PDA

View Full Version : turbo charger car emission test

fininfarina
04-10-2008, 09:29 AM
I planning to install a turbo kit soon

wonder If I have turbo on my ride, am I going to pass?? or I need to uninstall them get pass??

Motivation
04-10-2008, 09:51 AM
umm... Evos, SRT-4, WRX, etc. all have turbo chargers on them and I'm pretty sure they pass just fine. Just a guess but I think it'll be alright...

eYezs1ck
04-10-2008, 10:24 AM
i cant pass mine :ninja:

Barefoot
04-10-2008, 01:33 PM
I planning to install a turbo kit soon

wonder If I have turbo on my ride, am I going to pass?? or I need to uninstall them get pass??
i used to do emissions some cars would pass other had no chance.

umm... Evos, SRT-4, WRX, etc. all have turbo chargers on them and I'm pretty sure they pass just fine. Just a guess but I think it'll be alright...
those are also factory turbo cars so they have to pass.

R32Dragon
04-10-2008, 03:50 PM
A stock turbo system on a stock car will obviously have no issues. Its when you get into modding, emissions go up. You plan on deleting the EGR? the cat? other power-robbing emission equipment? Sometimes, something as simple as a performance oriented ECU remap will throw you over the edge.

Have you thought of boosting your car AFTER you get it smogged?

blackhatch99
04-10-2008, 04:50 PM
well a friend of mine has a turbo b16 and running 6 psi in a eg hatch and puts a cat on when it comes time to pass emission and after he is done he puts a high flow cat on and drives a whole year

if u want get a chip burned for ur car with no turbo and get another one when u get ur car tuned for the turbo

then for emission take the spring out of the wastegate
switch back to stock injectors
and shift at like 3000 rpm and put miles back on the ecu
go down and u will be able to pass emisions

put do this all the time for turbo obd2 car so it works it a proven trick i was going to have to do it on my ek but i ended up goin all motor

Call batlground or talk to Mr.Kidd they will be able to give u more info on it

AnTi-PooN
04-10-2008, 06:21 PM
^^^gangster

EK Hotch
04-11-2008, 08:22 AM
what kind of car? obd2?

scttydb411
04-11-2008, 10:30 PM
90% of the turbo honda/acuras i tune pass. it really depends on your setup. a little more info will help.

obd2 is a little more effort to pass, but mine passes legally every year since i turbo'd it 5 years ago.

fininfarina
04-12-2008, 02:24 AM
thanks for reply

helped me a lot