PDA

View Full Version : quick question?

OUTLAW
04-11-2008, 12:51 AM
i have a 93 eagle talon with a 4g63 non turbo engine. i was wondering can this engine take a small turbo kit on it. noting big just a small simple turbo kit not tryin to build a monster just wanna have the lovly blow off sound a turbo car makes is all thanks IA

itsnotarex
04-11-2008, 01:48 AM
You could spring for some forged pistons and rods (lower compression)...you'd then have a potential monster on your hands if you wanted it. I think we all know a 4G63 block can already take an ungodly amount of boost. Wouldn't be too much more expensive and you'll have a ton of power potential. Plus the lovely "psh" sound. :)

However, a 5-6psi kit kinda setup might work on your stock internals. Just don't plan on going anywhere near or above 10, i would say.

I just think once you start adding lbs of boost you're gonna get "that disease" (it's only natural :)) and end up blowing your perfectly good stock internals, so the forged ones might be worth it.

Good luck!

OUTLAW
04-11-2008, 08:24 AM
WHAT WOULD BE THE BEST SHOP TO DO THIS JOB FOR ME. I CALL LETHAL but they wanted to do a 4g63t swap n charge me like 5grand for it. thats way to much thts a whole new car. i just want a small simple turbo kit out on it

redciv1
04-11-2008, 09:32 AM
Wait, I thought the non-turbo diamonds came with 420 motors?

OUTLAW
04-11-2008, 10:09 AM
no there is a 4g63t an a 4g63 just like the nissan's have a sr20de and a sr20det
Wait, I thought the non-turbo diamonds came with 420 motors?

Stormhammer
04-11-2008, 11:15 AM
WHAT WOULD BE THE BEST SHOP TO DO THIS JOB FOR ME. I CALL LETHAL but they wanted to do a 4g63t swap n charge me like 5grand for it. thats way to much thts a whole new car. i just want a small simple turbo kit out on it

AAM Racing Engines

http://www.aamracingengines.com/

Located in Alpharetta/Cumming. Great guys there :D Owner is a diehard boost guy ( owns a turbo laser, Starion, MKIV Supra, a turbo HHR, you name it... )

Got Milk?
04-11-2008, 04:44 PM
mmm, how is your wallet? got money, if you do ill find you good people.

OUTLAW
04-11-2008, 05:51 PM
ok find them n give me a quote
mmm, how is your wallet? got money, if you do ill find you good people.