-11-2008, 09:43 PM
"If your Black And Proud, put Your hands Up" i kinda find this racist to the white people. I mean, i bet if we white people made a song that goes "If you're white and proud put your hands up", than we would be all over the news for racism.

DISCUSS

double standard –noun
1. any code or set of principles containing different provisions for one
group of people than for another

koukis14
04-11-2008, 09:50 PM
I am still waiting for White Entertainment Television.......really I am. It is about time we put something on tv with a little taste. I have two black friends that get so angry at BET and all the morons acting like "****ers" on reality shows. I ask them whenever a commercial for I love New York comes on if it makes them ashamed to be black and he says hell yes it does. I love black people, I really do but I hate ****ers"

Alan®
04-11-2008, 09:52 PM
tib wheres the rest of the video for the new coupe in your sig bish

Got Milk?
04-11-2008, 09:53 PM
double standard –noun
1. any code or set of principles containing different provisions for one
group of people than for another

:thinking::2up:

BKgen®
04-11-2008, 09:55 PM
:thinking::2up:

LOL what are you mad about?

i'm telling you that it's called a double standard... that's why we can't say "white people put your hands up".

BKgen®
04-11-2008, 09:56 PM
tib wheres the rest of the video for the new coupe in your sig bish

ehh... it's on youtube but that's pretty much the only good part of the video lol.

koukis14
04-11-2008, 09:57 PM
LOL what are you mad about?

i'm telling you that it's called a double standard... that's why we can't say "white people put your hands up".

Oh we have the ability to say it, we can put those words together and form a sentence that says that.......but we would be treated like we raped a small child if we did. GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!

dnugs03rsx
04-11-2008, 09:58 PM
i actually dont want a white entertainment show because it would probably be made mostly of emo retards prancing around in their girl pants and heavily permed hair.. and yes i love new york lowers the standards of anybody i can't believe that a lot of girls i know watch it..patheticc

BKgen®
04-11-2008, 09:59 PM
i remember back in the day when MTV actually included the "M" in their programming...

*sigh*

dnugs03rsx
04-11-2008, 10:01 PM
yea before carson f*ucked it up

koukis14
04-11-2008, 10:02 PM
i actually dont want a white entertainment show because it would probably be made mostly of emo retards prancing around in their girl pants and heavily permed hair.. and yes i love new york lowers the standards of anybody i can't believe that a lot of girls i know watch it..patheticc

I ****ing hate emo kids. I dream of WET would be classic rock, good movie.....notice how I said GOOD movies, I know all you BET lovers will get your panties in a twist saying "there are movies on BET" but notice the 4 letter word "GOOD". And a show featuring the random beating of people I don't like.:goodjob:

koukis14
04-11-2008, 10:03 PM
i remember back in the day when MTV actually included the "M" in their programming...

*sigh*

MTV is probably 35-45% responsible for the downward spiral this once great country is in the middle of.

redrumracer
04-11-2008, 10:05 PM
I ****ing hate emo kids. I dream of WET would be classic rock, good movie.....notice how I said GOOD movies, I know all you BET lovers will get your panties in a twist saying "there are movies on BET" but notice the 4 letter word "GOOD". And a show featuring the random beating of people I don't like.:goodjob:
all of it was blah-k then this made me lirl

Kevykev
04-11-2008, 10:05 PM

*sigh*

I was thinking about that yesterday.

Mtv2 makes up for it i guess.

P.S

They cannot have a WET channel because it sounds like Pr0n! soo.. :no:

dnugs03rsx
04-11-2008, 10:06 PM
true
1) dating shows showing constant cheating on each other and portraying it as ok and ****
2)stupid dating shows
3) dating shows
4) 30 sec video clips.. i mean how am i supposed to jerk it to brittany's old videos for only 30secs THEY DIDNT EVEN HAVE TIVO YET!!

and i think the only good movie ive seen on bet is belly but thats my opinion

BKgen®
04-11-2008, 10:21 PM
The cannot have a WET channel because it sounds like Pr0n! soo.. :no:
we could have TCC instead.

(the cracker channel)

Alan®
04-11-2008, 10:38 PM
TIB I JUST GOT YOUR REP YOU SUM BISH THAT **** IS DISGUSTING

ksniperfox
04-12-2008, 07:55 AM

DISCUSS

not really. think about it, when cops are pullin people over and gettin ready to arrest them, what do they say? but your hands up, bitch! were just getting them all into the correct mindframe.

MistaCee
04-12-2008, 08:18 AM
I actually agree with what your saying but only that it is not racist.. Black people are just overly sensitive when it comes down to those type of things.(I am black)

AnthonyF
04-12-2008, 08:30 AM
doesnt a white guy own BET?

If we had a WET they would consider that being RACIST. it's fùcking bull**** we live in this society where most people cant use common sense and want to be hypocritical.

EJ25RUN
04-12-2008, 08:36 AM
doesnt a white guy own BET?

If we had a WET they would consider that being RACIST. it's fùcking bull**** we live in this society where most people cant use common sense and want to be hypocritical.

did he sell it, he was the first black billionair?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_L._Johnson

jaystar
04-12-2008, 08:48 AM
a w.e.t lol half of the shows on tv are white that does not count ?

tony
04-12-2008, 09:22 AM
I tend to wonder why.. when a black person points out a social disparity among races it's playing the "race card," but you whiners make up these useless threads and complain about a similar disparity and its a "double standard."

To be honest I really don't care. I'm black and I couldn't tell you the last time I watched BET, some of you act like all black people go home and turn on BET to get their daily dose of "we hate white people." Suck it up.. and if you don't like it don't watch.. its simple as that.

Mike Lowrey
04-12-2008, 09:37 AM
I tend to wonder why.. when a black person points out a social disparity among races it's playing the "race card," but you whiners make up these useless threads and complain about a similar disparity and its a "double standard."

To be honest I really don't care. I'm black and I couldn't tell you the last time I watched BET, some of you act like all black people go home and turn on BET to get their daily dose of "we hate white people." Suck it up.. and if you don't like it don't watch.. its simple as that.

I agree with most of what you said. Here is my problem. I don't have the problem with the idea of BET. I have a problem with the name and it's implications. Do you really think it would be remote possible to create W.E.T.? (lol @ wet).

The fact still remains that what some races can get away with versus other races. If a group of people opposed BET, they would be called racist. If a group of people wanted to create W.E.T., they would also be called racist.

Therin lies the problem, there is one example of a double standard. There are many out there, that affect all races, etc. That does not mean they are right, it just means that there are widespread problems.

My :2cents:

AnthonyF
04-12-2008, 09:40 AM

Your going to have to tone down the big words for most on here. lol. I know what BET is about and it's def not about racisim and "we hate cracka ass crackas" lol. Im not racist and really couldnt give a sh*t if we had a WET. I think it would be lame and boring. And besides, In all honesty, I hate everyone equally. I do feel as if we should not have BET at all. It just makes things worse and brings up discussions like this and its a real world problem, my add fuel to the fire?

tony
04-12-2008, 12:50 PM
I agree with most of what you said. Here is my problem. I don't have the problem with the idea of BET. I have a problem with the name and it's implications. Do you really think it would be remote possible to create W.E.T.? (lol @ wet).

The fact still remains that what some races can get away with versus other races. If a group of people opposed BET, they would be called racist. If a group of people wanted to create W.E.T., they would also be called racist.

Therin lies the problem, there is one example of a double standard. There are many out there, that affect all races, etc. That does not mean they are right, it just means that there are widespread problems.

How's the Elise?

So would it solve the problem to change the name of the station? Should we do away with the notion of "Black Movies" or "Black Plays" like the ones Tyler Perry produces..? BET is just that, entertainment geared toward blacks, its not to say that whites are evil.. understand that in some spectrums blacks do not have the same opportunity as "main stream" and hollywood is one of them.

Its the reason why its a big deal with Denzel Washington wins an academy award. Blacks typically have a hard time relating to mainstream tv shows like Seinfield (Old I know but just an example) so programming is made that blacks are supposed to relate to. (I don't)

jaystar
04-12-2008, 12:57 PM

guess u hate telemundo 2 huh cause its jus a spanish net work lol

IndianStig
04-12-2008, 01:00 PM
THATS WHAT THE COP SAID WHEN THAT MOTHER****ER STOLE MY COUCH!

also, it's just double standards buddy. it's the harsh truth in this world. everyone has a standard to be judged by. call me vain but its the truth.

quickdodge®
04-12-2008, 01:01 PM
And here's my take on this:

Who cares?

Seriously.

This is the only thing that I ever think of when stupidity and ignorance (which runs rampant in this thread) about race comes out in topic. I don't understand why white people whine and cry about BET or BHM or MLK Day being a holiday. SO FUCCING WHAT!!!! How does it hurt any white man that BET exists? How does it make life that much more uncomfortable for any white man for him to know there is BHM?

Seriously.

Do the white people that cry about this have nothing else in their lives to worry about where they have time to focus on something which probably has zero effect on their own life? White people do to BET right now what they "predict" black people would do if there was a WET. White people, I guess, forget that there is President's Day to celebrate. There is Columbus Day to celebrate. Christmas to celebrate. And please don't forget that one day we celebrate where the White Man came over here to yank this country away from it's original owners and "kindly give" them their own place to live. We call that Thanksgiving. If I remember correctly, all the President's this country has ever seen were white.

Seriously.

The question of topic is why do white people make it a priority to whine about what black folks do?

Who fuccing cares?

Later, QD.

OhMyGodfather
04-12-2008, 01:04 PM
we should get someone on tv to say "If you're white and you're proud, put your hands up."

And see what kind of press they get.

quickdodge®
04-12-2008, 01:07 PM
we should get someone on tv to say "If you're white and you're proud, put your hands up."

Why? That's ignorant shiit right there. Why would you want to purposely do something that you're already sure will cause some form of controversy? Later, QD.

silversol
04-12-2008, 01:08 PM
there are RACIST in every race color and religion. but the media tends to think only whites can be racist. like the judge in atlanta that ordered all the whites out to talk to the blacks in the court room. if that had been a white judge he would have been burned at the stake! and then would have been fired! double standerds FTL!!!

jaystar
04-12-2008, 01:24 PM

u did eminem did it

TonyStark007
04-12-2008, 02:51 PM
....there is a White Entertainment Channel.......it's called VH1.....

Catnip
04-12-2008, 03:12 PM
I'm white and watching BET right now.

errrr, WET would be lame. think about it...

tony
04-12-2008, 03:38 PM
there are RACIST in every race color and religion. but the media tends to think only whites can be racist. like the judge in atlanta that ordered all the whites out to talk to the blacks in the court room. if that had been a white judge he would have been burned at the stake! and then would have been fired! double standerds FTL!!!

Trust me if you're white you should be applauding what that judge did. He kicked whites out and told the blacks in there the truth about how shameful some of them were acting. It needed to be said.

blaknoize
04-12-2008, 04:11 PM
Yall really playin out this race card thing here on IA. GOD, shut up already.

blaknoize
04-12-2008, 04:12 PM
I'm white and watching BET right now.

errrr, WET would be lame. think about it...:D

Mike Lowrey
04-14-2008, 11:11 AM
How's the Elise?

I'm lovin' it.....she is dirty though, gotta wash her tonight.

So would it solve the problem to change the name of the station? Should we do away with the notion of "Black Movies" or "Black Plays" like the ones Tyler Perry produces..? BET is just that, entertainment geared toward blacks, its not to say that whites are evil.. understand that in some spectrums blacks do not have the same opportunity as "main stream" and hollywood is one of them.

I do not think changing the name would fix anything. My point is the implication of the name, and would the same be allowed for other as well.

Its the reason why its a big deal with Denzel Washington wins an academy award. Blacks typically have a hard time relating to mainstream tv shows like Seinfield (Old I know but just an example) so programming is made that blacks are supposed to relate to. (I don't)

One of my favorite actors!

Mike Lowrey
04-14-2008, 11:12 AM
guess u hate telemundo 2 huh cause its jus a spanish net work lol

I see you are upholding the notion that IA is full of retards and morons. :goodjob:

Mike Lowrey
04-14-2008, 11:14 AM
....there is a White Entertainment Channel.......it's called VH1.....

Put alot of thought into that one, didn't you.

DESTRO_91
04-14-2008, 11:29 AM
I am still waiting for White Entertainment Television.......really I am. It is about time we put something on tv with a little taste. I have two black friends that get so angry at BET and all the morons acting like "****ers" on reality shows. I ask them whenever a commercial for I love New York comes on if it makes them ashamed to be black and he says hell yes it does. I love black people, I really do but I hate ****ers"
I'm black and BET really does suck. As for White Entertainment Television, that's CBS, NBC, ABC, etc. But once again BET does suck.

Ran
04-14-2008, 11:31 AM
L0l1 luv n3gr0