PDA

View Full Version : Sincere request from PBS

Sammich
04-10-2008, 07:49 AM
monday morning i got a dreadful phone call about a friend, who i just saw and talked to sunday, the day before, got into an accident. some idiot ran the red light, clipped his bike and his helmet came off when he hit the pavement. my brother and i went to wilmington tuesday afternoon after work to go check him out and give support to his family. his dad was torn up like you wouldnt believe, every 10minutes talking about him he would cry just thinking about his son, eyes blood shot red with bags under them.

got his 'report' tuesday while speaking with the family that progress was going better than expected, all his injuries, punctured lung, spleen, internal/external bleeding was healing and no more bleeding. they put him in an induced coma so that his body would only focus on repairing itself. so i leave there feeling better than before having hope, but still bad because to see this guys father torn up the way he was.

well last night (wednesday) about 9:30 i get another 'report' that he may not make it because swelling has occured. right now i'm scared as hell to ask anyone how is he doing or what's going on for fear to hear that he has died or his condition is still declining. i havent heard anything else, so i imagine he is still alive, but please, keep him in your thoughts.

even as stressed as i am about the situation, i can't begin to imagine what his family is going through.

Ran
04-10-2008, 07:58 AM
Got him in my thoughts man. Best of luck to him and his family.

Sammich
04-10-2008, 07:58 AM
thanks nate

blackboi50
04-10-2008, 08:05 AM
yea man.....i know how u feel......do u know any of his friends that might be around so u can call them?????.......dont call the fam cuz seems like his dad is taking it super hard!!!!!

this suxs to hear man :(.....1

Killer
04-10-2008, 08:07 AM
thoughts and prayers to you and his family/friends

Ed
04-10-2008, 08:09 AM
x2 ^^

like i said last night man, im sorry and hope he's ok.

nuhustle
04-10-2008, 08:19 AM
hope all is well. in either case, he's going home. god bless

Sammich
04-10-2008, 08:21 AM
yea man.....i know how u feel......do u know any of his friends that might be around so u can call them?????.......dont call the fam cuz seems like his dad is taking it super hard!!!!!

this suxs to hear man :(.....1

yea i do, they left out last night after hearing the word that he may not make it, but i'm scared to see whats going on...almost makes me tear up to type this **** man..shoulda took some stress pills this morning..****s sad:(

thanks ed, kyle and all

blackboi50
04-10-2008, 08:28 AM
yea i do, they left out last night after hearing the word that he may not make it, but i'm scared to see whats going on...almost makes me tear up to type this **** man..shoulda took some stress pills this morning..****s sad:(

thanks ed, kyle and all

yea but that stress and pain aint gonna go away unless u find out whats goin on.........dont call the family but call a mutual friend and see if they have any updates.....damn bro i hate hearing these stories!!!! :(......1

isa2o3
04-10-2008, 08:29 AM
hope all is well. in either case, he's going home. god bless

:thinking:. anyways best wishes to him. sorry to hear that dude. i lost my best friend a few years ago and it tore me down. i cant even explain his moms reaction. she cried harder when she me and other friends of his. i wish his family does not have to go through that.:no:

EJ25RUN
04-10-2008, 08:32 AM
god bless :(

Sammich
04-10-2008, 08:33 AM
yea but that stress and pain aint gonna go away unless u find out whats goin on.........dont call the family but call a mutual friend and see if they have any updates.....damn bro i hate hearing these stories!!!! :(......1

yea i know..but i dont wana hear, "he's gone"

Brett
04-10-2008, 08:38 AM
He and his family will be in my thoughts man.

Is the swelling in his brain? If so they can usually correct that and release the pressure

Sammich
04-10-2008, 08:39 AM
i dont know..i didnt even wanna get into details last night i just went to my car and rode out. sh*ts depressing..he's only 25 man..fukin 25, and its about to go down the drain cuz some idiot wants to run a red light

Brett
04-10-2008, 08:42 AM
I know man, and I feel for ya bro. Its hard to understand why ones we care for are made to suffer from no fault of thier own. Thats one of the reasons I got rid of my bike, Cause I knew everytime I rolled out on it, Leisa was home and wondering if I would make it back home, she always worried when I was on it, Not cause of how I rode but how people around me drove.

Sammich
04-10-2008, 08:45 AM
yea, i guess i need to take that into account now. i wanted a bike, but now its making me think twice. i have a wife, its not just me now.

thanks big homie

Brett
04-10-2008, 08:47 AM
Yeah you need to look at not just what we want, but god forbid something happened whos life around you it will destroy.

Im really sorry though about your boy man, nothing worse than seeing someone you care about in this situation and there is nothing you can do to help, besides just be there..... and trust me, That makes a big difference to him just knowing you are there. Even if he is in a coma still, he knows you are there. And being there for his family like you have is a big help to them.

Motivation
04-10-2008, 08:51 AM
Sorry to hear that man. I hope everything works out for him. I know this don't always sound true, but things really do happen for a reason. Even if we don't know what that reason is or we don't want to see the reason. Just remember, be there for the family. Even though they might take it rough, it also make it easier talking to someone that is a good friend of his that is outside the family... Prayers and thoughts with him. What was his name if you don't mind me asking?

P.S. I know this don't help, but same thing happened to a friend of mine. Threw him into a tree, DR. said he wouldn't make it because of severe brain damage... couple weeks later he came out fine.

MistaCee
04-10-2008, 08:53 AM
Hope everything goes well.

Sammich
04-10-2008, 08:53 AM
Yeah you need to look at not just what we want, but god forbid something happened whos life around you it will destroy.

Im really sorry though about your boy man, nothing worse than seeing someone you care about in this situation and there is nothing you can do to help, besides just be there..... and trust me, That makes a big difference to him just knowing you are there. Even if he is in a coma still, he knows you are there. And being there for his family like you have is a big help to them.

this statement here makes me think about why he's not gona make it too..i mean..even though he's in an induced coma, when ur asleep, you just know that somebody is over u period, thats why we wake up. so i'm like, the docs are restricting his visits to family only to keep down on the germs and the father said because of the germs he didnt wana go in so much to contaminate the room, but at the same time, he knows/senses that someone is there. when u know someone is there, it makes u wana stay alive. i dont know how frequent or how many of the fam went into the STICU room with him, but i bet with more visits to his beside he'd prolly do better.

Sammich
04-10-2008, 08:55 AM
Sorry to hear that man. I hope everything works out for him. I know this don't always sound true, but things really do happen for a reason. Even if we don't know what that reason is or we don't want to see the reason. Just remember, be there for the family. Even though they might take it rough, it also make it easier talking to someone that is a good friend of his that is outside the family... Prayers and thoughts with him. What was his name if you don't mind me asking?

P.S. I know this don't help, but same thing happened to a friend of mine. Threw him into a tree, DR. said he wouldn't make it because of severe brain damage... couple weeks later he came out fine.

his name is ryan...freaking craziness about that, another friend of mine who has a friend in philly said somebody else named ryan that he knows was found in philly in his car dead. no signs of homicide or suicide, prolly just 'natural causes', HOPEFULLY..and my name is bryan..so its like..is something about to happen to me next

makes me paranoid

blackboi50
04-10-2008, 09:00 AM
yea i know..but i dont wana hear, "he's gone"

man your gonna have to find out one way or another!!!! better if u just call so u know!!!!......i hope and pray that he will be fine and makes a full recovery!!!!....1

Sammich
04-10-2008, 09:01 AM
thanks man

Motivation
04-10-2008, 09:17 AM
Well, keep us posted man so we all know. It's a scary feeling even for those that aren't family. It brings people that know him into the scary realization that we are not invincible in this life. Makes you appreciate life more and the things that you do have, instead of thinking of the things you don't have and wish you had...

collins
04-10-2008, 09:22 AM
pbs, when/where did this happen?

really sorry to hear, man. it sucks to lose somebody like that.

Sammich
04-10-2008, 09:25 AM
Well, keep us posted man so we all know. It's a scary feeling even for those that aren't family. It brings people that know him into the scary realization that we are not invincible in this life. Makes you appreciate life more and the things that you do have, instead of thinking of the things you don't have and wish you had...

yea will do thanks man

pbs, when/where did this happen?

really sorry to hear, man. it sucks to lose somebody like that.

happened up here in SC..like 10mins from where i work/live in murrells inlet, sc (20mins from myrtle beach). happened right in front of a hospital..and that hospital had him transferred to another hospital in wilmington that same day

Sammich
04-10-2008, 02:37 PM
finally manned up and called a friend, they said if he makes it thru, they are gona transport him to Duke University where the best brain surgeons are...

Crazy Asian
04-10-2008, 02:57 PM
GAH I hate this. One rider down Good luck pbs friend. Hope you get up and start to talk again. GANWIEGNAIGEAWNGKASDNVANVAIWEVNAIEKFGNAWEFAGAWGAWE GAV@T@#GWEGAWGAG

Leisa
04-11-2008, 07:46 AM
update?

1000cckiller
04-11-2008, 07:49 AM
got him in my prayers

SicStang03
04-11-2008, 07:53 AM
I hope he pulls through. Keep us updated

This is why I don't want any of my friends to ride. It's the people on the road that I don't trust

Sammich
04-11-2008, 07:58 AM
finally manned up and called a friend, they said if he makes it thru, they are gona transport him to Duke University where the best brain surgeons are...

^^this is the only update i have, sorry..i mean 'no news is good news' especially in this situation. i havent heard that he has passed, so, as long as he makes it they will transport him to Duke today or tomorrow and i guess operate..get rid of the swelling and hemorroging(sp?).

Leisa
04-11-2008, 08:03 AM
yes I agree, no news is good news... :)

Sammich
04-11-2008, 08:04 AM
thanks leisa for ur support

I hope he pulls through. Keep us updated

This is why I don't want any of my friends to ride. It's the people on the road that I don't trust

yea thats why i'm not getting a bike anymore, like brett said..theres somebody at home that will wonder if u will make it back home or not, so its not worth it

Leisa
04-11-2008, 08:12 AM
thanks leisa for ur support

yea thats why i'm not getting a bike anymore, like brett said..theres somebody at home that will wonder if u will make it back home or not, so its not worth it

yep, it is true... I see these dumbasses all the time going 100+ down Ga 400.. standing on their seat, doing absolutely crazy stuff... and I think to myself.. Yep, this is why Im glad Brett sold his bike... I was always worried he wouldnt make it home :(

Sammich
04-11-2008, 08:13 AM
but like my friend..some of the times its not the rider..its the pple around him

Leisa
04-11-2008, 08:15 AM
I agree on that too... People just damn cant drive!

Sammich
04-11-2008, 08:18 AM
I agree on that too... People just damn cant drive!

indeed

Sammich
04-14-2008, 07:51 AM
just an update for those with questions....

the didnt get to transfer him, but the swelling did go down, his blood count is stable and they are still trying to transfer him. i'm more confident now that he will make it. but i'm still praying like a motha

AlanŽ
04-14-2008, 08:02 AM
stay up man he'll be ok

Motivation
04-14-2008, 08:05 AM
x2, Keep your head up man. Hope he comes out of it soon...

Sammich
04-14-2008, 08:08 AM
thanks..i've been feelin much better i went the whole w/e w/o asking any questions about him and finally asked yesterday..so i'm feelin better..

Motivation
04-14-2008, 08:19 AM
How is the family holding up to the situation? If ya don't mind me asking.

Leisa
04-14-2008, 08:28 AM
Im glad he is doing better :)

DESTRO_91
04-14-2008, 08:30 AM
Thoughts and prayers, man.

Brett
04-14-2008, 08:35 AM
just an update for those with questions....

the didnt get to transfer him, but the swelling did go down, his blood count is stable and they are still trying to transfer him. i'm more confident now that he will make it. but i'm still praying like a motha

AWESOME!!!!

Sammich
04-14-2008, 08:36 AM
How is the family holding up to the situation? If ya don't mind me asking.

i havent seen them since tuesday when my brother and i went up there..i imagine they are doing a lil better..i mean his dad was screwed up, i imagine he's doing a lil better..i hope. they were tight like gorilla glue, no lie

Motivation
04-14-2008, 08:39 AM
I can imagine... Know it is rough on them. I know when I was in the hospital when I was younger for Meningitis (sp) and they said I was not going to make it, my dad was running up and down the hospital freaking out. But when he pulls out of it, him and his family will be even closer... They will put any little differences they had aside and not worry about them... But again, keep us posted up whenever you hear anything.

95alty
04-14-2008, 08:40 AM
Good Luck PBS... and best wishes to the family of your friend and get well soon to your friend... tell him he can ride the bimmer for a week when he gets outs (on a cheerful note)

Sammich
04-14-2008, 08:41 AM
ha yea will do man. thanks for all the uplifting comments

tony
04-14-2008, 08:42 AM
i havent seen them since tuesday when my brother and i went up there..i imagine they are doing a lil better..i mean his dad was screwed up, i imagine he's doing a lil better..i hope. they were tight like gorilla glue, no lie

That has to be a worst nightmare for a father.. most likely he was the first person that saw his child from day one so to see him in the hospital.. unimaginable.

I am sorry for the accident and the fact that they were so close to a hospital probably saved his life. It sounds like he will be okay though, my thoughts are with him.

Sammich
04-14-2008, 08:54 AM
thanks man. yea they work together at his father's muffler shop, in fact Ryan was suppose to be doing my y-pipe, and me even thinking about having someone else install it hurts me to think, so i'm just going to wait until the family is 100% to get it installed.

they work together..his father taught him to box..they are just tight

Leisa
04-15-2008, 09:48 PM
ANY UPDATES?

Sammich
04-16-2008, 07:43 AM
UP FREAKING DATE...IN CASE U HAVENT REALIZED YET I'M PSYCHED..

I TALKED TO A FRIEND LAST NIGHT..THE SWELLING HAS GONE DOWN, THEY TOOK HIM OFF THE BRAIN MONITOR, HE HAS MOVEMENT IN HIS EYES/PUPILS AND HIS BLOOD COUNT HAS RISEN...ALL BY ITSELF...I'M FREAKING PSYCHED AND SO GLAD TO HEAR OF THIS KIND OF PROGRESS..THANKS TO ALL

Motivation
04-16-2008, 08:08 AM
That's awesome news man. I'm glad to hear!

Sammich
04-16-2008, 08:09 AM
YEA ME TOO..CNT WAIT FOR THAT 100% RECOVERY

ahmonrah
04-16-2008, 08:18 AM
alright(sigh).

i'm glad he's on the road to recovery.....makes me think of my own accident and the death of my homeboy just before the 1yr anniversary of my own NDE.

PBS, if you ever go through anything like this again, KNOW that the possibility of death is there, but DONT PREOCCUPY yourself with that. it'll drive you nuts.

i can tell you from experience on 2 sides, that:
1) if i would've panicked about the POSSIBILITY THAT being inside of a burning overturned truck suspended by my seatbelt could kill me, I'D BE DEAD.

and

2) when praying and hoping that a friend will make it, though things look bad, you've got to focus yourself on HIS RECOVERY, like it's IMMINENT.
\
~sorry i didnt see this sooner, i've been workin like a hebrew slave in egypt~

Sammich
04-16-2008, 08:24 AM
alright(sigh).

i'm glad he's on the road to recovery.....makes me think of my own accident and the death of my homeboy just before the 1yr anniversary of my own NDE.

PBS, if you ever go through anything like this again, KNOW that the possibility of death is there, but DONT PREOCCUPY yourself with that. it'll drive you nuts.

i can tell you from experience on 2 sides, that:
1) if i would've panicked about the POSSIBILITY THAT being inside of a burning overturned truck suspended by my seatbelt could kill me, I'D BE DEAD.

and

2) when praying and hoping that a friend will make it, though things look bad, you've got to focus yourself on HIS RECOVERY, like it's IMMINENT.
\
~sorry i didnt see this sooner, i've been workin like a hebrew slave in egypt~

its all good man, thanks for the insight. i think what got me the worse is that i just saw him the day before he got into the accident and that joint just tore me the kcuf up. now to hear he's starting to recover pretty decently its like a weight off my shoulders

ahmonrah
04-16-2008, 08:34 AM
nah, i know how it is mane....believe that! maybe when he get's 100% he can come down this summer. maybe i can hook somethin up for y'all.

Leisa
04-16-2008, 09:26 AM
That is absolutely fantastic.. Im so glad to hear of his good progress.. Please keep up updated as the healing continues :)

MistaCee
04-16-2008, 09:28 AM
Wow congrats glad to hear he is ok!

Sammich
04-16-2008, 09:30 AM
That is absolutely fantastic.. Im so glad to hear of his good progress.. Please keep up updated as the healing continues :)

SURELY WILL:D

I HAZ ANTZ IN MII PANTZ I BII SO ELATED:D

Sammich
04-25-2008, 07:54 AM
so now he's out of ICU and he's in a regular room..he had a trachotomy(sp?) done i believe and they removed the tube(s)...progress ftmfw :D

0p7!mu5
04-25-2008, 08:18 AM
Im rooting for him. Its kinda hard i've already lost 3 friends in the past two years to car accidents so trust me i know how it is. Its starting to scare me.

Sammich
04-25-2008, 08:25 AM
well everytime i hear something its good..so..he's makin steady progress

0p7!mu5
04-25-2008, 08:27 AM
tell him to get a car next time.. just say no to crotch rockets

Sammich
04-25-2008, 08:35 AM
he probably already knows that..he has a truck..he was just riding his bike to work that morning and the jerk didnt care to stop at the stop light...jerks!!!!!!1

besides i dont think his family wont allow him to get another bike

blackboi50
04-25-2008, 08:49 AM
good sh!t im glad hes doing better!!!!.......just outta curiuosity (sp?)......how big is this dude???? like height and weight???......1

Sammich
04-25-2008, 08:55 AM
ha...dude is skin and bones man..he's like maybe 5'10/5'11...prolly 150lbs..i imagine..he dont have no meat on him

ahmonrah
04-25-2008, 09:14 AM
UPDATE MAN!!! how is he?

Sammich
04-25-2008, 09:22 AM
UPDATE MAN!!! how is he?

doing better man:D :

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showpost.php?p=36732737&postcount=63

Sammich
05-05-2008, 11:37 AM
well i got an update today..he is walking(rehabiliation) and talking..he's doing much better. i need to make a trip to go up to see him asap. i havent seen him since the day before he got into the accident.

Sammich
06-23-2008, 09:05 AM
brief update on my boy..

went to the muffler shop to go talk to his father to see how he was progressing at home...well while i'm pulling up, i feel like i'm seeing a ghost or something, because it looks like ryan(the motorbike accident victim) is walking around the shop..i'm like hell naw, i'm tripping, so i walk into the shop, one of the guys that works there i talk to, and i'm like i wanted to speak to the guys dad to see how ryan is doing...he's like, ryan is here...i did the scooby doo "barggh"...

all in all, he's doing great, eating solid food, walking, talking, he remembers alot...i think his father said that he doesnt remember his divorce, which is great, i hope it stays that way..he says he'll be back to work in september, but i'm not holding to that..i just want my homie on 100% recovery, but if he does, that will be magnificent

Leisa
06-23-2008, 09:06 AM
Thats great... good to hear!

Sammich
06-23-2008, 09:23 AM
yea it is..i was tired of worrying and what not..

he was a little guy too..probably 5'9, 5'10 and weighed 160 before the accident...he weighed 125 when he got out of the hospital, and his last weigh in was 135..so he's still making progress

slostang
06-23-2008, 09:26 AM
brief update on my boy..

went to the muffler shop to go talk to his father to see how he was progressing at home...well while i'm pulling up, i feel like i'm seeing a ghost or something, because it looks like ryan(the motorbike accident victim) is walking around the shop..i'm like hell naw, i'm tripping, so i walk into the shop, one of the guys that works there i talk to, and i'm like i wanted to speak to the guys dad to see how ryan is doing...he's like, ryan is here...i did the scooby doo "barggh"...

all in all, he's doing great, eating solid food, walking, talking, he remembers alot...i think his father said that he doesnt remember his divorce, which is great, i hope it stays that way..he says he'll be back to work in september, but i'm not holding to that..i just want my homie on 100% recovery, but if he does, that will be magnificent

good to hear he is recovering. in late april one of my homies was in a bad wreck in his accord, long story short he is now re-learning how to walk and talk and had his bottom jaw reconstructed after a month in "veggie state"

EJ25RUN
06-23-2008, 09:29 AM
jawesomenews

blackboi50
06-24-2008, 08:54 AM
thats whats up homie!!!! :goodjob:......strong man!!!!!......weird about the ghost sh!t though!!!!...........1

Sammich
06-24-2008, 08:55 AM
ha i know right..it took me for suprise cuz i didnt expect to see him there

Sammich
02-03-2009, 12:55 PM
i know this is all late and stuff..but another 'update' if you will..i already said he's at the shop, but he's working, and doing great, he has false teeth of course now because of the accident, has gained alot of his weight back, looks almost the same. about the only thing holding him from getting his license again is he lapse into seizures sometimes. other than that...the old ryan is back

i just wanted to put this out there thats all. thanks for all the words of encouragement

blackboi50
02-03-2009, 01:05 PM
thats awesome man!!!! :goodjob:....1