PDA

View Full Version : AEM intake- loose hose?

BarnDog296
08-14-2005, 08:44 PM
I recently purchased an AEM intake for my 93 240SX PS13 and i went to install it, and now I am totally baffled...
After I pulled out my stock intake and hoses, i realized that underneath there is a fairly large hose that hooks to the bottom of my stock intake (close to the engine- not near the intake box) that you can't see from above. I can't tell where it goes to, it seems to go toward the front near the fan or something, but I have no idea...
Worse yet, there isnt a place for it on the AEM intake to hook in. The guy I bought it from just had his hanging out, disconnected and said that it wasnt for anything (but he recently blew his stock engine) so im not taking any chances.

Does anyone know what this bottom hose is for- and if it needs to be plugged in what I can do???

topsecret2JZ
08-14-2005, 08:48 PM
find the bottom and put a small filter on it from like autozone or somethin

BarnDog296
08-15-2005, 05:46 AM
the hose is too big for one of those small filters - any other suggestions? or maybe someone might know what the hose is? this cant be the first time someone has bumped into this.

CapnNismo
08-15-2005, 08:49 AM
Take pictures so we can have a better idea of what it is ...

BarnDog296
08-15-2005, 02:59 PM
its an intake resonator hose. The purpose of it is to lower the volume of the intake (like an exhaust resonator) it goes to a box near the fan. It doesnt have to be a part of the system. Thanx guys for all your help, the guys in the other forums got it right.

sebastianHoff
08-15-2005, 07:16 PM
no its the iacv, you need to connect it or your car wont run right, if at all.