PDA

View Full Version : michael richards statement

Leadfoot_mf
04-07-2008, 02:41 PM
Michael Richards better known as Kramer from tv's Seinfeld, does make a good point.

This was his defense speech in court after making racial comments in his comedy act. HE MAKES SOME VERY INTERESTING POINTS.

Proud To Be White

Someone finally said it.

How many are actually paying attention to this?

There are African Americans, Mexican Americans,
Asian Americans, Arab Americans, etc.

And then there are just Americans.

You pass me on the street and sneer in my direction.

You Call me 'White boy,' 'Cracker,' 'Honkey,'
'Whitey,' 'Caveman' ... and that's OK.

But when I call you, ******, Kike, Towel head,
Sand-******, Camel Jockey, Beaner, Gook, or Chink ...
You call me a racist.

You say that whites commit a lot of violence against you,
so why are the ghettos the most dangerous places to live?

You have the United Negro College Fund.

You have Martin Luther King Day.

You have Black History Month.

You have Cesar Chavez Day.

You have Yom Hashoah.

You have Ma'uled Al-Nabi.

You have the NAACP.

You have BET.

If we had WET (White Entertainment Television) we'd be racists.

If we had a White Pride Day, you would call us racists.

If we had White History Month , we'd be racists.

If we had any organization for only whites to 'advance'
OUR lives we'd be racists.

We have a Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, a Black Chamber
of Commerce, and then we just have the plain Chamber of Commerce.

Wonder who pays for that?

A white woman could not be in the Miss Black American
pageant, but any color can be in the Miss America pageant.

If we had a college fund that only gave white students
scholarships you know we'd be racists.

There are over 60 openly proclaimed Black Colleges
in the US .. Yet if there were 'White colleges' THAT
would be a racist college.

In the Million Man March, you believed that you were
marching for your race and rights.

If we marched for
our race and rights, you would call us racists.

You are proud to be black, brown, yellow and orange, and
you're not afraid to announce it.

But when we announce
our white pride, you call us racists.

You rob us, carjack us, and shoot at us.

But, when a
white police officer shoots a black gang member or beats
up a black drug-dealer running from the law and posing a
threat to society, you call him a racist.

I am proud.

But you call me a racist.

Why is it that only whites can be racists?

There is nothing improper about this e-mail.

Let's see which of you are proud enough to send it on.

Sammich
04-07-2008, 02:44 PM
FIRST OFF PUT THAT **** TOGETHER..AND SECOND IT MAKES SENSE, THIRD HE CONTRADICTS HIMSELF, BASICALLY TRYING TO SAY ITS OK TO CALL US N*GGER, BUT WE ARE RACIST FOR SAYING THOSE WORDS...EITHER WAY UR RACIST, OR USING RACIAL SLURS, PERIOD. FOURTH..REPOST :ninja:

BanginJimmy
04-07-2008, 03:12 PM
I think I saw that first in around 2002. That was a few days before Richards made an ass of himself.

It is true though.

tony
04-07-2008, 04:32 PM
boo ****ing hoo

AlanŽ
04-07-2008, 05:13 PM
has a lot of truth to it though. back when i was in high school and we would have stupid black history month stuff and my senior year we had to sit through this 2 hour long assembly which I didn't mind. But after 2 hours of listening to how they fought for equality and unity they wanted everyone to stand up and sing the black national anthem. I was so perplexed, shocked, and pissed off about it my ass did not come out of the seat. on the way out a bunch of random black people came up and had the balls to call me a racist.

JITB
04-07-2008, 05:20 PM
has a lot of truth to it though. back when i was in high school and we would have stupid black history month stuff and my senior year we had to sit through this 2 hour long assembly which I didn't mind. But after 2 hours of listening to how they fought for equality and unity they wanted everyone to stand up and sing the black national anthem. I was so perplexed, shocked, and pissed off about it my ass did not come out of the seat. on the way out a bunch of random black people came up and had the balls to call me a racist.

lol did u copy that from the other race thread, from feb? we have heard ur story many times already..

jew_boy
04-07-2008, 05:22 PM
i believe this is very true..+1

AlanŽ
04-07-2008, 05:23 PM
lol did u copy that from the other race thread, from feb? we have heard ur story many times already..
lol. sorry man i'm really bad about tellin the same storie over and over again. But that **** has really stuck with me and everytime i read stuff like this this is what it makes me think of.

man
04-07-2008, 05:28 PM
boo ****ing hoo

Care to elaborate? Awfully short-spoken for such a huge issue in our society.

JITB
04-07-2008, 05:41 PM
Care to elaborate? Awfully short-spoken for such a huge issue in our society.

its self explanatory... if u want ur own channel, colleges, holidays, month, and whatever else is on that list.. start a petition. And take it to your local congressman... nobody is stopping anything. :goodjob:

man
04-07-2008, 06:04 PM
its self explanatory... if u want ur own channel, colleges, holidays, month, and whatever else is on that list.. start a petition. And take it to your local congressman... nobody is stopping anything. :goodjob:

If only things were that simple, like I said this is an issue with society, not whites, black, etc. society in general. How can we allow hate but only if it's one-way? It's not a simple fix. And if you think blacks/asians/hispanics are any less guilty than whites you are hugely mistaken.

Also, not saying this applies to everyone. But the loud ones are the heard ones... Easier to spread hate than love.

JITB
04-07-2008, 06:11 PM
If only things were that simple, like I said this is an issue with society, not whites, black, etc. society in general. How can we allow hate but only if it's one-way? It's not a simple fix. And if you think blacks/asians/hispanics are any less guilty than whites you are hugely mistaken.

Also, not saying this applies to everyone. But the loud ones are the heard ones... Easier to spread hate than love.

than whats the problem?

SLOWLYbtngU
04-07-2008, 06:12 PM
Sweet! I have read this argument a thousand times in different versions on myspace..whatthef8ckever...

man
04-07-2008, 06:14 PM
than whats the problem?

Should be pretty obvious, unless you're suggesting there is no problem (which in-turn is the problem)

SLOWLYbtngU
04-07-2008, 06:15 PM

Sweet, so you're saying that other races are "loud" as opposed to the "quiet" what???

I am sorry to jump in on this but when you talk about race you are opening up pandora's box and you can never be prepared for what comes out of it.

mad3nch1na
04-07-2008, 06:17 PM
But every day is a Holiday if you're white...

tightflks
04-07-2008, 06:21 PM

hate is allowed one-way cause yall ****ed up **** for too long, wasnt allowed two ways before, there were no white slaves, white colonies and **** so **** it and deal, coloreds had to before

and whats wrong with black history month (i'm not black) when white history is taught every other damn month, if anything having that month just trivializes all that **** cause thats the only time it matters apparently, that one month

Sledlude
04-07-2008, 06:26 PM
white ppl have not been historically oppressed in this country as ppl of other races have. thats the difference.... im just sayin....

minorities feel that they should organize to help each other advance in a country where just 50 years ago, they were second class citizens.

5spdfrk
04-07-2008, 06:28 PM
http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/proudwhite.asp

ironchef
04-07-2008, 06:30 PM
hate is allowed one-way cause yall ****ed up **** for too long, wasnt allowed two ways before, there were no white slaves, white colonies and **** so **** it and deal, coloreds had to before

and whats wrong with black history month (i'm not black) when white history is taught every other damn month, if anything having that month just trivializes all that **** cause thats the only time it matters apparently, that one monthNo hate isn't allowed to be a one way street, that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. You can't hold todays people responsible for what people did 2-300 years ago. Who the **** do you think you are?

Black history month is dumb as ****, why cant they just integrate it into all the other months, wouldn't that make a lot more sense?

SLOWLYbtngU
04-07-2008, 06:30 PM
I cannot force you to feel any particular way...But seriously... I had no respect for the Civil Rights movement until I went to college and took several civil rights classes. The same freedoms that they were fighting for were very similar to the freedoms that the colonies were fighting for when we wanted to get away from Great Britian. I just dont understand how people manage to make it seem like what was happening to Blacks in the US is or was ok... IT wasnt ok here and it wasnt ok in South Africa. I am sorry if it sounds like I am ranting but seriously...I just dont understand how so many people can be cold hearted. I get told all teh time that I am naive and silly for living in my own imaginary world where everyone cares about everyone else. I know that is not the case but for crying out loud we are so damn consumed in us us us that we never think about others...:mad: I am done... I am sorry for jumping in here...There is no use sometimes, people are so set in their ways I am surprised that I even still care.

Sledlude
04-07-2008, 06:32 PM
and whats wrong with black history month (i'm not black) when white history is taught every other damn month, if anything having that month just trivializes all that **** cause thats the only time it matters apparently, that one month

truth. in schools, why is it that we learn european history to such an extent, but the histories of other peoples/cultures is barely touched upon? we all learn that the pilgrims came here to build a new life, had a picnic with the "indians", and things were happy after that. we all know thats not true. what 'black history' and all the other things of the sort do is try to even out the lies that are taught to children in our schools, and remind people that there was much struggle to get where we are today as a nation. not everybody has the same history, but thats the story you get in grade school. I know damn well my forefathers didn't come over here on the mayflower, same for lots of others. believe it or not, there were other people here before the white invasion, and history of north america is not all-inclusive of what happened all over the world. :D

SLOWLYbtngU
04-07-2008, 06:35 PM
No hate isn't allowed to be a one way street, that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. You can't hold todays people responsible for what people did 2-300 years ago. Who the **** do you think you are?

Black history month is dumb as ****, why cant they just integrate it into all the other months, wouldn't that make a lot more sense?
I totally agree with you about integrating it into every other month. I think that is the way it is supposed to be. Hell I am latina and we get one month in the year that no one is aware of (Sept) that is dedicated to us but there are so many of "us" that it is impossible to truly show what we all have done to better ourselves or the land we now call home.

And I totally agree with you that we should not hold people accountable today for what was done in the past but when people today are perpetuating the things of yester-year...You do have to call them out on it. I cant change someone's opinion but I'll be damned if someone tries to tell me that my rights are less than American A, B, C, or D.... :no:

ironchef
04-07-2008, 06:40 PM
but when people today are perpetuating the things of yester-year...You do have to call them out on it. Thats a different issue entirely, however I agree these old ways of thought need to be abolished to have a permanent change in society.

I think the biggest issue with this whole topic is the fact that our educational system straight up sucks. Now, I cant speak for private k-12 type schools, because I have no experience with those. However, the public schools are a complete waste of time. I went to one of the supposed top public high schools in the state, and I still didn't learn a damn thing to prepare me for real life. Everything was sugar coated bull****, which is sad, and a complete waste of 4 years.

tightflks
04-07-2008, 07:22 PM
No hate isn't allowed to be a one way street, that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. You can't hold todays people responsible for what people did 2-300 years ago. Who the **** do you think you are?

i didnt mean to say that it is allowed or thats how it should be, but that it is what it is and that is why

0p7!mu5
04-07-2008, 07:24 PM
Thats a different issue entirely, however I agree these old ways of thought need to be abolished to have a permanent change in society.

I think the biggest issue with this whole topic is the fact that our educational system straight up sucks. Now, I cant speak for private k-12 type schools, because I have no experience with those. However, the public schools are a complete waste of time. I went to one of the supposed top public high schools in the state, and I still didn't learn a damn thing to prepare me for real life. Everything was sugar coated bull****, which is sad, and a complete waste of 4 years.

so damn true it ****ing hurts....its kinda hard erasing what you're taught in school especially if you accept it as fact. I think I learned way more about life since i have been out and actually talked to people than i ever did in school, especially when it comes to career choices.
Honestly I agree with the whole Kramer thing to a point. yeah I hate to say it but white folks did **** up majorly in history.. alot. Im black and I admit it we're ****ing up pretty bad trying to call for peace on one hand yet make ourselves look like asses. My family tried to push me tward a HBC but i never saw the point. Why distance myself from others hell i love other cultures. One of my closest friends is white and my girl is puerto rican. I still cant figure out why if i see so many folks getting along like we have but still have a major racist issue. I know with certain cultures other races ( blacks especially) are looked down on still but on the whole it is getting stupid now. its 2008 we got more important **** to worry about than skin color like i dunno gas being at ****in $3.28 a damn gallon.:2up:

0p7!mu5
04-07-2008, 07:28 PM
wow my grammar sucks horribly after work i just re-read what i wrote...

redpanda
04-07-2008, 07:41 PM
very agreeable. Although in the video, he did go overboard