PDA

View Full Version : Audi Guys

blaknoize
04-09-2008, 08:55 PM
I am considering changing a lil bit in the type of cars I'm interested in. I was wondering the A4 Quattro. Are there any problems assciated with them, I mean ANYWAY, that ANY owner may have to deal with and is the cost of ownership that high and all that.

I'm looking at: http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=241674916&dealer_id=56773162&car_year=1996&model=&num_records=&systime=&make2=&start_year=1996&keywordsfyc=&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=100&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&make=AUDI&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=0&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=45662&advanced=&end_year=2001&doors=&transmission=&max_price=6000&cardist=81

Please, lmk if the price is right and so on. I've very interested in this one. Its so pretty. PM me and all that.

Thanks in advance.

blaknoize
04-13-2008, 11:24 PM
:( no replies...

Nissan Sean
04-13-2008, 11:31 PM
i dont reccomend it. audi's are not that reliable. lots of electronic problems, timing belt issues , and maintenence will cause you to go bankrupt. its expensive out the ass. there nice, and vey luxury but like i said not worth the problems/

4dmin
04-14-2008, 08:01 AM
audi are fine the cost to keep up on any euro is $ doesn't matter what you buy BMW, Benz, Audi, VW, etc...

but i wouldn't suggest v6 A4 i would get a 1.8t.

blaknoize
04-14-2008, 05:46 PM
well those will work. Thanks guys. I heard they are a pain when they break. I didnt really care bout the motor size though Admin. Its hardly gonna go anywhere. (Unless theres a specific reason behind the engine choice.) Just tryin to be a lil different around here in Portsmouth.

Kyle
04-14-2008, 05:55 PM
I am considering changing a lil bit in the type of cars I'm interested in. I was wondering the A4 Quattro. Are there any problems assciated with them, I mean ANYWAY, that ANY owner may have to deal with and is the cost of ownership that high and all that.

I'm looking at: http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=241674916&dealer_id=56773162&car_year=1996&model=&num_records=&systime=&make2=&start_year=1996&keywordsfyc=&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=100&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&make=AUDI&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=0&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=45662&advanced=&end_year=2001&doors=&transmission=&max_price=6000&cardist=81

Please, lmk if the price is right and so on. I've very interested in this one. Its so pretty. PM me and all that.

Thanks in advance.
There are plenty of problems. Once you get past like 70k miles have fun, it gets really expensive. I wouldn't do it, and I love audis.

ShooterMcGavin
05-07-2008, 01:25 PM
^^^not entirely true

Reaper
05-07-2008, 04:21 PM
depends on how the cars been driven and if you keep up on the maintenance...

Admin is right, its just like any other German car...they aren't cheap to work on. BUT if you keep up with the maintenance you'll rarely have an issue and it'll treat you great.

Audi's do have electrical problems...mainly the A4's...the quattro's clutch jobs are expensive as hell, but if you've got a hook up with a mechanic that works on em (like myself) your good to go.

ShooterMcGavin
05-07-2008, 11:27 PM
^^^wtf? you're an audi mechanic too? :thinking:

DavidTB8889
05-14-2008, 02:51 PM
i have an S4 and i have had only one problem, a water pump but it all depends on what mods you go with and how you treat the car.... turbo timer is smart but personally i wouldnt get a quattro A4, a lot of power is lost to the awd system but defiantly 1.8t over the V6... if your not planning on putting a lot of money into it, i would go with a jetta or gti

eViLMunkey
05-19-2008, 03:54 PM
this helps me out in a sense. I plan on by sept this year to get a '01 S4, but was wondering of any known issues w/ that year and of course what to look out for? I already know of the semi- high maintenance on German Vehicles. thanks

kainkauz
10-29-2008, 12:30 AM
have you considered an a6. I have an 02 its the 2.7t it has alot more room than an a4. i never had any issues with mine just always keep up maintenance and you shouldnt have any problems

DavidTB8889
10-29-2008, 06:03 PM
this helps me out in a sense. I plan on by sept this year to get a '01 S4, but was wondering of any known issues w/ that year and of course what to look out for? I already know of the semi- high maintenance on German Vehicles. thanks

s4's are awesome if they are maintained, if the previous owner has all the service records then get it and make sure the timing belt has been done and ask about the turbos, those are the 2 most expensive things... or you could buy mine 2000 with 135k with K04s, turbo back exhaust, koni adjustables, and other little mods