PDA

View Full Version : General Chat In the market for a BMW

Lucky DAWG
04-08-2008, 04:12 PM
So i'm looking to get a new car, preferably a BMW... that or an F-150, but disregard that lol.

I'm really unfamiliar with the BMW market and the technical issues and performance on most of the models or how easy/hard some of them are to either modify aesthetically or performance wise and how expensive it would be.

I was looking mainly at 3 series, Z4, and M3, possibly even an 8 series but thats a stretch. I'm looking to get something that is atleast a 2002 as well and under 30K.

If anyone has any kind of tips or models they prefer let me know so i can scope them out and hopefully make a more informed decision, i'll probably be purchasing the car inbetween May and June.

allmotoronly
04-08-2008, 07:29 PM
I would go for a newer 3 series. You can find them in the high $20k's. If you want something that rides like a car, but will hold some cargo, go for the X3. I test drove one a few weeks ago. They are pretty nice, just not as off-road oriented as I'm looking for. I'm probably going to buy my fiance a 135i early next year after I pay off whatever I buy myself in the next few weeks. Supposedly it goes 0-60 in 4.7 seconds?!?! I'd like to see it. For $30k you may be able to find a 2002 M3. Look on ebay.

integraguy06
04-08-2008, 07:33 PM
i have a friend who is trying to sell his M3 if u are interested let me know

81911SC
04-08-2008, 08:05 PM
You're alive?

Footefan52
04-08-2008, 08:45 PM
The Z4 was the number one selling car for women last year IIRC

integraguy06
04-08-2008, 08:47 PM
The Z4 was the number one selling car for women last year IIRC

lol :lmfao:

Lucky DAWG
04-09-2008, 01:07 PM
i have a friend who is trying to sell his M3 if u are interested let me know

whats the stats on it? color? mileage? year?

pm me.

and what you mean i'm alive? lol

and yea the Z4 being the best selling car for woman extinguishes my liking for it a bit lol :lmfao:

Lucky DAWG
04-09-2008, 01:08 PM
and also is a 3 series reasonable to modify? is there a tasteful market for it that isn't a pain in the ass to find?

OnURleft
04-09-2008, 04:32 PM
and also is a 3 series reasonable to modify? is there a tasteful market for it that isn't a pain in the ass to find?

there's probably a larger market to modify a BMW then toyota and Lexus combined. After all the most active single brand car forums online are BMW forums. You not only have companies like G-Power, Alpina, ACS, Hamann, Dinan, UUC, Bavauto,Vorshlag, T.M.S, T.R.M, Bimmerworld, Vishnu, Rogue, Active Autowerke VF engineering doing authentics and tuning specifically for BMW's etc. etc. etc there is also the euro-spec market, the ebay market and simply the "track prep" market which you could literally replace every part on the car for something to make it go around a road course faster...because that's where their soul is. The only car company with that many side "tuning companies" modifying their cars specifically that I know of would be Honda (Muggen, Spoon, Comptech etc.).
I'd recommend buying a use E46 M3 thats well taken care of (dosn't need valves adjusted) etc. or a 2004+ 330i ZHP.

Johnny Chimpo
04-09-2008, 10:15 PM
Lucky SC pm sent.

Benefit
04-09-2008, 10:50 PM
M3 is ALOT of car for what it is....my bro just got a E36 M and its an amazing car