PDA

View Full Version : Misc American Allaunt The coolest dog

The_ CaneCorso
04-08-2008, 10:36 PM
THERE ARE 120 OF THESE DOGS IN THE WHOLE WORLD.

General Description

The American Allaunt is a large dog with as much or more emphasis on its physical abilities and intelligence than appearance. That being said, the breed should appear as follows:

Visibly muscular
Males; 26"-29" , 100-150lbs.
Females; 24"-27", 90-130lbs.
Head; broad with muscular jaw--- (proportions) skull should be as wide as is long and approx. 60% of length of head, muzzle should be wide and approx. 40% of length of head.
Body should appear longer than tall.
Legs should be straight with thick bones.
Chest should be wide but not to wide to affect movement.
Feet should be compact and toes not splayed or long.

Temperament

The American Allaunt must be stable, confident and couragous. Not exhibiting flightiness or fear. This loyal breed is highly intelligent and affectionate. Good with children and other animals.

http://americanallaunt.com/images/hailey01_180x147.jpg (http://americanallaunt.com/images/hailey01.jpg)

Blitanicle99
04-09-2008, 12:07 PM
Looks like a Nazi dog hahaha

Sammich
04-09-2008, 12:11 PM
dude..i want one of those more than an american bulldog..that dog is beautiful

The_ CaneCorso
04-09-2008, 01:53 PM
Here is my baby

Sammich
04-09-2008, 01:58 PM
looks like a mix btwn a great dane mastiff and a pit..they gota big head

The_ CaneCorso
04-09-2008, 06:46 PM
looks like a mix btwn a great dane mastiff and a pit..they gota big head

Um thx NOT. Its called a cane corso

Deke
04-09-2008, 07:32 PM
^I believe he was referring to the type of dog that this thread was in reference to. I could of course be wrong though.

The_ CaneCorso
04-11-2008, 05:52 PM
The lady only wants 1k for puppies! Think she lives in montana

CosmoLTW
04-11-2008, 06:03 PM
Looks kinda like a Cane Corso, my next dog. I'll have to check out one of these too

The_ CaneCorso
04-11-2008, 11:25 PM
Yea my dog the brindle IS a cane corso.

CosmoLTW
04-12-2008, 01:50 PM
How big do the male CCs get? How about there temperament from your personal experience? Thanks

The_ CaneCorso
04-12-2008, 03:25 PM
The males get up to 150. Mollie is freaking awesome. Good with cats and other dogs and kids. Like any other dog is how you raise them. Its only ignorent people who thinks all dog breeds are the same.

CosmoLTW
04-14-2008, 12:47 AM
The males get up to 130. Mollie is freaking awesome. Good with cats and other dogs and kids. Like any other dog is how you raise them. Its only ignorent people who thinks all dog breeds are the same.
I totally agree. I have a 115lb. Rottweiler and he is the biggest puss you have ever seen. Sweetest dog I have ever been around. But, now you got this new one in the news for attacking a small girl apparently that came into his yard. And she was supposed to have a babysitter watching her! And now they are going to euthanize the dog and apparently the mom wants to have the government crack down on all Rottweilers in some way. It makes me nervous because if my dog ever gets out I would bet my life on the fact that he wouldn't hurt a fly. But, if anybody sees him, gets scared, and calls the pound, my county apparently has a policy about immediately putting stray "protection breeds" down. It's just sad. Anyways, thanks for the info on the dog. Do you know where I can find a Cane Corso breeder around here? I really want a brendel(sp?) male.

The_ CaneCorso
04-14-2008, 10:25 AM
It pisses me off about how dogs get sterotyped. I was at athens mem park dog park yesterday with my cane and I saw 2 presa there. AWESOME looking and the biggest friendliest babies I have ever seen. What these soccer moms and suburb types with their ****ing **** zus and what not think OMG its big lets ban it AND they are too close minded to realize its the OWNER who made it like that. I have NEVER been bit by a big dog, but quite a few times by small dogs. Lets ban dogs 10lbs and under.Lol

CosmoLTW
04-15-2008, 01:31 AM
It pisses me off about how dogs get sterotyped. I was at athens mem park dog park yesterday with my cane and I saw 2 presa there. AWESOME looking and the biggest friendliest babies I have ever seen. What these soccer moms and suburb types with their ****ing **** zus and what not think OMG its big lets ban it AND they are too close minded to realize its the OWNER who made it like that. I have NEVER been bit by a big dog, but quite a few times by small dogs. Lets ban dogs 10lbs and under.Lol
Definitely man and +1 on the being bit by little dogs. I HATE little dogs. Part of the reason why I got a big dog like my Rott is for the temperament. That and big dogs don't yap. But yeah I am actually between a Cane and a Presa for my next dog. Not for the whole steriotypical they look tough thing like people think. I just think big muscular dogs look awesome! The only kinda dog I'll own.

The Ninja
04-15-2008, 10:08 AM
Unless I had the thing from birth, I doubt I could bring myself to trust it.

The_ CaneCorso
04-15-2008, 12:03 PM
Well I like my cane, and they are lean and muscular. Presa I think are a little shorter but way wider. Ok here is a presa, allaunt, my mollie and then a famous cane corso.

The Ninja
04-15-2008, 01:23 PM
I bet its barks sound like: "I WILL F*CK YOU UP!"

The_ CaneCorso
04-15-2008, 02:36 PM
Lol, my mollie has a deep rumble bark and she is the smallest of those 2 other breeds

LQQKITZME
04-16-2008, 08:07 PM
The males get up to 130. Mollie is freaking awesome. Good with cats and other dogs and kids. Like any other dog is how you raise them. Its only ignorent people who thinks all dog breeds are the same.

The Bully breads are more prone to have issues

BLK JDM
04-21-2008, 01:50 PM

I never had bully bread before! What's issues does this bread have? High yeast content, prone to fast molding? Maybe that's why don't sell it at Kroger and Publix?

I don't believe that prone to have issue BS!! Myself and plenty other family members have raised numerous amounts of pitbulls and they all have different personalities but NONE(over 30 dogs) have had issues such as bad temperment or aggression to people. It's how you raise your dog from beginning to end. If you get your dog as a puppy or even pretty young you can mold them just as child can be molded.

The_ CaneCorso
04-22-2008, 05:29 PM
I never had bully bread before! What's issues does this bread have? High yeast content, prone to fast molding? Maybe that's why don't sell it at Kroger and Publix?

I don't believe that prone to have issue BS!! Myself and plenty other family members have raised numerous amounts of pitbulls and they all have different personalities but NONE(over 30 dogs) have had issues such as bad temperment or aggression to people. It's how you raise your dog from beginning to end. If you get your dog as a puppy or even pretty young you can mold them just as child can be molded.

EXACTLY, HE was sterotyping. thats like saying a racist slur

The_ CaneCorso
04-30-2008, 08:25 PM
Yay my dog just went in heat

Iawa
05-03-2008, 11:31 AM
lol

AnthonyF
05-03-2008, 09:55 PM
Um thx NOT. Its called a cane corsowow, way to be a dìck

Spectic Tank
05-05-2008, 08:00 PM

You're actually right, but it isn't the only dog. Almost all 'bully' breeds have beem overbred. Everyone and their mother wants a mean looking dog or a dog that can attack someone. This isn't a recent fad though, german shepards, rottweilers, and dobermans have all gone through the same thing in the past...it just seems that pitbulls and other 'bully' breeds are the newest fad. Overbreeding, and puppymills (which often mate bitches with their littermates) cause unstable dogs. If a chihuaha is unstable it's not nearly as dangerous as a dog that can take down a 250 pound man.

On topic though...

CC's and presa'a are awesome looking dogs, and some of the best gaurd dogs...not very good working dogs as their large size doesn't give them much endurance.

KidSaru
05-06-2008, 12:57 AM
Game bred bulldogs, all I need.

type_r
05-14-2008, 06:42 PM
I want a Rhodesian Ridgeback. Pretty massive dog. I took care of one for a week for a neighbor and that beast was the sweetest most chill dog I've ever seen. And I do agree on little dogs, the only one I've ever liked has been my Jack Russel because we raised it to be intelligent like they can be.

The_ CaneCorso
09-04-2008, 03:06 PM
You're actually right, but it isn't the only dog. Almost all 'bully' breeds have beem overbred. Everyone and their mother wants a mean looking dog or a dog that can attack someone. This isn't a recent fad though, german shepards, rottweilers, and dobermans have all gone through the same thing in the past...it just seems that pitbulls and other 'bully' breeds are the newest fad. Overbreeding, and puppymills (which often mate bitches with their littermates) cause unstable dogs. If a chihuaha is unstable it's not nearly as dangerous as a dog that can take down a 250 pound man.

On topic though...

CC's and presa'a are awesome looking dogs, and some of the best gaurd dogs...not very good working dogs as their large size doesn't give them much endurance.

Just need enough run in them to get the bad guys off my lawn.