PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever broken an ankle before??

SixSquared
04-11-2008, 03:03 AM
Random ass thread, I know, but I was walking from my car to my house on the driveway and heard a tree branch snap... for those of you who don't know me, I'm extremely skittish at night. So when I heard the branch snap I kinda spooked for a sec and jogged a few steps. My clumsy ass rolled my ankle in the yard. I've got my brace on it now, and I can walk on it ok (I came up the stairs and stuff), but it kinda hurts like up my calf and ****... No health insurance = I don't wanna go to the doc if it's just a sprain, since I know all they'll do is give me some painkillers, yet another ankle brace, and tell me to ice it and stay off it. Just wondering for those of you who *have* broken your ankle before, can you walk on it and stuff? Or is it like you can't bear to put any weight on it at all? If it's something that you guys have walked on, then I'll probably go to the doc tomorrow depending on how it feels, cause if it's a sprain I'll take care of it myself, but if there's a chance I just broke myself, then I'll get a doc to put it back together correctly. :doh:

GuessWho
04-11-2008, 03:12 AM
Rub some dirt on it and you'll be ok...

Besides if it was a broken ankle...
You would of cried like a mo fo...
Twisted just leads to bruisin and swelling...

SixSquared
04-11-2008, 03:31 AM
I don't cry lol. I don't necessarily mean like broken as in snapped broken, but there's a bunch of little bones that make up the ankle... just worried about cracking one of em.

And dammit if I have to bartend tomorrow.. that's gonna SUCK!

1000cckiller
04-11-2008, 07:44 AM
drop about 150lbs and you will feel a better.

SixSquared
04-11-2008, 08:45 AM
drop about 150lbs and you will feel a better.

Oh you mean skinny people never sprain their ankles? Or fall down? Funny... When I was at work last night we had to carry a little sorority girl out cause her drunk ass busted it on the floor... But I guess that was just a freak accident... Once in a lifetime thing. I should have marked the occasion.

Enjoy your reps

does anyone have anything constructive for me?

MistaCee
04-11-2008, 08:47 AM
I don't think its broken otherwise you wouldn't be able to walk on it.

SixSquared
04-11-2008, 09:10 AM
^^ can't

GuessWho
04-11-2008, 09:17 AM
Where u bartend at ????????

1000cckiller
04-11-2008, 09:18 AM
Oh you mean skinny people never sprain their ankles? Or fall down? Funny... When I was at work last night we had to carry a little sorority girl out cause her drunk ass busted it on the floor... But I guess that was just a freak accident... Once in a lifetime thing. I should have marked the occasion.

Enjoy your reps

does anyone have anything constructive for me?oh wow you neg repped me. I have like 2000 green ones so :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

1000cckiller
04-11-2008, 09:19 AM
drop about 150lbs and you will feel a better.http://www.mathewingram.com/work/wp-content/uploads/myspace-owned.jpg

SixSquared
04-11-2008, 09:22 AM
Where u bartend at ????????

Blur in Athens.

redrumracer
04-11-2008, 09:32 AM
when i sprained my ankle i couldnt walk on it and it was swollen to the size of a grapefruit easily. id say if you can put any weight on it then its prob not broken, plus if it was broken you wouldve prob cried even tho you say you dont.

Elbow
04-11-2008, 09:39 AM
I broke my ankle twice, could walk on it both times, hurt, and I limped, but walked on it.