PDA

View Full Version : AUDI S4 OWNERS - HELP NEEDED

gab5
04-11-2008, 11:29 AM
Sup fellow B5 S4 owners, I am in a pickle. I got my tax return check to spend on an exhaust but dont know which to get. Does anyone have a particular brand on your 99-01.5 S4 that might be willing to meet up so I can get a good idea of what the difference in exhausts sound like?

Currently Im debating between the AWE Twin 1 and the Techtonics Tuning w/ Borla mufflers. Both are about the same price, both offer about the same amount of hp/tq, so that leaves me to sound quality as the final decision factor.

Anyone willing to provide some input would be much appreciated. PM me if anyone is free to talk cars this weekend, drinks on me :cheers:

4dmin
04-11-2008, 07:20 PM
dude save the money and have a custom exhaust ran; you are probably not going to see the gains you think w/ an exhaust. if you don't have software yet i would spend the money on that :D

gab5
04-12-2008, 10:59 AM
dude save the money and have a custom exhaust ran; you are probably not going to see the gains you think w/ an exhaust. if you don't have software yet i would spend the money on that :D

i know hp gains wont be much unless paired up with some downpipes....i already have ecu upgrade (actually looking to upgrade again to the GIAC X flash) but for now the car pulls pretty strong with the current software...exhaust would be more for sound then anything.

from what i recall hp gains are only going to be in the 8-18hp range.

rollininstyle2004
04-12-2008, 01:50 PM
I have a Techtonics downpipe on my Passat. Its a quality piece, but from what I have seen/read id go with AWE's full system over TTs. Why limiting yourself to only those two though?

gab5
04-12-2008, 10:07 PM
I have a Techtonics downpipe on my Passat. Its a quality piece, but from what I have seen/read id go with AWE's full system over TTs. Why limiting yourself to only those two though?

not really limiting myself to just those, they are the only I have heard of... i am open to other suggestions as long as the price point isnt too much different.

Kyle
04-13-2008, 04:31 AM
GHL makes nasty exhaust systems. You can get ones without resonators if you want, they are loud as hell but sound nice. TT does make some nice systems though. Go to youtube if you want to hear the differences. I wouldnt even touch eurosports, they are too quiet, the resonators are big and trap too much sound.

JASONBALL
04-13-2008, 09:26 AM
what tune do you have right now.

On_Her_Face
04-13-2008, 02:51 PM
PM boki he has the fastest s4 on this site (i think)

gab5
04-13-2008, 10:00 PM
what tune do you have right now.

APR which is decent...prolly gonna go with GIAC when my car goes in for the exhaust

gab5
04-13-2008, 10:05 PM
GHL makes nasty exhaust systems. You can get ones without resonators if you want, they are loud as hell but sound nice. TT does make some nice systems though. Go to youtube if you want to hear the differences. I wouldnt even touch eurosports, they are too quiet, the resonators are big and trap too much sound.

mann, ive been up and down across youtube..but its hard to decide which setup to go with....

i guess most of the guys on there are running some sort of custom setup so whatever i do prolly wont sound like the clips do..plus i'll be running stock DPs until my cats go out (which are covered under warranty) at that point i'll have em pull and swapped out with something more secksi soundin...but till then :???:

4dmin
04-13-2008, 10:42 PM
honestly man you can save some $$$ just running custom cat back... i did custom 2.5" to flowmaster single in/outlet on my 1.8t; it sounded great and made roughly 5whp/11lbs.... i didn't have to pay for it and the same setup retail probably would of ran 250-300$ max from a muffler shop ;)

you can expect some major torque gains w/ X+

DavidTB8889
08-26-2008, 10:52 PM
I have techtonics downpipes to a MTM Catback without the resonator on my S4 and it sounds pretty good. i would just get a custom catback and techtonics downpipes

gab5
08-27-2008, 04:44 PM
I have techtonics downpipes to a MTM Catback without the resonator on my S4 and it sounds pretty good. i would just get a custom catback and techtonics downpipes

too late...i already went with the TT catback w/ borla mufflers sounds pretty good to me...but i would be curious to know what the TT DP do for sound....

we should meet up sometime...i live in marietta and am up in kennesaw almost everyday...hit me up if you are cool to link up sometime...ive yet to meet another S4 owner in Cobb (w/ any mods that is)

DavidTB8889
08-29-2008, 02:18 AM
too late...i already went with the TT catback w/ borla mufflers sounds pretty good to me...but i would be curious to know what the TT DP do for sound....

we should meet up sometime...i live in marietta and am up in kennesaw almost everyday...hit me up if you are cool to link up sometime...ive yet to meet another S4 owner in Cobb (w/ any mods that is)

Is yours black?

gab5
08-29-2008, 11:51 AM
Is yours black?

nah man...im the brown guy driving the nogaro blue w/ white leather...she has champion wheels and a spoiler from the prev owner (the only exterior mods) to help describe it

i do recall seeing a guy driving a black one around on barrett pkwy...he claims it was an S4 (but had a pretty fugly body kit and raspy exhaust) i thought it was an A4 based off how badly i dusted him getting on the highway....but who knows

OnURleft
09-01-2008, 11:34 PM
I personally like UUC the most on S4's if you can find it...otherwise AWE is a similar design and high quality + sounds great. I wouldn't do anything borla.