PDA

View Full Version : What turbo to go with....

MskunkM
04-10-2008, 06:11 PM
i have a 1993 mazda miata 1.6L

i know of 1 turbo for it i have found and its a "universal" greddy turbo...

anyone know anything els, or better?

maybe something made FOR my car :thinking:

and also does anyone have the hookup on tein damer kits?

MskunkM
04-11-2008, 04:03 AM
bump....

Dietcoke
04-11-2008, 06:50 AM
Get a custom setup. But you need to be more specific as to what you're looking for. That dinky stock motor isn't going to spool a whole lot of turbo, and even if it could, it'd probably blow the hell up not too far after that. a 14b or 16g is a good, cheap, small start, and at low boost levels wont overtax your engine.

MskunkM
04-11-2008, 05:56 PM
Get a custom setup. But you need to be more specific as to what you're looking for. That dinky stock motor isn't going to spool a whole lot of turbo, and even if it could, it'd probably blow the hell up not too far after that. a 14b or 16g is a good, cheap, small start, and at low boost levels wont overtax your engine.
thanks..
i want to put a new engine in it but i want to find someone who will do it rite and help me... i was thinking an sr20 swap someone suggested.. but all i read were horror stories and tales about how it took over $5000 in motor mounts to set it rite...

id go for the 1.8L to tak on about 30hp but its still an old motor with not a lot of juice.

any better low cost motors... i like honda but i dont like crossbreeding cars.

Dietcoke
04-12-2008, 08:31 AM
There isn't anything wrong with the stock motor (1.6 or 1.8) but it isn't going to hold any boost to make any power as it sits. If you want a relatively bolt-in affair, go with a 1.8 and its accessories, build it, forged rods/pistons/lower compression MLS head gasket, and some sort of engine management. Simple and cheap.

Footefan52
04-12-2008, 04:15 PM
If you don't like cross breeding cars then why would you go with a SR20? Thats a Nissan motor. Either way my recommendations would be to stick with your motor until it goes. Also do not try to put a huge turbo on it. If you stay relatively conservative then it should be ok.

MskunkM
04-12-2008, 05:13 PM
If you don't like cross breeding cars then why would you go with a SR20? Thats a Nissan motor. Either way my recommendations would be to stick with your motor until it goes. Also do not try to put a huge turbo on it. If you stay relatively conservative then it should be ok.

oh i know an sr20 is nissan... thats why i made the cross breeding comment... but i cant think of another mazda motor that would work well with the miata thats not a miata motor.... i just need a little boost for a little added help gettign the tires to slip, i dont know a ton about boosting but ill learn from someone who does if i can.

B_Hoov
04-12-2008, 11:13 PM
drop a ls1 in it and be done...5k should do it right
http://www.racingconcepts.net/product.html

OneSlow5pt0
04-12-2008, 11:19 PM
1.8 S/C or 13BT swap

Echonova
04-12-2008, 11:35 PM
Custom setup?? Go with what works...
http://www.flyinmiata.com

Thighs
04-12-2008, 11:36 PM
rotary, kl swap, whatever the 2.0 in the new mx 5 is... theres tons of options.

my first choice would be a 1.8 with boost though. you can run 12 lbs and not blow up as long as its a good motor.