PDA

View Full Version : Any Body repair peopl out there? Or People with experience

DC2NR
04-07-2008, 10:17 PM
Looking at a few options of what product to use as a body filler. Bondo doesn't seem too good for a professional look, and is also not one of the options I'm looking at. I found some Rage Gold body filler which I've heard good reviews about.

http://www.sherwin-automotive.com/products/show_product.cfm?product=29779&cat=37

I guess my question is what do you guys use or what would you guys prefer?

Any input is appreciated.
Thanks

SixSquared
04-07-2008, 10:22 PM
The guy who does all the bodywork on my car swears by gold or white filler.. he says they're easier to work with.

From what I've heard (and I'm no bodywork expert), it's not so much what filler you use as how proportionately you mix the filler compound and the hardener.

What are you using it for?

DC2NR
04-07-2008, 10:26 PM
Dent repair in a project car.

SixSquared
04-07-2008, 10:42 PM
just make sure to get the dent as smooth as possible (IE bang it out) before you put the filler on. The less filler the better, and good body people will never put body filler on thicker than 1/4"

DC2NR
04-07-2008, 10:59 PM
just make sure to get the dent as smooth as possible (IE bang it out) before you put the filler on. The less filler the better, and good body people will never put body filler on thicker than 1/4"

Yeah That's what I'm doing. I wouldn't want it to crack. Thanks for the advice/info.

Motivation
04-08-2008, 09:54 AM
^^^ that's correct. Remember it is easier if you apply it smoothly to the car, and it is also easier to shape/mold the body filler when it's not completely hardened which makes it easier for sanding. Just remember, patience is one of the best tools to use when looking for good quality in bodywork.

DC2NR
04-08-2008, 11:03 AM
^^thanks

SixSquared
04-08-2008, 11:36 AM
^^^ that's correct. Remember it is easier if you apply it smoothly to the car, and it is also easier to shape/mold the body filler when it's not completely hardened which makes it easier for sanding. Just remember, patience is one of the best tools to use when looking for good quality in bodywork.

REPS for your sig... that's powerful as hell.

Motivation
04-08-2008, 11:45 AM
^ Appreciate it. I wish I could've served but I thought it would make people at least stop and think about what was going on in the real world...

santacruz77
04-08-2008, 11:47 AM
i agree repz

Ricer
04-08-2008, 09:52 PM
rage gold is good stuff... rage xtreme is even better... but then again i have people buying the cheap **** and swear by it... and produce some awesome bodywork